Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   Empty
PostSubject: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

"Last week I murdered a ROCK..."
"Injured a STONE..."
"Hospitalized a BRICK..."
"I'm so mean I make medicine SICK!"

The inspirational quotes roared from the gyms surround-sound speakers and echoed down to its empty depths. The renowned gym was completely empty as the inspirational words from one of the greatest Pugilists of all time spoke with a catchy toon in the background. However, in the center of one of the many training rings trained Cole; the senior fully engaging himself in the quotes as he danced around the roped cage with amazing footwork and flawless combinations of punches. He wore his typical training attire: A black tanktop, grey sweatpants, and black training sneakers.

"I'mma float like a butterfly and sting like a BEE...
"Because his HANDS can't hit, what his EYES can't SEE!"

The young boxer spoke along with the great Muhammad Ali. He'd cease this fast paced ritual; sweat trickling down his forehead as he would leap from the springy ring. Directly beside the ring resided a jump-rope. The 3rd year took hold of the item and began jumping as he rotated his wrists and the rope with extremely fast fashion. The speech drowned out everything within the gym and even the citizens of Shibakuzoi outside could hear the words of this once great man. Granted it was in English so only a hand full knew of the words being spoken, and even then it probably wouldn't be fully decipherable to the mainly Japanese residence.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Oh the things Lorielle could be talked into. She would have to learn how to say the phrase “no thank you” at some point. Then again, she learned this was for someone she knew, and it could always be a way to say hello to him again and it was not like she had to do anything. Anything to take her mind off of recent events. Walking through Shibakuzoi, she would soon come across the gym she had come across in her many travels through the city. She recognized it well enough, though she had never been in. The gym also seemed to have loud enough speaking coming from the inside, which would be audible even from outside. She did not particularly remember it being so loud. ‘Then again, I do not go around here often anyway…’ she thought. The tournament was coming up soon, so Lorielle could always go say hello if she did not end up going to the tournament itself. She probably would have time to, but she at the moment was far more interested in the mystery behind the red doors, what they mean, why they are here, and so on and so on. But who knows, maybe it will be fun, Lori was always for fun.

She would walk in, the speaking even louder, revealed to be mostly inspirational speaking when Lorielle took a moment to think about it. Makes enough sense in the gym atmosphere. She did not wear much that day, since it had just now began to be spring, and the heat coming back in full force. On her was a normal red T-shirt and knee-high beige shorts. She even wore her flip-flops that day, not easily adjusting to the warmth well. She did not know if she looked a bit bigger in the bust area, vaguely recalling being a bit “flaunting” with herself when she first met him. The jacket seemed to mask a decent portion of her. Either way, Lori would not dwell on the matter, catching sight of Mr. Barbados, currently jump-roping in the middle of the completely empty gym, for how well-known it apparently was. She would take a seat near the middle, and wait for him to finish, as saying something out of the blue would mess him up most likely. She would lean back against the seat she sat in, crossing one leg over another, and watch with decent interest, her scarlet eyes observing the area around him just as much. It looked like a proper boxing ring, this gym.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 pm

The quotes pouring from the speakers only made him want to reach perfection that much more as his jumping pace picked up tenfold. This inhumanly pace lasted for fifteen seconds before the 3rd year dropped the rope in pure exhaustion. He'd pant; this panting extremely heavy as sweat drizzled down his forehead and neck. "Man that was intense." The Fighter murmured to himself; bending down towards his refreshing bottle of water. He held the bottle up to his lips and took three long gulps before placing it back upon the blue mat he stood upon. "Alright, time to hit up those combinations and forms!" He'd boast to himself with clapping hands and a rotating neck. The Boxer suddenly turned around in the direction of the leather punchbags but almost pissed his sweats upon seeing a girl seating in a chair just watching him. "FUCK!!!!!!" He'd scream at the top of his lungs; his heart beating so hard he could've sworn it was attempting to escape from it's protective cage. Luckily enough for him, the music and speech drowned out the vulgar word. The 3rd year reached into his pocket and pulled out the universal speaker remote. He pressed a single button and everything feel silent. He looked at the familiar looking girl and smiled a soft grin. "Maaaan you scared the shit outta' me, girl." He laughed, "What brings you way out here to my neck-of-the-woods, huh? You tryin' hit the weights or something?" He asked, indeed curious why she was even here in the first place. Not many teenagers know of this spot; let alone entered this place of violence.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Lorielle would continue to watch him until he turned. Cole seemed to be very much into it, and it showed when he downed his water like a madman in a desert. The third year would then pull out a remote and turn off the music and noise. The first thing Lori did was laugh when he told her she scared him. ‘Did he jump? New goal: startle him as much as possible’ she thought. She would give him a grin back still in her seat. “Wasn’t my original goal, but I am glad I did.” She said. She would then slowly get up and walk closer to the ring, getting a better look at the training man. Though she would snort on the way there when he asked why she was there. “Weights? Don’t make me laugh Barbados. I have a hard enough time picking up full garbage bags,” she joked. Well, not completely untrue. She was not very strong. Sure she could wield a polearm in battle, but she was nowhere near big and buff like Cole was. It had not even occurred to her that it was his name until she saw the rumor board at school. Maybe she would have to try and find him at school one day. “I stopped by cause I wanted to say hi. I heard about the match you had coming up. Wanted to cheer you on. Maybe I will work out with you!” she said. In spite of her inability to do any sort of exercise, maybe if he was there she would do it. It would probably be less boring.

“I actually expected more people here. Isn’t this place supposed to be fairly well-known?” she asked. It was a large area. Maybe even one other person would be fine. But there was nothing here. Quite weird to see. “But I guess it’s no matter. Just means we get to be alone,” she said, making a small wink before giggling. She assumed Cole would take it as humor, and he was right, it was half humor, half an obvious flirt. Lorielle enjoyed being a flirt when she wanted to be, and it would normally work in helping the mood. At least, she cannot recall when it did not work. Maybe one day she would commit to a flirt, but for now, she was going to revel in the fun of it all.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:52 pm

"Tch" The 3rd year averted his gaze from the girl and walked over to the hefty punching bags upon her first comment. So she was just here to distract him, huh? Probably walked by, heard the loudness, noticed him, then came in. Yeah, that sounded logical and seemed about right. When he'd reach the punching bag, he couldn't help but laugh at her feminine nature and pretty sad joke. Couldn't even lift garbage bags? Are you serious? Hell, she better hope she can find an significant other because; if she can't, her place of residence will be packed wall to wall with nothing but her garbage. Well, she could always find someone to do it for her, right? Like some poor sap she catches in her feminine web of false hope and promise? Yeah, she could do that too. Or, she could hit the fuckin' gym and stop being a weakling... Just a thought, though. Cole punched the bag as she continued to speak. Oh, so she came in response to the rumor board, huh? So she was the user, huh? Damn, pretty small world after all. He wondered if she went to the Academy too. Obviously he couldn't let her know it was him for the sake of being his usual assholeish self, but he would pay along. "Oh yeah? You wanna' root me on, girl? Or maybe you're more interested in the ring girl role, yeah? Those little bikinis they strut can be kinda' sexy, ya' know?" He teased; executing one monstrous straight that sent the heavy bag of sand to fly backwards on its sturdy metal chain. Cole placed his eyes on the girl as she voiced about how empty the establishment was. "When I have a fight coming up, everyone leaves me to my lonesome, get it? I dislike distractions, but I'll make the exception for you." The bag swung like a pendulum and the 3rd year would catch it with a single arm. But, her last string of words is what made him question why she was really here... Was this girl craving for some Barbados love?! Nah, she was obviously teasing; the wink and giggle being clear indication of  this. Well, she was teasing...Right? ...Right? "You tryin' do something, girl? Nah, you ain't ready!" He'd boast with a arrogant laugh.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:05 am

Lorielle did get a laugh out of that comment. Did he mean that or was he joking? I guess the fun is in the mystery right? “Nah, I am more of that kind of girl you would see in short shorts at volleyball games. I hate the heat, but I will enjoy that kind of sun,” she said giving a smile. She wondered if that would give a call to her attire. It was not often she did not wear a jacket, yet at the same time, she did not want to wear it in the heat. She would give a half smile when he punched the bag as hard as he did. “Impressive. Maybe if I had boxing gloves I would give it a shot,” she said. Her friendly demeanor would diminish slightly when he said he usually hung around here alone. She did not look in pain, but she did give a frown. “Oh, sorry. Now I feel a bit bad for startling you,” she said sincerely. She did not want to joke around like this, as it was better to be serious and have the person just admit to the joke, than joke and it turns out they were being serious.

Hopefully he was not too upset. She would remain with the slight frown if he did not say much else. Though no matter what, she would give a sly grin when he made his fabulous boast. The man was clearly caught off guard, or so she assumed. Unless him being loud and outrageous was always his thing, which could be a possibility. Though, she did learn of his hobby that he apparently took very seriously, so she did not have a solid grasp on how he felt at that moment, at least not yet. “Careful Cole,” she said wagging her finger out at him before tapping her temple. “Apart from the club, you know little about me. Which is partially why I came here. Or was it? I daresay I cannot remember anymore. Maybe next time I will remember my number to give you,” she said holding her grin. It was such fun trying to toy with the guy. He probably would see her flirt coming though. But no matter. She would lift her foot, and climbing up over the ropes around the ring, vaulting over them with ease. She may not be physically buff, but she was certainly agile, and knew how to “walk” as it were. She would lean back on the corner of the ring. “Maybe I can just sit back and watch. Don’t mind me, I will coach you on,” she said. She was feeling fairly relaxed today. Maybe that contributed to her calm demeanor.

Strength:
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 am

"Word..." Oh man that was very 'lovely' imagery the blonde vixen put in his head. For a split second, everything seemed to cease around the 3rd year as he envisioned the girl. What?! Dude is still a dude after all. He'd shake his head and come back to reality mere seconds later. Only to come back to the girl making amends for not only interrupting his vigorous training session but also startling him. "Tch," Cole raised his arm in a "just-forget-about-it" gesture and casually strolled over to the row of flat workout benches. Upon reaching them he'd take a seat and make sure his hard-wrappings remained tight while the female continued speaking. He wouldn't look at her while she spoke, but he was still paying attention to her words. The academy student chuckled as she spoke her reasoning for being here today. "Pfft, yeah right. I know you want thi-..." He mouthed to himself in a very hushed toned; only to stop himself mid way for obvious reasons. However, out the corner of his eye, he could see the girl climbing into one of the many rings scattered throughout the massive gym. Cole rose from the bench and glared at the girl, "Oi!" But he'd stop himself and shake his head; she obviously struck a chord without realizing it. But what was this chord? Her words? Maybe actions? Who knew. The 3rd year made his way to the locker-room, retrieved a pair of old beat up training gloves, and came back out with a faint smile. "If you're gonna stand in the ring you gotta be ready to throw down at any given moment, understand? It's the only rule of the gym, chick." Cole slowly walked up to Lori and held out the beat-up; but clean pair of training gloves. "You know how to put on gloves, right? Or am I gonna' have to show you?" He asked teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:08 pm

“What? I can totally do it. Not well, but I can do it,” she said in response his sudden outburst. She would watch him soon leave and grab some old tattered down gloves. The challenge he made would only bring a sincere grin to Lori’s face. “Alright, I’ll take it,” she said, taking the gloves Cole held out for him. The flirting had stopped, her smile had dropped slightly, and Cole and even Lorielle had a semblance of seriousness to her face. But in the back of her mind, he better not be expecting her to take him on. The guy was a walking skyscraper that just happened to be loud. Her smile would return when he suggested helping her put the gloves on. “Oh I am just fine. Girls have to dress themselves of course,” she said putting on the gloves with little struggle after all. They felt fitting to her hands, and certainly could stay on once she started punching. She would look towards the hanging punching bag and nod. “I am sure I do not have to tussle with you. At least I don’t want to. This will be an easy target,” she said turning to the punching bag and walking to it.

She was not really nervous at all. If anything, her hands might have gotten better since fighting in Limbo and using her weapon in battle and kendo. At least that was the assumption, since she did not know how heavy the bag was, but presumably it was heavy enough, or Cole was very strong…or both. Stopping enough distance from the punching bag, she would turn sideways and lift up her hands putting them into a fist. She would then throw a right-handed swing at the bag, sending it a bit away from her, not much, but pretty much what you would expect from a beginner. Though she had been using her naginata for so long, air must have been building in her bones, so when she punched it, you could hear the cracking of her knuckles against the bag. Lorielle would shake that hand, not really feeling much pain, as it wasn’t broken, just a bit loud. Putting her hands back to where they were, she would strike the bag with her left hand on the way down, but instead of stopping it, she would slow down the bag and instead get hit by it. “Oof!” She would stumble back a bit, regaining her footing easily with grace. It did not hurt her, but it did surprise her. She went back to it, giving one more right-hand punch and sending it back more or less the same distance before nodding at it, and turn to give Cole a slight grin. “This thing is heavy as hell!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]    -- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]   Empty

Back to top Go down

-- float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ★ [lorielle]
Page 1 of 1