Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
After Work (Grimm) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
After Work (Grimm) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
After Work (Grimm) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
After Work (Grimm) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
After Work (Grimm) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
After Work (Grimm) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
After Work (Grimm) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
After Work (Grimm) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
After Work (Grimm) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

After Work (Grimm)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 2:05 pm

It had been a long few days as everything and everyone did their best to get themselves back together and running more or less. For now, the bar was closed though the entrance to the area was still open for anyone wanting to drift in; however, Tequila didn't expect anymore visitors, most turned in for now or just ordering stuff to take to their rooms for the night. So with no one to entertain, the young man would work quietly in the low light setting quietly moving about to retrieve any glasses or clean up any messes left behind by customers. Even Lokita, his black wolf was helping out by pushing chairs back in or retrieving items from the floor. Had to keep the place neat and tidy for the next round after all. He supposed after this he would just do what most called "resting" though for him he probably would still be doing something. Sleep after all was a foreign concept to this bot.

In any case once, the bar was in order he would lock the place up for the time being as he drifted from work to down the corridors. He would stay quiet his steps surprisingly soft for something that was not made of flesh and bone. The only sounds following him were the tap, tap, tap of his wolf's claws against the floors. He would head to his room, but before getting there he would find a quiet place in the corridor where a large window looking out into space resided. Going to the window, he would sit down on the sill and after a moment, stretch one leg out across it as the other leg curled and became a rest for his hand. His vision was turned to the darkness of space for the time being as Lokita laid down on the floor underneath the sill for now. Both them out of the way of any passing by for now.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 8:19 pm

Most of the others were probably out of commission at that point of the day, or at least presumably so, and being largely inhuman was largely both a curse and a blessing in regards to that. Sleeping wasn't really on Grimm's mind at the moment, even though he could by all means pretend to go do that, but he was more bored than anything else at that moment, finding himself silently wandering the corridors as he thought about the situation they all landed themselves in.

Frankly, it was all a little unsettling. He wasn't in a big rush to try to run 'home', but he also had no idea what to do on this ship. He was very much a stranger to them, even if he wasn't as weird as the guys that had somehow ported in from the past, and it was easy to simply feel out of place here. Sure, he could lounge about more now, but he also felt a lot more restless when he had no clear purpose for being around. There was only so much meaning in existing and thinking about everything.

Well, he hadn't expected to come across someone however, so his musing would be interrupted upon the sight of one of the people he had met with before...staring out of a window? There wasn't a lot to look at out here in space, was there? He'd pause a couple feet away, as he gave the guy a contemplative glance.

"Are you out here staring at nothing?"
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 pm

He would watch the darkness beyond the window quietly, his body kind of relaxing as it decided it wanted to do its own form of shutting down. He could tell from his systems exactly where this was headed, but there was no sign of his core signing off yet, so there was that. He'd probably end up resting here since he wouldn't be able to move until the part of his system that controlled his body rebooted again. The likeliness of someone carrying him to bed? Well, there were the little Waddle Dees, but honestly he didn't want to bother them with that. Besides, this wasn't a bad place to have a shutdown. It was a quiet out of the way part of the corridor with a nice view that he could toss his thoughts at. He'd probably shut down his main system for a bit too in a while. For now though he would stay online letting his thoughts wander as it mulled over the recent events and other things. It was a process he was currently performing when another came down the corridor.

Lokita would hear the footsteps and look up with a low growl escaping her more to alert her master than any form of threat. However, the blue haired male wouldn't turn until the other actually stopped and spoke to him. It was something he honestly didn't expect. Turning his head so he could see the guy with his good eye, he would give the other a slight smile.

"The darkness is a good canvas for releasing thoughts upon,"
he would say as he let his leg that he had propped up lower to become level with the other as he got comfortable in his spot for the time being. He would tilt his head at the other. "So Mr. G, what has you wandering about at this time? Can't sleep?" he would ask his tones soft and mellow in comparison to his upbeat and high energy from the first time they met.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 9:17 pm

"The darkness will never respond back." The golden-eyed man would throw back, his tone calm and leveled as his gaze briefly flickered towards the window in question. There was nothing to see out there, so did it really make a difference as to whether one's thoughts went one way or another? They didn't even need to leave the mind, if they weren't about to be spoken aloud at all. When his new companion's question came, Grimm would sigh faintly, casting a half-frown at the nearby wall. "You could put it that way. I also have nothing to do." He somehow doubted that even if he could sleep like a normal person, that wouldn't solve his dilemma anyway. He didn't doubt that with these recent developments, there would be matters to address and deal with next day still, but that didn't mean his free time was being well spent like this.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Tequila would give a soft snort at that one as an easy smile came to his face. "Well that's alright. Sometimes you just need a space to toss thoughts at to clear the mind out. An answer is always sought." Especially when it is something more personal or you didn't want to share out loud, but couldn't keep in your head or force yourself to express it artistically. Anyway, the machine would tilt his head at the respond given.

"You're brand new here and you already don't have anything to do?" He'd chuckle softly, amused at that one. "If I were you I'd be trying to get know my surroundings from top to bottom. I would offer to give you a full tour, but that might have wait until my body reboots again. However, if you have questions or just want hang out for a bit, I wouldn't mind the company." At least he wasn't chasing the other away. Meanwhile Lokita would just yawn and lay her head on her paws again.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Grimm would tilt his head slightly. "Is...there a difference. If you don't say it out loud, it's not truly getting out of your head or mind? It sounds the same to me as simply thinking about it normally." You couldn't physically grab thoughts, pull them out of your head and throw them out into the space, so were they even out at all without having been said or put on paper in any way? That said, he would shrug lightly when questioned about his lack of things to do. "Not in a typical sense. I've never been a sightseer. It's just a ship. I don't care much beyond knowing what area is where and what it's for. After that, it's not truly my problem unless something gives me a reason to go deeper." It was not his cup of tea, frankly. He'd get the important basics, and that was that. It was no longer too interesting then. Not without something making it more useful for him. "I meant something more meaningful to do, not just wandering around like some lost spirit. I tire of that fast." It was not entertaining after the first couple hours, and he was already generous there.

He'd shift to lean against the nearby wall, turning his head to the side to look at the other. "So...I'll guess you're not human?" Outside of the strange phrasing used with 'rebooting', the guy also proved that he was much more durable and all that during the battle earlier, so it was a safe assumption to say that this one was not frail like a typical human would be.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 8:53 pm

His lips would curl slightly with amusement. “Well yes, they are still stored in the head since it is not actual writing or art they are being formed into, but even if the universe doesn’t always answer me back I know something out there is listening, so the process becomes cathartic in its own way and helps me bring order to the chaos that my mind can be at times. So no, the process isn’t quite the same as mulling it over alone. At least for me it is not.” It was a hard concept to explain considering a lot of it relied on believing in higher beings like he did. Still he wasn’t lying when he said it was not similar to keeping it locked inside the mind only. Anyway…

He’d raise his eyebrows at the next set of words. “I see you’re a straight forward sort of guy and not the explorer type. We are quite opposites there. I love data of all sort even if at the time it is not useful to me. In any case, your ways makes it that more challenging to keep you entertained I see,” he would say his tone and behavior remaining laid back as he gave the other a playful smirk before blinking slowly like a cat and tilting his head. “Hmmm. Well what is meaningful to you?” he would ask curious, but also seeming to want to help the other with his issue of boredom and aimless wandering.

“Heh. I see you are observant as hell too. I like that,” Tequila would begin quite amused as a hand unconsciously went over his arm to an area that had to get repaired later when he was able to move again. That over charged mode and his already “tired” state was currently taking its toll fully now that he had nothing to do, so there wasn't much he could do about damages yet. “Though to answer your question. No I am not. I am an ASSW unit and you? What exactly are you?” he would ask as he watched the other with a curious yet casual gaze. After all, he did take note of the odd comment he had given "Princess" when she spoke about food and also how well he took the blast when it had come. That was definitely not human qualities according to his records.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 pm

No, he still didn't quite understand. Grimm would frown a little. "Unless you're implying that you're projecting your thoughts telepathically, or that we have mind readers here, I don't think it is possible to listen to something that has no sound. If the thoughts are only bouncing about inside your mind, no one can actually hear them. It doesn't really make a lot of sense unless you can explain to me how silence can be listened to and somehow perfectly understood. And even if, how would you know someone is doing that when there's no one to respond back to you either." To him it sounded like a matter of convincing yourself that something was true whether it actually was or wasn't. When you make no sound, no one can listen to you, so it genuinely didn't make sense. Even if someone on the ship could read minds, nobody seemed to be around right now at all. Besides, were that the case, wouldn't the guy have just said so?

"I don't find it that exciting. I used to live on a spaceship too. It may not have been the exact same as this one, but I'm hardly awed by this like some kid would be. Or perhaps those human kids that came from the past. They've got reasons to be excited about exploring. I don't so much. It's useful to know the layout of this place, but I don't think most of what I can find here is that new and different from what I already know." The data that one sought for things beyond simple usefulness had to then at least be interesting or provide some fun to the person. This didn't accomplish either of those for him at the moment. None of what he saw so far managed to surprise him so much that it'd pique his interest enough to want to explore it further. He'd look towards the window. "Something that I could see the results of, and preferably a more engaging activity I can focus on. Walking around only succeeds to get me more absentminded than normal, and I tire of being in a daydreaming state after a while. I like to have some solid task to occupy myself with. I am a newcomer here however, so I have no job or anything to do around here." Thus he was already a bit bored. Sure, the fighting had been a dose of action, but this was different than that. He felt like he had way more free time on his hands than he knew what to do with.

Oh was he now? Grimm would actually give a low chuckle at that, somewhat amused now. "I'd call it common sense and a little bit of deductive thinking. You're not like the humans, in enough ways to make one think about it." He did watch people enough to catch onto that much. As for the answer, he'd furrow his brows lightly as he turned his gaze to observe the guy. "In all honesty, I don't particularly favor that name. Makes it sound like that's all we are. Just some weapons for people to utilize. It's annoying when people, especially humans, see you as just a more intelligent tool for them to use. Like we're just improved tech systems at their disposal." The ability to do that gave them a little more power than they deserved at times, in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) EmptySat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Lokita would give a soft sigh as she shifted to lay on her side and rest that way as she just listened to the two bots speak seeming fine enough with Grimm there since he wasn’t a threat. Tequila, on the other hand, would give a small chuckle to Grimm. “Hmm. Well let me see if I can answer that. On a broader note, there is always something listening to you in its own way. Whether it is called God, the universe or something else those beings do exist even if it cannot be proven with physical proof. While I do believe in hard work and luck to a degree, I do not believe some miracles that happen are created from pure luck or chance. I believe there is something at work there beyond us. Fight me all you want on topic, but that won’t change for me. On a more smaller and specific note, there are mind readers here that I leave my thoughts open to.. though most most that I know or met cannot see them. However, I tell you they are there. Spirits is what the older term is, but I’d say they are more like life forms with more knowledge than us. They can hear my thoughts and if they choose to engage can speak to me and interact. They can do the same to others if they are open enough. Though I digress. The point is my thoughts in that fashion are not going to oblivion because the universe and the others are there listening,” he would say his eye looking around the area as if searching for something. “They are just not wanting to show me where exactly they are today, but that is just how it goes sometimes,” he would say returning his gaze to Grimm. He knew that most of the time when he told people of this, they thought he was crazy. In fact, he wouldn’t be surprised if the other did decide to argue such a thing with him. It would be nothing new and he’d deal with it in the end.

“Ah. I can see that taking the fun out of it. For myself, I didn’t start on a ship so it was certainly fun to explore when I first got here and it still is considering there is probably much I do not know about this old gal or many of the residents here even if I have been on this ship for a while. Then again, I love data and can easily amuse myself looking for it whether or not the data is useful or not in the moment. As for those human kids and others from a different time, I am not sure if this is exciting or frightening for them. Most of them just seem a bit startled or surprised at things. I suppose that is the natural response in the end.” It was hard to say with some of them to be honest. “Speaking of them. What do think about them?” he would ask before becoming silent and giving the other a moment to answer.

Wherever that went though, he would find himself humming at the answer given about what the other found amusing. “Mmm. Well, I am pretty sure with time you can find such activities to do. If you want a job well, I do have a bar I run if you want to help out there or you could ask Cap’ or the folks here if they have something for you to do. If you specialize in something you could probably make a job out of that too you know? As for something engaging,” he’d pause a playful smirk on his face. “Aren’t I engaging enough for you?” he’d tease his smirk making it hard to tell just how serious he was about the matter. If anything what could be seen was that this bot did enjoy teasing folks in his own way for better or worse was yet to be seen. Anywho…

To that chuckle and response, the bot would give a small snort. “Oh. Is that what is?” he’d poke easily enough before becoming a bit more serious at the next part. “It is an unfortunate label and certainly makes us seem like nothing, but weapons even if it is not true. However, I am not sure which is worse saying that or that I am machine or what have you. So I find myself just neutral towards the term unless I know for a fact, I should not be throwing it around so lightly and in turn need a different label. As for humans…well thinking me as a weapon is indeed annoying and disappointing. Especially when they are the type that would start hell simply because of said label.”

His tone was calm, but a brief moment of darkness filled his eye as he looked at some spot pass Grimm. Humans….he really didn’t have love for them naturally and the ones he did care for proved their trustworthiness to him. Still…that did not stop a lot of what they did from disappointing, annoying, or outright infurating him at times. Anyway, he’d pull himself out of his thought, the dark look fading and becoming soft again as he refocused on Grimm. “What do you see as a fitting label for us, hm?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

After Work (Grimm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Work (Grimm)   After Work (Grimm) Empty

Back to top Go down

After Work (Grimm)
Page 1 of 1