Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Empty
PostSubject: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 11:40 pm

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] 1sf78w

Lamecia Mansion :: Night

It was getting dark and Lisa was returning home from work. This special project she had been assigned had her constantly out, and it had been some time since she was able to settle and take a breath. She was happy though, considering more responsibility was falling before her, and her Mother had seemed to acknowledge how she was getting stronger than before. The young Princess wasn't sure if it were do to her new position that her nights were becoming alot more restless and sleep was becoming a losing battle. Tossing and turning while seeing things she couldn't possibly recall: It made her feel as if her head had been placed on backwards from time to time. It must have been the stress.

Before she had noticed, the young woman was standing before the large doors to the household. Staying on campus for the past weeks, it had been almost a month that since she had been home. Her Mother rarely left the household, unless business called, so it was usually up to her children to handle any issue within the city. It was not as if Lisa believed her Mother to be lazy or lacking in power, but more so she had to have been rather focused on... something. The young Princess remembered long nights when her Mother stayed away in the study and seemingly talked to herself for hours. Lisa thought nothing of it, but how the city had began to change these weeks she felt as if there may have been a connection.

Slapping her cheeks, the young woman snapped herself out of the thought. How dare she question her mother, or her business? She was lucky enough to be taken under the Woman's wing since that terrible incident those many years ago.

Without further hesitation, Lisa entered the household to be greeted by one of the loyal servants who also tended the Masque of Red. They bowed respectfully, and took her belongings that surely weighed her down. Not once did they ever question her, nor treat her with disrespect. They treated her as well as her siblings and she was thankful for this. In some cases, she even felt they were borderline worshiping her to some extent.

"I-I'm back. Sorry for coming home so late... Work was-." The Silver haired Servant waved his hand, and simply walked off almost like he were a zombie following orders from a puppet-master. Lisa watched before hearing another set of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Well, if it isn't my little sister who doesn't text or call anymore." The soft voice of Serenity could be heard as she smiled down from the steps. It had been some time since the sisters had seen each other properly, and it didn't take long for them to share a hug once meeting at the steps.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] QrF3UQB

"I heard you were promoted to Class One. To think the girl who could barely hold a sword right five years ago would now be one of the heroes protecting the city. I'm proud of you." The Princess smiled and Lisa blushed as she looked to the side as if searching for the proper words to reply. "Well, dinner is soon so be sure to change and get washed up first, Sis. I have some clothes out on your bed. I think you're going to look so cute in them. You know I used to help Mom choose her outfits when I was younger, so I think I'm pretty skilled." The beautiful young woman nicked her nose with her finger while giving a playful grin. Lisa giggled and began to make her ascension upon the staircase.

"Oh I'm sure it'll look great. But I also have a memory of my big Sister going through a rather.. dark and emo phase those early years too. Is that why Mother prefers black these days?" Her comment was snarky and caused both of the two to laugh as Lisa made her exit from the scene. And with her young sister gone, Serenity made her way into the large lobby-like area. There was a glass chandelier hanging above that would cast sparkles of light throughout the room. The soft spin made it appear as if the shadows were dancing for her, and she couldn't divert her keen eyes away... Well, until she sensed a presence towards the hall.

Julius could be seen leaning against the wall, staying partially in the dark while his vibrant blue coat would catch the light. His eyes were closed, and he was in deep thought, however; he was fully away of his sister's presence.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Tumblr_nyulbhM9a61ruv2mwo2_400

"Serenity... Has Mother ever told us details.. I mean real details of what happened those five years ago. About the Woman that caused all of this chaos? Do you think she'd lie about it to her own children?" This was a question seemingly out of nowhere for the Princess which caused her to reel her head in shock. Before she could answer, the Prince continued. "I spoke with that Clown. The story he spoke of, and the woman that's the cause of these recent events. I some times question what our Mother's relation is to her. Something doesn't feel right."

"What are you saying, Julius? Are you really questioning our Mother over some lunatic behind bars? You remember how this city was! We fought hard for five years to bring these people back from that madness, don't forget that!" Serenity was obviously upset with what he was implying about Mother. She was always the Momma's Girl, some would say. Hell, most of her beauty came straight from the Queen almost to the point of looking like a duplicate. "Mother is trying her best to reclaim some sort of order in the city, and she needs our help. Please don't tell me you're second guessing her now of all times, Julius."

Julius didn't say a word as he opened his eyes and looked towards his upset Sister. Walking into the light, he'd move to her side and flick her forehead with a smile. "Nevermind that, I'm just losing sleep over work. Maybe a nice visit to the Maid Cafe would perk me back up again." The young man smiled as Serenity rubbed her forehead and looked at him with a worried expression.

"Mother will be able to rest easy. The Cadets are proving to be rather powerful, and a good asset to the City. I've even invited a young woman to join us tonight. She shows a potential I haven't seen in some time. Mother has displayed some interest in seeing her growth." Julius spoke with an even tone as he removed his cellphone from his pocket and examined the screen. "I haven't seen her this interested in someone since Lisa... Perhaps she will adopt Ms. Tsurinai aswell. Another Sister..." He mumbled the final words before lowering his phone and looking towards the Princess.

"Speaking of Lisa... Her growth is alittle alarming at this rate." The Prince lowered his voice as he pinched his chin. "Mother is sending her on some missions that's outside the scope of our usual work. She implored me to raise her rank to Class One, when I feel as if her mind wasn't ready. However, I think her own potential as a Persona User is blossoming. She may not recognize it herself, but her Persona is evolving battle by battle."

"Well isn't that a good thing?" Serenity asked while tilting her head in slight confusion. "She is using the Persona gifted by Mother's blood so it shouldn't be a problem, right? They're controlled enough to avoid another Eternal Divide."

Julius shook his head at his sister's question. "I don't think you understand... It is not Power that is evolving. I think Lisa holds another Persona within her we have yet to see, nor does she notice herself. I could sense it anytime during her moments of emotional stress. Furthermore... don't you find it strange she, of all children, would be the one taken in by Mother?" These were his final words before hearing the footsteps at the staircase. It would appear their sister had finished her shower, and perhaps even changed. It would be better to save the conversation for later. Especially since they were now expecting a guest to arrive anytime now.

Last edited by Philodai on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Turning Music Off Here)
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 12:30 am

Shiina could have sworn she had sent that text to Cecilia instead, but the brief embarrassment of responding to the Prince's invitation with just a couple of emojis was quickly overtaken by the excitement of actually having dinner with royalty...

During her early teenage years as a Tsurinai, Shiina was seldom allowed to sit with the rest of the family during their meals, not because of their scrutiny but because her own mother forbid her from it. It was a mystery why for a long time, but with maturity came an understanding of her reasoning. Humiliation. The greatest form of shame a Tsurinai could face was the inability to produce an heir, and Soki had recently regretfully told her that before the Divide her mother was often the target of the family's ridicule due to it. Sparing the young Shiina from seeing the insults slung at her parents was a kind of mercy.

Nevertheless, the current contrast was obvious enough. Finding her own recognition, crafting her position from nothing, it was something she could look forward to. This was her reward for her efforts, she hoped.

After all, the world changed to suit her, right?

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] SappeI1

//"Seems like I'm a little early... I hope His Highness doesn't mind."//

The Wild Card dismounted her motorcycle and left her helmet strapped to its back, then took the time to fix her outfit. She had given it an afternoon's worth of thought, but eventually settled on an efficient but elegant androgynous suit. It was smooth and well-fitting, custom made for such an occasion but its purpose otherwise was something else. It allowed her to move freely, as she stretched her limbs out near where she parked so she wouldn't have to do so near the Royal Family. The Tsurinai then adjusted her tie, tucked neatly into a velvety black vest over a stainless white dress shirt.

The last thing to take care of was her watch-- the Lunar Dial. She allowed it to fall freely from her sleeve and detached its chain from the bracelet hidden above her wrist, then carefully slipped the thing inside her slacks' pocket so as to leave the chain hanging out enough that she could retrieve it easily. As she began to walk towards the entrance to the building, it made a very light jingle.

Then, it was time. As Shiina approached the doors, she took a deep breath. Was she nervous? Well, of course. Why wouldn't she be? Despite her willpower, Shiina was still human, she admired these people, respected them, idolized them even... so she steeled her mind, and knocked.

//"Hello? I hope I'm not late."// She called out gingerly to whoever might hear her nearby.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Lisa wasn't the type to wear dresses. Unlike her Sister and Mother, she felt as if she didn't belong in such outfits when she hardly felt like a princess herself. When the young Lamecia made her return back to the first floor, her purple eyes would glance towards the door where a certain guest had arrived. She was not expecting someone this night, especially for the family dinner. It was more than surprising to see her classmate entering the household. Lisa's face burned abit red, not out of anger but out of embarrassment that someone other than her own family would see her dressed in such a way.

Meanwhile, Jale would be bowing his head and taking any extra garments that Shiina wished to be tended too. He seemed to be staring at Shiina rather closely, and for a split second it appeared as if he were to say a few words before suddenly stopping in his tracks. The pale child simply bowed once more and exited the scene to leave Lisa with her fellow classmate. The Princess hadn't seen Shiina in some time, due to her being put on a special assignment away from the rest of her class. There was a slight relief to see she was doing well, even though Lisa saw her as a rival, aswell as the rest of her class. How did it usually go? You can't be beaten by anyone except me? That seemed to be the mentality she held when it came to her fellow cadets.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] YBqjKkR

"Shiina Tsurinai... What brings you here this night? May not be the best time for a visit." Lisa spoke with a soft tone, but meant no disrespect. After all, she was still on some thin ice with her older brother. He was not happy with her promotion, she knew that. But Mother had acknowledged her, and her word was law. But she knew he'd ridicule her at any change he'd get if he saw her acting out of line. "If you came here to proclaim me as the stronger between us.. Well, I'll take it with full grace." The Lamecia teased while raising a few fingers to her bottom lip. To be honest, the Lamecia did miss her fellow classmates. With all playfulness aside, the Princess gave a heartfelt smile. "How have you and the others been? Still doing the average, boring missions? No secret assignments?"

As Lisa began her conversation with the Wild Card, the Prince and Princess would save their conversation for later while moving to join the two in the front lounge. They stayed near the door, not looking to interrupt, but were interested in the interaction between the two. Julius had opened up a world of wonder to Serenity. She was curious why this young woman was invited this night aswell. Mother showing interest in someone other than her own was very surprising. It reminded her of those years ago when she had first met her younger Sister. Mother had never let outsiders within her bosom before, but when it came to Lisa she immediately took the child under her wing. Why was that? Was it the hidden potential they held that caused Mother to court them to her agenda? The young woman looked to her elder brother, and Julius only looked towards the two with a keen gaze. Suddenly he'd leave the doorway and join them with a smile.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] UjDgEEe
"Ms. Tsurinai, welcome. I apologize for inviting you so suddenly, but it appears the Queen wanted to speak with you personally tonight. She must be impressed with your growth and latent potential. Perhaps she sees a bright future for you as an ally of this family." The Prince spoke in a friendly tone as he looked upon the Wild Card. Regardless of reasoning, she was the guest and they were the hosts. If it were anyone else, he'd expect them to fumble when it came to such a proper dinner, however Shiina's background seemed to me more grandiose than the next. She would most likely feel right at home here. There was one thing that was off, however: That being the pure look of surprise from Lisa. She couldn't comprehend why Mother would ever want to meet one of her classmates. What was the meaning of this?

"I have to apologize. The dinner hasn't begun as of yet, as you can see. My Mother may be running late. How was your ride in? Hopefully the directions were clear enough... Telling from your response to the invitation, I suppose you were.. rather confused on the invitation to begin with?" The Prince made the remark while looking at the cadet with a raised brow.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 pm

...this place had some strange servants. For a moment, the silver hair reminded her of the motif most of her own maids and butlers wore as solidarity to her cousin, but this young man's attitude just... made her uncomfortable. She'd try not to show it, and simply thanked him for his service as he left. Though, naturally, there wasn't much time to think of that as the first person she met with was... um.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] GxvuIzM

//"..."//

Shiina was stunned for a moment as she just let Lisa speak her lines for the most part. It shouldn't have been very surprising to see her inside here but... well, something about it caught her off guard nonetheless. Maybe it was just because she wasn't used to seeing the other Cadet in formal clothing. Or maybe it was because she really liked that dress and wanted to wear it too... nonetheless, Shiina cleared her throat and put on a smile.

//"...you look lovely, Lisa."// She nodded briefly to reassure herself. //"Things have slowed down for now, I think. After our last mission, I think we've thrown their organization somewhat in disarray... I hope so, anyway. Most of us are using this brief period to get stronger, though."// Shiina was mostly stuck doing research and organizing information, though... which was lighter work and allowed her to spend her time more freely, but it was still somewhat frustrating not to be out in the field. There simply wasn't enough time for everything in one day.

Though, her train of thought had to stop abruptly as Julius joined them in the hall; and of course, instantly her heart skipped a beat. Had he been listening to them? That might have been bad, right? W-well, what was done was done anyway, and she retained her cool by convincing herself that she hadn't said anything out of line.

//"O-oh, yes, good evening, Your Highness..."// The Wild Card bowed her head lightly as a respectful greeting. //"Don't worry, though, it wasn't an inconvenience! I'm, um, actually quite honored that you'd invite me, yes."// Though of course, her hidden shame was addressed quickly and efficiently, as expected of the Prince...

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] DCtDdW8

//"恥ずかしい... I-I only really saw it was from you after I had already responded... my apologies."//
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

"..Keh!?" The younger Princess was taken back by the compliment in regards to her wardrobe. She had almost forgotten and yet Shiina had to bring her attention back to the dress so soon. Lisa's eyes darted to their corners almost immediately in protest. The mention of getting stronger did spark some interest in the Lamecia. Maybe it was from her Persona being the embodiment of Power itself, or her own will to grow stronger, but the Princess was alittle more than interested to hear there was time for growth in strength. Thinking back to that first week being a cadet and then to now, alot had happened in the city in such a short amount of time. She could tell she was getting stronger, even if she was still seen as headstrong. Little did the Princess know that she still had a long way to go. Fortitude was one thing, but acknowledging the weakness of the mind was another. Lisa took her new position with pride, and it let her hide the insecurities that she had held when compared to her fellow cadets. But hearing that Shiina was invited to the mansion by the Queen, her Mother, made the young woman suck her teeth in both a fit of surprise and jealousy. No matter what she did, she seemed to need to work harder for the same acknowledgement. What was the deal?

"Think nothing of it, Ms. Tsurinai. You're our guest this night and I'm glad you were able to attend." The Prince spoke with a soft tone as he joined the two. Julius rarely spent time with any of the cadets in his free time, so this was a new experience for him. Perhaps a team bonding exercise over a meal? Well, he would have liked for it to be such a thing, but he knew tonight he'd have to play his hand and question his Mother. Even being her son, it was a rare occurrence for Julius to see her. They lived in the same household, yet she only requested the audience of her Royal Guard unless she specifically needed something from him. The Prince always chalked it up to what happened those five years ago. When the night of the Eternal Divide occurred, it felt as if she had changed herself. Where she usually smothered her children with affection, she now seemed to treat them as assets. Maybe it was because of the pain that night caused. She was forced to step into a role the world needed but didn't ask for. He followed suit and did the same, aswell as his younger Sister. Julius had never questioned his Mother's motive or ideals, and the city ran peacefully under her watch. However, even his ears could not turn deaf to the rumors that plagued the current District Heads. Even then, he still believed himself to be on the side of the righteous. They were the only defense between the Psyche Terrorists that murdered the weak, and the civilians who lived in bliss knowing nothing of them to a certain degree. And with the recent activity within the city, it was only normal Mother would change... Yet, she stilled remained so stoic. Was this because she had full trust that the cadets would see things through? Or was it something else? Julius quickly snapped from his train of thought, almost forgetting his guest was standing here before him.

"Ms. Tsurinai I can't recall if you've ever told me about your family. Come, I'll show you to the dining room, and on the way how about you tell me alittle of your upbringing. You'll have to excuse me, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to families outside of Endymion, but I recall meeting with a young woman months ago that had the same surname." The Prince turned to lead the way towards two large double doors. "I believe she hailed from a place called Ueitawa. Can you tell me more of this place?"

Lisa would watch, waiting for Shiina to follow, while silently pouting to herself. This gave Serenity ample time to come to her side and silently tap her cheek with a quizzical expression. She had seen this young woman a few times before. They had actually met, yet never had much of an interaction before tonight. Telling by how Julius spoke with her, she must have had a strong impression with her Brother, meaning she couldn't have been a bad person at all.

"So that's your classmate? Don't get so worked up, Lisa. She seems like a good friend." The older Princess remarked before following behind the two, thus prompting Lisa to join aswell.

----------

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] UraZVlg

The Dining Room was large to say the least. A long oak table stretched for more than several feet with numerous dark chairs that lined the sides. At the head of the table was a larger chair, which was presumably where the Queen sat. The table held various silverware wrapped neatly in a crimson cloth, almost reminiscent of a five star restaurant. To the far end of the table was two sets of doors with one leading to a small pathway towards the kitchen. The smell of food filled the air, which caused the stomach of the youngest Princess to rumble. Serenity laughed at her sibling before taking a step forward towards Julius and the young Guest. She wouldn't speak as of yet, allowing her guest to continue her conversation with Julius as to not interrupt.

SQs:
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 5:37 pm

As usual, the Prince's cool demeanor was effective at dispelling Shiina's worries. Of course, he alone wouldn't be able to get rid of the deeper worries her unconscious self bore about tonight, but the effort was nevertheless appreciated. As the seconds passed, Shiina's very stance subtly shifted into a more relaxed pose, while her smile became the slightest bit more natural. It was certainly strange, Prince Julius had been a hero of hers for a number of years now, so logically his mere presence should fill her with nervous excitement... yet, here they were now. Sharing in a friendly conversation, speaking on equal terms as far as she could tell, he was actually recognizing her.

It was all she could ever ask of him.

Nonetheless, it was only a few moments after that she could notice Princess Serenity's presence in the room as well. Like with Julius, Shiina bowed her head to greet her as respectfully as she could.

//"Oh, Princess Serenity, good evening to you as well!"// It was a short greeting, but all things considered, out of the three siblings she was the one Shiina had interacted the least with by far. She didn't know yet how the Princess behaved, how she liked being treated, how formally she should speak to her. Nevertheless, the Wild Card hoped that she would have the chance to find an answer to all of these throughout the night... but right now, the Prince had asked her about a specific topic. A hard one to talk about at that, but there was something there she could latch onto.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] OsWCu9z

//"Ueitawa... that's the town where my cousin met his wife. He took me on a trip there when I was still a child, but I don't really remember much aside from it being a really quiet mountain town. Speaking as a member of the family, I don't think it holds much interest in the supernatural sense but... Naito was always very protective of it. He never told me why he went there in the first place, though."//

Her cousin's daughters were usually a part of the small group Shiina had interacted with when she was younger. Though they were younger than herself, Naito had always encouraged them to treat Shiina as something of a sister. Rinne, the eldest of the two, was only a couple years younger than Shiina so the two got along about as perfectly as they could. But Faith, though still closer to her than most anyone else in the family cared to be, took more after her mother than her father. While Rinne and Shiina both distinguished themselves as more tomboyish earlier in life, Faith had always been the most girly person they knew. Eventually the Wild Card took after her habits as well, as she began taking greater care of her appearance with the guidance of someone she very much considered a dear younger sister. Rinne, on the other hand, was always more than ready to be her sparring partner. A prodigy rivaling if not surpassing her father in potential, that's who Rinne Tsurinai was and likely still continued to be to this day...

As Shiina spoke of her cousin and her mind wandered off to his daughters, it was as if her eyes lit up with hope. Despite her status as an outsider, she still managed to make connections with people, however brief their interactions had to be to prevent them from getting into trouble. She missed them. Though Setai would never outright say it, and she wouldn't admit it to herself, Shiina knew deep inside that her presence in Endymion was nothing more than a convenient way to banish her from the family's business. A convenient way to greatly reduce her ability to speak with her 'sisters', his daughters and granddaughters.

//"...ah, this is a beautiful dining room."// She cut off those thoughts as the four of them entered the dining area. With how grandiose it was, you'd think they would be serving dozens of people tonight... //"I'm sorry I can't tell you more, Your Highness. Despite my name, I'm not quite up to par with the Tsurinai Family's business in Japan. As hard as it is to say, I haven't been made a proper Officer either, so that shouldn't be too surprising. Even if I do have the same training as one..."// Shiina scratched her cheek and slowly released a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 pm

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] UraZVlg

Julius didn't receive much information on Ueitawa from the young woman. That was a shame but he did learn a name of interest at least. This Cadet was still quite a mystery to him. Her mannerisms seemed to have some class yet to be desired, but one could tell she came from a prestigious family. Perhaps it would be beneficial to do business with this land, but it'd be best to send out some feelers before responding to that of Ueitawa's offer. Using Shiina in the negotiations would be a smart move, but first he believed Mother wished to entangle the island nation to the south first. She had even planned for some diplomatic visits in the near future, which surprised the Prince considering how isolated Endymion had been up to this point.

"Oh, so polite! Good evening to you, Ms. Tsurinai. I believe we've met before, though each being very brief." The Princess had chimed into the conversation with a soft voice and beautiful smile. One could tell she was one who made sure to always look her best, no matter the occasion or time of day. One would say she was the opposite of Lisa, who favored the tom boy appearance while she looked as well as the title of Princess described her. And even though she looked as if she were the type to have a fit over a broken nail, she had dedicated her life to science and engineering. The majority of tech being used by the government was crafted in her very lab, from her very own blue prints. Though this wasn't knowledge shared so openly, and took alittle digging to find the origin of many weapons' birth.

"I've always wanted to visit Japan. This may be of a surprise, but our Mother has abit of origin in the "Land of the Rising Sun". It's why she was sure to have Little Tokyo modeled within the city. She even had a nickname.." The Princess pondered to herself as she tilted her head and closed her eyes in thought. It had been years since she heard the name, so it escaped her for the moment. "Regardless, it was a surprise to learn that my brother awakened to a Persona from Japanese lore. I've always wished to study why someone's Persona may take a shape of a being that seemingly holds no importance to them." And just like that the clock in her head began ticking, and she was thinking of her next project. Though this was whenever she had the time. Depending on Shiina's own intelligence, perhaps there would be an open opportunity for an internship at some time. Of course this would be an offer given only if the dinner proceeded well enough.

As the conversation continued, Jale made his appearance within the dining room. His head was bowed, and he spoke in a silent whisper.

"The Queen has arrived. Please take your seats, she will be joining us soon enough. I will arrange for the spread to be placed upon the table. Thank you." The Doll spoke before backing out of the room as silently as he arrived. He was rather eerie but the siblings had become familiar with his 'inner workings' one would say. Without further notice, they moved to the table to take a seat. Julius sat on the side closest to the door with an open seat to his left. Serenity made her way to the seat across the table from him, leaving an open seat to her right. Lisa, on the other hand, waited for Shiina to take a seat first.

"You first, Shiina. Be my guest." The young Princess spoke while placing her hands upon her hips. Perhaps she was curious who her classmate preferred between her siblings. Or maybe she was just that determined to sit across from her. Regardless, Lisa would wait for her rival to take a seat before sitting at the seat located directly across from her.

Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 am

Engaging in proper conversation with Princess Serenity for the first time felt somehow relieving. With how cheerful she was, it was hard for Shiina not to smile back just through exposure, but it was also a little exciting overall.

//"Nippo... u-um, Japan is a very beautiful country, more so when you're actually experiencing it directly. The Tsurinai Family has plenty of vacant summer houses if you'd ever wish to spend a holiday there."// She doubted even Setai would refuse a request to host a Princess of Endymion in one of his houses, even if Shiina was the one to put it forward... //"Ah yes, if I'm not mistaken it's called Tsukuyomi, right? The God of the Moon... I feel as if that's actually quite fitting of His Highness, personally."// The other Magus Persona she held within herself also bore this name, with an appearance identical to the Prince's own Persona... she had pondered the significance of this for a while now but hadn't quite reached a satisfactory theory for why it was the case.

But it seemed their speaking time was at an end currently, as the butler's words caused Shiina's heartbeat to speed up considerably. The anticipation was... debilitating, almost. The Wild Card blinked for a few seconds, a shaky smile on her face as she just processed what the other white-haired person was saying.

Until, of course, Lisa's words snapped her out of it.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] UtF3iRJ

//"H-huh..?! O-oh, um, yes, of course. Thank you very much."//

It wouldn't do to ponder the choice for too long. To Shiina it was less about who she preferred and more about who she would rather observe closer tonight. Mannerisms, small behaviors, in-dinner interactions, they may all change depending on who she chose right? Well, if she was aiming to be closer to all of them, then there was one person she had barely started with at all.

Shiina cleared her throat, then walked around the table to sit next to Serenity.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Jale bowed to his Queen as she made her descent from the staircase. Her dark robes would glide upon the soft, red carpet that guided one to its bank. Her lips curled into a smile at the young attendant, and she'd place a hand upon his head while walking pass and towards the dining room. Jale's usual indifferent expression almost seemed to alter by her touch, but this was relinquished the moment she had removed her touch and continued forward.

The large wooden doors moved of their own accord as she made her way into the dining room. The aura of the room seemed to change at her very presence. The lights dimmed, and in their place would be candles suddenly bursting to light upon the dining room walls. The Shadows danced as her dark laced lips would curl into a seductive smile. In unison, the siblings would stand and bow in greeting to their Mother. It was strange to see kin react in such a way, even if it were towards their Parent. But this simply showed not even her own children was above tradition, or their current status. When the Queen, the savior of Endymion, appeared within a room you made sure to acknowledge her presence.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Vlt4lmO

"Welcome home, my Children. It's been far too long since we've all had dinner with one another. Please, take a seat." Her voice was sweet like honey, but there was an inkling of poison beneath her tongue. Something about the woman seemed dangerous, even when giving a loving smile to her offspring. The siblings followed her instruction without a word, save for Julius, and she simply smiled as she made her way to her seat. It seemed the Queen had purposely saved her greeting to Shiina. She had, of course, noticed the young cadet within the room. After all, she was the one who invited the woman to partake in the event with herself, and her family.

"Welcome home, Mother. I'm happy you were able to free some time and spend it with us. Is the Royal Guard not joining us this night?" As she moved to her seat, Julius had already made his way to pull the chair out for her. Isla placed a soft hand on her son's cheek as a "Thank You" before taking her seat.

"She will not be joining us this evening. I gave her the night off so we may all talk amongst ourselves. Though, Cadet, I'm sure you're rather confused on why I've asked you to join us." The Queen had suddenly addressed Shiina without warning. Her keen gaze fell upon the cadet, and if she did not have the courage (lvl 4) to look the woman in the eye, she'd find herself finding any way of avoiding eye contact. Regardless of what action Shiina had decided to take, the woman placed a finger against her lip and continued to speak with her mesmerizing voice. "Prince Julius has told me of your potential. The ability to harness the different facets of yourself and bring them to heel. Fascinating... It must be difficult to train yourself, considering not many also share such a gift, no?"

The Queen was peering at the Cadet, making sure to take in all accounts of body language within her answer. She seemed quite interested in the response, and who could blame her? This Cadet had awakened to such a power with just a small drop of her blood. Isla had not seen this potential in action within the past five years, save for one other. Even her own Children by blood, though powerful, came short to attaining the potential of the Wild Card.

By this time Julius had taken his seat and listened closely to the conversation. He was going to wait to interrupt, but the young man had let his voice be heard sooner than he would have expected on a normal night.

"Mother, this power of the Wild Card. In the documents found within the library, I read that the Eternal Divide was caused by such power. A woman who lost control of her power, and opened this world to the demons that plague it today." The Prince spoke with a concenred tone as he focused his gaze upon the Queen. Isla's eyes shifted from Shiina and moved to her son. Her smile remained the same while she shifted back in her seat and continued to listen. "Isn't Ms. Tsurinai a potential danger to our city with this power? If she were to lose control, wouldn't this cause another Eternal Divide? ...I'm curious where your interests lie with her."

Julius had used Shiina to open a door to questioning. It was nothing personal against the Cadet, he knew she was in full control of her power but he was going to use her to an ends this night. Without her, getting to this line of questioning with his Mother would go nowhere. Serenity looked to Julius with a raised brow, not exactly approving of where he was going with this questioning. Lisa, on the other hand, was visually upset that her classmate was getting so much attention to begin with. Who cared if you could use multiple Personas? That just meant you were so weak you needed to change yourself to get a win in her book. What was the big deal?

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Tumblr_o5gcapEMIB1vpr53qo1_500

"Prince Julius..." The Queen smiled as the flames flickered and the Shadows danced upon her frame. "The Eternal Divide was a catastrophe because the hands that power came from was corrupt and deranged. But with your guidance, do you believe this young woman to be the second coming of that fiend? Would you say you failed in guiding her as her commanding officer?" The Queen's words were like a dagger from the cloak. Though she was openly praising that his guidance would keep her from that path, she was also stabbing him in the gut by saying if she were to fall, he would be the disappointment. The Prince could notice the underlining meaning of her words, and he slowly closed his eyes in reprieve. After all, she was right. Shiina was his responsibility at the end of the day. And though he could not see himself raising his blade against his comrade, he knew if she did follow the footsteps of the one before her he'd have to play the role of stopping her.

"Understood, Mother... I apologize."

"I'm sure that's nothing to worry about anyway, Brother." Serenity chimed in to the conversation while turning to look at Shiina. "She's well behaved and a great asset to the team, right? I can tell how much respect you have for. Actually, doesn't she remind you of Mother before all this craziness? And Mother is showing interest in Ms. Tsurinai, it must be in good reason. Maybe as a counter measure for the crazies. They're getting bold and we're running out of luck." Serenity spoke of the Jesters that had been running amok in the bowels of the city. They were getting out of hand and more aggressive day by day. It was obvious they were planning their next move, and they needed to be prepared for whatever that was.

"What, those weaklings? I beat one by myself, they're nothing!" The youngest sibling had finally spoken up as she crossed her arms upon her chest. Isla smiled as she folded one leg over another in her chair. Her eyes had now found their way to Lisa, and the mere mention of her child's feat seemed to please the woman. This would be something the Queen would come back to in some time, but she was not done with her initial questioning of their guest as of yet. The conversation was already bouncing off each other, and the food hadn't even been set yet. To focus things, Isla would tap her finger upon the table that would cause the room to settle down just abit.

"Tell me, Cadet; you've met with those causing this so called "craziness". What do you think of them? Would you find their behavior to be something that needs to be tamed by any means necessary?" She asked in a very interested tone, even if the question in itself was vague. It was obvious the Queen was attempting to charter the conversation towards a certain course depending on the answer. The siblings watched in silence, though the one giving the most attention would be Julius.

QAS:

1. Yes, the Terrorists should be dealt with using any means necessary.

2. No, I believe dealing with them while having a strict code of honor is a better way of handling it. [Not any means necessary]

Last edited by Philodai on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Turning Music Off Here)
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 am

As the conversations, Shiina was ready to feel her heart burst out of her chest. The anticipation, the anxiety, the sheer nervousness coursing through her, threatening to cloud her judgment...

...it was all replaced when she entered the room.

The shifts in the room's atmosphere weren't lost on the Tsurinai Wild Card, who immediately felt her anxiety shifting into the purest dread one could feel. Dangerous. This woman was dangerous. No matter who it was to, that was the feeling she got from it. An overwhelming supernatural presence that tore through reality itself as if it was nothing, superimposing some sort of domain onto it to suit her abilities. That was her first and most likely theory. After all, if Terrorists had the power to create them, why wouldn't the most powerful woman in the city?

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] A4sqkoT

//"..."//

But she got up and repeated the bow she had seen the siblings perform. Her face was more serious this time, alert, her intent was to observe and analyze all she could to craft her reactions appropriately. Following cues, waiting to be addressed, biding her time to give a proper answer. The intensity of the pressure she felt was surely higher than being face to face with the Head of her family...

//"...I wouldn't say so. Though I can use multiple Personas, the first one I awakened to still grows in the same manner as any other Cadet's. The others grow as I destroy the Demons and masks of the Terrorists plaguing this city."// Shiina stated in a matter-of-fact way. She had gotten the chance to recognize how she grew-- the shards of power each entity held within themselves, she would steal and consume them to grow her own power. As she spoke, the Wild Card folded her arms over each other and closed her eyes in an attempt to concentrate, shut off the terrors swarming around her for a brief moment, before opening them up again to focus on how the royal siblings were reacting.

//"..."// Clenched teeth, almost crushing them against each other. That was the kind of frustration Shiina felt at the moment. She knew what had occurred during the Eternal Divide, she had told Julius about her reoccurring dreams and... the presence of another one like her within the city. Nonetheless, she respected him and his worries, she wasn't... hurt by what he said. Was she? That didn't matter right now. The way he was treated following his question only served to fuel this feeling inside her. This kind of Danger... it was one she had to stand up to just as she did the Nameless Guard that night.

//"I can only give you the same answer I gave your Royal Guard, Your Majesty. Class Zero was built on top of mercy and rehabilitation. I'll defend those ideals to the bitter end if I need to, but I will never betray the oath I swore to Prince Julius the day I awakened to Jinguu-Tennou."// The allegiance she swore, her drive to defend the city. If her judgment decided that wasn't enough, then... she would come to a decision when it became necessary. //"I'm not sure if that answer is to your liking or not, but it's the only one I have."//
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 pm

"I see." The Queen responded to the first answer supplied from the young Cadet. "That is because that Persona is closest to your true self. The first form your spirit had taken, and the one that will always be with you. Though I find it quite interesting that your growth is tied to the destruction of demons and Terrorists. But also very convenient." Isla would speak with some intrigue as a black, veiled finger would slowly pace her lips. The Queen seemed rather educated on the subject, which could be because the library did hold some information pertaining to the power of the Wild Card. After all, Shiina was not the first and surely not the last that would hold such potential. What did seem to take the Queen off guard was the way in which the power grew. Through violence against those that looked to topple the order that currently held the city together. Very intriguing.

"It appears that Ms. Tsurinai may not be the only one who holds this power, Mother. Cadet, would you like to elaborate on that... specifically." Julius made sure to chime in 'specifically' not wishing for Shiina to reveal too much information or details to the stories she had told him. After all, that was information he was going to need to pry more information out of his Mother, and if that ball left his court then there would be little way to be more offensive in the discussion. But the mere mention of another having the potential caused the Queen's eyes to narrow. It was hard to tell what was on her mind, but she didn't seem all too surprised of hearing this information. In actuality, it was almost as if she were expecting it to some degree.

The conversation had many branches, but the Queen felt it was important to take in Shiina's answer to her more thought provoking question. And the answer she received was the safest answer the young woman could give. Isla sat back in her chair and placed an elbow upon the arm rest. Leaning against her propped up arm, she'd give a thin smile. This girl was taking after Julius. She held honor, and it reminded her of the past. But soon she'd learn that being a Wild Card meant there was sacrifice aswell. Would she be able to uphold such morals when faced with an impossible decision that involved the lives of countless others? That night so many people died for a reason. That was the least amount of deaths possible compared to the countless that would have come if she didn't take control of the situation. Sometimes sacrifices needed to be made to keep the Shadows at bay: To bathe in the light. The Queen only hoped Shiina would learn that lesson before her coming trials.

Julius, on the other hand, was pleased with Shiina's answer. It was surely one that would raise their bond even closer than it was currently. And where he saw her as just another cadet before, he could see she was a comrade that held similar beliefs as himself. Giving a smirk, he'd cross his arms and close his eyes with approval.

"Lisa." Isla's attention turned to her youngest daughter, and in response the girl would suddenly sit straight. "You have been growing stronger, I am proud. Surely living up to your name, however; you still have some ways until you catch up to your siblings." The Queen was rather matter of fact to the young woman, and you could see in Lisa's expression that she was happy, yet still frustrated in her own abilities. Being adopted into the family, she felt as if she did not have much going for her. Where Serenity was gifted with beauty and brains, Julius with leadership and strength; she found herself lacking both. She had made mistakes that endangered her team. Her first mission she had failed... And even in victory, she was spoken down too. No matter what she did, she was on the losing side. Seeing her brother praise Shiina more than herself, and apparently having meetings together.... This frustrated her to no end.

"Yes, Mother. I promise to keep improving." Was her response. A hand grasped her chest, pulling at the fabric, as she clenched her teeth beneath her lips. Isla watched this reaction from her daughter and simply... smiled.

"I had Julius put you on that special assignment because I felt you were ready. I'll be expecting favorable results from you." The Queen had not only caused her daughter some emotional turmoil, but put another load on her back. In other words, she was saying to not fail. Isla was a loving Mother, but she was harsh. Her children knew this all too well. And where Julius and Serenity were born with natural talent, Lisa thus bore the most pressure in terms of keeping up with them. Serenity knew this, and Julius did aswell.

"Lisa's potential is astounding aswell, Mother. I think both of these cadets would be very beneficial to my research if you'd allow me to borrow some of their time. Ms. Tsurinai being the Wild Card could unlock even more secrets to empower our forces, and Lisa's fast growth could perhaps help create a training regimen for new cadets to catch up with our current forces." The Princess chimed in immediately when seeing the reaction her younger sister had taken from their Mother's heavy words. Lisa looked up to Serenity with a surprised expression before biting her lip and looking towards her Mother. It would appear even Julius would come in to support his youngest sibling.

"I was initially against Lisa's promotion, but even I cannot deny that she brought in favorable results. I agree with Serenity, and with our current roster I believe we can take some afternoons and nights to have Ms. Tsurinai and Lisa accompany Serenity for some special experiments. As long as I receive them back in one piece." The Prince spoke with a prideful tone, even teasing towards the end as he looked towards his younger sister. Serenity shot him a glare that only a sister could before all looked towards the Queen.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] 2hr1j4g

There was silence from the Queen as her eyes looked to those before her. Well, until a giggle escaped her dark lips and a smile came upon her pale face. "Very well, I approve. But, Serenity, let's not forget of your upcoming business trip." The Queen focused her attention to her daughter who seemed to know exactly what she was speaking of. "We've been keeping Domiona waiting for too long. And you know how that Man gets when he's left waiting."

"Yes, Mother..." The Princess crossed her arms and actually seemed to make a childish expression of annoyance. "Can't Julius go instead? Father prefers him more than me. Can't you send me to Azores for the diplomatic visit? We are still going through that process, right?" The Princess attempted to bargain with her Mother, but saw a raised hand come from the Queen to stop her words short. This wasn't a conversation for now, and Serenity understood that. Biting her tongue, she'd simply sit in her seat and accept her Mother's word.

Isla's attention turned back towards Shiina who was seemingly being dragged through their family bickering at various times. Leaning forward, upon the table, the woman would rest her chin upon her propped up hands. "You know, Ms Tsurinai, I could get used to you sitting there during our family dinners more often. Why not leave the Tsurinai Group and become one of mine? Wouldn't you prefer the surname Lamecia instead?"

Such a sudden question from the Queen. And where Julius and Serenity expected this, Lisa stood out of her seat in open surprise. "W-What!? Mother you can't be serious!"

QAS

1. Accept the offer to join the Lamecia Family

2. Decline
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm

The first form her spirit had taken... When Shiina first awakened to her Persona, Jinguu-Tennou behaved like a savage beast, lashing out at anyone she considered an enemy. An impulsive behavior that caused her to discredit others, blind her eyes to their contributions, caused her to act like a rage-filled animal hellbent on destroying whatever contributed to her anger. Yes, the taming of her own heart had led the Persona into gradually growing more cooperative, insightful. The first form her power had taken had surely grown throughout her time as a Cadet.

//"Right..."// But of course, there was another like her in the city. She grew in order to defeat him some day. Defeat her successor... Rei's successor. //"The power of the Wild Card isn't unique to me alone, as I'm under the impression that there is a Terrorist somewhere in Endymion who holds it as well... I don't know their identity, otherwise I'd have immediately pursued them myself, but I'm confident they exist and that their intent is to undo all the work Your Majesty has done by saving the city."// That was all she had to say about the specific topic. Julius had ordered her in the past to not divulge any information about the dreams she had to anyone else, and given she trusted him far more than the Queen, that would be the judgment Shiina would take when revealing this small piece of the puzzle.

Nevertheless, it seemed the conversation had moved onto Lisa's accolades. Though Shiina didn't keep a constant eye on the Princess herself, they had worked together fairly recently and the Wild Card was pleasantly surprised at how cooperative she had grown over the past few months.

//"If I may add something..."// She interjected when it was convenient. //"...during our latest mission together, I was actually quite impressed with Lisa's prowess. She was certainly invaluable during the fight against the Terrorist himself, but what stood out to me was her level of teamwork with Cadet Woodsworth and their cooperation with the rest of the team. Though Lisa has caused some issues in the past, I can say for certain she has improved for the better... and, I'd personally like to take responsibility for causing some of her first mistakes myself. If it weren't for my own failure as a teammate during our first mission together, she wouldn't have been punished as harshly either."// Shiina had a habit of never forgetting her own mistakes, but she also had enough insight to recognize when someone had improved. Lisa had become far stronger than she was at first, not only through raw power but also through her own ideals as a Cadet... It was something Shiina admired, in a way.

So, she listened intently to the rest of the conversation. The fact that she had managed to get something like that off her chest was a fairly big relief, given she hadn't paid as much attention to Lisa as she otherwise should have for a while now. Building trust was a part of being a proper partner, after all, and the first step towards that was being honest...

...which is why she was honestly taken aback by what followed.

//"U-um... w... WHAT?!"// A question that tore through the Wild Card's facade of composure as easily as a dagger through a sheet of paper. Shiina's outburst filled the room as she visibly recoiled and her eyes widened at the prospect... Unexpected. Way too unexpected. Way too dangerous. //"I-I... that is... um--!"// It had thrown her mind into disarray as a mix of emotions fluttered through her mind. Surprise, sure, but also for a moment happiness, joy, relief... The knowledge that her efforts had been recognized and accepted, that her own power had led her to this result! It was almost too good for words, as Shiina just sat there for a solid minute just fidgeting with what she could say while her lips shifted between a flattered smile and a worried pout. Though, as the reality of everything began to set in, Shiina had to think of what this would mean for her moving forward.

Being known as a Lamecia, actual Royalty in the city, to be treated like a Hero just as she wanted... It was the culmination of all her hard work, her reward for enduring the discrimination at the hands of her Family, a way to toss Setai's decision right back in his face for not accepting her at first... Actual proof that she had surpassed the limits imposed on her, that it wasn't just a stroke of luck that she had been adopted into the... Tsurinai Family.

And so her smile vanished.

Her parents loved her, they did everything to protect her from her mother's siblings, even if it wasn't much. Her 'sisters', as it were, who treated her as an equal when few others even dared acknowledge her presence. Soki, who had taught her all she wanted to know about academics, science and technology when her teachers would willingly neglect her education. Miki, who saw past blood and status to recognize Shiina as her own person. Rinne, her sparring partner throughout her entire life, who she had honed her skills with so they could reach the top together. Faith, who had always treated her like an older sister and willingly spent her time to perfect Shiina's appearance to everyone else...

...and Naito, more like a brother to her than anyone else, who had given her this opportunity in the first place, who had trained her personally, who had spoken on her behalf to his father at his own risk. None of them had to show her that kindness. Even if for each one of them there were five others who treated her with disdain and malice, even if her hatred for Setai outweighed her own desires...

//"I would love to, Your Majesty..."// she trailed off for a second...

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] OBJHJf9

//"...however, I must refuse."//

She would never betray the kindness and love they showed her.

//"While I will readily admit my relationship with the Tsurinai Group isn't the best, or could even be considered good in any sense of the word..."// The Wild Card balled her hand into a fist, then rested it on her chest. //"...there are still people there I consider family. They protected me as best they could, gave me shelter, education, love... Even if my uncle saw me as less than trash, that doesn't devalue the efforts these people put in to make my childhood the best it could be. I love them more than anything in this world, so I can't simply abandon them."//

She steeled her heart, and did her best to look at the Queen directly as she spoke next.

//"Your Majesty, I am eternally grateful for what you did to save this city, and for the opportunity you gave me to become one of your own. The respect I hold for you is immeasurable, but that's all it is: respect."// The Wild Card took a deep breath. //"I apologize, Your Majesty, but I don't hold love for you as I do for them. I'll serve you as your most faithful of Cadets, but I can't become your child if it means abandoning those who care so much for me."//

Last edited by Philodai on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Turned Off Music So It Wouldn't Conflict)
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 2:54 am

The Queen listened to the story of another Wild Card. Dark fingers would pace her lips as she didn't seem all too surprised about this news of another with such power. One would think the Queen would be worried about another who had the potential to topple the peace she had brought upon the city. After all, she saw how powerful Shiina was becoming, so her adversary could be just as strong, if not stronger. The fear of another Eternal Divide was well known in the city, and this mysterious terrorist was possibly the key for such fears to come to past.

"Of course there is another with your potential." The Woman spoke with a 'matter-of-fact' sort of tone. She leaned back in her chair, folding one leg over the other, while looking upon Shiina with an indifferent expression. Her children seemed surprised, not only at the response but the fact their Mother knew about this threat. This was news to Serenity and news to Lisa. And where Serenity was curious about the power of the Wild Card and why it chose more than one, Lisa was more worried about someone out there who could abuse such power against her family.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] B9CSLNN

"Wait, Mother what do you mean? You knew about this already? Isn't that something you should be sharing with us if you want us to be able to contain the current situation in our city!?" The young Prince raised his voice, causing Isla to close her eyes with a faint smile. He was frustrated to think his Mother was withholding such information from him for all this time. Did she not trust him? Did he not trust her? The Royal Prince was more than confused why his Mother would act in secrecy and keep so much close to chest. What else was she hiding? How much did she know?

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] 0d02b796f11b792fcc9679c95bdc9283

"There will always be two Wild Cards. One chosen by Philemon and the other chosen by Nyarlathotep. This balance has always been upheld through countless generations, and countless worlds." The woman crossed her arms beneath her breasts, tapping a finger against her forearm. She was very knowledgeable, but who wouldn't be with such a lush library open for the Cadets to use at anytime. The Queen did her research on all things that pertained to her and that did not. "However, the woman that caused the Eternal Divide broke that cycle. Her power stemmed from that of Filth, and with her twisted mind corrupting such power; something else was born. And even though her mortal shell fell that night, something that evil and deranged lives on in others."

The room was abnormally quiet as the Queen spoke of the events five years ago. Even Julius did not know all the information his Mother would have. After all, he was busy helping innocent civilians escape a mad demonic child with Serenity that night. He had been separated from her that entire day. Lisa, on the other hand, felt as if the heart in her chest was ready to burst. She couldn't remember that night so long ago, but for some reason just listening to the story gave her dread. The young woman heard the stories, and saw the damage; but even now she still had such a reaction when thinking of that night. Where would she be if her Mother had not taken her under wing?

"Darling, five years ago this city was very different. Only until the last few years have we had any real semblance of sanity. That woman succeeded in her plan after she fell. She used the Terminal to influence the minds of those within the city, causing their egos to run amok. Only a select few were spared from her influence. Myself, and my Children, being within those few." Isla spoke with a low tone as she raised a finger to move a strand of hair from her brow. The Queen rarely spoke of the past, but for some reason this night was making her feel a heavy sense of nostalgia. If Shiina was the next Wild Card, she'd have to shoulder the same responsibility the previous Wild Card had. Except this time, she'd have the guidance to be prepared.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] FlimsyGregariousDesertpupfish-small

"It's true, Cadet. Three of the last five years were dedicated to reclaiming this city from that Woman's madness. I'm sure you've had some suspicions about this before." Julius spoke up, now reclaiming his composure and sitting back in his seat. He crossed his arms over chest before taking a short breath to continue. "The pale faced woman from the Spa and those laughing goons that have been plaguing us recently. They all resemble what the entire populace was once like. To be honest, we were fighting a losing battle for some time. Well, until Mother performed the miracle. She provided an abundance of Clarity to undo what that monster had done. And on the eve of that day, with a rising new sun, the spell she placed on the city took shape.  There was structure, and those three years of chaos were erased from the history books, and from the minds of those directly affected. We wanted to bury any after effects or memories of that woman, and we did... Until recently."

Until recently was obviously pointing towards that of Infinite Jest. This group somehow survived the purge the Queen brought about the city, and also had the ability to undo her spell. A power Julius believed only one person could have: Rei. Did that monster truly die that night? Records would tell that she was buried along with the Terminal. Could she truly live on through her twisted power alone?

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Tumblr_o5gcapEMIB1vpr53qo1_500

"I will tell you this, Cadet. It is inevitable that you will come across your adversary, and the resulting clash will claim a stake in things to come." The Queen spoke without tone, as if almost robotic and inhuman. "Do not fail me. Leaving this world in the hands of the chaotic will only bring ruin. Use that opportunity to bring about a clean future, and finish the miracle I started those years ago. This time we will cleanse this World of the unclean that have been touched by her corruption. Even if we must sacrifice something dear."

Queen Isla would give a smile towards the Cadet. With this said, the conversation on Rei and her successor, would come to a close. The woman would deliberately make sure conversation of the past was kept in the past for now. Perhaps it was for herself, or for Lisa who had lost her voice in the exchange.

-------

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Tenor

The young Princess was taken back by praise from Shiina. Where an average person would have been rather happy from the praise, Lisa felt as if it were pity. This isn't what she wanted from her rival. She didn't care about her acknowledgement, she only wanted to prove to her Mother that she was better. That she was worth pulling out the rubble left from the Eternal Divide. Why couldn't she have been the Wild Card...? She clutched her chest and sat in her chair with clenched teeth.

Isla's keen hues watched Lisa with interest before turning to look back towards Shiina. She noticed the delay from the question to the answer. So many thoughts were running through the Cadet's mind that caused the Queen to show a smile. Such contemplation was good. It meant this young woman thought before she acted. Something she knew one of her daughter's currently lacked. And when it came time for Shiina to finally give her answer, Isla would simply listen without a word. There was not a look of disappoint or distaste. No, in all honesty she just wished to hear the answer and the reasoning behind the decision. Regardless of that decision, her fate was already tied with everyone at that table; even if she did not know it as of yet.

Such dedication to her family, even when treated wrongly. Isla didn't hate it. Infact, it was the answer she preferred. The harsh aura that kept the Cadet from looking her in the eye seemed to vanish for a split second, and she'd see a softer gaze looking back upon her.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] HTvF3Jz

"I respect you, Shiina Tsurinai. Your answer was perfection."

Lisa listened to Shiina's story, and the parallel between her own. The Princess closed her eyes as she sunk in her chair so slightly. Shiina had the opportunity to leave such a family and join her own, where her siblings praised her and Mother seemingly adored her. Yet, she did not. Why? What was Shiina's goal in the end? Lisa couldn't understand her classmate... Not one bit. But if anything, this made her feel childish in some ways. Shiina was not attempting to replace her, was she? No... But then why did Lisa feel so upset? What was she angry about? All these feelings were coming to a boiling point, and she didn't know what to do.

Isla spoke once again, moving the conversation forward:

"Any questions before we begin to dine? The night is no longer young, and I'm sure you all are getting hungry."

Qualities:
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Naturally, the news were worrisome, but not totally surprising. It was obvious, after all. Every conflict needed its balance, every God its opposite, every established Law its underlying Chaos. That the Queen herself knew this was no big impact to Shiina; not that she had fully expected it, but it's not like she hadn't either.

//"I suppose knowledge of the supernatural is never too valuable a resource these days..."// She silently thanked her upbringing for preparing her in understanding what Isla meant. The Gods roaming the Sea of the Unconscious, guardian entities created by the whole of humanity yet opposing each other in beautiful symmetry. Much like humans themselves, united at all times yet adversaries just the same. Nevertheless, despite everything Shiina knew about the other Wild Card, she decided to stay quiet for the time being. His relation to Rei, how he carried her will, his wish to bring down the Order set on this City. No, it was her duty to deal with that, no-one else's.

//"So, the majority of the time after the Eternal Divide up until now has been a lie..."// The Tsurinai crossed her arms with a pensive look. //"...as it should be."// Humanity was always meant to improve for the better, growing past their mistakes with time. Though Shiina believed in remembering one's mistakes, she understood the reason why that would never fly for the vast majority of the citizens. To them it wouldn't just be a mistake to bury and leave behind, it would be chaos to cling to, a new part of their identity that they had to use to stand out above others. The common person craved to use anything they could for that, after all...

...but maybe that was true for her as well. This power of hers, it ended up turning into something she clung to. Desperately, she had made it her own out of a desire to stand above others, so what difference was there now? No, that wasn't up to her to decide. Her duty was clear, and despite everything she felt there was a clarity in her mind as the Queen reported to Shiina her true purpose in this unfolding plot.

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Wc7QhF8

//"I understand, Your Majesty."//

A clean future... her future. Her world. To the Wild Card, those were the words she was waiting to hear all this time. Her power was one that could change the world to suit her desires, if she could just achieve that superiority herself. Ultimately, that was her goal. Protecting the city, serving the Queen, fighting against the Terrorists, they were all required steps in achieving what she truly desired. After all, The World changed to fit her, right?

She was sure her choice was the right one. Upholding her own ideals, making the power her own, forging her own path in life. Those decisions were hers, so ultimately they were the ones that had to prevail.

//"Th-thank you... Your Majesty."// There was little else to say about the subject. No matter how flustered she became, the fact that the Queen accepted her answer only proved to her that her mindset was right. Though, naturally, the brief eye contact followed by such an intense reply did cause Shiina's cheeks to flare up to a light red.

This woman was dangerous, but...

//"Ah right, I have one..."// Shiina had almost forgotten this was supposed to be a formal dinner. She cleared her throat and sat herself properly on her chair. //"...may I ask what we're having for dinner?"// Of course, she didn't have many dietary exclusions herself, and her code of etiquette demanded she put them aside anyway... but Shiina was still curious what the meal was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm

The Queen smiled in response to the young woman's question. She had the opportunity to delve deeper into the the inner workings of Endymion, but she had chosen to leave things how it were. Isla raised a hand and snapped her fingers. As if on cue, the smell of food filled the nose as a team of her own personal chefs made their way into the room.

There was luck that the table was so large, considering the spread they had considered. Isla did not know much of Shiina, save for her potential. She could assume from the surname that she had a Japanese background, and thus this feast took its origin from her home land. It was interesting to see Americans attempt to recreate such dishes, but the Queen had met expectations. They were not the best simply in title, but also in skill. The list of dishes ranged from sashimi, chinmi, nimono, and even agemono. A true overkill of pallets but they weren't entirely sure on what their guest's dietary restrictions were.

As the Queen took Shiina's attention during the spread, Julius would look towards Lisa who had fallen silent. The young Prince understood his Sister's dilemma. Seeking validation for the sake of others was a burden that could cause anyone to become so troubled with themselves and others. Though Julius could not relate, as his entire life he had always been more than the situation at hand. There was never a moment where he felt he was not strong, or smart enough to handle whatever came his way. This entire time he had been letting her get by with her own potential. She was strong. As someone without royal blood, or the power of the wild card, she was stronger than she could have imagined. Julius knew she had potential that she had not tapped into. Potential that only showed itself when she was under stress. Perhaps with abit of concentration, she'd be able to remove whatever mental block that was halting her growth as not only a cadet, but a person aswell.

This was something he'd need to handle later. It would appear dinner was starting, and there were more pressing matters to handle at the moment. There was information he needed to pass to Shiina, and also Serenity, by the time the night ended. Something he couldn't share with his Mother, or Lisa, incase the young woman would attempt to use the information to further her status. She had already endangered herself once, charging head first alone into combat without a plan. That luck would only last so long.

If there were no further interruptions, the Dinner would finally begin...

OoC:

Last edited by Philemon on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]   A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lamecia Dinner [Plot :: Shiina]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next