Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. Empty
PostSubject: Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time.   Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:29 am

Dr.Mysterio

"You do realize that I'm *cough* the smartest entity ever right?..."

The Biography

Birth Name: Jarico Rangolad
Aliases:Dr.Mysterio (he legaly changed his first name to Dr. and his last name to Mysterio at the age of 12)
Birth Day: Irrelevant
Arcana: Moon
Place of Residence: Colony of Parangelia  

Full Time Job:Head Researcher of Shadow Studdies

Appearance:  Dr. stands about 6'10'' (tall aint he) with a lanky and almost sickly build. His dyed grey hair drops to just above his eyes and comes to several points. All along his body he has stitches signifying where he has attempted to preform surgery on himself... more often then not cus he was bored. He wears the labcoat his poor old dead dad gave him as a christmass present back when he was 5, in order to keep wearing it however he has cut and stitched to together with  new coats.

FC:

Personality: Dr.Mysterio is the smartest man alive... Or so he thinks. Well actually, he might not be so far off. Mysterio is known for his intelligence and lack of tact about that fact. He believes that gaining knowledge should be someone's one and only goal in life and any other pursuits are worthless in comparison. Because of this he's often seen as a little rude to people who he believes aren't intelligent. He's slow to impress and even slower to convince, after all... If what you had to say was intelligent he would have already figured it out. The only person who's intellect he believes to be even remotely comparable to his own is that of his Toaster... he got board one night and decided to give his toaster an AI capable of sentient thought... Nothen off bout that.

Though there is one draw back to his vast knowledge... he's kinda unhinged. He'll devote days of solid work to a project only to deem it boring and toss it aside (this is where he got said AI Toster). His attention span is short and his knowledge is vast. He also makes a mean Quesadilla.  

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: I'd say my mind is like a supercomputer... But I wouldn't be caught dead in the same class as those imbeciles.
Description: Dr.Mysterio is arguably the greatest scientific mind alive. Left alone with some dirt and a twig, he'll have a working internal combustion engine for ya in a matter of minutes. Gameplay wise this means he can create tools and devices with little to no prep time or resources, hack most networks (The only encryption he was unable to break was his own after taking an amnesiac to forget how he set it up) and solve the morning crossword in two minutes flat. (note, he can not create his weapons without access to a lab)

Strength Name: I am the Greatest Mind of a Generation!
Description: Mysterio's mind is like a steel trap, and no I don't mean the time he tried to replace his mind with a steel trap to test the validity of idioms. This gives him a 20% chance to doge a mental status ailment once it hits.

Strength Name: I have a key card! That and I designed those locks...
Description: Due to his high position Mysterio has access to most Government buildings and executive washrooms.

Strength Name: Sub dermal Carbon Fiber mesh and Synthetic Muscle Fiber Replacement! My own design.
Description:  Mysterio has modified his own body countless times. This has given him a nearly superhuman strength and toughness.

Strength Name: You do realize I'm a genius right...
Description: Mysterio is by far one of the greatest minds of history. His immense intellect allows him to run almost any machinery  after spending only moments with it, and solve many problems with little effort.

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: A challenge you say?
Description: Mysterio loves a good challenge. If he feels it will challenge his mind he'll drop just about anything to try and figure it out.

Weakness Name: I invented this thing called a cigarette... Don't try em... They are HIGHLY addictive.
Description: Due to his smoking habits, Mysterio's lungs are not that great, Due to this every 4th turn in combat he has a 1 in 5 chance of doppleing over in a coughing fit and losing his turn.

Weakness Name: What did you just call me?
Description: The one thing Mysterio can't stand is someone insulting his intelligence. Go to far and he'll flat out attack you. If he is taunted in combat he will be forced to target the person who taunted him for his next attack, friend or foe.

Weakness Name: Bored Easly
Description: Mysterio has very little patients for anything he finds dull and boring, to the point where he will leave a dungeon if he feels it's not challenging him. If in the first three rounds within a dungeon no enemies are encountered or no events take place he will lose interest and attempt to leave. He can be convinced to stay but it is very difficult.

Weakness Name: Loyalty to the what now?
Description: Mysterio dose have some loyalty to the crown but in all honesty... To him they just pay his bills. It can be hard for people to trust him, making it harder to make rank 1 SL with him.

Shadow Battery:

Shadow Battery Name: Tesla
Shadow Battery Description: Tesla is about three feet tall with a constant crackling sound fallowing him where ever he goes (Look in picture to see what he looks like)
Shadow Battery Image: ]:
Tesla:
Shadow Battery Attack Type: Pierce
Shadow Battery Element:

The Background

History:Dr.Mysterio was born the son of a dirt poor farm worker and his dirt poor wife. They lived on their dirt poor farm farming their dirt poor crops to sell to other dirt poor farmers... This was, understandably, very frustrating for the young Mysterio, who from a very young age knew for a fact that he was smarter then his parents, the people who were by definition supposed to be smarter then him. By the age of three Mysterio had low tech magic harvesting device that he used to speed the growth of his families crops by several hundred fold. From there he used the families new found wealth, of which his father only thought they had half as much as they did, to buy out every farm in the neighboring.... everywhere. And thus Rangolad Inc. became the most lucrative agricultural corporation in the world... From start to finish the project was a fun way for Mysterio to kill three weeks.

From there his genius only grew. From automobiles to theoretical physics, by the age of 25 Mysterio had, by his calculations, absorbed about 75% of the scientific knowledge in the known universe. Needless to say the Maidens were very interested in him. Thus his tenure as the lead scientist of shadow research began. Very recently he made a breakthrough... Did you know you could pull shadows out of people and turn them into weapons?... He's been toying with a way to stop the process halfway through. The preliminary tests show promise and have given rise to a new field of magic all together... Though Mysterio forgot to name this grand discovery and refused to let anyone else do so. In honor of this and to stick it back to Mysterio, these new beings are commonly referred to as...

Forgotten.

Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time.   Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time. EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down

Dr.Mysterio (Side plot character for Rita's plot) Final.... I mean it this time.
Page 1 of 1