Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread]   Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:47 am

“…you want me to do what, again?”
It was, indisputably, the worst when this stuff happened. Sometimes, it would slip out to people that he – or maybe one of his friends, you know, share the misfortune amongst all of them - was able to talk to spirits. See them, say hello, ask them about their day. Sometimes, the people that found out were of a similar culture to that of Charnel, leading to some very interesting conversations about the nature of their relationship to the dead and the way that the ethereal had come to be a part of their daily lives while they lived there.

“I need to talk with my father! You’re a medium! I just want to hear from him once more!”
And then, there were these people, who thought he was one of those goddamn cheap hucksters that made their cash on grieving families and broken dreams. He’d never heard of a séance before he’d come to Junction, and at the moment, he wished he never had. The one pleading with him now was some sort of equine-featured centipede, and he had no idea whether or not it was male or female…or hell, if they even had genders like that, knowing some of Junction’s species. It was calling the guy father, but the way the translation here worked, all he could be sure of was that this was some sort of parental figure.
Irvine narrows his eyes. “Look, I don’t know what you expect from me, but I’m pretty sure you’re not getting it. I’m not a miracle worker, I don’t call down people from heaven, and I really don’t like playing with the hopes of people that just want to see those they care about again. I can’t let you hear them, and I don’t even know if they’re still around.”

The…person, sputters, a pleading look in its compound eyes. “I…look, they were the only one who knew where a family heirloom was. I don’t want to bug you about this, but it’s important. We live and die by our ancestry. We...wouldn’t be able to endure the shame if it was not found.” Innumerable hooved legs ripple in waves as they tap against the ground nervously, the anxious as a horse-bug can be. “I just need you to try. Please. That’s all I’m asking for.”

He wanted to say no. He’d done it enough. Had to, really, to preserve his integrity. But this was something he might be able to do, and he couldn't find it in him to refuse.
Not while being someone he'd want to be.
“…what do they look like, what am I looking for, and what do you believe happens when you die?”
They gape for a moment, before passing forward a photo with an overjoyed whinny. “This! This is him! He had our Earthing Blade. You see…”

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

They…weren’t kidding when they said they lived and died by it.
So, apparently, back home dying of old age was a grave sin, and if that happened, you would be doomed to wither and rot in the afterlife.
The afterlife. Such a weird idea. Going to someplace else when you died, rather than hanging around. It was so strange to get used to, but they had to have them, otherwise this place wouldn’t be so lacking in spirits.
This was the exact opposite of a ghost town…and he should know, he’d been to actual ghost towns, rather than the abandoned excuses for rundown crapholes they called ghost towns here.
Getting off topic. So, rather than die like that, they ritually disembowelled themselves when their time was approaching, using an earthenware blade that got passed down to generation to generation. By dying that way, they could join the planet anew, ready to be reborn.
It was a weird version of the reincarnation thing that so many folks seemed to put their faith in, but he was hardly about to judge. Kind of interesting.
So now he was down in the residences of the Middle Ward to talk to a bug’s dead dad, in order to make sure that they wouldn’t suffer for eternity.

Looking around at some of his own host he’d brought with him, he gestures for them to go on with the plan he was actually banking on working, and turns his attention back to Ala’kh Beir, as they were apparently called. “Alright. We’re here. So run me through this. Not seeing anything now, so show me your pop’s old haunts.”
Chittering sounds mark the urgency of the horsipede.  “Of course, of course! This way!”
It started with what was essentially the grand tour of his home, hearing that “This was their favourite chair,” or “They sat by the window here,” and “I used to play Marakti with them on this board. I never could beat them…”
It felt like this person just wanted to invite someone else into his life, to show him what used to be. For all it was important to their traditions he find this blade…in some ways, him just being here for them to gush about their past was far more important to them than that ever was.
So he took an interest in a dead bug’s life, and Beir was all too happy to share.

He’d gone on the full tour when he finally had to sigh and shake his head. “…I’m sorry, man. I haven’t seen your dad here anywhere.”
“I…I see.” He’d never seen something with compound eyes cry, yet here it was before him, overworked eyelids working to wipe away the shimmering layer atop the sectoid orbs.  “I-I’m sorry. You didn’t have to. This was just a waste of…” Ala’kh fails to hold themself together any longer, and breaks down in braying sobs.
“I wouldn’t say that.” Confused, Beir looks up, to be astonished as they see their Earthing Blade floating through the air. “May not have found your dad, but we still managed to turn up the heirloom. It was…ah, buried in the garden of one of your neighbours.”
The look Irvine receives as he hands back a piece of this person’s tradition was one of gratitude, but still sad all the same. They’d found something dear again, but still lost something else.
This is why he usually didn’t do this.
It didn’t give them what they really wanted in the end.
When you lived on a world unlike Charnel…you had to let go eventually.

He starts to leave when he finds Ala’kh gripping his arm. The segmented joints they gripped with were hard, but the grip itself was soft and weak. “What is it? There something else?”
They nod, eyes still shimmering. “Here.” Irvine finds a sum of cash being pressed into his hands.  “Take this. Please. It’s the least I can do.”
He felt uncomfortable. “I can’t make you pay for this…this is-“
”No. I have to do this. Really.” The chittering from Ala’kh became more pronounced. ”You’ve done me a great service in recovering this. We cannot allow such deed to go unrepaid.”
That didn’t make him more comfortable with this situation.
Now he had to take this money for something he would never charge someone for. It was on their honour if he did not.

”Alright then. If you insist.” He gave a nod and an easy grin as he pocketed the money and waved them off. “Hope things go well for you, buddy Beir!”

…the grin didn’t last once he was out of sight.
He got what he was asked to find for them, but he still never got them what they really wanted.

Work thread: Complete.
Final word count: 1268 words.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread]   Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread] EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 am

"Awwww, I love a happy ending!... Well Relatively so."

You have earned 3000 VC

+10% for being very well written!

+10% for an interesting work experience!

Total, 3600VC

This total has been deposited into your citizen account.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Back to top Go down

Ancestral Longing [Irvine Work Thread]
Page 1 of 1