Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 am

Yoro, it had been quite some time since the attendant herself had been there. The last time she had been there was when a boy awakened to his persona, she herself had witnessed it and wanted to check up on him to see how he was adjusting and or if he was still alive. Maybe he had questions and she had felt that she didn’t answer enough of his questions right then and there. So there she was, standing on that same boy’s lawn. Her golden hues stared directly at the house; her emotionlessness might have made her presence even more intimidating for anyone in the house who would just happen to see her. She would be looking for any sign of movement from the house. Hoping the boy would leave his house to investigate her reason for standing there.

“Since this boy has awakened to his power, I would gladly guide him as a guest unless he states otherwise. In any case, he should understand what has happened to him…” Shi would look down at the grass, although she could help this boy, she could not help every single person who awakens, but this boy was a priority, she was to work with him first. “Here’s to hoping he accepts my advice…” Gripping her compendium in one hand, she would return her gaze on the house.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:16 am

Cyril was a bit frustrated. Staying in here, not even a full month after his recent awakening to his Persona bothered him, when his thoughts turned to his mother, now in the hospital. He was eager to get away from the house, perhaps not a healthier choice, or perhaps a better one, as staying here only stressed him out and made him a a bit paranoid about outside. For some reason he had enjoyed his fighting. It seemed to give him some sort of feeling of knowledge, like he knew the other side of what was really going on. If anything, he hated being left out, and even knowing some information, he still felt left out. He knew nothing of Shadows, Personas, no specifics, Soki Tsurinai knows way more probably. It was around this moment he was getting ready, he looked through his window and noticed a figure outside. He was ready to leave, and decided to go outside to see who it was.

He would open the door, looking out in the beginning of night, fumbling slightly with his keys to lock the door. He would then walk near the familiar blue figure, as it turned out to be....Shi. That woman who was with Soki the night he awakened to his Persona. She seemed at first glance, from a completely honest first impression, glued to Soki's hip the way she checked her that night, like some item in mint condition. Nonetheless, at least he might be able to learn something. He would walk, his mismatched eyes fixed on her as he was now a couple feet from her stopping. "Hey....Shi. What is it?" he would ask. Immediately asking questions might be a little quick, so it would be fair to ask her intentions. He would get a good look at her, seeing again her short petite stature and look out, as the moon was not full, but nering so before the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Shi would glance over at the boy who approached; she would listen as he asked of her reason for being there. She would blink a few times before responding “I expressed that I was going to come back and explain your new formed power and answer any questions you have, whether they be about Shadows, Personas, they could even be about my role and purpose. As you can see, I’m not human; I will answer anything you have. I don’t want to see someone go off without any information on the subject.” She turn to fully face him, her voids would blink as she began to speak again “Just ask away…”
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:33 pm

He would look and see her, practically emotionless in both sound and posture. She expressed that she would answer questions he may have. He had way too many. But if anything, a really good start is the one with the basics, and as much as he would dislike to admit, he really does not know too much about Personas and Shadows, even after saving a friend of his from one. He has very little information on the subject matter. However, this would clearly take up his entire night, and it'd be best to have a more comfortable environment to talk in. "Well here, if you want we can sit in my house. It's probably be more comfortable than outside," he would say. If she agreed to join him, he would lead the way inside, unlocking the door, letting her in, and then closing the door making sure to lock it, as it seemed appropriate to be safe given the situation that he had gone through. He would then gesture to a chair, or the couch that was in his standard living room, with a decent-sized television for his mother, leading into the kitchen on one end, and a hall on the other. "You can sit if you'd like. You want anything to eat or drink?" he would ask. Either way, whether she joined him or not he would go with a simple question. "What is with all the Personas and Shadows? I mean, what are they specifically?" he would ask. If they were outside, he would lean back against the back of the truck his mother drove, if he was inside, he would still be standing getting her something if she asked, or sitting in the chair or sofa opposite of her.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:49 am

Shi would shake her head, she did not want to intrude his household “No thank you, I would not like to intrude your household.” Her arms would bring her compendium up and open it, she would flip through a few pages while he spoke, looking for a certain article before she just decided to close it, looking up at the boy she would speak. “A Persona is a manifestation of a person's personality. It is referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained.” Shi would pause, looking down at her compendium. “Only persona-users can fight shadows and have a chance to beat them. Shadows and Personas are the same thing, that is the reason with a persona you have the chance of beating a shadow.”

She would look at the boy, was that all he really wanted to know? She could tell him anything in the world yet he chooses what personas and shadows were. That was an easy question, plus she had only told him half of it. She didn’t explain how a persona can change into a shadow once again and try to kill its owner, or how a persona can turn on a human. There was so much, was this the first of many questions? Or was he done? He didn’t seem that stupid, he must ask another question, “Is there anything else you want to know?”
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 pm

He would look at her when she shook her head. "It is really no trouble," he said. Either way he would listen to her explaining of Personas and Shadows. He would think on her first statement, about Personas essentially being the same thing as Shadows, just tamed power. "So, Shadows and Personas are more or less the same thing?" he would ask during her pause. When she explained he could fight them and confirmed his suspicions he didn't particularly know what to think. I mean, it was not really a big thing to grasp, them being the same thing. But that must mean that they have to undergo a transformation or to be "tamed" as she put it. But...."So if a Shadow can be tamed, can a Persona be turned loose? It seems to follow a certain logic, like a Persona turning into a Shadow," he asked. He would listen to her answer and prepare for more questions to ask. This woman knows a lot. Who really is she?
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:22 am

Shi would look at the boy with her blank stare, a gust of wind blew over the two and her two twin pigtails would blow in it. He mentioned persona’s turning into their original form, which was true, “Denying the Shadow's message once again when it has truly manifested as a Persona might cause said Persona to devolve into a Shadow and resume its vengeful mission. The experience that shadow had as a persona will make for a stronger shadow.” she would open her compendium flipping to a random page and citing the information printed on the page a Persona will revert into a Shadow if its user experiences extreme psychological stress; if the restored Shadow is denied again, it will try to kill its former controller once again. It seems I am correct, they are one and the same and when you accept your shadow, it is not gone forever. She would pause, closing the compendium and looking at the boy once again. "I know you have more questions. Ask away..."
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 am

Cyril would nod at her statements, thinking more on what she said. 'Yeah, it makes sense what she is saying...' He would continue to think of more questions to ask. But what did he want to know? He could ask about Limbo sure, that would be an easy route to go. However, maybe they didn't know all about Limbo. But then, he would want to know all he could, he has no reason to say she does not know. His thoughts were a bit of a jumble. But there certainly were other things on his mind. "Who are you specifically? More so, why are you helping me, and that woman Soki Tsurinai? You seem like you know more than what's apparent. Do you know who is even behind the Shadows?" he would ask. It wasn't his way of taunting him, but he was searching high and low for any information he could possibly get. And this girl was taking time out to give it to him, so he was going to take it.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 am

Shi would think for a second, he had asked about her true role in the world, that answer was easy. “I am an attendant of a place called the velvet room…” She would stop for a second, quoting her master’s words of her old home, “It ‘exists between dream and reality, mind and matter.’ An attendant is meant to guide their ‘guests.’ Guests are persona-users that other attendants and myself will guide and help on their journey through life. I can wield a persona as well, although they are artificially given to me through this.” She would show him her compendium, quickly tucking it under her arm and staring at the boy once again. “Shadows are made by humans. Everyone has their ‘shadow.’ Although, one god does control them, his name is Nyarlathotep, the god of chaos. Lucky for you Cyril-san, you have awakened to your power with the god named Philemon, the god of the ego.” She would look towards the ground with her dull expression “Is there anything I can help you on?”
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:59 pm

He would look at her strangely. 'Mind and matter...?' he thought. "I see....." he trailed off before looking at her compendium. It looked like a chained up, book of pagan magic or some such. It even had the six-pointed star. That held her power? His face went to her when he heard the world "Nyarthalotep". "Nyarthalotep? The god in Lovecraftian lore? He promotes all madness and insanity among humanity. He controls the Shadows?" he asked a bit in disbelief. He knew Lovecraft like the back of his hand; one of his favorite authors. Yeah, even with all the Personas and Shadows, and Limbo, even this was a bit hard to swallow. Even when she mentioned "Philemon" he still looked unconvinced. But why would she lie? Trickery or not, he was at least interested to know what was behind it all. If this girl could be the way to that, he would take it.

"Hm...nevermind. I guess I still gotta take it in stride...Well, there really is no way to stop the Shadows permanently right now is there? Or it would have been done already. Oh well, may I ask. How do you get to the Velvet Rooms? I cannot think of any other questions, so if I see you again, I shall probably have some ready. So I only have that question," he asked. Maybe this would be a good place to gather information, meet new "Attendants" as she put it.
Back to top Go down
The Cattendant

The Cattendant

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Shi would grip her compendium, he did not understand he explanation of the Velvet Room, and he would just have to observe it himself. But, he did know of Nyarlathotep and Philemon. Sadly the boy seemed to not believe her words. His final words would be about stopping the shadows, she would answer, her voice in the same tone as it always was, “Persona-users can defeat shadows, as I said. Permanently … I do not think I know of anyone who has successfully defeated all shadows.” Looking over she noticed that the sky had become black and the sun had set, the street lights flicked on slowly. “You can enter the Velvet Room through a blue door; they work just like Limbo doors but are to a safe place. Which is where I should be going now, I hope to see you there. Good day.” Wrapping up her sentence she would turn around to walk off, saying her goodbyes and slowly heading down the street towards the nearest velvet room door and out of Yoro.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 pm

He nodded at her answer regarding Shadows.....a bit slowly. So no one has defeated the Shadows yet. Presumably so. "I see..." he would say. He would take note of the evening sky, now faded to dark, as he looked back at Shi who would tell him where to find the Velvet Room. His passive face would turn to a smile and nod. "Thank you Shi. Be safe," he said as she would walk away. He would nod and soon turn to his door. Maybe being home alone would be a good option for tonight.

((EXIT))
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 am

Users have established a social link of the Death Arcana and the Hermit Arcana...
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)   Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking up on a new fellow (Grantus/Closed)
Page 1 of 1