Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

No Sweat [Crow]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:08 am

Crow would shrug nonchalantly there. “I guess, though I’d say I do it more for my own life than to make a difference in the world specifically. Not like my dream is to be a hero figure.” As nice as that type of a fantasy could be, the fame it brought was a little too much for it to be worth it. Like he had mentioned before, while it was useful to be known, it landed you in crowds of pretentious people too often for comfort. The Chimera man would offer the other a short laugh. “It’s not absolute though. It depends on the person and whether they manage to grasp the right straws. I’ve spent a while living down there myself when I first got here, and it’s not like I’m stuck there now anymore.” Yes, for some it could be harder, and take longer, but it shouldn’t be entirely impossible. In theory, at the very least. “I feel like being a politician wouldn’t help much anyway.” Everyone makes their own opinion and choice in the end, regardless of whether they have some position of power or not.

No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 GvGtbYd

“So, you’re one of those ‘Solider of Justice’ types of people then? I mean, there’s probably a few jobs that could fit into that, so you could always relocate. Though, you could keep order by refusing to give the people who are getting too drunk more drinks, how about that?” Perhaps it was a matter of perspective? Well, that came down to the one looking at the situation. “Heh, don’t think it can be said anything in Junction is truly normal. ‘s not like there’s more than a few people of any given race here. Or well, from the same world at least.” Some seemed alike even though they weren’t of the same origin, but eh. They were still separate, weren’t they? Crow would laugh shortly at the mention of the guy coming to the club. “Just try to not beat up anyone while there, yeah?”, he’d comment somewhat jokingly with a shake of his head. Well, technically he only cared so much, but god did he not want more paperwork to fill and all that crap that went with incidents. “Well, I’d bet something of the kind probably exists. With a place as diverse as this, you can find something new every day. Potentially at least. I’m no explorer myself.” Not with a clear purpose, at least. He’d look, but not in that way.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:40 am

"Well, yeah. Fame comes with both it's perks and cons, but eh. I don't exactly aim to be famous either. So long as I have roof over my head, food on my plate and a way to sate my adrenaline needs, I'm a happy camper, usually. Unless I get shitty neighbours. That's a severe drop in life quality, lemme tell you what." Lloyd replied jokingly. Yeah, bad neighbours was a nightmare, and one which he had lived a number of times back on Aurendal. "Of course not. It's always possible to move up, in theory anyway. But I know a few folks there who would have one hell of a time trying to climb the ladder of success, if you know what I mean." Success stories like Crow's were still a rarity, no matter where in the multiverse you looked where poverty existed. It took a certain mindset, and having a very good influential personality, getting the right connections and all that. Sure, help from the outside certainly did something, but it wasn't always enough. If it was, the Slums wouldn't have been as populated as they were today. "It's a complicated issue. One which no individual can really solve."

"Ah, I wouldn't really call myself that. Sure, some of my past colleagues would certainly identify with that epithet, but not me. I did my job as a soldier because it was something I was good at. It was a job I enjoyed. I didn't care much for the status that it gave me." Lloyd replied with a light shrug. While he was arrogant regarding his abilities, he was never one to actually chase position and fame. All he strived for was to be a better fighter than anyone else. To constantly improve himself and push his abilities beyond his past limits. And Arnice was the reason why he could perform so well. Without her, Lloyd would have probably been dead by now at least ten times over if not more. "Seeking this justice was never really a goal of mine. It just happened to be a bi-product of my work... one which I eventually started to value. But to call me a warrior of justice or a hero is not really speaking the truth. At least, not from my point of view." Then again, some of the people back on Aurendal would beg to differ. But they didn't know... They had not a single clue how shrewd and vile the Church really was. And Junction whisked Lloyd away before he could do anything. "Haha! I'll try not to. No garantuees though, bro." Lloyd replied jokingly, flashing a toothy grin at Crow. "At this point it wouldn't suprise me no. But I'd imagine a fight club buissness would be something kept under wraps here. Something tells me that management doesn't paticularly approve of underground bloodsports." The idea certainly sounded tempting though. If he wasn't a bit pressed for money and management, he would probably start one himself. Alas, he lacked the resources for it. Besides, Lloyd wasn't really the leading type.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 am

“That’s when you tell them to buzz off and behave.”, the ash skinned man would grin toothily for a brief moment. He didn’t have much personal experience with problematic neighbors, but there surely had to be ways to shut them up. Or at least make it be less of a deal somehow. Compromise, that’s what they call those things, yes? “I mean…I guess certain traits work against it, yes. Though to be fair, the Slums constantly get an influx of new people when this place hops about, so the dump will never be empty for real.” That would be a strange day to behold. The Slums not having any inhabitants. Sounded like an impossible goal, for more reasons than one. “Assuming anyone’s even trying.” You couldn’t really trust people to be focusing on a certain problem, really.

“Ah, well I went off of you saying you couldn’t enjoy a job that didn’t involve maintaining order. Sounds like you like instilling some form of justice to me, even if you don’t identify with the title itself. I kinda meant it metaphorically anyway, not as a society status thing.”, Crow would scratch his cheek at that one. “I guess everyone takes it differently.” To one it could just be a label for what they liked to do, and to another it would be a title of prestige. ‘s how it went, in a way.

The Chimera man would mock roll his eyes. “I’m sure you’d enjoy filling out some paperwork afterwards, as I’d gladly dump it on you as punishment.” Would he actually do it? Perhaps, seeing as he now knew the guy in person. It’d be a mildly amusing way to make his day a little brighter. He’d shrug a little. “Hell if I know. Don’t think it’s possible to stop people from fighting, so I’d think a legal way that could be tracked would at least be simpler.”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm

"That's usually what I do, but some people just never listen, y'know? And at the time, I had to put up with their crap, as finding a new place to stay would take at least two years or so." Getting a new apartment back home on Aurendal was a nightmare. It could take years to find someplace, if you weren't an official or had the money to buy your own place. Fortunately, Lloyd was a Bishop by the time he actually needed a place, so he didn't have to put up with it when he moved out, but should he have wanted to move again after that, he would have to make use of the system like everyone else. So, sometimes, you just had to bite the bullet. "Yeah. This constant flood of new people is really the crux of the problem, isn't it? Then again, it's not like we can do anything about it. If you really think about it, we're all pretty much prisoners here. No way home, and should you want to leave, you have to wait for a suitable world to stay on... assuming Junction doesn't just drag you with it once it decides to world-hop again. And I dunno if it's worth the risk... I mean, staying behind on a foreign world just to escape this one. But it might be a risk worth taking for those in the slums. Again, assuming Junction doesn't just drag you with it."

"Well, the reasons for doing so aren't strictly speaking noble. It's more of a forcibly learned behaviour. Let's just say the big-wigs who told me and my colleagues what to do... didn't exactly play fair." And that was an understatement."Yeah. No offense taken though. It's really not a big deal. Never cared much for my image." If he even one that was worth caring about to begin with. Maybe on Aurendal it was one thing to maintain it, as people saw the Bishops as role models... inspirational figures. But here, his role couldn't have been less awe-inspiring. Not that it mattered much to Lloyd anyway. Being in the spotlight was never his gig, nor would it ever be.

"Haha, no. I'll be on my best behaviour, promise. Unless someone really ticks me off, in which case, they only got themselves to blame." It usually took a lot to really tick off Lloyd. His job as a bouncer gave him plenty of time to thicken his skin. It'd take much more than just throwing petty insults his way to really get on his nerves nowadays. It wasn't always like that though. "...Good point. Might be more popular in the slums, though. I just can't see any rich folk getting a kick out of watching people beating eachother up. But hey, I've been suprized before."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm

“Could try annoying them in return. Maybe they’d learn some respect through personal experience.” There are polite and impolite ways to deal with people, and the latter can sometimes work pretty well when attempts at a peaceful resolution fail to go through. Crow would certainly not be pleased about being forced to find a new place to live simply because of neighbours. That was almost akin to being unwillingly kicked out of your home. The Chimera man would wave a hand languidly. “I’d guess it depends on the person and where they came from. For some, even the Slums may be better than the life they used to have back home. And here you’ve got choices to leave any time you want, if nothing else. I guess it’s just hard for people to be satisfied with what they currently have. Always something shinier to dream about.” Not like he was the happiest man ever personally either. Though it was for vastly different reasons than the ones people in the lower wards would complain about. Everyone had their own ideas about perfect life though.

Crow would laugh faintly. “Is anything really fair in war? I find it hard to imagine a battle that is completely and thoroughly fairly organized for everyone involved. Someone’s always handed the better end of the stick. Though, if you enjoy that type of work now, guess it’s a good thing for you?” It was better than despairing about it, at the end of the day. Old habits die hard, apparently, but for as long as they didn’t bother you, they weren’t a huge issue, right? He would snort lightly under his breath. “I mean, I got nothing against bothersome folk getting punished, but it does create more work for me, which I guess is the unpleasant part of it.” Can’t have everything, can you? “Heh, can’t say how the rich got rich though. There could be some shady butts who get money though stuff like that.”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

"Haha! Yeah, that would be pretty funny. I'll give it a try if they ever get rowdy again." Lloyd replied with a light chuckle, seemingly amused by the prospect of counter-annoyance. If things got too bad, of course, he would make use of it, but Lloyd wasn't one to really start shit with people. It was actually kind of rare for him to be the aggressor. "My neighbours right now are pretty chill though. Nothing to really complain about. Okay, maybe they're not the most social bunch, but they are pretty quiet. Can't complain about that." The Winston couple were actually pretty reclusive, which was a little bit of a bummer. They seemed to be pretty good people... they just didn't talk much to anyone... at all outside of their family. Even the kids were pretty quiet and mellow. "Yeah, of course. Some places are probably way worse than the Slums. I'm sure we've visited a healthy amount of them by now, if I'm going to be honest... But despite all that, I probably wouldn't leave, even if I was stuck in the slums. I've actually settled down somewhat. I've pretty much accepted Junction as my home. I take it the same applies to you, man?" Lloyd asked with a curious look, taking another swig from his hip flask before stuffing it away inside his jacket.

"Not really no. But the way these crooks treated their own men? I think a lot of people would find their methods... questionable. I would go into more detail, but it's quite the story, and I really don't want to bore you with such trivial nonsense. Besides, it hardly matters anymore. Junction never goes back to the same place anyway, so we're never going to see that world ever again." At least, that's what he had heard from some other people among his neighbours who had lived here much longer than he had. Junction, to their knowledge, only visited a world once... so if you were taken by it, all you could do was kiss your old home goodbye. "I guess I am pretty fortunate. I ended up in a good part of this place, found a job pretty quickly and it's one that I enjoy. Not much to really complain about. Sure, I could lead a much better life, but I'm pretty content with what I have right now." He sure would seem ungrateful if he had thought otherwise. Some people had it way worse than him, after all. "So... when did you show up on Junction? I showed up here at around... I'd say maybe around... 150 Jumps ago? Ish? The world itself was called Aurendal, if it rings any bells." Lloyd hoped that made some sense to Crow. The best way to really get a measure of time here on Junction to him was... well, measuring how many jumps ago he showed up, as a year on Aurendal was VASTLY different from anywhere else. Being a planet that orbited around two stars had quite the impact on how long a year was... "I could just drag them out by the collar, if that makes it easier?" Lloyd suggested jokingly. "Man, paperwork is quite the hassle. I get enough of it just by paying the stupid rent each month. Why does it have to be so needlessly complicated?" Maybe it was just the owner of the apartment complex who decided it would be difficult. Lloyd hadn't really lived anywhere else, so he had nothing to really compare to. Maybe it was the same everywhere? "Haha, perhaps. Just the idea of some rich snob betting money on a bloodsport is quite amusing to me."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 3:02 pm

“To be fair, I think I’d prefer quiet anyway. You get enough social when you go out into the crowds anyway.” Crow didn’t see the need to have social neighbors, seeing as there were plenty opportunities for interactions just a couple steps away from the front door, usually. Someone who wouldn’t bother you living next door in fact sounded like a blessing in a way. The ash skinned man would half shrug with one shoulder when the question of home came up. “I guess? Home’s kinda a subjective concept anyway. You could choose to call a cardboard box your home, while someone else would never give the label to anything else but their birthplace. I see it as there not being much point in crying over spilt milk at this point, so I suppose this place is home for as long as it doesn’t crumble apart or something.” Does anything really last forever? Well, who knew.

“Heh.”, he would snort lightly, his fangy teeth showing briefly. “Positions of power tend to corrupt people. Wouldn’t say the idea surprises me too much. Being a leader and a follower are different things, that’s for sure. I’d bet many places have organizations that use dirty tactics somewhere in their ranks, so we’ll likely see such in a different world in time.” Assuming they would stick their heads out into the worlds, that is, but he had been speaking mostly in theory anyhow. You could try to ask around and listen to someone else who did as well. ‘s probably not tough to find a bunch of adventurers here and there. At any rate, he would quirk an eyebrow at the other man over the issue of time passing. “Dude, you can’t expect me to recall the name of that many worlds. I don’t quite bother to write their names down. Though going by average numbers, I’ve probably been here a little over twice as long as you.” Maybe? The number was all over the place, one way or another.

“Might as well toss them somewhere far while you’re at it. The further away problems go, the better.”, he would roll his eyes somewhat mockingly. It was hard to be a fan of troublesome people after all. Especially when their actions impacted you beyond just casual annoyance in that moment. “Comes with the territory, I guess. Paperwork’s shit, but it’s still better than being the one who cleans literal shit out of toilets or something.” He’d certainly dig through some fat stacks of paper if given the choice between the two. For obvious reasons. “Sounds pretty possible to me.” Somehow, it wouldn’t surprise him, and bloodsports weren’t the stupidest sounding activity just yet.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm

"Yeah. I guess either one works for me. I just need a break every now and again." Lloyd belonged in social butterfly category for sure, even if he needed some time alone to just relax occasionally. "Junction is not a place for everyone, that's for sure. With how multicultural everything is and all. One can only take in so many new things each day. And here, you really don't fit in. No one does. No sense of familiarity whatsoever. Sure, I've met a few of my own kind over the years, but none of them hailed from my world, even if we had a lot in common." Lloyd looked at his right arm... The only thing that really separated him from any other normal human. And thanks to this arm, a few people had assumed him to be some kind of shapeshifting reject, which he certainly wasn't. But explaining to them who and what Arnice was usually took so long that it was hardly worth it. Not like they were really all that interested in the specifics anyway, nor did Lloyd really care if they did.

"Yah. Another reason why I'm kind of content where I am. Sure, I want power, but not that kind of power. I just want to get physically stronger. More able to do things, y'know? Pushing my limits as far as I can, and all that nonsense." To most people who hadn't experienced a similiar life that Lloyd had, his motivations didn't make much sense. But the warriors and soldiers from other worlds more often than not understood his desire to keep pushing his boundaries. And so far, the ex-Bishop had a feeling that Arnice had a lot more to offer him in terms of fighting capacity. It was all a matter of exploring and breaching those limits. "Haha, yeah, that's true. It's been a heckuvalong time for me. I sure ain't plannin' on leaving this joint anytime soon." Sure, he had a desire to explore the worlds that Junction visited every now and again, but something stopped him from taking that step. Maybe it was just a combination of Arnice's warnings and his own gut feeling that prevented him from just wandering into the unknown. If he was going to do that, he certainly didn't want to do so alone. As a Bishop, regardless of merit, strength and experience, you never left on a mission alone. Doing so was not just stupid... it was downright suicidal to go slay demons alone. And Lloyd, while proud, was no fool.

"Somewhere far? I can do that, I guess. Depends on how far away you want." Lloyd replied jokingly, chuckling under his breath. "No, but seriously, if you have any problems, I'll pitch in if I can. No need to pay me." From the tone of his voice, Lloyd sounded rather sincere."You ask me to toss em. I'll ask 'How far?'" Not that he was quite on a crazy super-human level, he could still pick up a fool and throw them out the door with little effort. Maybe someday in the future he could reach the level of physical strength some of the demons on Athara possessed... With Arnice, you never knew.

"Yeah. Paperwork's a biiiitch, sure, but there's always someone making a living doing something much less pleasant." Lloyd replied, nodding understandingly. "Man, I'd hate to be the guy to do the cleanup at the club. Geez... People here can be real pigs when they want to." He certainly pitied the janitor for having to clean up everyone's trash. On bad days, the bathroom was by far the worst place. Eugh. "Well..." Lloyd looked at his wristwatch. "I better get going. The cat at home ain't gonna feed herself. See you around, Crow. Take care." After saying his piece, he stood up and swung his way back to solid ground. Now then... time to go get some food for that poor stray cat...

~ Lloyd Storm has left the scene ~
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:13 pm

“Yeah, sure, see ya.” Crow would wave at the guy, watching him for a moment before turning his attention back to the outside. Well, he had nothing to do right now, so he would stay here for a while longer…

OoC:

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 am

It's always good to have friends in precariously high places.

The Gears of Fate are ever turning

No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 SgcxtKcNo Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 XtHPDE9

Crow of the Death and Lloyd of the Magician have forged a bond..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Sweat [Crow]   No Sweat [Crow] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Sweat [Crow]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2