Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Telos

Telos

In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): Empty
PostSubject: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu May 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Takeru sighed as he sat down at the lunchroom for lunch.
He could really use a friend right now.

As far as he was concerned, his absolute loyalty was to (to borrow a british term) Queen and country.

He stared off into the sky with the sort of look an old man contemplating the future (or reminiscing on the past) might have. The sort of look that got quite a few interested glances from girls.

Opening Theme:

Last edited by Telos on Thu May 25, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySun May 21, 2017 4:25 pm

While Takeru stared off into the unseen abyss, a disturbance among the flow of students could be seen as a crowd of students moved over to a nearby empty table, instantly filling every seat as their level of chatter escalated to an unintelligible mess of laughs and chatter. The focus of the discussions seemed focused on one girl in particular. One of the female students pointed out Takeru and whispered it into the ear of the black-haired center of attention. Her green eyes locked with the distracted Cadet as a grin spread across her face.

"There's my chance, gals. Wish me luck!"

While the table giggled between each other, Sumi stood up from her seat and approached Takeru slowly, trying to get his attention by standing in the way of his stare.

In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): 3085160433_1_5_DvZLmQOH
"Hello? Hello? Mr. Cadet? You mind if I talk with you for a minute? Oh, wait, you must be too busy to talk with little ol' me?"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySun May 21, 2017 4:31 pm

The girl snapped him out of his train of thought.
A pretty lass, though a bit... spicy. Her attitude reminded him of Brittany's.
"Huh? No, no, not at all. I'm happy to help a lady in need. What can I do for you?" he said, smiling. He welcomed the distraction. This thing was starting to seriously give him a bad time.
He needed to take a break.
Stress was bad for his health after all.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptySun May 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Seeing she had gotten the boy's attention, Sumi beamed in an attempt to lift his spirits. She pulled out the seat closest to him and sat beside him, resting her elbows on the table before realizing the papers below them. She took turns between looking Takeru in the eye and trying to glean info from the papers.

"It's not often you get the chance to talk with a Cadet, especially one all on their lonesome. Besides, you looked like you could use a distraction. So, what are you struggling with? Ooh, wait, it could be confidential stuff. If it's got to do with the school, I can help. You may recognize me as Sumi Saito, candidate for Student Council. I know lots of the people around the school, so I can help out in that regard. And... well, um..."

Sumi seemed to be fishing for another reason to let Takeru in on his problems. As she scratched her chin and drew her finger through the air, she suddenly snapped as an idea came to mind.

"Oh! I should probably ask what the qualifications for becoming a Cadet is. I've heard conflicting info, but I'm giving it my all. I want to be out there defending the streets with you guys. Could you put a good word in for me?"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyMon May 22, 2017 2:01 am

"Man, I really oughta visit the piano at Suzie Q again... I haven't had time to visit my usual spot of Concert Hall 9 in ages..." he muttered to himself.

"Thanks for the offer, though." he said after a moment.

He had no idea who she was until she said her name. Student council politics were not his thing, but it was best to smile and nod when someone asked.
That last name, though, he had to wonder...
"By the way, are you related to a Kasumi Saito?" he asked her, remembering the council's self-proclaimed go-for.

As for her second question, well, he had to admire her drive. He looked at her eyes.
They were fiery, full of determination. The kind of look he admired.

"I like that look in your eyes. The qualifications involve you having to just fill out some paperwork you can ask for at the office, submit it, and wait for a letter of acceptance. They're always looking for more cadets, so there should be no problems. Although you do gotta maintain a GPA of 2.5 and above, but that's stuff you worry about later. As for a recommendation... sure. I'll see what I can do, though no promises." he said. Filing a recommendation at this point for her would only maybe slightly improve her odds... assuming that it would even matter.

BGM:

Last edited by Telos on Thu May 25, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyTue May 23, 2017 10:45 am

That fire in Sumi's eyes only continued to flare as they talked. Finally, an opportunity for her to get her foot in the Cadet's door. Her naturally cute and flirty attitude could easily trick the Cadet into spilling, but she wasn't Lui. No good would come about tricking someone like him. Just be yourself, she repeated, just be yourself.

"Looking at the ceiling isn't quite an engaging activity, you know. Figured you were daydreaming, so yeah. Pretty distracted. So, you're the Piano Man, eh? Play for a good crowd on Saturdays that put bread in your jar while the waitress talks politics? Ehehehe. Ah, you probably didn't get it, but I make joke, y'know?"

"By the way, are you related to a Kasumi Saito?"

"Whoa, stop the presses! There's another Saito in this school? And her name's Ka...Sumi? Oh no! What if one of us was the result of a secret cloning experiment, only to be separated at birth?... Nah, it's probably a coincidence. But no, she ain't in my family. Just a brother and parents now."

As she reviewed the details of enrolling with the Cadets, she seemed confused when it came to the form. She was certain she already filled out the form and sent it in. Her grades were certainly above the required amount, so why hadn't she heard back from them?

"Don't they send you something in the mail if you aren't accepted? I swear, everything's been done for a while now, but no word back. Am I... not worthy?"

"Ugh, forgetful as always, sis."

Sumi would turn to the new voice and immediately her skin turned a shade paler. Her twin brother Lui stood over the two with a disgruntled look on his face, a sealed envelope held between his fingers. He heaved a sigh as he sat down on Takeru's other side.

"That's the envelope with my form! Where did you get that, Lui?!"
"You left it on your desk a week ago and completely forgot where you left it. Honestly, how do you function if you can't remember simple things like this."
"I was busy with stuff, alright? Look, just hand it over. This guy's with the Cadets, so probably faster to give to him."
"No."

For a moment, a flash of anger spread across Sumi's face as she heard this. Once again, she had to deal with her brother meddling in her affairs. Sure, his attitude towards the Cadets wasn't positive, but did he want to jeopardize her chances when one was sitting right next to her?
"Why not?! I've been dreaming of this for years, and you're keeping THIS from me?"
"You aren't ready for that kind of commitment. Have you ever considered what these people do? They fight dangerous criminals on a practically daily basis. You're lucky I respect you enough to know when you are wasting their time and potentially cutting your life short."
"That's not true! I have purpose! I can fight, too!"
At this point, Sumi quickly flickered over to face Takeru, a sad puppy dog expression present on her face.
"Tell him, sir! Tell him I'm not a waste to the Cadets! Please?"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyTue May 23, 2017 7:34 pm

He still needed to get the hang of telling apart jokes. Subtle ones tended to fly by his head.
Which is why he didn't mention that most of the time, he was alone when he played. That save for him, nobody really used Concert Hall 9 due to how strictly situational it was for only enough room to hold a piano, and a pianist.

Although he nodded at her reaction to finding out there was another Saito. Looked like they weren't related. He made note of that.
He wondered what her brother was like.
As well as her look of confusion.

"I think so. I don't know. I can't seem to find my letter saying that I was formally accepted. Odd, but probably because it's in a safety deposit box somewhere. Vital documentation and all that." he said.
Then he saw the new guy that entered the same, who he presumed was her brother.
Holding her, from the sound of it, application. He sighed at their bickering.
He and Hima were like that sometimes back in the day.

Although before he could reminisce any further, she had asked him to say something to end their argument.
He sighed, thinking about what had gone on. On one hand, she was free to do something like this, it was well within her rights to do so.
On the other, her brother made a point about what they do. Cadets did tend to die when out there.
"Like Hima..." he thought, before snapping himself back to the present day.
He had to make a decision.
He took a minute to think it over before he said something.

"You both are right. Sumi, your brother does have a point. Being a cadet is not easy. Good people do die out there against villains that will continue to spread violence. Your life being cut short on a mission is a possibility. However, it is your life. You may do what you wish with it if that purpose is one that you want, so long as you know the consequences of your actions. This is not a commitment you can take lightly. Honestly, we could use someone like you in the cadets. These days, I don't see many people in the cadets that choose doing what's right over what's convenient. The true will of the Queen, I believe, is that we are to choose the former option over the latter whenever possible. Thus, if you are willing to accept, and carry out that will... I see no reason why not. You are a healthy, beautiful woman. I think you have to potential to be a model cadet." he said in a calm tone to them.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyWed May 24, 2017 12:15 am

As Takeru so elegantly explained his stance on their argument, Sumi pointed accusingly in Lui's direction as he grasped the envelope tightly.

"See?! They want me to support them; I have what they're looking for. I understand the risks of tangling with terrorists and demons. Need we forget what happened to Kei? If it weren't for that protector, we would've all been erased. I want to save these people, Lui. This is MY choice, my life."

At this, Lui seemed unmoved. The expression on his face seemed like a mask, wearing a fierce, angered look. He moved the envelope toward Sumi, swiping it away as she lunged for it.

"You really have no idea, do you? These terrorists... they will keep coming. Every day, the paper reports another hoodlum trying to break the government like a chopstick. If you're serious about taking this challenge on, you need proper training. I'll hold on to this until you can prove you can fight ba-"

At this, Sumi grasped the envelope, trying to pry it out of Lui's grasp. Lui remained sturdy until, with one swift tug, the envelope and enclosed form were torn in twain. Witnessing this, Sumi stared down at the table, the once energetic vibe turning into an inferno around here. She flicked her arm into the air, nearly hitting Takeru's nose, and pointed to the hallway across from them. A growl eminated from Sumi.
"GO. Now. We will discuss things with Mom and Dad at home. Go away. NOW."

At this, Lui passively got up, took his lunchbox, and walked away after whispering to Takeru.

"If she ends up dead because of this, you're finished. I told you, you don't want her joining. Trust me."

As the tension disappeared​, Sumi began to sniffle, blowing her nose and returning to Takeru.
"All that work... and he still doesn't believe in me. Know what, forget him. I'm redoing that form. I will submit it right away. I will NOT let Lui have the last word! ...Sorry, I never asked for a name."
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyWed May 24, 2017 1:51 am

He watched them argue. Try as he might, he really couldn't truly back up either because both had fair points.
It didn't take long for him to have a fairly good guess of who Kei was. He also decided not to bring that person up, if only because it seemed to be a sensitive subject for them.
Then he watched it all go to hell.
He flinched, backing his head up a bit to avoid getting hit in the nose. Those glasses weren't cheap to fix after all.
At least it didn't end up becoming a fight, although the growling tone from Sumi scared him for a bit.

"Duly noted. Though I would believe your rage would be better directed towards her hypothetical killer than me." he said to Lui stoically.

Then he saw the anger wear off.
At least she wasn't too angry anymore.

"Takeru. Takeru Kagemaru. It's okay. I understand that much. Don't let him get to you... I think you really do have potential. Although you do need some sort of weapons training, because believe me, that actually puts you higher up on the list of potential candidates. So allow me to meddle and help you there. Ever heard of the Warrior's Heart Training Grounds? There's a man I know there, he's an old... friend of mine. His name's Victor. He'll be able to help you from there to train. Tell him I sent you." He said to her.

In truth, Victor was the father of Himawari, his inspiration for becoming a cadet. The two maintained a somewhat friendly relationship now, the former being a fairly good instructor when it came to weaponry that required precision, which he figured Sumi was best suited for.
It was from Victor that he figured out how to use his new weapon of choice...
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:48 pm

As Lui left Takeru's foolish response with a "Tch." into his ear, Sumi seemed to brighten up again as Takeru introduced himself. If there was one thing Sumi learned from Lui, it was being aware of how she was acting, feeling, and thinking. But instead of displaying fake emotions or faces, Sumi used it to draw on others' positive attitudes to psych herself back up. Realizing that lunch would be wrapping up soon, Sumi tossed the rest of her lunch into her mouth and sped through the rest of her speech.

"Nicetomeetyou,Takeru. Sorry about the rush, but I got class to get to in a bit. Here, let me write you my number. Text me the dojo address and I'll get that training. I promise I won't fail you; I'll be the best Cadet I can be. For my family and friends, these streets will be cleaned. Oh, sheisa, Bell's ringing. Havefunwiththatkaythanksbye."

As the bell rang, Sumi bolted from her chair and power walked through the crowds, her Entourage trying to catch up. On the table where she sat was now a crumbled piece of paper. Written in red ink and immaculate handwriting was her cell phone number along with the message "If I'm beautiful, than you're pretty handsome yourself." scrawled below it. Sure, maybe the Cadet might think she was hitting on him or vice versa, but if it bettered her chances of getting into Class Zero, more power to the gal whose charm is at dangerous as her temperament.

"Heart, Sumi Melodi Saito"

~~Sumi & Lui Exit~~

(To grading mod: I have plans to make Sumi a full-fledged alt char later. Would this be approved for a SL 1 thread once she is approved?)
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu May 25, 2017 1:55 am

That, Takeru knew, was usually a sign that he was right, and his opponent couldn't really come up with a good comeback fro it.
Before he knew it, she was going off to her next class.
"Man, she can go fast." he thought as he watched her run off.
He blushed as he read the note. Well, he decided. He had gotten her phone number. Was she hitting on him? That was a first.

He also made note of her full name, Sumi Melodi Saito.
He smirked to himself as he registered it into his phone.
He then left.
Exit.

Last edited by Telos on Thu May 25, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu May 25, 2017 3:05 am

"The impersonation of government rank is a crime, Takeru Kagemaru."

The icy cold tone can be heard from behind the former Psyche Terrorist as a religiously garbed woman walked towards him. She had a blank, but severe expression plastered over her face as she advanced. Her coffin was on her person, as if glued to her back complete with harnesses. The Cadet loathed to see what was happening. No one should be drafted into the ranks by a snake-tongue.

In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): ZKGkP1t

"I will be reporting this to my superiors. Refrain from continuing or face the consequences.
Hand me the note from the girl earlier."

Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu May 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Whew. He would have to remember this.
"Yes ma'am. Can I go now?" he said sheepishly before handing it to her.
Although he had to wonder: just how long had she been there to have heard of it? Or was it the uniform alone that gave him away? Maybe both?
He knew better than to ask though. Pressing here would land him in trouble he couldn't afford.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu May 25, 2017 7:26 pm

When she took the note, her expression soured at what she was reading before jamming it inside her pockets. "Go."

That was all she said before giving him a cold, yet blank stare. It was as if she was looking at an insect grovelling before her. She was going to report this to Julius. No matter what the Captain saw in him, she just couldn't relate at all.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): EmptyThu May 25, 2017 8:03 pm

He ran off, thanking his lucky stars that he wasn't going to get killed today.
He did feel bad considering the look he saw on Maria's face, and what the expression on Sumi's.
If anything happened to her...
Well, he now realized that Lui's threat just became that much more likely.
The wrath of angry woman too made him gulp nervously.
He pushed those thoughts as he ran off to class.
(Exit.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):   In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other): Empty

Back to top Go down

In Over Your Head (For Captain and one other):
Page 1 of 1