Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 1:59 pm

After stabbing one of her daggers into the creature as she had been doing before, the girl would notice a piece of the creature chip away with her strike revealing what she could only assume was a weak spot that its weird skin was protecting. Taking no hesitation, Callie would quickly stab her other dagger straight into this revealed weak spot on the side of the creatures head which caused it to howl out in pain before being smashed to the ground by another hit from the guitarist leaving it in an unmoving heap on the ground. "W-we beat it...?" The girl would question with slight disbelieve in her voice as she stumbled backwards and fell into a seated position to try and catch her breath. She was exhausted, it had already been really late and with how much she threw herself around to get in and out of combat multiple times had really worn her out. As she sat there catching her breath, the girl would notice the small pouch that the guitarist would pick up and throw to the boy, who much to her relief had begun to try and pick himself up. Staring back at the dissolving creature for a moment, Callie would then notice another pouch appear from its remains which she'd lean forward to pick up and after a quick inspection would pocket for the moment.

"You did good Cals." Terra's voice would say to the girl as he appeared in his fox form on the girls lap and nuzzled her. "We really showed that thing who's boss, huh?" The shadow would add with a smirk on his face as the girl hugged her shadow back. Terra knew it was a risk revealing himself like this in front of others they couldn't fully trust, yet he knew how much positive reinforcement Callie needed and felt as if he was the only one here that would provide her with any. Hopefully the other two were too distracted with each other to even take notice for the moment, but that was left to be seen. "Neheh, you got the energy to get up? Don't push ya self if ya don't."

The girl would smile as she pet the shadow foxes head and slowly picked herself up to her feet, holding the fox in her arms. "Don't worry about me Terra, I'm just a little tired is all." She'd reassure him as she took note to what the other two were doing. The guitarist seemed to be interrogating the boy before he could even properly stand on his own two feet... And as much as she'd probably be questioned next, she wasn't about to just slip away from here without lending any further aid that she could. "Terra, I need you t-"

"Way ahead of ya Cals!" Terra would butt in, turning back to his dagger form and shining yellow as the girl brought the pair of daggers together an let out the same healing light from before. Hopefully that would at least stop the boys pain, if not only a little. It was better than nothing though at this point and the girl couldn't bare to see someone else in pain. Plus the guitarist herself still didn't look her best.

"Are you guys okay...?" She'd ask sheepishly, mostly due to what she expected the answer from the guitarist to be, yet she mostly directed her words in the boys direction. "I'm sorry I didn't manage to keep you protected..." She'd say with a weak smile before adding. "But I'm glad you're okay."

Action:
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Well, at least he could stand. He didn't have to look as pathetic as he felt.

Lance was still silently praying that they could all just walk away from this encounter without a word, but as he folded his arms across himself in a sort of self-hug to cradle his wounds, the bag of coins that hit his shoulder with an unceremonious thud said otherwise. He flinched harder than he probably should have as the guitarist turned her attention to him, scolding him for not being cautious. He'd just wanted to kill the thing quickly, and it wasn't like he'd ever just casually killed a real-life zombie before.

He didn't respond to her harsh words nor the dagger girl's concern, standing there huddled into himself and staring down at his muse. There were so many negative emotions that he wanted to force out through harmony and song, but now wasn't the time. Weakly kicking the coins to rest beside his duffel, there was a long pause before he responded to the guitarist.

"I don't... I don't work for anyone." he murmured, a weak, defensive edge making a poor attempt to hide the self-pity in his tone. "No one taught me to do anything; this is the first time I've ever even seen anything like... this."

He would've said "what just happened," but from what he saw, there were a lot of different things going on. Neither of them summoned anything to aid in the fight like he had, plus, neither of them seemed to be otherworldly creatures. Their getups were rather weird, but he didn't have much room to talk. He hadn't looked over at Callie to see the shadowy fox, his eyes still trained on the keyboard at his feet.

"Well she's rude. Don't even put me in the same breath as those damn demons, unless it's got to do with me killin' 'em."

In any other circumstance, Lance would've chuckled, but any sort of positive energy he had was quashed by his overwhelming negativity. He had no right to laugh at anything right now.

"Oniwaka doesn't seem to like being called a demon, though."

Despite being basically an oni. Okay. Still, that raised the question of what Oniwaka actually was, but that was something that could be pondered in greater detail later. Now, he just wanted to scrape the paste that was his ego off of the floor and pull himself together enough to slink away home. The girl's healing light did wonders for his physical pain, but emotionally he was still picking at open sores.

"I'm sorry I didn't manage to keep you protected..."

The words from the dagger girl caused Lance's body to jerk awkwardly as he turned to look at her, an unintentionally aggressive motion as his emotions twisted the meaning of her words. She probably honestly did just feel bad that she couldn't have done more, but why, when she'd healed everyone--twice now--and seemed to hold her own more than anyone else. He was the one that got hit like an idiot and passed out. The guitarist was harsh, but she wasn't entirely wrong in scolding him.

"This was my fight; it was attacking me. Don't blame yourself for anything; I was the one who screwed up. I'm just sorry you guys had to come clean up my mess." he growled, his tone basically a demand. She better not dare think she wasn't adequate protection. There was no saving the stupid, and being so focused on offense after his perfect shot, he completely forgot about defending himself. He was stupid.

It wouldn't happen again.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:45 am

The devilish guitarist's golden eye hovered in its empty socket as her mind clicked. Her eye flicked down to what he held in his duffel bag but returned to bore emptily into his own as his gaze placed itself between the two of them. She hadn't gotten a good look, especially not with her blurry vision and reeling equilibrium, but she was certain it wasn't a weapon in there. It looked a bit light, if bulky, and the shape was all wrong for anything she could think of being incredibly dangerous. Not like explosive charges or a grenade launcher or some shit... but she could be wrong. Her Demon Weapon was a guitar, after all. Just about anything could be lethal when you involved the supernatural. She believed him when he said he didn't work for anyone, Ritsuko imagined that not many did. At least not some sort of organized gang. The Psyche Terrorists she heard about in the news seemingly struck at random with little point in it all instead of doing something smart like destroying infrastructure or undermining faith in the Cadets. She refused to believe him when he feigned ignorance. Demons don't just appear out of the fucking- okay maybe they did, but Devil Summoners had to have come from somewhere.

"You think I'm ss'possed to believe tha'...?" she echoed in both a laughing snipe and a growling threat, "Nev'r happened b'ffore and y' already know it'ss name. Sspare me y're bullsshit." Here final sentence was without resonance, being very clearly hostile. For just a moment she would feel bliss, a feeling of lifting from her feet and the disappearance of the weight of her injuries before it all came crashing down with the grit of her teeth. She'd felt it before, it was the one girl. Unwarranted joy was a prime offense to the miserable woman, she wasn't very accustomed to anything but Aoide affecting her mood and picked up on it immediately. Rolling her wrist with crackling snaps of sore bone she would turn her vision to glare at the smaller one.
"Ffucking stop that!! I'm fine, leave me alone!" she snapped. If anything it was a good sign, even if it went unappreciated. It meant she probably wasn't going to arrest her or cut her head off. It'd be a coin toss for the second one depending on which sort of "terrorists" she was with. A lot of people tended to forget that certain things in history never happened. Either way she wasn't someone Ritz wanted to fight. She'd seen what she could do. It wasn't pretty.

But she wasn't here for arguments, as little as that seemed to be the case. It was a waste of her time. And the Devil Summoner was wasting her patience.
"Oh quit y're damn bitchin' already! You're ffuckin' alive, nothin' elsse matterss!" Ritsuko wobbled with her retort, close to losing her footing with the simple act of standing upright. The alcohol coursing through her veins wasn't doing her any favors, it was making her sluggish and weak and distracted. It was a pain in the ass she wished she didn't have to deal with, but this was better than the alternative. Even on unsteady feet her sole eye remained transfixed on the masked man. She didn't believe him for a second.

Relevant Events:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 am

The young vixen would stand and watch the two argue with each other about trying to figure out what just happened and whether or not they'd done this before... And something about working for someone? A Queen? In the girls usual ignorance of anything that wasn't directly related to herself or something that made her happy, the girl couldn't quite remember much about any Queen... She was sure she had heard it being talked about now that she thought about it but she had no clear memories of who they might be or what they do. In all honesty this conversation confused her, she'd have to try and remember to ask someone she trusted about this later and hopefully actually remember some of it this time. Although that was doubtful.

"I-I..." The girl would begin as she started getting shouted at for healing them all once more, both herself and Terra were in almost complete agreement that this was the woman they had met earlier that day. Her smell was her most notable quality at first since she looked quite different from what she remembered this morning, yet alongside the angry and push offish nature and just the way she slurred her words the girl was fairly sure it was her. "... I-I'm sorry... I was trying to help ease his pain, I dunno how to control it to not affect all of us..." She'd admit, it had been the first time she had ever used that power before now, she had no idea she even had the ability to do it until Terra told her about it. Yet even he didn't seem to know how to emit it to only a single person at a time.

Regardless of being moaned at or not, the girl would smile weakly as she saw her healing had helped out the boys pains, even if he was still feeling sorry for himself. "It's okay, this stuff is all pretty weird, huh? It takes a while to get used to it, but I'm sure you'll learn how to perfect it in time!" Callie would say, trying her best to sound encouraging and motivational. She didn't want this guy to feel bad and feel like he wasn't up for all this if he wanted to be. Then again, maybe he didn't want to be in the first place... She'd never really thought about the fact of if she wanted this or not... Aside from the fact that a side affect of all of it was getting Terra back in her life, so for that reason alone she was perfectly happy with it. "No one can master something right away, everything takes time." Besides, she herself wasn't anywhere near perfect at this, it was hard to know exactly what to do, where to strike, what times to act when in the middle of a mess. It took her way too long to find that weakness that finished the fight. But all things take practice and time! She was just glad she had Terra there to protect her through it all.

"S-so what happened anyway...?" The girl would ask curiously, feeling the need to ask a few questions of her own to fill in the blanks that were left in her mind. "I got here a lil' late and that thing was already here. Did it just come out of nowhere at you or something?"

Relevant Strengths/Skills:
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Lance's expression twisted into a snarl nearly reminiscent of the grinning oni they spoke of, the likeness only aided by the red-skinned mask obscuring most of his face. He didn't like thinking ill of people, but this woman picked a bad time for interrogations.

"I know his name because he made a big show about introducing himself when he got here. I already told you the truth, but you can believe whatever you want." he growled, his words becoming more enunciated as he struggled to maintain politeness. He really wasn't fond of being rude to people--it reflected bad on one's character--but the whole good cop, bad cop thing that was going on right now was really getting on his nerves.

He shook his head at the dagger girl's comment about not being perfect. That wasn't the issue.

"Yeah, well if it wasn't for you two there wouldn't have been time to perfect anything." he responded to her encouragement, effectively shooting it down before it could even begin to have any sort of soothing effect.

"Oh quit y're damn bitchin' already! You're ffuckin' alive, nothin' elsse matterss!"

The teenager took pause at that, the harsher words cutting through the fog of negativity that clouded his mind if only for a moment. He knew she wasn't wrong, but he couldn't just think that... selfishly. Yeah, he was alive, barely, thanks to their help. What if something like this happened again, they weren't there, and the stakes were higher? What if something like that decided to attack his friends rather than him, or worse yet, his family?

That raised a ton of other questions, too. How common were these things around Endymion? Did they only come out at night, or were they just well-hidden in the recesses of the city's guise of safety? What did they want, who did they work for? There were just too many things he didn't know, and he got a strange feeling that there wouldn't be too much time to find out without further confrontation.

"Staying alive might be all that matters to you, but I've got other things--other people--to worry about. If I can't even survive a scrap with help, how am I supposed to protect them?" he snapped at the guitarist, though his tone was calmer, his words less harsh. He was calming down, but he still found issue with her. "As for what happened, I was just on my way home from playing when this thing jumped me."

He nudged the open duffel just so that roughly half of the keyboard protruded from it, its white keys glinting in the streetlights.

"Tried to lure me in, and I couldn't see it all that well at first, but then it said something about me being "one of them" and then Oniwaka showed up." he explained, giving a weak shrug. "Who are you guys, anyway? I take it you could see whatever that was as clearly as I could, so that means you've got... whatever power this is, right?"

He tried to stand straighter, with a surer posture, but he didn't feel quite back at a hundred percent. Not to mention his body was choosing now to remind him that he had a splitting headache before and up to Oniwaka's arrival, and with how late it was getting, the lack of sleep was only going to make it worse as the hours ticked by.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 am

The positivity from the exuberant little girl was beginning to make Ritsuko feel nauseous. Or maybe it was all of the motion and adrenaline working it's way through her system coupled with a stomach full of liquor and a savage beating. As much as she didn't show it the fight was nearly as taxing for her than it was for the "Devil Summoner" who claimed he wasn't. One crucial difference being that she didn't find out what the ground tasted like. Still, it could've been a very real possibility if she hadn't gotten lucky on a few occasions. While a little arrogant and more than toxic, the Hellfighter wasn't cocky enough to believe that she could just jump into a scrap without a care in the damn world and be completely fine. It took a strong appreciation for the flow of combat and acute awareness to keep out of harm's way. And tactics. Breaking her focus cost her dearly each and every time. Ritz wasn't ashamed for hanging back against a stronger opponent, the alternative was suicide and no amount of warrior's pride would lead her to kill herself because someone else called her a pussy. She wasn't fucking stupid.

A migraine began to build in her brain as the young one prattled on like she was teaching someone to ride a bike. Sickeningly encouraging. The demonic guitarist didn't think failure merited praise nor did it mean you were allowed to rope yourself off into your own little pity corner. Neither did any good. Take the good, take the bad, learn your lesson and don't fuck it up again. Or die in the street like a side-swiped raccoon. That's all there really was to it. Some lessons were hard and took more than once to learn, "Avoiding Demon Murder" was high up on that list. The sudden motion the Devil Summoner made caused the disgruntled musician to lurch back a stumbling half-step, placing both hands on her guitar and steadying her fingers to strike a chord. Even if there wasn't an immediate threat. Force of habit. Not exactly a bad one in certain circumstances. Her eye snapped down to the bag on the ground, golden orb hovering over the ivories of the instrument before returning to the repentant young man. She believed his story... partly. No one brings an instrument to a massacre except her. He likely got jumped just as he said he had. That still didn't explain his abilities... at least until the last sentence out of his mouth.

"Aaaaah ha ha ha he heeeee!" cackled the incorrigible wretch. Power. Power! That was rich! The lot of them were nothin' but a motley crew of masked crusaders running around and fighting crime for the good of the people! Up up and away! She couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it. Power. As if this was some kind of damn comic book superhero drama bullshit. Power only existed in the might of a militia or the force in charge, this was a curse. It carried a responsibility, a price that had to be paid, a stigma that marked and scalded. You trade your ignorance for misery and pain and misfortune, your soul for a death warrant. Sooner or later anyone with this "Power" would die. It was fate. They would be hunted and slaughtered by those that fear them, loathe them, or envy what they have, if not by Demons then by Man. There wasn't anything good about this, it was frankly hilarious that anyone found it so appealing to need to fight for the rest of your life for the privilege of survival.

"Aheh, who? Me? I'm no one. Nev'r have b'en! Ssomeone n' one knowss 'r caress abou'..." slurred the demonic musician, tilting her head at the liar and swaying as she hefted Aoide over her shoulder, "...juss like you'll be iff you think thiss 'ss a damn contesst an' not a ffight for y'r liffe. No one. Both 'f you." Ritsuko bent her body forward toward the bruised egomaniac and moving her gaze between the two of them, dipping just slightly too far forward to need to correct herself.
"Try protecting who'ver when y'r ffuckin' deeeaaaaad. Are you ready f'r that, huh? 're you prepared to diiieeee ffor thiss...?" Her taunts were laced with giggles and accusing growls as her voice echoed through the alleyway. Underneath her mask she wore a lopsided grin as she revealed the price for his involvement with the supernatural. Eventually everyone would die. There was nothing they could do to prevent it. Sooner... or later... something would catch up to him. That's all there was to it.

Relevant Events:

Last edited by Daichi on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:11 am

The girl would tilt her head at the boys response, she knew what he meant... Kinda. But she didn't really understand why he felt the need to say it, they were there to help out, and even if no one was here when this first all started surly he could of ran to find help? Callie could never imagine having to fight one of these things alone, she'd never had to personally at least, she'd always had someone watching her back whenever she got toe to toe with some weird creature. "Anyone is stronger with numbers..." The girl would begin, trying to think of the best way to explain the point she was trying to make without it sounding stupid or sounding rude by accident. "I doubt any of us would of been able to fight that thing alone. Teamwork is key! J-just like if there are more than one of them at a time it gets harder too..." She'd say before cautiously looking over her shoulder at where the creature had fallen, she hadn't really thought if there were any more of them around here until now. She couldn't hear anything nearby though, so that was a good sign.

The girl would stay quiet as the two continued to argue, she didn't particularly enjoy arguing, nor did she see any reason of why they had to argue in the first place... They'd won hadn't they? Mistakes may of been made and some things did go wrong sure, but in the end they'd manage to win and everyone was okay. They'd all leave here knowing new things of how to deal with situations, what is a good idea to do and what is a bad idea and should be avoided. All this arguing wasn't going to change any of that, but then again neither of them seemed like they were in the mood to listen to her point of view of all this... Everyone had their own views on things, and clearly hers weren't in the same interest as the others that she had helped. Yet it confused her with how much the guitarist was talking about protecting yourself and not doing anything stupid and sounding like she couldn't care about the whole situation... If that was all true, why did she help in the first place? W-wouldn't someone like that just had walked off from the beginning and not bothered? Callie herself helped because she wanted to make sure no one got hurt, w-which she didn't do the best job of, but she still did everything she could and they had won in the end... And that was all that mattered.

Callie would look at the guitarist as she explained who she was, or more so who she wasn't. The girl thought about saying something, but knew instantly for a fact that it would be a horrible idea to say anything right now, if ever. She was too afraid of what reaction the guitarist might have if the vixen said anything, or, well... She could still be wrong about them after all. "But... We should protect people..." The girl would say timidly at her mumble about not being able to protect people if you're already dead. "The people we protect can always protect us back in return... If you don't want to get hurt yourself, y-you shouldn't just try to stay alone. Having people to care about who care about you back makes getting through some of this much easier you know..." She'd be mostly talking to herself at this point, she wasn't looking at either of the two instead just staring off at the ground. She knew she'd probably get moaned at more for putting in her own opinion, but thinking back to all the other times she had to deal with something like this she had always had 8D and Zavie by her side. They were her friends, they were people she cared about. People she wouldn't want to ever see getting hurt. But they'd both probably feel the same way for her. And together, they were stronger. The young girl would get lost in this thought, completely forgetting that she hadn't answered the boys question of who they were herself for the moment. She wanted to get home and see 8D... She didn't want to be out here anymore...
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Lance just stared at her.

Brows drooped in an expression of exasperation, like he was trying to communicate with someone who didn't speak his language as the guitarist giggled away at his question. He had no idea what about it was so funny; sure, he might've used some cheesy phrasing in hindsight but come on. He said he was new to this and he didn't know what to call the ability to summon a giant demon--er, oni--from seemingly his own mind. The guitarist mentioned something about summoning devils, but even though he was remaining quiet Lance could feel that the being resting at the back of his mind disapproved.

The exasperated frown turned to an incredulous squint as she tried to tease them, to make it seem like they'd gotten in too far over their heads without realizing what was on the line. He might've been young, but he wasn't that stupid. He almost died, sure, but that wasn't the issue.

"That's the point!" he hissed, cringing slightly as his muscles tensed and agitated the remnants of the wounds into aching again. "Had I died here, it would've been for nothing, and not only would I have not protected anyone, I would've died while being protected by someone! It's not a contest, I don't care which of us is strongest or who's killed the most of those things or whatever, but what this whole thing has made me realize is that I can't protect the ones I want as well as I thought. I need to fix that. Quick."

He was seething now, the pounding in his skull nudged to the background as rage came back to the forefront. It was only the dagger girl's meek interjection that kept him from continuing his rant, and fortunately she was making a good point that went right along with his. He nodded once in agreement, his eyes leaving the guitarist for all of a moment to give the timid one an acknowledging glance.

"That's true. But beyond that, a belief that isn't worth dying for isn't worth believing in. There are people in my life I want to protect, because right now they're not even strong enough to protect themselves from the normal world. If stuff like this exists, they don't have a chance. But I believe that they'll grow into strength, and I want to be around to make sure they do, and to watch them do it. So while I don't give a damn about my own life, I don't intend to throw it away, either. And I almost did."

He gave an indignant huff, this time forcing himself to ignore the pain as he bent down and repacked the keyboard. In one labored motion he zipped up the bag and hefted it up onto his shoulder, tucking his revolver into the still-open side pocket and leaving it ajar.

"I don't expect you to understand, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you walk all over me. I've got work to do, and for all your poking at my flawed performance, if you're not going to help me get better, then shove off." he spoke specifically to the guitarist, starting off down the alley. He had to get home now. He paused, though, to glance at the dagger girl one last time, offering her the weak beginnings of a gentle smile. It was all he could muster in his current state. "Thanks, by the way. I do appreciate it."

With that, the teenager continued on, the long white cloth of his haori flowing behind him like a ghost in the night until he rounded a corner and his form faded from sight.

[Lance takes his leave.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm

His wrathful outburst was exactly what the leech had anticipated. She was well aware that people didn't like to be faced with hard decisions and cruel reality. Everyone would like to think they'd die for their own beliefs and some did, but no one ever contemplated just how difficult and important an event like that was. Not until it happened to them. The alternative he bespoke of was very real, he could've died here for no point, no reason, and no benefit. And it could happen next time too, or maybe it wouldn't. Every single time he decided to play this game he would be spinning the chamber on a revolver and one day his luck would run dry. Her point to make was that the quickest way to fix this little conundrum was to just not do it. This hidden supernatural world full of death, violence, and secrets? It was a domain one needn't enter at all. It was a choice to come here. Protection wasn't the issue, Endymion had it in spades. As much as she'd hate to admit it, the Cadets did a good job of protecting the citizens... at the cost of their own freedom of choice. Choices like this. The choice to die for what you believed in, to fight and kill to change the world in a way you wanted it to look and be. Whether or not he thought himself a "hero" or "guardian" sacrificing yourself to a cause was still throwing your life away, you could die at any moment. She'd made peace with that fact. There was nothing she could do to change it. Neither could he.

The hyperactive girl's timid comments cause the guitarist to frown, turning her head slightly toward her. Anyone was stronger with numbers. She hated it because it was true. The victor writes history and the majority held power. But even so numbers were the driving force, not friendship or resolve. Those helped but sometimes they could hurt. More forces to throw at a problem never had any drawbacks. She'd need to be careful as she planned things out, play people against each other. She was right, Ritz couldn't have won this fight alone, but at the same time she never had to be here in the first place and that was all the difference. Protecting people wasn't in her personally-crafted job description, the Hellfighter could give a damn whether or not anyone died as long as it wasn't her and preferably someone she was looking to slay herself if it could save her some trouble. It wasn't preferable to get directly involved with others, it was distracting and complicated things. Politics. Obligations. These were the things she knew would cause her problems down the road if she wasn't careful enough. Yet still... she was one individual. Even with her training all the planning in the world couldn't take a city. She would need help... but that would be reserved for who she knew she could rely on. Trust was a whole other story.

She would allow the "Devil Summoner" to pack his things and leave. Nothing was keeping him here and she wasn't going to get any more answers out of him that weren't beaten out, and she'd had quite enough bloodshed for one night. It was beginning to get repetitive and needless.
"'m not here t' be your ffriend..." she would rasp at the wounded ego, single eye gleaming as it challenged him before he left. The golden orb would follow him as he took what pride he had left and strut away from the two ladies to lick his wounds.
"Tch, whatev'r. Not your ffuckin' babyssitter..." grumbled the antisocial mess to his back as he left. She'd understood well enough why, but questioned it anyway. Anyone who wasn't fully committed didn't belong in this fight and she wanted to hear him say it. He'd receive that one warning, the forlorn fiend wouldn't give him another. His life was his responsibility, not hers.

Ritz allowed her arms to fall to their sides as she drifted on her feet, lurching to turn her own body in the opposite direction without falling and breaking her teeth on the asphalt.
"I don' need anyone to care..." the irritating wretch warned the energetic one, pointing her guitar at her with a challenging stare as she loped past her in staggering steps, "...an' I protec' only mysselff. I don' exsspec' any 'f thiss to be eassy..." As she passed her the guitarist swam her arm through the holding strap and broke into a jog before disappearing in a smoky after-image for half a moment, reappearing much farther down the alleyway. Unfortunately for Ritsuko, quick yet precise movement and large amounts of booze don't mix, and the drunk woman found her top half moving quicker than her bottom half. Her feet flew out from underneath her as she smacked into the ground. Propping herself up on aching elbows, the intoxicated loner scrambled to her feet with an irritated growl to enter another wavering run as she fled the scene.

Exiting Events:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 7:41 am

"Don't worry about it Cals..." Terra's voice would speak calmly to the young girl from within her mind, he could sense how nervous she was getting with all this arguing happening around her. He didn't want her to be worried about anything she didn't need to be, he was proud of her for trying to help out but right now it didn't seem as if either of them were going to listen much to reason. They had their own points, sure, but it wasn't like either of them were displaying them very well... Or at least not in the way Terra would consider 'well'. Shouting wasn't exactly the best way to think about something, it often lead you to only seeing the bad sides of situations and not even consider any silver linings that may of come from it. In the end every bad experience had something positive to learn from it. Yeah, that boy got beat up pretty bad. But know he knew he could be beaten up pretty badly by these things and he'd be more careful in the future and stop being reckless with his life if he cared about it that much. That was a simple thing to learn to follow.

For the most part, Callie listened to Terra's advice and didn't bother to chip in with her own points as the two people she'd been fighting with were still fighting between themselves. Even if she wanted to say something, she didn't know what else she could say that she hadn't said already. They were just going around in circles... She understood when someone was upset about something they liked to complain about it, b-but. Why when you've already complained about it and got a response would you just continue to talk about the same thing just worded slightly differently? It didn't really make much sense to the girl and she felt like if she did just repeat her points from before she'd get shouted at or something... She'd sigh lightly as the boy mentioned again about almost throwing away his own life. "I'm glad it didn't go that far..." She'd say meekly, probably too quiet for either of them to even hear.

At this point all the girl really wanted to do was head home, this had been a really tiring day to begin with and then she'd exhausted herself fighting that thing and now she really didn't want to stand here and listen to two people shouting. She must admit she was a little relieved when the boy started to take his leave after shouting his last remarks to the guitarist. "Huh?" The vixen would smile back weakly as he'd give his appreciation to her help, she'd nod thankful for the fact he wasn't angry at her as well before suddenly remembering something. "Oh, wait!" She'd quickly reach into her pocket and pull out the small pouch of money that creature had left behind before. "That thingy dropped this, I dunno if it's yours but it definitely isn't mine." Callie would proceed to throw the small pouch of change to the guy whilst he was still turned to face her. "I hope whatever you decide to do, you do your best. I bet you'll learn to do anything you set your mind to!"

With that she'd wave off the boy before turning and jumping at the guitarist holding her guitar up to her. "U-uhm... W-what do you mean?" She'd question confused, feeling the sudden burst of energy Terra had provided her just in case she was about to be attacked fading slowly again as it appeared to be just a threat. That woman confused her so much... A-and if she was truly who Callie thought she was she had plans to meet up with her tomorrow. Welp... That was a problem for future Callie... For right now, the girl hardly had the energy to comment on the fact the guitarist had fallen flat on her face whilst trying to quickly exit the area, all the girl wanted to worry about was getting home and falling into bed. Tonight had been completely exhausting.

[~Exit, Callie's exhausting day has come to an end~]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5