Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) Empty
PostSubject: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:04 pm

A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) 116431

Ariston sat in a modest restaurant out near the strip of San Malarus. He needed some space after everyone's business with his brother, so no one had been able to see him in school during the winter break; he had actually taken a vacation. He sat in a booth near the back and was drinking from a glass. He didn't seem to get any presence; people by now probably didn't care to talk about it. Right now, he needed silence. He just wanted to think on something for a while. Too many people have been coming up to him about that madness and other things. He simply sat there, and began to pull out a pen from his top, and pull a notepad from his pocket and jot down a few things before putting them away. He didn't seem annoyed or anything, and acted well-mannered when he ordered from the waiter. But of course, all emotions had to be kept under when you become the talk of the town for a while.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 am

Winter break had proven itself to be somewhat more exhausting than it should. Busy with New Year preparations, Shunnosuke barely had any time for himself, except maybe for one or two hours of his day. Forced to make company to his grandparents in the family's enterprise, the boy more often than not felt the need to wander outside Penecia and distract himself from his obligations.It didn't help the outskirt islands were no good for an entertainment, therefore his only choice was San Malarus. He invited some friends from his former private school to come along, but again, everybody seemed to be "busy" with other tasks — obviously, he had not believed even for a second their excuses. Still, it was better to leave it at that. Being ostracized from his own universe hurt more than it should, and at times like these the teen deeply regretted not having rebelled against his family's decision to transfer him to Zela. Once his bill was paid, he stood up and headed to the bathroom, preparing to make his way out...that is, until he saw a familiar figure. Even from behind and by distance, that hair was too familiar to not be recognized.
Ariston.
Change of plans, the bathroom could wait, after all, what are the odds? He was by himself and it wouldn't hurt to try to make the teacher see his good side once again. The teenager walked up on large yet calm strides and soon reached the man, wearing an amicable smile.

Is it too much intrusion of me if I asked to sit, teacher?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Ariston looked up at him as he took another sip before setting his cup down on the table. He did not seem to show it, but he definitely was, well, surprised to see him there. "I suppose not." He remained silent after that. It was probably by chance they met. Either that, or Shunnosuke was definitely a persistent young man. But it had been a while since they spoke. Maybe he didn't care after all. "I assume you have already eaten? I was planning to eat myself," he informed in advance. He was sure Shunnosuke figured this, but he did not exactly plan to be a babysitter. As long as he remained friendly, that would be no trouble then. "I take it you are doing well?" he asked, trying to strum up some semblance of a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 pm

I had my dinner already, you don't have to bother with that. — He would retort simply, pulling a chair in front of Ariston for himself once the man confirmed his presence wasn't unwanted at all. — Well, there isn't much going on lately to complain about and deprive me from my regular mood, thank you for asking. — Although there were some things in regards to Lewis he wanted to discuss, the teenager had other goals to aim for and took this nice coincidence as an opportunity to reach to them. — ...and you? How have you been? — Showing caution with that question, Shunnosuke didn't really want to bring up a family topic to their table. He was still more worried about having a well-known teacher on his good side than supernatural events that would stress them out, and part of it involved showing his teacher his well-being was also a part of his concern.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:45 am

Ariston looked at him and nodded. The way he answered his question seemed to be a little wishy washy. Even for someone who spoke the way he did, it seemed that other things were going on, not that he really wanted to bother, Shunnsouke was just not very fantastic at hiding it. "I am fine, thanks. Quite the coincidence you finding me here. I haven't been going out a lot this Christmas. It's rather cold for Azores this year," he said, giving an odd face down at the table at what he said. Weather has been becoming odd lately. More snow than usual, and some hotter days. Usually it was just cool around here. The waiter soon returned with his meal: a modest bowl of spaghetti and also ask Shunnosuke if he wanted anything. Ariston wouldn't stop him if he did. He put a napkin over his lap and took a single bite, being neat and polite. "But I imagine you didn't come to see me just for fun right? Students don't normally converse with teachers outside of school, at least in my experience. I assume you wanted me for something?" He wasted no time in beating around the bush. It was not hard to guess that the young man wanted something, based on the last time they spoke. He was still indifferent to him, but he was just as prepared for more questions, which he hoped were not coming.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Shunnosuke quickly dismissed the waiter, saying he wouldn't order anything else for the time being. — Very true. That may be due to hierarchy and some teachers being too intimidating to facilitate an approach outside the school. However, I'm not your student yet and I'm sure that's not your case. — Shunnosuke highlighted the word "however", releasing a confident grin. Of course, he wasn't oblivious to what Ariston truly meant and he made it sure to show the teacher he wasn't intimidated. At all. Used to deal with adults most of the time, there wasn't truly a reason for him to feel uneasy approaching an older person in a higher position, age and hierarchy were not determining factors for the young man to treat people differently...until that put him in a dangerous situation in a long run. — Don't worry, I'm not here to talk about your brother-related issues, unless you want to. In fact...I sat at a table by myself. My...friends didn't come to the meeting as I requested. — The way he smiled and hesitated a bit to use the word "friends" could show that was not the best topic for the teenager. He couldn't really call them friends anymore, could he? Shunnosuke doubted there was even a time where he could used that word to refer to them. This time, the teenager was just seeking company. — So...you don't like cold weather, I assume?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Whether he was just telling the truth or not didn’t really matter. But he was here, and he couldn’t simply shove him off. That would not be the most polite thing to do. But all his friends decided to call out for him? That was rather…unlucky if that. “I see, that is unfortunate. I do not bother asking others to join me. They probably are busy with their own things.” He took another smaller bite before pausing his meal. It had plenty of time to cool down, and for some reason he didn’t really like eating in front of others. “I am fine with the cold weather, it’s just odd to see it more cold than usual. I just think it’s a bit strange. Not often we get colder years.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone. “El Nino may make it warmer though, so maybe my memory is lacking.”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Busy...right. — He would reply, simply with a weak smile. No, he was sure those girls weren't "busy". It's something else. The teacher didn't need to know such details, though, and his conclusion was only logical for someone who wasn't aware of all factors in that regard. He couldn't blame the man for this. — I see. I hope El Niño's influence doesn't come any soon, the weather is pretty enjoyable as it is. — At least in his perception. He didn't mind the climate; in fact, the colder, the better. Not only for obvious fashion reasons, but also due to his health. Exaggerated heat has always made his blood pressure drop to abysmally dangerous levels, which was one of the reasons of why the teenager greatly disliked the summer season. — Greece is probably a hotter country than Azores, I suppose. Have you adjusted yourself well?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:13 pm

He nodded with a thin smile on his face, more genuine this time. “Agreed. This weather is rather perfect. As for Greece…” he trailed off, not exactly keen on bringing up that touchy subject. “Greece is an island essentially, but it is definitely hotter there, seeing as how Azores is in the middle of the ocean. It is a nice change of pace.” He suddenly took a sip of his drink before wiping his mouth. “It’s been rather peaceful around the islands. Everyone has now forgotten about that business some time ago. Kind of interesting,” he said, not looking directly at Shun and running a finger on his chin. He remained silent for a bit before continuing along with another subject, leaving what he just said somewhat out of place. “I take it you do other things aside from school Shunnosuke, aside from stalking future teachers of course,” he said, a curled smile growing on his lips, finding his own joke humorous though he did not laugh.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Since the teacher voiced his thoughts about how everybody "forgot" that incident related to his brother, Lewis, Shunnosuke bit his lip, tempted to say something...yet he didn't. It would bring down the mood in the table, he knew that much, and it could ruin things for him in the long run. In other news..."stalking"? It didn't have a nice ring to it, oh no. But it was a fun play of words nonetheless. No wonder it seemed like that, after his somewhat "passionate" first approach. This time, it was merely a coincidence — a very fortunate one. — I stalk other people too in my free time, though I must admit you remain as my favorite target, Mr. Ariston. — He replied with a rather stifled laughter in the end. That was his way to play along that joke, though he was moderately true in his jest. Ariston held his interest fairly well for many reasons besides being blood-related to a criminal involved in supernatural events. — Seriously now...I assist my family with their business and I take a few extracurricular classes. I don't have too much time free as I'd like to; this time of the year, though, they gave me a break so I could hang out with my former friends. — "Former" being the key word here. — I guess you've heard about the Kurosawa Inc., no? The health insurance company.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:13 am

Ariston was not sure if this man was playing at flirtation, or if he was being serious…or both. He decided not to pursue the matter at the moment. When he mentioned his “former” friends, Ariston grew a wry smile. “I take it they must have wronged you and gotten on your bad side?” He asked, but didn’t continue the subject, not exactly caring too much. But then he brought up his family company. “I have heard the name yes. I cannot say I have looked into it however. You would have to ask someone else in the medical field, I am afraid that is not my specialty.” He took another bite, before continuing. “Does it bother you being so well-known in the public? I suppose it doesn’t given how you seem to be off, but it is nonetheless curiousness on my part.”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 am

...something like that. — He smiled with no volition when Ariston posed that question. That's the best he'd say in that respect, as the fact itself was still fresh and would annoy Shun long time. While the teacher gave continuity to the dialogue, Shunnosuke made a gesture to call the nearest waiter and ask for a glass of cold water with a lot of ice. Yes, pure water. He wouldn't demand an alcoholic beverage in front of his future teacher, what would the man think? — You're right, it doesn't. Being well-known and well-connected can open the right doors and that's what I aim for. Having a big number of contacts sure makes reaching your goals easier. — He retorted, smiling with some property on his speech. Ambitious as he is, he truly believed that the more people — the important, right ones — you know, the more powerful you can be. This is part of his reason for being after Ariston; he wanted one of the most distinguished teachers in his academy to be on his good side. — However, I admit it's a nuisance being under constant scrutiny. There's nothing I can do, however, people will always talk, regardless of which world you're part of.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Ariston nodded in agreement. “That is the other edge of the sword. Having so many resources, yet being so well-known that everything you do could be twisted. Some people can walk that tightrope, though the number is few I would guess,” he said. Not many people can keep their public and personal life so separate, as people somehow always find a way to make it worse on them. Whether they did it for attention or something else didn’t justify it. “However, I would not worry. The best solution ideally is to act as though you do not care. They may shove off after some realize it doesn’t affect you. It’s an old idea that parents teach, but it really does work when paired against people who just want recognition.” He paused for a moment before looking directly at Shun. "Tell me, would you rather have this over being a normal person?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Upon Ariston's piece of advice, he had not to comment on. One thing is to not care about the nasty spread gossip about you and your family, other thing is to pretend you don't care for real. Despite Shunnosuke's attitude, he wasn't the type who didn't care when people held low opinions about him. After all, he was still a human, a social being, somewhat of a public person and sadly, his advice wasn't applicable to the material reality for a long time, simply because there was always something to talk about. People won't "shove off", they'd just seek some different thing than the previous one to cause disturbance on you, simple as that. It made sense Ariston would think like that, it may have worked for him due to recent stress he's been obliged to face, however it doesn't apply when you're constantly under spotlights past the 15 minutes of fame. When he posed a question, however, Shunnosuke answered readily.

I don't think so. — The thought of preferring another lifestyle may have crossed his mind once in a while, but it was soon discarded once the pros made them more noticeable than the cons. It was the first time this questioning was made from outside. Before he could elaborate, the waiter came back, serving him a glass of cold water as he requested, to which the boy mincingly thanked him. He took a brief sip of his glass and then addressed to Ariston. — My objectives would be harder to achieve if I were to start from below. Nobody in their right mind would trade their long-term benefits for something that you can, as you suggested, ignore such as unfounded gossip and negative surveillance, don't you think so? Wouldn't that be a contradiction?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:50 am

A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) Tumblr_ll81s1GzKA1qg5jvxo1_500

Quite the young answer from Shun. He seemed mature, but he definitely was naïve to how some may act. “You’d be surprised how many people may trade it all away just to not be criticized. It’s interesting to see sometimes. Many people really are self-conscious, and get upset when people talk of them a certain way or try to pressure them. We’re all social people.” He frowned slightly. He figured he was a little more mature, but perhaps his standards were too high, he was harsh on his own students to a similar degree. Not to mention that this man is younger. He is not at all to blame, for someone who was so interested in speaking to him. He did not exactly mind. He could agree to disagree; people were definitely different in their own right, maybe Shunnosuke just thought differently. He would not reproach him; teenagers were smarter than some adults seemed to think. Before the waiter left, he would look to him and point to Shun subtly to be polite. “Bring him a dessert or an appetizer. Whatever he wants, just make sure you don’t kill me,” he said with a chuckle. He remembered the second year ate, but perhaps this was a time to be amicable, seeing as he was eating in front of him and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)   A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke) Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Quiet" Evening (Shunnosuke)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next