Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)

Go down 
+5
Jerry
Lost
Azami
Godai
Attendant Alexander
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) Empty
PostSubject: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 pm

So ladies and gentlemen, as you all likely know or have heard. I like the Dark Souls series, I have all of the games except Bloodborne and Demon Souls. The game has had several challenges made for it, and while those interest me I got the feeling that I would offer you all an opportunity to mess with me. I was thinking about replaying through the dark souls series with challenges that you all would impose on me. You get to impose new or the same challenges for each installment of the game.

So first let us start off with what I have to do.

1. I have to explore all the levels, and fight every single boss in the game even if they are optional. (There is a caveat to this)
2. I have to abide by the rules you all impose upon me during the challenge. (Caveat here too)

Now let's talk about the caveats:

1. I am allowed to give mercy to one boss, that means I don't have to fight it if it is optional.
2. I am allowed at least 3 vetos, in case you guys come up with rules that are ridiculous and if they were to go together they would be...impossible. An example is to play without armor and use your bare fists (which deals 1-5 damage in this game...max. Against bosses with 1,000 health and resistances. No, I'm not going to punch a boss 1,000 times.)

Now as for what's on the table:

1. Limiting Gameplay mechanics (No armor, no upgrading healing items, etc.)
2. Punishment games: If you die do x amount of push-ups. In other words you're telling me to git gud or git buff. (Keep it to stuff in my room, nothing way out there, otherwise it will get automatically vetoed)
3. Use any weapon you pickup and you have to pick up every shiny you see (Note that this may be difficult if I simply cannot use the weapon. I might say that I use any weapon I pick up if I get the stats for it, and if I don't have said stats then I have to level till I have them). Creative rules like this are fine.

Now what's the point in your participation? Simple, because you all have decided to challenge me and inflict great harm and mental anguish upon me, I am going to be posting logs of my success with the run as I go.

I will post my thoughts on the challenges, how I despise some of you, and how many deaths I had in an area. This will be your reward for being a bunch of mean trolls.

So when you post, and if you want to participate, just suggest a rule and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Also if I veto your rule then you may suggest another one.

Right now let's take rules and suggestions for Dark Souls 1!
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:36 pm

Go back to hitting the books you law nerd.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Here's a rule for you:

You must git gud.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:24 am

Here's a rule! You can only use three healing items per boss. ;D
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:55 am

Godai this is only when I have time to do these things, aka late at night.

Azami, hush
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 am

My Inner Asian disapproves.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 1:08 am

Now that I got that obligatory joke out of the way, here's a real rule for you.
-You must select the Deprived as your starting class.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 4:12 am

Challenge 1 : You cannot Repair Equipment, and should your shit break, you cannot change your gear until you either die or reach the boss fog. The only Exception is weapons. But the weapon you equip HAS to be worse than the broken one. Maybe a Limit on how much Armor you can carry with you at a time would be nice as well... A test of Resourcefulness. And you have to slow roll the entire game.

Challenge 2: (For Dark Souls 2) Limited use of Human Effigies to restore Humanity. You cannot buy them, period. Same Rules apply here as the First Challenge. You can only use 1 Effigy between each Boss Fog. Alternatively, we could take this a step further and do an Undead Run. Your choice. Lol
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:10 am

NO SHIELDS OR ROLLS
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 10:56 am

Go for the git buff route:

Rule 1: You can't put any points at int or dex

Rule 2: Every time you die you have to make 10 sits up and 10 push ups

Rule 3: No chest piece armors, true men fight shirtless

PS: Don't follow Blaez's rules they're trash
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 11:53 am

I might have to adjust some rules, because....there is some conflict. I'll give this another day to see what happens.

For example no chest plate, and slow roll only is possible but in some cases it is...difficult. Also I like the multiple suggestions, just keep in mind that you have to choose one rule. For example the weapon until it breaks and then equip a worse weapon, and you have to slow roll is two types of rules.

Also the Dark Souls 2 one is cruel since there is no cap for life lost as a hollow.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Play log 1:

Bosses defeated:

Asylum Demon
Taraus Demon
Belfry Gargoyles

Deaths : 4

Rules in place for Dark Souls 1 run:

Rule 1: Every time you die you have to make 10 sits up and 10 push ups

Challenge 2 : You cannot Repair Equipment, and should your shit break, you cannot change your gear until you either die or reach the boss fog. The only Exception is weapons. But the weapon you equip HAS to be worse than the broken one. Maybe a Limit on how much Armor you can carry with you at a time would be nice as well... A test of Resourcefulness.

A few things about this one, by change my gear do you include my weapon as well? Furthermore, by worse than I assume you mean damage and I have to meet the base requirements. So I have to be able to actually use it, because weapons you cannot use are dead weight, and deal little damage. Furthermore, it is very tempting to drop bad weapons, this way I can only equip up. I assume that this is not in the spirit of the rule. Also what if the only weapon I can equip is better than the weapon that just broke, do I have to run around till I find a terrible weapon, or just go ahead and equip the good one.

Finally, I started as the deprived!

So here is a brief description of deaths.

1. Little to my knowledge because no one uses the club, the power attack is a jump attack, and this is the only weapon line that has that. So when I was trying to hit an innocent hollow, I jumped over it and fell to my death. Falling to my death is quite common.

2. Black Knight: These guys are tough, they are not meant to be taken on at a low level, but you can if you work around them enough. Unfortunately, my shield is not that great, it is better now, and the club is just atrocious. This means every single time I went to backstab it, instead I smacked it with the club. So then it smacked me and killed me.

3. Havel: Lots of HP for a low level to fight along with physical defense, if he hits you then you die in one shot. So, this is something for more experienced players to do, and I can do it. I haven't played Dark Souls 1 in forever, so I need to get an idea on the pace and timing. I need to refamilarize myself with everything once more.

4. Enchanted Hollow: This hollow was buffed by a creature known as a Channeler, it does a little dance and buffs all nearby enemies, and those enemies turn into two-three shotting monsters, even if they use broken swords. I missed a swing with the club, and it smacked me a few times and killed me.

5th unofficial death: I got invaded, which surprised me honestly, and I looked at the invader. This was the person who invades with a twinked character, meaning that they have top tier gear but their level is like 12. Their stats are likely adjusted too. So, he approaches me and uses a spell called great combustion, which is a fast casting heavy damage spell. AKA it one shot me, and this is a spell you don't get till blightown, or another 10-15 levels, and it is taught by a special teacher who requires you to make some investment into another item before even appearing. Finally, he had the crown of dusk, which you don't get till after you beat the Hydra, and that takes you some time to do so. You cannot do this at a low level, or my level. Sooo, everything about that invader was suspicious.

My thoughts: The not changing equipment or gear until I die is a bit rough, especially if I cannot change a weapon until it breaks. The biggest problem I have with this is the fact that the club is just terrible. It takes the stamina of a great weapon, and if you miss then your character has to stumble forward as though he tripped over a rock. You cannot do a single thing during this time, and Azami made me start with one of the worst weapons in the game. Which is likely why I named the character DANKNEWARCANA. Because we are so deprieved it is only fitting. But this club has some benefits, like magically hitting two people at once, when it clearly only hit one, or magically killing a person that is two or three feet away......

This weapon is so strange, and I want me greatsword back. I want something that isn't terrible. Someone help me...please, anything but this weapon.

Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Attendant Alexander wrote:
1. Little to my knowledge because no one uses the club, the power attack is a jump attack, and this is the only weapon line that has that. So when I was trying to hit an innocent hollow, I jumped over it and fell to my death. Falling to my death is quite common.

Unfortunately, my shield is not that great, it is better now, and the club is just atrocious. This means every single time I went to backstab it, instead I smacked it with the club. So then it smacked me and killed me.

The biggest problem I have with this is the fact that the club is just terrible. It takes the stamina of a great weapon, and if you miss then your character has to stumble forward as though he tripped over a rock. You cannot do a single thing during this time, and Azami made me start with one of the worst weapons in the game.

This weapon is so strange, and I want me greatsword back. I want something that isn't terrible. Someone help me...please, anything but this weapon.

Can you hold off on sobbing uncontrollably for a bit? I need to properly position my glass underneath you so that when you start crying your delicious tears will fill it up for my drinking pleasure.

Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) 118082159
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 9:17 am

Azami Aihara wrote:

Can you hold off on sobbing uncontrollably for a bit? I need to properly position my glass underneath you so that when you start crying your delicious tears will fill it up for my drinking pleasure.

Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) 118082159

Tears? What tears? I'm used to the club now! I just killed havel, and two black knights with it. I'm heading toward the moonlight butterfly, and eliminating another black knight. Furthermore, I will likely end up fighting the capra demon too!
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:13 pm

2. Black Knight: These guys are tough, they are not meant to be taken on at a low level, but you can if you work around them enough. Unfortunately, my shield is not that great, it is better now, and the club is just atrocious. This means every single time I went to backstab it, instead I smacked it with the club. So then it smacked me and killed me.

Perhaps you need to watch of these freaking scrub

Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) Sketch74233521-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)   Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kahn's terrible idea (Aka help me git better at Dark Souls)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next