Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) Empty
PostSubject: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 pm

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) Vp7qfc

Morning broke in through the windows, its rays forced Maria to wake up. As usual, the morning clock failed to ring. At this point she wasn't even surprised, but at least the sun was a suitable substitute. After cleaning herself up for the day, she could be seen donning the same religious habit from last night. There were morning chores to be done and prayers to be said before the new Cadet can head out to Class Zero.

Maria once decided to get the Mother Superior ready for the daily rituals, but the reeking scent of alcohol and her disheveled slumbering form caused the girl to change her mind out of disgust. This scene was familiar, but continued to surprise her. While competent in the Church's management somehow, Louise had always been quite the slob.

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) AeTg4ev

"Give us this day our daily bread..."

The prayer trickled out of her lips as she knelt in the midst of the chapel room. Only the shine of sunlight through the stained glass windows and the dim candlelight allowed enough visual acuity to navigate through the pews. The comely statue of Isla stood before her as she prayed with the cross above its head. The room was empty, save for Maria kneeling. Chores were finished in a timely manner, thanks to the fact she did them last night before bed.

And without these obligations, she continued to pray...
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:24 am

Though Endymion was known to many as "the city that never sleeps", Cecilia had always found its mornings to be quite peaceful. The early emergence of the sun's light, the quiet departure of the darkness of the night before... And on top of it they always brought with them the most tranquil silence. Even her home district of Suzie Q, always full of energy and booming with music, grew hushed and still with the triumphant arrival of dawn. On nice mornings like these there were many places to reflect, but out of all of them Cecilia preferred the church in Sunlake Palms the most; as a devout follower of Isla it was only natural. What better place was there to find peace than within its holy walls?

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) CfC77KOUYAAPdr4

Entering through the doors, the girl would proceed down a path she knew all too well until she reached the chapel room. Cecilia slowly began to walk forward toward the towering statue of Isla that sat in the center of the room only for her feet to suddenly come to a stop as she noticed a woman kneeling before it. From the looks of it she was in the midst of prayer; for a brief moment Cecilia considered taking a place alongside her and joining in, but ultimately she decided against it. She had no right to interrupt the blue-haired woman's communion with the Goddess of Endymion, so she'd simply watch patiently from afar for the time being. Hopefully she hadn't made too much noise back when she first entered the room.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 4:00 am

Maria had been fervently praying to the statue with her words flowing from her lips as smoothly as a trickling river. She needed to stay calm this morning, being the first day as an actual Cadet. It had been a very hectic last night after having forced to fight a real demon as a test. While she had been offering her prayers to the motionless statue, Maria could hear someone entering the area with her hearing. A visitor? Not many people come in here at this time of day, except for the most devout few. And even so, it was still a very early morning by many standards. Either way, Maria was more or less done.

She finished and then started to rise onto her feet. Upon turning, the appearance of a cute young woman greeted her. What a great morning to start off with, another one who made her self-conscious about her own looks as if Brittany wasn't enough. The nun smiled at her nevertheless. She was a guest, of course, and she hasn't done anything to warrant any misgivings.

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) Tmj2NgJ

"Hi. Welcome to the Church of Isla. Did you come here to pay your respects to Our Lady?"
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:22 am

Smiling back at the nun, Cecilia would nod her head in response to the question. "Yes. That is indeed the case." She answered studying the woman intently with her eyes. Though she had been attending the church for quite a while now, she didn't recall ever seeing her before. Perhaps it was mere coincidence that they hadn't met until this moment or maybe they had crossed paths before and simply didn't recognize each other. The latter didn't seem too unlikely. After all, there were many faces that gathered at the Church of Isla and memorizing them all was a fool's errand. Whatever the case, the blue-haired woman was an unfamiliar sight.

"I don't believe we've met before. I'm Cecilia. Judging from the attire, I take it you're a nun here?"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:54 am

Maria smiled and clapped her hands together cheerfully. Indeed, this was another member of the faithful. Of course, the nun-in-training didn't exactly make a whole lot of appearances to many outsiders within the Church. Mostly because she spent most of her waking hours working on chores for the establishment, getting the lazy Sister to do her work, and a lot of self-training to prepare her very body and mind for her job as a Cadet. So she didn't have much of an appearance in the Church. Perhaps some people may have seen her, but Maria never had much of a presence anyway.

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) XIjuMNm

"Hahaha. No, we haven't. I'm Maria, I'm just a trainee here. It's nice to meet you, Miss Hunt. You've come at a pretty early time. Do you come here regularly, by any chance?"

She had giggled gently and allowed her clasped hands to fall separate to her sides and reconnect behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

"Trainee, huh? Well regardless of whether you're a nun yet or not, dedicating yourself to the Queen is quite noble. It must be a wondrous experience." Cecilia would comment offering praise unto Maria. To walk the path of a holy woman and devote yourself to Isla... It was the opportunity of a lifetime. She was somewhat envious of the blue-haired woman, but at the same time she was happy for her. "I try to come here at least every morning. If I'm not able to make it for some reason I come back later in the day, although it doesn't feel quite the same when I do. I suppose that's just a natural result of breaking routine though."

"You were pretty immersed in prayer when I arrived. Forgive me if I'm overstepping my boundaries, but was it about anything in particular?" Cecilia asked with curiosity in her eyes. She recalled a frightening terrorist attack on the night of the divide's anniversary. Perhaps Maria was worried about that?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Noble and wondrous? Maria thought back at the time, way before her grueling training, of when she had to lie down on that operating table. She also remembered fighting her first demon last night. It was nerve-wracking and gut-wrenching... yet exhilarating. Later that night after the battle, she found the feeling sickened her. She only continued to smile towards her guest while nodding at every word the girl had to say.

"Ahaha. Of course, that's why it's called routine in the first place. It is quite the pain to re-adjust," Maria agreed with her readily, "Don't worry about it, I was just finished when you came in. It's nothing special. Some mundane hopes and requests nothing too important. And a bit about the attack earlier."

Her job as a Cadet was certainly hardly mundane by every means. But Cecilia didn't need to know this part about her. No one else needed to know. Maria didn't want praise or attention. She just wanted to go on her way, the girl never deserved such things.

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) XIjuMNm

"Do you usually come here alone?"

It was a faint curiosity. Perhaps if she had family that also shared the same beliefs, maybe Maria could identify that family. Though she has hardly heard about the Hunt's.
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:13 pm

"I see." So she had been correct in her assumption then. Figured. Cecilia herself had been worried about it somewhat too, especially since it had happened in her home district. Nevertheless, she trusted in the Queen and the Cadets to keep her and those around her safe. They had done so on that night and they'd do so again. No terrorist could possibly hope to defeat the guardians of the city, after all. The fact that he hadn't managed to kill even one of his hostages demonstrated that fact perfectly.

"Sadly so. My parents are among the faithful, but they've been rather busy lately. It's difficult to find a time when we can all come as a family."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:22 pm

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) Tmj2NgJ

"Ah. Is that so? I know, people can be busy at times," Maria's smile turned more gentle and understanding as she nodded again. People had their own busy schedule. Yes, it was great to give respects to the Savior. But current obligations have much heavier weight and more instantaneous consequences. "At least we're always open when you need us, hahaha..."

It made her remember how her parents were so busy and usually Maria had to lead her siblings to the morning mass alone before the Eternal Divide. It was rather nostalgic. How lucky was this girl to still have her family, it was a tender thought. The nun had been willing to make her own sacrifices to protect something as fragile and important like this.

Maria had her suspicions given her beliefs, but it was nice to try to ask to be certain, "Are you attending the Seven Stars Academy too?"
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 am

"Mhm. I'm a first year with the Helper Sorority. It's pretty exciting to be going there." Generally speaking Cecilia didn't like change that much. Unless something was wrong with the current order of things she saw no real point to deviating from the status quo. It was an uncomfortable, odd experience that replaced the old and comfortable with the new and unpredictable. But attending Seven Stars Academy? That was a change in her life she was more than happy to embrace. As for why, her friends were attending there, although that wasn't the main reason she was so excited about it. No, no. It ran much deeper than that.

"I know this is going to sound a bit conceited, but I always liked to think of myself as a special person, y'know? Maybe it's me just getting my hopes, but..." She paused with a contemplative look in her eyes before shrugging and dropping the subject. "Anyway, you said you were attending too, right? Are you a first year like me?"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 3:18 pm

School life, that was something Maria didn't expect to get after these five years. She had thought that after her training and preparation that she would immediately be mobilized to be used as an unit that served the Queen. At best there was one of the nuns who was willing to tutor her to keep her up to date on her education. But after attending her first day at school, it was rather nice compared to being alone in that cramped basement.

"There's nothing wrong in thinking like that from time to time. But it does mean you have to work very hard to prove it," Maria said to her. She seemed to have some kind of confidence in herself, another thing to direct her envy too. "Mhm. I'm a third year. I'll be graduating soon enough and hopefully I'll become an actual nun. Assuming I don't get into too much trouble, heh."

By trouble, she meant the kind of work the Cadets had to deal with. Maria didn't have much hopes that she'd last that long. But at the very least the surgery done on her body could bring up a new generation of people capable of fighting off demons.
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 am

"True. Though hard work isn't really the sole factor, is it? It's partially a matter of luck from what I've heard. Although I have always been somewhat lucky..." Whatever Cecilia was talking about, she was clearly excited by the prospect of it, although her voice took a strangely melancholic tone when she mentioned her supposed good fortune. Nevertheless, it didn't last long and soon she returned to her previously sunny disposition. "I guess that makes you my upperclassmen then. Out of curiosity, are you a part of any sororities?" Part of her was tempted to suggest Maria join the Helper Sorority, but she was mostly just asking out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Maria nodded in agreement. Some people had all the luck and talent, while others had absolutely nothing. It's this little factor that caused much antagonism between those with luck and those without it. For her she may have been lucky to be able to take on Andraste. But on the other hand, she was forced to rely on it. She noticed a slight change of expression on the girl, but didn't bother to question it yet since it didn't seem to important. "...sort of. I started one for the Tea and Crumpets club, a club on British culture. But I never had anyone try to join it...
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 2:34 am

"O-Oh... I see."

She wanted to say more in response, but she wasn't quite sure what the appropriate reaction to this situation was. Part of her felt like offering to join the sorority herself, but Maria probably didn't want people coming to it out of pity, and beyond that Cecilia had her hands full already with the Helper Sorority. "Well I'm sure somebody out there'd be more than happy to join your club. How long has it been around anyway; did you establish it recently or...?"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 2:59 am

Maria shrugged. She didn't mind it all too much in all honesty. It just gave her a free room to mess around in. "Mhm. It's rather new, not that old. So I'm not too surprised by the lack of members, but I feel like it won't have any any time soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)   A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Visitor For The Devout (Cecilia)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next