Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) Empty
PostSubject: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:40 am

"Hm... Archaic, yet pretty, is this all they have in this city?"

The good Professor lifted his mask to take a bite from his ice cream sandwich... It tasted like chemicals and preservatives with a hint of vanilla and chocolate chip cookie. Ah a marvel of science... with the sweet, heavenly taste of artificial flavorings and colors gracing his mouth, J stared up at the rather impressive consolations on display...  None of them seemed even remotely familiar to the seasoned man of science. It truly began to sink in how different this place was. He was somewhere completely new and frankly for the first time in a very long time... He felt a purpose.

"At least the laws of physics seem the same.."" he would say quickly before pulling his gas mask back down. "Though to be honest I haven't really tried yet so... Who knows?"

Without so much as a declaration of intent the odd tall man would leap up on to a nearby bench and proceed to unwrap one of his many ice cream sandwiches. He would then drop it and the wrapper, that he crumpled into a tightly packed ball, at the same time and was satisfied when they hit the ground nearly simultaneously. "Well... At least that remains the same. Though I will need to test more... Hmmm I'll need help. Excuse me sir!" forgetting his mess completely the masked man would approach a, seemingly, random passer by "Excuse me sir, may I have a moment of your time?"

What this passer by would do in response is still up in the air... Unlike that ice cream...
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 am

Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) O56non

~ Physics... How does it work? ~

Taking a leisurely stroll through the various areas around Endymion was something Oswald found himself doing quite often as of late. Sitting around at home and chatting with Belle was nice and all, sure, but the mercenary had never been much of an indoors man. After his visit to the R&D Park, where he had met Gabriel, Oswald had gone straight back to the new office to meet up with his sister. She certainly had patched the place up quite a bit already, and when Oswald had arrived, he asked her to take a break from all the work. There was no need to stress out too much over it at the moment, and a trip to the R&D Planetarium seemed like a nice place to take a break. It was her idea, after all.

Shortly after they arrived, a strange, masked man approached the two, posing a question to Oswald. "Hm? What do you need?" If it was something small that didn't demand much effort, then he could perhaps help out. Belle looked on curiously on the side, not really talking much unless spoken to.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:45 am

"Well my young lad," J prepared his best poker face, momentarily forgetting that he was wearing a mask."My name is Professor J, and I am a researcher for a small lab located about four PUs away from here. I came to this site to preform some basic tests on differing gravitational fields! However I am in need of some assistance, and seeing as how I recently parted ways with my assistant due to a disagreement. As I am sure you can guess why I have approached you at this point I will cut to the chase,"

He would pause for a moment as he reached into his coat pocket and produced two icecream sandwiches still in wrapper, both still surprisingly cold given how they had been stored. "In payment for your services in a few simple and quick experiments I will gladly gift you these Ice Cream Sandwiches! One for you and one for you, I assume, sister!" J would spin slightly before presenting the two with the treats, trying to add a little flare to his pitch. "After all! What could be better on a day as beautiful as this, then science and a snack?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 pm

"O...k... Nice to meet you... doc." Was this guy a complete lunatic? Oswald looked at the good professor with a raised eyebrow, sceptical of all this. Sure, he could get behind the whole "Do it for science" mentality this man seemed to have going for him... but really. There was something awfully eccentric about the guy. "Well, if you're gonna talk to us, might as well not hide your face behind that mask..." Belle said, puffing up her cheeks before reaching out to remove it from his face. Oswald did agree with his sister on that front, but... her course of action could've been better. But what was done, was done. He couldn't have stopped her even if he wanted to. Belle could be extremely forceful when she really wanted to.

"Uuh... Sure..." Oswald replied with an awkward shrug. Not necessarily the payment he liked, but it would be very... uh... rude to the good professor if he just left. He'd give him the benefit of the doubt, even though Professor J was clearly on the slightly insane side from what the Schritt Siblings had seen of him thus far.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 8:34 am

"Oh wonderful, you are doing both the world and myself a great service this..." Professor J would start rather jovial, after all these find children seemed more then happy to aid him in his work which meant it would undoubtedly go much much faster, however his mood soured quite noticeably when the younger sister went for his gas mask. "Excuse me Miss, but don't you find that to be rather rude? While it is an astonishingly  fashionable and frankly "Radically Cool", as they say, gas mask, I do wear it for a reason. Firstly I am a hypochondriac, and second I'd rather not pick up any nasty bugs that may or may not be floating in the air." The professor would slowly lean back away from the young woman's reach until she ether gave up or he was forced to step back.

"Now then lad,"[/"color] J would reach into his labcoat and produce a small rubber ball about the size of a golf ball and hand it to Oswald. Should Oswald take it, Professor J would nod and pull a stop watch, a small pad of paper and a pen from deeper within his coat. "I just need you to drop the ball and let it bounce twice. Meanwhile I will record the time and height of each bounce. Now you may be worried that these tests may not be intellectually stimulating, but do not worry. Complexity comes to those who wait."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Were they? Was this really that important? It certainly didn't seem that way at first glance. "You're... welcome...? I guess...?" Oswald replied, sort of bewildered by the eccentric, almost borderline flamboyant mannerisms of the professor. He was clearly not used to dealing with these kinds of people. And neither were Belle.

"Ohhh... Come on, lemme see your face, at least?" The girl puffed up her cheeks, very much like a young child whom couldn't have what she wanted. Sometimes, it was hard to believe that she was in fact turning 17 in 5 months. When she heard about the hypocondrinism (is that a word? If it isn't, it is now, sush), her hand stopped grasping for his mask, as she gave him a slight look of guilt. "Ohh... I'm sorry, sir... I didn't know..." Well, how was she? At least now, Belle had learnt her lesson. Oswald's gaze drifted over to the strange contraption that the Professor probably built himself. It did look quite complex at face value. Then again, Oswald had never been much of a tech-savvy guy. He prefered the Hands-on methods much more than fancy nicknacks and doodads.

The Mercenary blinked for a moment as a small ball made of rubber was presented to him by the doctor. He took it with a look of sceptisism before heeding to the instructions given to him by the good professor. "Seems simple enough. Sure." He nodded in confirmation. "Alright. I'm ready when you are, doc."
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:43 pm

"It is quite alright my dear, you had no way of knowing. Truly I know it would do no true harm to remove my mask, yet my phobia and mental distress prevents my logical mind from doing so. Such is life I suppose." The Professor would chuckles slightly as he sat on the ground before Oswald, stop watch in one hand pen in the other ready to write. "Very well my young friend. Please drop the ball once you have readied yourself for the sudden onslaught of science that is about to unfold!" J was giddy with excitement, he hoped that whatever he found through this very simple experiment would give him a bit of insight on the way this world functioned. How would he find that out from the dropping of a small ball? Science... Theoretical Science.

J watched as the ball fell and hit the stop watch when it made it's first bounce, then again with it's second and third. J nodded briefly before jotting a few numbers down on his note pad and scrambling to his feet "Wonderful simply wonderful! It seems the acceleration of gravity is largely unchanged, perhaps a little less intense if anything. Now this next test is very simple, I need you to take the ball and roll it across the floor-eh... Oh... I forgot to ask your names! Please forgive my rudeness, Mr. and Miss....?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 7:33 am

"Still... I'm so sorry..." The teenager replied. Her expression would soon however turn from a guilty one to one of child-like curiousity, as she crouched down next to the good professor. "Hm? Alright. Are you ready?" Time to do some science. Oswald looked at the small rubber ball in his hand, and counted down. He knew enough about these scientific procedures that countdowns would be necessary. "On the count of three. One... Two..." One last look between him and his sister before the ball slowly slipped out of his hand. "Three."

"Hm? Sure. Why not?" What was the harm? It was probably worth the ice-creams if nothing else... Belle would surely be happy to eat both of them anyway. "I'm Oswald Schritt, and this is my younger sister, Belle." His sister waved towards the professor with a bright smile. "Hiiii~! Nice to meet you!" Oswald offered the professor a handshake. "Indeed. It's nice to meet you, professor...?" After introductions were made, He'd pick up the small ball again, and followed the other's instructions. "You ready?"
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:04 pm

"Well Mr. and Miss. Schritt, I will see to it that you both receive the credit you so righteously deserve for the contributions you are both making to modern science!" J bowed deeply to the pair of siblings and hoped they accepted his show of gratitude. "I am very glad to have made both your acquaintances. You see I will be staying in this town for the foreseeable future to continue my work, and wouldn't you know it, it completely slipped my mind to even book ahead a place to live!" J couldn't help but laugh at his supposed social incompetence.

"Oh but you don't want to hear my tale of woe. We are here to do SCIENCE! Please when you are ready roll the ball, we will be testing if friction functions the same way here that it dose elsewhere." Should Oswald roll the ball, Professor J would watch it intently and note it's every turn. "Fascinating..."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Was this man for real...? He forgot to book a place to live? Well, if he's a scientist, then... maybe that's understandable to a degree. A lot on the man's mind and all that, being constantly busy with work and whatnot. "Do you have a way to solve your current predicament?" Belle asked in a slight tone of worry. "We'd offer a place for you to sleep at least... if the office wasn't in the condition it is in now... It's not gonna be done until next week, at the earliest. And we don't have any room to spare right now." The two made accomodations in a small hotel room for the time being, until renovations were complete. "I'm sorry to hear that, Professor." Oswald replied after hearing the man's troubles. He wasn't as concerned as his sister, but he could at least see why she was. Despite being what he was, Oswald's not a completely heartless man. He's just... a bit more rough around the edges than most.

"Alrighty then. On the count of three." and the procedure was repeated once again, this time with Oswald rolling the ball instead. He felt a bit silly doing this... but as the good professor said... it was all in the name of science. So while it seemed very simple, he didn't argue.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

"That is quite disappointing... Oh well, I suppose I will have to pin all my hopes of living with a roof over my head on my assistant, wherever she is..." J sighed slightly as his thoughts were pulled to Kay. Come to think of it he hadn't seen her sense he got here. Perhaps he should be worried about that... Naw she's a strong independent woman, she'd probably be offended more at the fact that he was worrying about her. "Regardless I am greatfull for the consideration. Most would be put off almost completely by a stranger in a mask, however you both seem quite generous despite not having much yourselves, it is an admirable trait."

After finishing up his notes on the test he would pick the ball up and return it to his coat. "Very Good! Very Very good! Now we must preform one final test in order to establish a base line. I will need you to take this stop watch and run to that trashcan and back as fast as you possibly can. I will be standing here with this second stop watch standing still. This will test general relativity in this area."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:37 am

"I'm sorry..." Belle replied with a guilty look on her face. The girl honestly wished they had room to spare, but alas, they didn't. "Don't beat yourself up over it, Belle. I'm sure he'll find a good solution to this." Oswald said with a pat on his sister's shoulder, his tone reassurring. One of the rare times he actually was quite soft was when his sister was concerned. After all, she was all the family he had left. And as such, the two had to take care of eachother. Perhaps he could get a little bit over-protective at times, but he didn't wish his sister to get in any harm or trouble. "It's no big deal. I've been in a similiar, if not worse, situation than you're in right now, so I can relate." Yeah... those first few weeks without a home had been the toughest in his life. Wandering around on the streets of Berlin, trying to get as much money and food as he could to support both himself and his sister while constantly being on the run... It wasn't easy, but they made it through that ordeal, which in turn, made them stronger.

"Alright then." Oswald took the stopwatch, looking down on it for a second, before his eye met with the Good professor's once more. With a light nod, he got himself ready. "You ready? In three... two... one..." In one motion, Oswald pressed the start button on the stopwatch as he dashed off towards the trash can, circled around it before finally returning to the good proffessor, stopping the timer the moment he stood next to the professor. "So. How did I do?"
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 am

"Wonderful! Simply wonderful! I could not have asked for a better assistant in these trials." J took the watch back from Oswald and inspected it to his own for a moment. Seemingly satisfied with the answer the pocketed the two and nodded solemnly"Fascinating... You see these Watches are accurate to the Pico Second and as such are very sensitive to fluctuations in the passage of time due to differences in speed. Should they show any difference I should be able to calculate the local speed of light. From there I can reset my constants and be well on my way to setting a proper baseline for the physical properties of this city! Oh what fun!" J laughed heartily to himself for a moment before once again producing the Frozen treats he promised the pair.

"As promised here are your rewards for being so helpful and taking time out of your day for the betterment of mankind." J would hand Bella hers first before happily giving Oswald his. "Now then! I do believe I must be going, I have to meet with another colleague of mine to discuss my findings. I do hope we can meet again Miss and Mr.Schritt. Which I do believe is a hope that will someday come to fruition." With a bow The good Professor would turn and take his leave offering a curt wave to the pair as he walked away.

~~~

A good ten minutes later the Professor would be seated under one of the many trees in the R&D Parks courtyard fiddling with the watch he had given to Oswald. After a bit of working with the back cover with a screwdriver, he popped it off and examined the strip of what appeared to be simple litmus paper he had stuck in the back."Pink... Hmhmhm... Crossed One.... Fascinating."

{Exit}
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:25 am

"Ah. They're that precise?" Oswald returned the stopwatch to the professor. Well, this was certainly interesting... As to why he was asking what the local speed of light was... Shouldn't it be the same all over the world...? And even if it wasn't, the difference would be miniscule. Unless of course, you had other mediums like water to toy around with... Not that Oswald really cared much. So long as the sun was still burning out there in space, he didn't really care for much of this stuff. While interesting to some, Oswald was certainly not a science person. And the same could be said for Belle to an extent.

"Mhm! I hope so too! Thanks, Professor!" Belle said with a smile, as the scientist left the area. "I'm sure we will. Now take care." It didn't take long for his sister to scarf down on her "reward". Not that she did much, but hey, whatever made her happy. Oswald hadn't eaten any ice cream for years... maybe just this one time, he actually had the will and time to consume the cold treat. It had melted a slight bit, but not enough for it to be any messier than normal. "Shall we move on?" He asked his sister, with a light smile. "Yeah! I don't wanna miss anything more!"

~Oswald and Belle has left the scene~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Oswald and J have established a social link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)   Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald) Empty

Back to top Go down

Physics... How dose it work. (Oswald)
Page 1 of 1