Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Evening Chill [Alec]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alec

Alec

The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evening Chill [Alec]   The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:47 pm

The silences were longer as certain subjects began to shut down. Alec wasn’t sure if he was saying the wrong things or if they were simply running out of things to say. The man next to him seemed either be getting lost in thoughts or shutting down. Alec admitted he could be a bit straightforward and he would also admit he probably did unintentionally step on toes; however, if the other party didn’t let him know in some way that he was doing something wrong, the young man was often left a bit stunned when the said party unexpectedly blew up.

Now for this guy with him, Alec picked on various signs that perhaps what he was saying was not going according to whatever the guy was looking for. It was a bit distressing to see him putting more weight on the other and as a result, Alec would glance over at the other with a tilted head and a small frown asking without words what the problem was; however, whether the other would even take note of the look or answer the silent question was left up in the air.

In any case, the mood did not lighten as the other made a comment about people observing making it seem that he did not take any pleasure in act at all. As he heard the words and the ones that followed, the young man would fold his arms as he bowed his head in thought. “I suppose so…” he would say before trailing off a bit. The guy had a point. One really couldn’t tell what was going happen with another and the at the end of the day everyone was left to adapt to what may come. Whether things went well or not, things always changed.

From here the conversation would be on and off for the most part and even when the other gave a frown to a particular set of words, Alec did not push for the why behind it. It wasn’t that he was trying to be anti-social or not nosy, but rather he found that at this point some things had met their limit and unless the other was commenting or questioning it, the subjects at hand could be left alone for now. Besides, sometimes silence was better than poking into something that could potentially be uncomfortable or not exactly best to share at the moment. So for now, Alec let the silence stay.

Ah. Yes. Soulmates.

“No. I actually don’t see it that way thanks to the fact that there are so many people out there. If you’re focused and locked onto one road looking for Mr. or Mrs. Perfect For Me, then you’re automatically setting yourself up to fail. You could be sitting right next to your soulmate and not even know it with that narrow sort of view,” Alec would say as his eyes gazed out at the city around them; however, his eyes would return back to the other as he gave a simple answer to the whole ‘what’s the issue” question when it came to dates. At first Alec thought to say something about this, but for the moment he held his tongue finding the timing for prying just not right for some reason. Instead, he would observed the other for a moment in a calm way leaving his thoughts a mystery to the other.

That was until of course the other seemed to flare up a bit when it came the subject of games. They would have a stare off, defiant violet eyes meeting those fiery golden ones. He would keep the gaze unflinching and unblinking waiting to see just what the other would say. When he finally did get an answer a bit later, Alec would finally blink as the other looked away. “Uh-huh,”

The response was simple and surprisingly calm suggesting that either Alec was not afraid of what was to come or perhaps he had lost his own version of interest when the other decided to chill out. After all, what fun was a game if the target of said game was going to let themselves be easy prey? Yes, Alec could be quite the handful and even cruel by some standards, but even so he still had some rules that kept him in check.

Speaking of checks and balances…

When it came to the other’s reaction to his words, the young man remained in his relax state as he listened to what he heard. As the other ended his speech, Alec would let out a low hum that seemed to release some of his tension and annoyance.

"And yet you do the same." Guess there was no true control of instinct was there? Alec would take off his glasses and fold them a bit so that he could hook them easily enough to his shirt as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"No, observing won’t help you figure me out any better; however, I don’t exactly see the need to open up when I feel like I am being attacked. Yeah sure. You might’ve meant it in another way or what not, but that is not how I heard it. On instinct, I retaliated back. Honestly, if you want a better reaction and actually want to know me perhaps not seeming so aggressive can help a bit. It’s just a suggestion, but the more gentler approach sometimes works better. Especially when you come across those like me that will lash back. I give you what you give me,” he would say before pausing as he let out a lighter sigh and sat back seeming a bit tired. “…Sorry if I caused you pain with that one….” he would say after a moment in calm tones as the coldness around him melted.

People were a tricky thing and while Alec could handle most, he simply did not know how not to trigger that this one. It seemed that no matter what he did, he would only fall into a hole. Maybe even the apology was a mistake. He didn’t know anymore. What he did know is that it left him conflicted and very unsure of what to do anymore…But then again maybe that is where the other wanted him to be...

The guy didn’t make things any clearer or easier with the look given or the words spoken. As Alec heard the words, he would be silent for a moment as he observed the other with a unreadable expression as he kept his arms crossed. After a moment, he would begin to speak.

“If it really didn’t matter so much then I think you wouldn’t have started it at all,” Alec would lean his head back and look back at the sky. “Look. I am sure whatever I say or do won’t matter….and to be honest, being a stranger I wouldn’t blame you for just walking away at this point; however, if you have stuff weighing you down and want someone to listen then just let it out….”

Alec would finish his voice trailing off at the end. The words were spoken in a soft manner that suggesting that despite what was going on, the young man was truly being genuine with his words. He wasn’t trying to hurt the other or force him to do what he didn’t want to. He just…Heh…Did it even matter anymore?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Chill [Alec]   The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Well, whatever the other was thinking, this wasn't really about the conversations doing something wrong. It was just a combination of the fact that he was not the most talkative person in the world to begin with, and not finding any reason to truly respond to topics that were starting to sound very vague. It felt redundant, and even sort of uncomfortable to try and keep them going by some random insert, thus he would rather choose to be silent. It's not like the other guy couldn't have attempted to keep the talk afloat despite that, but he personally couldn't bring himself to stir things around just because right now.

In lieu of the questioning frown, he would simply shake his head. Making it seem like something is possibly wrong would hardly inspire him to talk more. Likely, he'd just get even less outspoken. Was that a form of defiance? Who knows, but he could honestly see enough wrong himself, and it never quite pleased him or made him feel better when someone tried pointing at it too. Makes for a reminder that he would gladly pass on most of the time...

The next time he'd speak up would be towards the topic that was still going decently. ''Perhaps. Although, narrow view or not, you could always end up not noticing the right person even when they're under your nose. Sometimes, the timing just isn't right for it to work, even if it could have in different circumstances.'' It's easy. All it takes is a wrong take off and first impression due to whatever reason, and it may just never get back on the right track again. Admit it or not, everyone considers the person based on the impression they happened to form of them to some extent.

Since he wasn't really in the mood to pursue the 'game' further at the moment, he wouldn't say anything towards the sound he received. What was there to say anyway? It didn't feel appropriate to do it in any case.

The corner of his lips would twitch slightly. ''Who doesn't. I think everyone acts like a hypocrite sometimes. I don't think I've ever met someone who hadn't....'' Still, it was a pain when it came out in negative lights...which it often did during any kind of argument or clash. Sadly, he could say he had the experience to claim so. Which was likely nothing to be proud of. He would just look away from the guy. ''Then this probably won't work...'' Sure, he knew his approach was kind of the problem here, but he wasn't quite capable of changing that on spot. Just like the guy said, acting on instinct goes a long way. He was far from a good match for someone that would lash right back instead of having some patience with him, at least. Likely, he would always calm down eventually, even if this happened...but when the other side immediately turned to somehow fueling the situation, it wasn't bound to end all that well. That was a no brainer.

''I don't even know. I think I'm already fairly numb to this kind of pain...'' He was saying the truth for the most part. He wasn't happy about this, but pain wasn't the right word either. He wasn't literally hurt...and even if he were to call the emotion that, it actually had little to do with the other anyway. He was probably hurting himself more than others were.

He would just bite his lip lightly. That wasn't quite it. ''It matters, but not in the way you perceive it....'' The kind of 'matter' that didn't really have to mean anything to the guy. They were still just strangers that met a while ago at this point, and maybe wouldn't end up meeting again anytime soon, so there was honestly no need to get ahead of what is. Perhaps that was also one of the reasons he just felt naturally uncomfortable with where the conversation had been heading these last few exchanges. He did give the guy the benefit of the doubt by stating he was free to try....but to say the truth, it didn't make him any calmer when someone had this stubborn insistence on being helpful in some way. Not when it comes from a person he hardly knows. Not like this. He only felt more like a fool when someone else was reinforcing the point that he needed help. Honestly, he just felt worse when people were expressing anything akin to a sort of 'pity', and being straightforward about it like this only underlined the point. There was a bit of truth to his little outburst there. He did not want someone that was tagging along with their reasoning for it being that they want to 'help' whether it was the main or just a side reason.

He just...didn't deal well with types that thought putting it out in the open like this was doing any good. It didn't. Not until he himself wanted to talk about it or even deal with it. By his own choice. Not through someone else's constant nudges. Maybe if it was done just right, then it could have a positive influence, but what was the chance of someone being aware enough to tell where the boundaries lie...? Even he knew that he can't truly expect someone to know just right without telling them. Alas, he was not good at talking about himself. It was quite the struggle unless he felt comfortable enough at the moment. Pressuring him to make a stand in the wrong way only turned things for the worse.... He was actually quite capable of making an unwavering decision, however, he had to come to it himself for the most part and at his own pace. Outside intervention that assumed trying to speed it up when he wasn't too open to the idea was the way to go was walking on thin ice and was likely to fail, often spectacularly.

He would flinch lightly. ''...you see, that's it. I don't want to. I get that it's your thing to try and be helpful, but being poked about it doesn't work on me. I normally don't talk about things even with people I know fairly well, nor do I accept 'helpful' suggestions on spot. All you do by trying to make me talk or decide how to deal with your ideas is make me feel worse. I can't dance when I'm told to, unless it feels right to me.'' That strategy would just not work. He did like nice people, but much less when they made it glaringly obvious that they thought he needed some helping. That wasn't the kind of support he was looking for.

He would shift, picking up the cat still dozing in his lap and putting it down on the grass next to the bench. With that, he'd stand up as he looked towards the other. ''....I'm not mad at you, but you're right about one thing. I should go. Right now, I'd rather think than talk, and this is really going nowhere. Maybe things will be different if we ever meet again, but right now, this is just turning all sorts of wrong and I'd rather not fuel it further....'' Regardless, unless he was stopped somehow, he would eventually give the other a nod as a farewell, before walking off into the distance.

~Exit?~
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Chill [Alec]   The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 pm

In the moments of silence, Alec would take to observing the city not really thinking much at first as he simply let his eyes take in the scene. It wasn’t until the silence began to tick on a bit longer than anticipated that he began to worry that maybe he had said something wrong; however, as he gave the other a questioning look and got the head shake in response, the worry would ease up a bit as he gave a light nod. Well at least he knew it wasn’t something he said. Maybe the conversations were dying off because neither one of them was making an effort to continue the ones dying. He wasn’t sure what the other was thinking, but he sure didn’t want to continue things that he wasn’t sure if the other was even interested in. That just ruined conversations worse than being quiet, so for the moment he was okay with the silence.

When the conversation did pick itself back up again, Alec would go with it easily enough. “Well that is true, but then that makes me wonder. If you can’t wait for them to come to ya and can’t recognize them at all, then how did one figure out they had a soul mate to begin with?” Alec would pause and look up at the sky not really expecting an answer to that one. He would let the idea play about in his head for a moment longer before letting it go. Maybe it didn’t really matter if one was “destined” for another or not. In the end, if the person made you happy and complete then that was enough right?

In any case, the situation went from alright to just plain confusing as everything said was either left in silence or countered in an odd way that left Alec more and more baffled the longer he listened to the guy. First it was the hypocrite comment and then the whole thing about things not working in general. Not really sure how to respond to that, Alec would frown as he scratched his head quite perplexed. On one hand, the guy seemed to be reaching out for something, but then as soon as one thought they figured out what said thing was, the guy would turn around and say something that would completely unravel the theory. It made it hard to figure out just what to do with Sharaku, but then again maybe that was the point to his earlier question about handling him. Perhaps he couldn't be handled...or rather maybe the current technique just didn't fit the bill. It was hard to tell and even harder when one was already confused.

For the most part, Alec would remain quiet as he listened to each response given and watched the reactions. He had to admit it wasn’t a pretty sight and when the other decided to leave, he didn’t feel any better about what had just occurred. He couldn’t really say anything that could make things better without digging a hole even deeper than the ones already there, so for once he didn’t say anything as he watched the other for a moment before getting up himself and moving to go in the other direction. He didn’t even attempt to say a farewell that time because honestly with so much whirling in his mind he didn’t know what might come out. So letting the guy go his way, Alec would go his own way.

As Alec moved away, Chrystill would lift her head watching him go one way and before looking the other way and watching Sharaku. She would tilt her head at him as if observing him for a moment and then with a light huff, she’d get to her feet and move to catch up with her master….

For now it looked like the meeting had ended….

~Exit. This thread has ended~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Chill [Alec]   The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:30 am

Users have established a social link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Chill [Alec]   The Evening Chill [Alec] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Evening Chill [Alec]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2