Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A walk through history (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:19 pm

If there was something troubling him? Yes. Many things, some he'd rather not speak about right now to not bring the mood of what's supposed to be a joyful reunion down, and some...he'd want to speak about. Preferably with someone close. However, the only one he was fairly close was Hyde, and not only he was dead, but he was also the reason of Shunnosuke's sudden mood change. Speaking about "past" brings some memories he was having difficulty coping with, instantly. — Hm, Alphonse... Would you like to change something in your life if you had the chance? Anything you'd want to have back or...whatever... — He didn't look back at the android, despite the amicable setting Sentinel tried to make, keeping his eyes focused on the different styles of weapons being exhibited that afternoon. Likely, the student would consider too much visual contact awkward, given the topic at hands. — Do you consider it wrong to cling to the past?
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 pm

The android was a bit surprised to have this question coming from his friend, he did not see his friend often clinging to the path, but living in the present. The android tilted his head to the side, and thought about it. "You know what I've done, Shunnosuke, you were there when I confronted my worst fears and clung to my past actions. Do I wish things had turned out differently? Of course, but you must learn to let go at the same time." The android said walking over, and placing a hand on his friend's shoulder looking at him quite concerned about what was being said.

"We can't change the past my friend, I understand our desire and wish to, but we should focus on the things we can change. We can affect the present and the future, whatever that is concerning you about the past...worry not a moment more about it. If you are looking for advice then perhaps I can aid you in making a decision about what to do next." The android said with a smile on his face, he was already offering his aid, before he even knew what was wrong with his friend. That is how the android was to be honest! He always wanted to help whenever and wherever he could!
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 12:00 pm

"Learn to let go", "cannot change the past"... That's always the hardest part of it. Shunnosuke was as obstinate as headstrong in regards to his goals and feelings. It was just how he was raised: to always pursue his objectives until the utmost, decisive defeat. And, used to get what he wants by any means necessary, he hardly had to deal with the proper, crude meaning of defeat and loss. At least, until two years ago...

I know... — He bit his underlip, expressing his difficulty to handle this topic in particular. — I used to think I can have control of anything as long as I strive for it and have my resolves set on what I aim for. Reality proved me otherwise... — Some memories roaming in his mind, things he didn't want to share out loud, though it wasn't hard for a close acquaintance to deduce what Shunnosuke referred to. — During that time you came to my rescue when the Velvet Room sent me the message... I do know I judged you hard...but I really appreciate what you have done for me... — The Kurosawa glanced briefly to Alphonse, his gaze shifting between an expression of gratitude to that of an awkwardness for admitting, finally, his own flaws. However, regardless of Alphonse's imediate response, the young man quickly averted his eyes back to the weaponry. He was not used to that, to acknowledge he had done wrong...but he had made a vow to a special someone, to live rightfully from now on. Knowing he owes a "thank you" and a "I'm sorry" to someone who assisted him in a crucial moment was part of this promise, a single start.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:45 pm

The android watched his friend carefully, seeing how he was biting his lip like that...made the android think that his friend was having some level of difficulty with this topic. He listened intently to his friend and what he was saying. He believed he could control anything as long as he strives for it, and obviously that was proven wrong rather recently. The android had a pretty good idea about what his friend was talking about. Two years ago, when he saw that he couldn't keep Hyde alive. Sentinel thought about how that connected the two of them, they both lost a friend that day two years ago.

Sentinel was going to offer guidance, when his friend thanked him, and apologized to him. Before, the android could even reply the gaze shifted away from him. "Shunnosuke Kurosawa." He addressed his friend in a steady tone, "You have grown up a lot, I'm actually quite impressed. You did judge me rather harshly in the past, but you have made amends today. Plus, we are friends, I wasn't going let you endure all that hardship alone, that's what friend are for. We look out for one another, and stick with one another through thick and thin I apperciate what you've said to me today. I believe that we're entering a new chapter of our friendship today" The android said smiling at his friend and patting him on the back.

"No matter how hard we try, we cannot control everything." He explained, "We're only human, the most we can do every single day is to try our best and strive to do the right thing every single day." he said trying to encourage and counsel his friend to the best of his ability. "If we do that then there is nothing we can be ashamed of. Alright? We have a bright future to look forward to and we should do everything we can to make the most of it. So, I propose we march towards it, putting our best foot forward every single day."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:05 pm

...Thank you. — Shunnosuke avoided looking back at Alphonse and, in reality, he didn't have much else to say. Perhaps words weren't enough, and there was of course this side of him who hardly had to deal with the acknowledgement  of his own flaws. In the end, he was grateful for Alphonse's support and, thought words and eloquence could express his gratitude very well, the Kurosawa preferred to let his smile, regardless of how weak and restrained it was, convey his feelings in silence.

I always knew the danger when I signed up for this... But still... Death seemed like a remote possibility. As if we would never fall as long as we were always together. — In a sense, Shunnosuke, Sentinel, Naomi, Sharaku and him were a group, the five of them. Though they never saw eye to eye, they were there for each when it mattered the most. Or almost...he failed in the last moment and it had left a bitter aftertaste in the Kurosawa's mouth. And in his life for the next two years. He did believe that he should move on, accept the cycle of life and death and follow his life. Hyde would want that, right? Would want him to be happy rather than a melancholic shell of someone who always strove to be on top. But...he simply couldn't. Loss is something that was never in his vocabulary, until it all started. Until the Event started. — You can't die, Alphonse... How's life for you knowing you won't suffer as a human does? — The Kurosawa glanced back to the android, as if seeking with his eyes the answer from a wiser person. He wanted to understand, for he himself was unable to.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:45 am

The android offered a soft smile when his friend thanked him, but at the same time the android could still see that his friend still was bothered by something. Perhaps...that was to be discussed at another time. Instead the android turned his attention toward his friend's concern about death...clearly he didn't realize how dangerous what they were doing was, the same was true for the android to some degree. Though he knew there was danger in their fights as there is always a danger with violence, but perhaps with Shunnosuke at his back...the danger seemed less. Though his friend asked an odd question...about how he can't die and how his life is knowing he won't suffer as a human does.

The android's eyes widened in surprise about such a question,"True, I cannot feel pain or suffer like a human may in their final moments, but I still fear it. Not because I fear what happens when I cease to function, but because of who I leave behind. I may not feel pain, but the sense and fear of loss...I still have that to say the very least." The fear of loss, he feared leaving Maria behind, without anyone to care for her...without anyone to watch over her. It frightened the android more than anything, she had lost so much already... "Though it is not my loss I fear for Maria, she's lost too much already....and I can't bear the thought of her going through it all again." He said rubbing the back of his head...that and losing her was unbearable to him.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:52 pm

...I see. — So it was similar to how he felt, as a human, about death. Shunnosuke got himself wondering and pondering over this in the last two years. What if he had died instead of Hyde? What if Hyde's death could have been avoided but not his? Would everyone move on, or would they linger on it like Shun does? It seemed to be so simple for others to let go...why couldn't he do the same? — Life goes on for those who stay alive... — The answer came apathetically. He couldn't say much more than this, though he was still thoughtful about what comes after death, both for those who stay and those who depart. The curiosity never ceased, but he could at least say he had the answer for half his doubts. — Do you miss him...? — He glanced back to Alphonse, as a hopeful child seeking answer from an elder.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 pm

"Just because life goes on for those who are living doesn't mean we shouldn't forget those who gave it all to ensure we have a future." Sentinel said offering a smile trying to encourage his friend, but then his friend asked a question about whether or not he missed Hyde. The android looked down at the hopeful child, and smiled a bit.

"A bit of a silly question, don't you think? Of course, I miss him, sure he wasn't the brightest indivdiual, but his heart was always in the right place. He wanted to do what was right,and even though he might have stumbled or fell flat on his face, he still gave everything for us to have a future." The android replied, "Of course I miss him, I'm not that heartless, I reflect upon what he has given us from time to time. It's important not to dwell on it, that would be wasting the future he has given us after all." He said explaining his reasoning why he did his best not to dwell on it. Then stepped next to his friend, and frowned a bit.

"I can't help you still dwell on his death a lot, why is that? I understand you didn't realize the danger of what we do, but is there something more to it? Are you afraid of death? Or is something else bothering you? You can tell me Shunnosuke, I want to help you as much as I can."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 6:39 pm

"He wasn't the brightest". Shunnosuke's lips curled into a shy, restrained smile...then it broadened...and soon the teenager found himself giggling happily. Nostalgic and melancholic, yes, but he was genuinely satisfied with given answer. — I guess he wasn't, was he? Do you remember that time he got himself arrested when he went to the Police to tell about Lune's kidnapping? That was downright idiotic of him! — There were very clear hints of affection despite the "talking ill of the dead" attitude. It was due to Hyde's flaws and eccentricities that he became such an endearing character. The giggles could have developed into a sonorous laughter, if the Kurosawa hasn't covered his mouth with one hand. For one moment, he could look on the happy side of his memories, rather than dwelling on the negative, grievous feeling he couldn't let go. — I'm glad. I know Hyde felt like no one appreciated him enough, besides me... It makes me happy that he was wrong.

As for his other question... Hm, he couldn't truly be honest. What has been bothering him for the last years as something worth to be ashamed of. — ...No, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. — He smiled, shaking his head trying to dismiss the topic. — There are a few things I can only cope with alone. It isn't something others can interfere with or try to change. Not unless I know what truly happened to him... — His voice tone lowered during the last part, gaze lost into some distant point in the myriad sculptures before he changed the topic to something that's far more pleasing than morbid retrievals: — Where's Maria, by the way? I haven't seen her in a while. Didn't you consider she might enjoy a small visit to the museum? For a guardian, I must you're failing if you don't invest on your protectée's education.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:28 pm

The android nodded his head, "I do recall it, that made the mission a bit more difficult than what it had to be, but he thought he was doing the right thing. He just didn't think about how it would sound coming from him." The android said chuckling a bit recalling some of the good and happy memories that the group shared. "I think a lot more people appreciated him then what he realized, it is just we all had some different ways of showing it. Not to mention we were a bit hard on him too." Except the android was pretty sure that he was the only one who know that regardless of the outcome he was going to die. After all he did ask what that phrase meant, which sadly meant he was going to die.

When his friend said he was fine, and not to worry about, the android didn't believe it. Not for one bit, but he also realized that he could not force such a thing. Then his friend actually explained a bit more about it, this was not something that the android could help him with, evidently he needed time to cope with it alone. That was fair enough in the android's mind, so he would leave it alone for now. Then his friend asked something he didn't expect, he asked where Maria was.

"She's at a friend's house playing for a little bit, I was actually coming here to invest and further my knowledge about the Babylonian culture since she will have a project on it, I just wanted to be able to answer any of her questions about it. So I'm letting her have some fun before she hits the books again. After all, life cannot be all about work! Though part of me disagrees with that statement." He said rubbing his head, though he was a robot and while the understand of how important free time is with younger children, he still wanted to make sure that Maria did a fair share of work. Perhaps he was pushing work too much, but at the same time he didn't want her to fall behind.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Shunnosuke laughed under his breath. — Oh please. She's a child. Let the girl enjoy what's left of her childhood before she feels swallowed up by a miserable life trying to satisfy society's expectations and filled with unsatisfied dreams that would never come true. — He smiled wryly towards Sentinel, clapping his hands once. — Regardless, you apparently are doing well at serving as a parent since she lacks a fatherly figure. I commend you for that; I honestly don't know if I'd be willing to sacrifice my youth for the sake of being responsible for someone else's life. Though...you don't really have a youth to sacrifice, that's one thing on your favor. Hm...now I wonder... Maria is growing older while you remain the same. Won't this be seen as weird to her or people who know both of you? — This is an honest question, for once. Eventually others would found out about his inhuman nature if he didn't find a way to simulate the coming of age for himself as well... How would Alphonse do that, Shunnosuke could only speculate.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 7:35 pm

The android blinked a bit, "Okay, maybe I should let her have some breathing room. I just want to make sure she doesn't have any trouble understanding what she is learning. I...Perhaps I am a bit too overprotective and I need to give her more time to be herself." The android said aloud, pondering that idea for several seconds before narrowing his eyes at Shunnosuke, "She has her dreams and I will help her achieve them, in whatever way I can." He said firmly, he wasn't going to give up on her dreams as long as she didn't.

Though he rubbed his head when Shunnosuke complimented him about being so willing to sacrifice a youth, which he honestly didn't have, for Maria. Though when his friend asked about how people will react as Maria grows up, but he stays the same. "I suppose I have two options, either change my appearance to make sense to her age, or I just be honest with them. Though I personally believe that they would not believe me until I showed them my components and inner mechanisms. Who knows the reaction that would receive, I cannot imagine that it would be postive." The android said, now he had to think about this in order to find an acceptable solution.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:59 am

Of course you will help her. Someone has to and that's the least you can do! — He smiled, teasing Sentinel with malicious remarks for a little longer. — But yes, perhaps you're a bit overprotective... My father has been acting just like you, if not worse than you, and I can tell you that much: don't. Now that I think about it, it's completely weird that a child is fine with her father-replacement being an android. Isn't that sitcom material? I wonder why has Hollywood not considered the idea yet, I'm sure the bizarreness of it would be an audience success. Anyway, don't go the "honest route", dear. I can tell by experience, unless you shove your mechanical parts in someone else's face like you did to me back then, their reaction will be pretty much laugh right away and think you belong to a psychiatric rehab program. Instead, consider changing your...pieces, gears or whatever you call it, 'cause the way it is right now, it makes you look like you're my age. That, or you can pretend to be an older brother, whatever floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 12:25 am

The android blinked, well yes that was the reactions that he had been expecting, no one would believe the android story, and shoving the truth in their face was not the approach that the android had planned on to be honest. He had a different plan in mind, but he would take the advice under consideration. "The only reason why she has adjusted so well is because I've been around since she was very young, her father built me shortly after her mother died. Is it sitcom material?" The android asked, he could not honestly see how their lives could be turned into a sitcom considering the fact that they led very drama-free lives.

"Actually, please don't answer that question, I just had a few horrifying thoughts of how it could get turned into a dramatic sitcom. I do not want to imagine Maria in some terrible relationship." He said shaking his head, and rubbing his foreheads. "But I do need to get ready to start letting go, she's growing up whether I like it or not. Perhaps I should let her go out more, and hang out with friends as long as she is back within a reasonable amount of time. And so long as her grades don't slip..." The android looked at his friend, "What kind of trouble could she get in? Nothing terrible I hope, I've raised her to avoid it, but if you have any advice...." He said trailing off and hinting for his friend to give an answer or two.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 am

What kind of problems could Maria get into? Hm...tricky question. He crossed his arms, letting his face rest on the palm of his hand. — Well then. The usual stuff. Unwanted precocious pregnancy, STD's, involvement with drugs, falling in love with the wrong kind of guy. Oh trust me, you don't want your kid to go under such a stressful situation, talking about experience. There's not a single day I regret such a lame decision in my life, but...well...that's life. What can you do? Also, teach her to not trust any boy right from the start and to value her true friends. Skirts, the shorter, the better. Also, tell her to not get envious of big-breast girls. Some were born with them, some were born with the money to pay for them. — He shrugged, shaking his head a bit before offering Alphonse a sly smile. — Be confident you're doing just fine. Maria seems to have a good head over her tiny shoulders, and I'm positive the worst has gone already. If you could overcome that, you can overcome anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A walk through history (Open)   A walk through history (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A walk through history (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next