Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Only Time Will Tell

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:14 am

He would stay silent this time. He would say so, yes. But there was probably no point in dragging it out. They would just keep going back and forth with this, and she didn't seem to have what it took to change his mind about telling any more than simply confirming that he wasn't going to die here or something.

He would blink at her when she asked the questions. Why did that even matter? One can go be wherever they want as long as they feel like it. He had barely any reasoning behind his choice. He simply wanted to be out, and a park sounded like a good idea since it had places to sit on. There was no point in being out on streets specifically at this time. It was probably past midnight by now. He would raise an eyebrow. ''What do you expect me to answer? I don't know. I just didn't want to be inside, and you can sit in a park, at least. I don't have an elaborate reason for picking this place.'' What other reason could one even have anyway? It's not like he was here to dig holes in the ground or such. And it wasn't really crowded either. Not that late. So that didn't pose a problem.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:52 am

"I dunno... I was just curious." Mae said, scratching her neck somewhat awkwardly. "I... Suppose I should go, huh..." A wry smile made it's way across her lips... "Unless there's anything else...? As far as us go... what we used to have... I..." She looked down on her feet, with her hair covering up her face from view. "It really felt special to me, in a way... It's hard to explain, but... I do miss it. Even if it wasn't as genuine as I would've liked..." A part of her still had some feelings for him... Confused, but feelings nontheless... If she would act upon them or not remained to be seen. After all, she had some things to sort out with Charles... This little encounter gave her a lot to think about... Moreso than what she had before coming here. Depending on what Charles answered, she would make her decision then. "Well... Regardless, I wish you the best, Sharaku. I really do... And please, take care of yourself, alright? Or do you want me to drag you back to bed?" She said in a joking tone, giving him a teasing wink. If she was actually serious about it or not... Well, that was up to Sharaku to figure out.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:59 am

He would look to the side, frowning thinly as she spoke about the past happenings. He did not want her to feel bad again, but he couldn't say he really felt the same way. Not after thinking over all that happened so far. He simply couldn't. He wouldn't be easily interested in someone who went around between people as effortlessly as she did. And her agreeing to a non-serious relationship back then helped little. He did not like the idea of being with someone he couldn't trust to stand beside him for a longer period of time. If anything, he viewed short and long term relationships rather differently. And if she were to be content with the on and off short kind, there was little chance he would ever be interested in more than that. He would sigh slightly. ''I'm afraid I don't feel the way you do about this. I can't believe that it's so special to you when you go back and forth between people so easily just because they give you what you want. I can't really be with someone I can't even trust to not change their mind on the go like it's nothing. Not for a serious relationship.'' This would never work. Not unless she seriously made up her mind. And even then, it would take a lot to convince him that this wouldn't happen again. He wasn't likely to believe someone's words with no actual proof he could see. He definitely wasn't the flighty type once he decided he wanted to be with someone. Therefore, he wouldn't get really serious with just about anyone.

He would tilt his head. ''Drag? Do you think you could really move me?'' Well, he wasn't all that heavy for his height and all, but still. Unless he actually followed of his own volition, she probably wasn't strong enough to actually drag him anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 8:15 am

Mae wasn't very suprised hearing that, but it hurt nontheless... But she wouldn't hold it against him either... "Y-Yeah... I had kind of expected you to say something like that..." She looked down on the ground. Why did this have to happen now...? Mae should be over him by now, and yet... "I mean... After what I did, I honestly don't blame you either..." Why didn't her feelings for him go away? She knew very well that he wasn't interested. He even said so himself, and yet... they persisted. "We're still friends, right?" She asked, in a worried tone... Perhaps one day, she would change for the better... "I'm not asking for a second chance... as much as I would like one. I made a bunch of mistakes, and now, I have to live with the consequences." She forced herself not to think back on that moment they shared on the ferris wheel, lest she'd start crying again... Never more than then, had she felt loved, needed... It was a fond memory of hers, and yet... now, with everything as it was, that's all it would ever be... A fond memory. She would never get to kiss those lips again. That was a fact that she needed to swallow, and move on, as much as it hurt to do so.

"Heh, maybe." She would answer mischeviously. "In all seriousness though, you need to get back home. Get some sleep..." Mae's expression changed to that of a determined one. She wouldn't budge until Sharaku promised her that he would go home to get some rest.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:53 am

She did, hm? Well, good for her, if nothing else. Although, he couldn't necessarily claim her actions were wrong. Someone may be just fine with all that, but not him. He simply wasn't that kind of person. She'd be better off finding someone way more forgiving and forgetful about past matters. He wasn't against possibly giving a second chance. It's not like he was as cruel as that. Still, he wouldn't be careless the second time around. It took some time before he'd trust someone enough after they flubbed around. And they'd have to prove that they were capable of standing their ground this time around. If they messed around again? That was when things could get a bit bad. He wouldn't kick them away, but he would sure have a hard time relying on them with anything related to their mess ups. He knew people made mistakes, but he wasn't the one to stand continous incompetence or unstable behaviour, mainly when it affected him personally. ''It's not really you personally. I simply am not into that kind of behaviour. I don't want someone that is mostly about clinging to people for some sort recognition. I'd rather an equal partner. Someone who is confident enough.'' And definitely not some crybaby. It was fine to have a down moment once in a while. Even he did. But he did not like having to deal with someone else's problems majority of his time. That was a bit too much for him. Then again, it also depended on how close he was to the person in question before such matters came up. He may handle it better once he already likes the person enough.

''I'm fine with being friends. I don't have a problem with that until people start being overly negative towards me just because I refused to go out with them.''
Technically, that meant the other side didn't really want to be friends anyway. He would huff. ''That one is on you. If you think you're capable of proving to me that it's worth my time to try in the future, you're free to try. I don't write people off forever, but just know that it won't be easy with me. That much I can say.'' Better tell her now. If she really wanted a second chance, it would be a rocky climb for her. Assuming he did not end up with someone else before she even made up her mind. Not that he saw it as likely. He wasn't the most outgoing person, so meeting new people tended to be on and off for him. And from those he already knew, there was little possibility. He didn't have enough luck to meet someone he got along with well enough.

He would raise an eyebrow. ''I'm not tired. If I was, I would have stayed home to begin with.'', he would answer calmly. He could be really stubborn when he chose to.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:22 am

"H-Huh...?" Mae looked up to face Sharaku again. What did he just say...? She wasn't all in the wrong here? It took her a while before she realised what he had meant, and when she did, a relieved smile made it's way across her face. She would give it time. Letting herself grow a bit more as a person... She had to stop clinging to others for acceptance. At least, she wasn't all in the wrong, which was the best... yet...

"Geez... Why would I be like that if you denied me? It's your call, not mine. I can't be mad at you for something like that. Sure, it might hurt a bit, but it's nothing that time won't heal." Indeed, time was all that was needed. She really wouldn't have held anything against him if he had chosen to deny her. Sure, she would've been dissapointed, but not angry at him. It was his choice in the end, not hers, or anyone else's for that matter.

Following his next couple of words, Mae's heart skipped a beat. Did she just hear him say he was willing to...? "R-Really...?" She looked at him straight in the eyes, with a shy smile on her face. He could clearly see how happy that made her feel. "Y-You're willing to give me... A S-Second chance?" Sure, it was sometime in the future, but... That was good enough for her. Mae was at a loss for words, happy beyond belief. She made herself a promise to ask him out once she had stopped clinging to people for acceptance. A bright future was waiting for her, it would seem. The girl wanted to go up to him and give him a hug, but... she stopped herself from doing so midway, which made it look sort of awkward. That would have to wait. Right now, she needed to focus on her own problems, so that one day, she was worthy of giving this a second chance...

"Suuuure..." Mae said, poking at him. "I swear, you're just as stubborn as Jack."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:39 am

''Yes..?'', he would look back at her with a raised eyebrow. He couldn't really tell what she was thinking from that. That is, if he even needed to know. It was true that he wouldn't go and bash her for her actions to no end here, but that didn't mean he found them appealing in any way or form. Being indecisive was one thing. Being a doormat to be passed around was another. It isn't fair for those she is after. Sure, she has people to pick from while she takes her sweet time to decide, but how should they feel? Well, he sure didn't like how she was still obviously interested in him, despite the fact that she already ran back to Charles once, and is actually still with him right now. You can't just go back and forth like that. The only thing you'll accomplish is no one wanting you in the end when all the sides find out. He figured Charles didn't even know about this yet if it was going smoothly enough for her. Because he remembered how the android acted all jealous the last time they met, after he simply said he knew Mae. The android was unhappy just by knowing she hangs out with some other guys, and stuff like dating wasn't even mentioned yet. He'd bet if Charles knew it went this far, Mae would be facing blow ups on both sides. And she needed to realize that before going further in any direction.

He would snort in faint amusement. ''I know that some people can be rather stingy after getting rejected. Just a precaution, nothing more.'' Of course, he knew not everyone would act the same, but better be safe than not. Because it was probably more of a waste to try being friends with someone who could not let it go. In which case, it was better to know beforehand, just so the whole idea wouldn't end up being in vain.

He would sigh, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Is that all she cared about? Second chance, yes, but it wasn't all that simple. ''Not if you act like your life depends on it.'' That was probably a bit cold, but he had to douse her a little. Realistically speaking, it was actually quite unlikely that it would work out even if he decided to give her a second chance who knows when. Afterall, it's not like he was going to sit and wait for her to make up her mind just because he knew she might be interested. He had his own goals to look after, and he couldn't just go and incorporate all vague possibilities into his path. He would only end up with holes everywhere. And while he was fine with going by a whim here and there, he did like to at least have an idea of where things should be going. When it was possible to have one, that is. ''I can't promise you anything. I'm simply saying that I am not cruel enough to put people in a definite category forever once they do mess up. But don't mistake that as it being easy to win me over. I am not going to sit and wait for you to deal with your problems. We may both be different in the future, depending on what choices we make.'', he would shake his head slightly. ''Don't expect a lot out of your hopes, because you'll only end up being dissapointed more often than anything else.'' Being up in the clouds was nice for dreaming, but living was reality most of the time afterall.

''At least I am not childishly stubborn.''
, he would state with a slight sneer. He wouldn't deny that he could be quite bullheaded at times, but he wasn't sure how viable it is to compare him to Jack out of all people. The guy could have a skull out of diamond, yes, but in a different way. Because being adamant about things like wearing a red spandex suit and such did not strike him as a partciularly bright type of stubborness.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:24 am

"I just... need to sort things out first..." Mae said, looking up at the stars above... She had a couple of questions to ask Charles now... Was he genuinely interested in her or not? Did he want a relationship with her? How she would go about asking those questions on the other hand was a different matter entirely, if she would even get the chance to do so...

"I suppose so, yeah..." Mae said quietly. Some people just didn't take a "no" very well... Luckily, Mae wasn't one of those people. She respected the decisions of others... If she wasn't wanted, then why should she bother with being angry at them for? It's not like it's unfair or anything, since it's their call.

"O-Of course not!" Mae answered, somewhat panicked, puffing up her cheeks. "I-I'm done with clinging to others for acceptance." Tough talk, but... that's what she wanted in the end... She wanted to be able to like what she saw when taking a look of herself in the mirror, rather than having other people judge her. It wasn't going to be an easy journey... But it was one she had to make nontheless. Otherwise, she would never grow as a person. She would never be able to move forward, if all she relied on was others.

"Yeah... Who knows where we are, or what we're like the next time we see eachother like this. By the time I've changed... you might already have been taken, and vice versa..." It was a possibility that they couldn't do much about, so they just had to deal with whatever came their way. Hopefully it didn't end up like that, unless they both had found someone else... which was good in it's own way. After all, they were still friends. "But yeah... thanks for giving me a second chance..." She smiled warmly at him. "I know..." It was hard however not to get your hopes up at a time like this. Especially for her... She needed to grab onto whatever hope she had left, lest she'd succumb to depression... Like Rin had.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She would then place both of her arms on her hips, narrowing her eyes at him.

Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 Tumblr_m980uuhPqA1qgs93co1_540
"But you're still a bit too stubborn for your own good. Hmph."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:02 am

He would give her a wry smile. This was her own business. Afterall, you reap what you sow. She wouldn't have all this to deal with, if she wasn't so hasty in her choices. Thinking more before you decide to do something as significant as that can be a life saver sometimes. If you truly like someone, then you should be able to tell it's them, and not be bouncing between two people. That sure doesn't make your feelings look extra genuine.

''....Not being calm when trying to deny something gives you away. You wouldn't make a good liar like this.'', he would state simply, leaving it at that. It's not like he really needed a confirmation. People don't change in a matter of minutes, so she would obviously not be any different now. Who knows how long it would take her, if even. It depended on how dedicated she actually was.

He would look ahead absentmindedly. ''I will definitely be different if we meet in the future. But when it comes to whether I'd be alone or not, I don't know. That is something I don't really plan ahead. But I'm not going to wait years regardless. You should know that. I am older than you as it is.'' Only by 4 years, but that was still something. And while he did not particularly feel old just yet, it didn't feel exactly right to wait like this without any certainity. She was being too optimistic about this. You don't reserve dates for an unknown future. It's usually either now or most likely never. Now wasn't possible, however. He wouldn't comment more on it. She was free to think what she wanted to, but he wouldn't really call this a second chance. He was simply leaving the future open ended in general. He doubted this would ever go anywhere.

He would raise an eyebrow at her. ''Should I not be?''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:27 am

"Ehehe..." Mae laughed awkwardly, scratching the nape of her neck. "Yeah... It'll take a while..." How long that would be, she didn't know... All she could really do was looking forward to a brighter future. Who knows, once all this was over, then maybe things would be different for her.

"Well, honestly, you don't have to wait at all... If you find someone else, go for it. I'm not gonna let myself be a sort of mental shackle..." It was his life after all... If he actually did find someone else, then she would of course accept that and move on with her life. There were plenty of fish in the sea after all.

"You could cut it down a little bit. You looked like you were about to pass out not too long ago... And yet you persist with being out here." She poked him again. "As long as your stubborn-ness doesn't end up getting you hurt..." Jack had a tendency of that as well... Sort of listening to her warnings, but regardless of that, he still found himself in trouble, mostly due to his own actions... He was still better than Hyde though.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Golden eyes would flicker to the side. He wasn't sure what more to say here. He was starting to feel like he was just repeating himself if he kept talking about the subject further. You can only say so much about one and the same thing before it becomes abundant afterall. ''I don't plan on it. I don't wait on people when the terms are indefinite. Not with things like this. What happens, happens.'' Though, he had already proven his point by now. But he kind of had to say something at least.

He would huff faintly. ''This is nothing. It doesn't even really hurt. I've been through worse pain before. I know my limits well enough by now. I don't think I would have actually fainted for real. I don't go down that easily.'' He didn't lose it just yet. If he was actually really sick, he would do something about it. But this wasn't even sickness. It was something he just had to deal with, and if it happened to get worse for a while in the future, he could stay home, yes. For now however, he was more or less fine being here.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:41 pm

"We'll see what happens." Mae said with a light shrug. Whatever happened, happened. There wasn't much she could really do about it now anyway, so why get all fuzzed up over it?

"If you say so..." Mae said with a sigh. "Well, I'm not gonna bother you any more with my ramblings. Take care, okay?" She smiled at him before she quickly turned around, and left the area. She had a lot to think about... Might as well start doing some soul-searching on her way home...

~ Mae Iharu has left the scene. ~
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:25 pm

''That's what you said.''

In any case, he would remain loitering around for a good while longer, doing who knows what.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Sharaku and Mae's friendship appears to be stuck in a rut...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only Time Will Tell   Only Time Will Tell - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Only Time Will Tell
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3