Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Boom? [Mae]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Hm, well obviously not. It wasn't likely that you would be the only person to be in some way. With some exceptions. He was probably a bit too weird no matter what, cause his looks were far from natural. Height was the smallest problem of all, taking that in consideration. ''Can't deny that. Besides, there are worse things than having an undesirable height, I suppose.'' It wasn't that he really had a problem with his looks anymore, but it could be an example. Someone would probably be much more unsettled in his place. Every person reacts differently to a situation.

He would raise an eyebrow slightly. ''Yes, I think I wonder what you expected too. Not having interest in someone who likes me doesn't have to mean I'm already after someone else instead. As nice as it can be to be with someone, it's not like I have that on my mind all the time.'' He'd probably go crazy if that was the case. It wasn't a strength of his to begin with, so why would he seek to focus on it too much? Though, his tone was laidback when saying that. He was just curious. It seemed Mae's friend was the nosy type. But as long as she didn't press beyond when he said a no, he wouldn't take actual offense just because. He would look ahead in thought. ''Indeed. That's the big problem even now, isn't it?'', he would pose a sort of rhetorical question. It was her call whether she wanted to respond in any way. They couldn't really talk about this in detail while Ayane was around.

''Didn't say it isn't.'' It's not like he thought she was lying. ''I think I've been here for around a year. But I'm not necessarily counting the days.'' Out of which he spent almost 10 months fighting around by now. Time flew, yes. Whether you wanted it to, or not. ''I'd say it would be more annoying than dreadful. But to each their own, I suppose. You aren't either way, so it doesn't matter in the end.'' He honestly just passed over jerks, unless they kept picking at him, or he had to involve himself due to any important reason..so it was just a bit of annoyance. ''Well, I think everyone has a mean side to them. It just depends on whether they use it.'' No one was probably rainbows and sunshine forever. That would be a little strange.

''That's the point.'', he would remark back at Ayane. And hey, she said she was bad at math. He would huff a bit. ''Well, for one, you wouldn't be the first two to consider using me as a dress up doll. Nor do I really mind. Maybe my hair would go along with a dress.'' Frankly, he didn't care. It couldn't kill him, and he had no problem with stuff like that. He didn't see a reason to.

Ah well. That wasn't really working too much, was it? She was going to burn herself at this rate. Was that actually possible? Eh, probably not. He still didn't know what exactly got into her all of a sudden. She went from normal to this rather abruptly. Maybe he was just missing something, though. Hmm.

Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 YNzgUmm

''You're very much welcome.'' For whatever she was thanking him for exactly. He wasn't completely sure. ''Maybe you should go get some cool drink though. I'd rather you not overheat on me. What would I do with you?'', he'd suggest casually after a moment with a light grin. But no, really. Even if, he probably wouldn't hear the end of it in case something actually happened. They were in a club afterall. With many people around.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:33 am

"Yeah, there are worse things, obviousy. No matter where you go or who you are, there's probably someone somewhere who has it worse." Mae shrugged. There were enough people living on earth to safely assume something like that would be correct. "That sounds really depressing when you word it like that." Ayane sighed deeply. "Not that it makes it less true, sadly." That was just what the world was... At least now. Maybe the angels could change that? Would that really be a desirable future? Maybe... Depends on who you asked.

Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 Url
"I... I was just curious is all!"

Mae chuckled lightly at Ayane's response. Just curious, eh? Well, Ayane was a pretty nosy girl, after all. But she knew where to draw the line, luckily. "Sharaku is a busy man. I don't blame him for not having time on his hands to worry much about this kind of stuff." Mae winked at Sharaku. "Yeah... Busy. Right..." It was true though. He was kind of busy trying to save the world, like the rest of the persona users. Not that Ayane knew that. "Yeah, it is..." Mae would reply ambiguously, leaving Ayane staring at the two in confusion.

"A year eh?" That was a rather long time... About twice as long as Mae had spent here on Azores. 4 months of which she had spent as a Persona User. Nothing remarkable by any means, but it was nice for Mae to look back, and see just how far She and Qilin had come since they first met. "It feels like more than just six months have passed... But that may just be my brain being a bit wonky." Mae smiled warmly. "Hehe, I do what I can." It felt nice knowing that people apprechiated what she did. Hopefully she wouldn't need them to do the same for her, but the knowledge that her friends were there for her when she found herself in a bind was a comforting thought. "I guess so..." Looking at her Shadow she met in Alternate Zela Academy was proof of that... Although, all that the shadow ever wanted was to be free... Someone else forced her hand, so was it really the shadow being mean? Maybe...

"Oh, we're not?" Ayane asked in a suprised tone. "Hehe, I'm sure you would look great in a dress. But I think we'll skip the heels. That's a bit too much." Heck, Mae wasn't wearing heels now. She found them un-necessarily uncomfortable. And Mae assumed Sharaku wouldn't exactly apprechiate that kind of footwear. Besides, was there really any point in wearing Heels to begin with when you were as tall as Sharaku?

"I-I'll be fine... R-Really!" Mae said somewhat panicked, looking up at him. "I-I'm just really nervous, that's all." Hopefully she would get over it... Mae just needed to get used to this... Charles had been a bit... different from Sharaku. Charles was a robot while the other was... human. // Am... I falling for him?! // Whether this was good or bad remained to be seen... Mae had yet to deal with the whole Charles situation. Oh, why did everything have to be so hard? Just when her relationship with Charles was a bit on shaky legs... this had to happen on top of that. Although, it was her own choice. Dancing with Sharaku that is. "I... need your advice on something." Mae said eventually, after collecting her thoughts and calming down somewhat. The blush had yet to vanish completely, but it was not nearly as vivid as earlier.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 12:31 pm

''Makes you wonder if there is something so bad that it cannot be any worse.'' Could there be? There surely were rather bad things already. He could talk about that. But if there was always someone who can have it worse...how low would it have to be possible to go? Maybe there was some ultimate low. Whatever it was. ''It's depressing when you let it be.'', he would smile thinly. Just like the good is optimistic when you choose to think of it that way.

He would huff. ''Yes, I'm so busy that I'm hangng out here. Maybe not. But romance is not the bane of existence either way.'' Technically, he couldn't be that busy if he was here right now. Claiming that was a bit counterproductive. Not that he cared, really. He was just pointing it out for the entertainment. Busy, but not. ''Which is too bad.'', he would state simply. It was funny to an extent. Seeing the blackhaired girl giving them confused looks. Ah well, what can you do.  ''Time flies.'', he would shrug a little. Sometimes it did seem to be going fast, sometimes slow instead. He would stay quiet for the next part. There was no reason to repeat the same over and over in a different way.

''No, you aren't. I suppose that is my own fault, though.'' As if he really minded. Sure, Rita and Naomi plotted that once before, but it was the same as here. They wouldn't without him mentioning something first. ''Well, I don't think I need to be even taller, no.'', he would shake his head in amusement. That was probably the last thing he needed at his height.

Was she? Well, her call. ''If you're sure. I wouldn't mind taking a break though.'' He could honestly go both ways in the end. As long as things went smoothly enough, it was fine. He was far from picky when it came to the question of going on with dancing or not. ''Hm?'' Advice? That was rather sudden. ''Go ahead. If I can answer, that is.'' He wasn't a master at everything, afterall.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:27 pm

"Well, I dunno. Is there? Because how bad something is can be very different from person to person." Yep, it was all up to interpretation. One bad thing for one person could be something good in another one's eyes. "Well, I guess dying is unversally seen as a bad thing... I guess that's the worst?" She did have a point. "Hehe, you're right about that! I prefer to have an optimistic view on things whenever I can." Mae smiled sheepishly. Sharaku was probably more of a realist than Mae was, but at least he wasn't a pessimist. Always looking on things in a bad light could not be a good thing for your own well-being. At least not emotionally.

"Well, you do have two cute girls to talk to here. I guess that's something?" Ayane chuckled mischeviously, with a wide grin on her face. Was she just teasing? "Oh geez..." Mae resisted the urge to whap Ayane on the back of her head. "Teeheehee..." Ayane looked expectantly at Sharaku, as if waiting to see if she would get the response she wanted or not. "I wouldn't say no to more free time... But alas, I have a pet, an apartment and friends to take care of, alongside other things..." Like cooking food and doing her laundry etc. When Mae was not hanging out with friends, Charles or fighting Shadows, most of her days was dedicated to chores. In a way, she felt a bit like a house-wife. Except that A: She wasn't married and B: She didn't have any kids to take care of, and C: she only needed to cook for herself, as Charles couldn't eat food. But oh well... At least she had things... kind of.

"Your own fault? How?" Ayane asked. To be honest, that part did confuse Mae as well. What exactly did he mean by that? "I guess I could use something like that... but heels are so uncomfortable. Call me whatever you want, I don't wanna wear something that physically hurts." Unless it was a REALLY special occasion, she would probably not wear anything like that anytime soon. That did not however mean that she didn't own a pair or two. She was just not wearing em.

"Well... it's about someone I know... Last time I met this guy, we kind of split off in a bad way, and... I want to give him a second chance... How do you think I should approach him? I made a mistake back then, telling him something I should probably not have told him... I think he's blaming everything that went bad for him on me... I... *Sniffle* I Just don't wanna lose him. S-Sharaku... Help... W-What should I do?" Mae was so lost... How did she honestly repair what she had caused... Even if Mae and Charles ended up just being friends after all this, that was fine... As long as he didn't hate her... That's what really mattered to her.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Hmm. Maybe. But not really. ''Dying may be. Then again, when you're dead, you don't even know that you have it worse than someone anymore. I'm not sure we should be talking about that now, though...'' That wasn't exactly the best topic for a small talk. Negative much? He was fairly neutral on the matter, but he didn't really want to sit in a downy atmosphere either. ''Well, anything is better than pessimism.'' He was honestly on and off. Optimism was an option, but he didn't always take it, unless it seemed actually possible for it to happen.

He would look at Ayane with a deadpan face. ''Yes, I do. I didn't know you wanted a three-way though. Bold of you.'', he would state in a similar tone. Of course, he was just messing with her, but hey. He didn't even like his own idea to begin with. ''Doesn't hanging out with friends count as some free time? Unless you spend it managing their lives.'', he'd ask with a slightly raised eyebrow. She did mention friends afterall. Didn't that count for free time in at least a way? ''Well, I suppose it's what I get for mentioning a dress when a talk is about clothes?'' It seemed so. Again, he wasn't bothered either way. ''No one is making you. Though, I usually don't hear women complaining. I wouldn't know either way. Never tried.'' What reason would he have for it? None, unless something crazy went on. Not impossible, but unlikely.

He would frown a little. When did this turn into personal problems? Ah well. What to say, though? It was hard to make some judgement with such little detail. Saying a wrong thing is very vague. It could mean many things. ''I can't say much like this. Talking to him is an obvious way...but it depends a lot on what you mean by saying something you shouldn't. That could mean anything, from an accidental insult, to spilling an important secret of his and so on. I'd rather not make an assumption out of nothing. Though, if you didn't do anything really serious, then blaming it on you is not fair of him.'', he would answer after some thought. ''Cheer up though. Things happen, and you can always try. And if he doesn't listen at all...then it's his fault, not yours.'', he'd add with a thin smile. That was as much as he could do right now. It was up to her if she elaborated on anything. He wasn't going to give completely random advice, when it might not be relevant.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Ayane would blink slowly before speaking up again. "Then what about those people ar-Alright, this is getting sad, let's change topic before the mood is ruined." Mae nodded. "Ditto. Couldn't have said it better myself." Things were getting rather gloomy, and that was the last Mae needed. Fortunately, Ayane and Sharaku averted the crisis before it struck. "Hehe, that's very true." As long as you were Optimistic within reason it was okay. Even Mae had her limits. But she would try to put on a brave face if things got rough, if not for herself, then for the others. If she could inspire others to act in an otherwise hopeless situation, that would be all worth it.

"W-What?!" The two girls exclaimed in unison, with their cheeks reddening a bit. That he actually went there... Mae couldn't resist it anymore. She gave Ayane a good bonk on the back of her head. "OW!" Mae took a deep breath. "I can't believe you just asked that!" She could keep on going scolding Ayane for a good long while, but considering Sharaku was with them, she regained her composure rather quickly, but she was still a little flushed. "E-Erm..." Her friend, on the other hand, seemed to have a little bit of trouble with that... Ayane would just sit there, looking at Sharaku in complete shock as to what he had said. And Mae had a sneaking suspicion that her friend wasn't completely against the idea... But Mae sure was.

"Well, I guess... In a sense. But I rarely get to dedicate some time to myself. But eh. I vastly prefer to hang out with friends over being alone. But sometimes, Solitude is nice too..." Like reading that manga which Hikaru had been so kind to get Mae dragged into. Sargeant Frog... She was 8 volumes in by now. A Pretty good read, if she had to be honest. But if it rested between the Manga and her friends, reading would lose everytime, no contest.

"Hehe. So you brought it on your own before?" It was Sharaku who brought up the whole dress deal to begin with. But sheesh, that would be one, big dress for him. "Eh, I guess it's just me being me then." If someone asked her really nicely, though, she might put on heels for one day... Luckily for her, no-one had actually asked that of her yet.

Sharaku's words might not have seemed like much at first, but to Mae, it was more than enough, if only to cheer her up a bit. "I'm not sure if this is a good place to tell you everything... Maybe some other time." Mae said, with a gentle smile on her face. "From the bottom of my heart, Sharaku... Thank you... It really means alot hearing you say that." He really was a solid friend to have... She would have to seek him out as soon as she could tomorrow after this. Maybe he could help her out of this situation she found herself in? Her mood certainly brightened up after that.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 4:31 pm

''Fine with me.'' He wasn't really feeling sad himself or anything, but it was still probably not a good topic for a casual conversation like this. Unless all sides wanted to, but it seemed that the two were happy enough to drop it. Well, he wouldn't blame them. Most people probably didn't enjoy talking about dead people and anything around that.

He would snort at their response. It was worth it. That, and Ayane had asked for it with her question. ''Exactly what I said.'', he would chuckle. ''And I guess this means I win.'' Maybe? Didn't seem like more comments were due to come anytime soon. Too bad for Ayane, but he wouldn't fall for something like that so easily. In a way, she got what she asked for. He was just joking nevertheless, so no real harm done. Something like that would never happen, because he himself would not agree to it.

Hmm. ''Well, you could always ask to have some time alone. Friends would probably understand that. There's nothing wrong about that. Honestly, people get tiring at times.'' Afterall, he liked being alone most of the time. Not always, but definitely more than your casual outgoing person. He had nothing against social interaction, but he usually had enough to be happy with the amount fairly quick. ''Kind of.'', he would shrug. Couldn't deny that. He did bring it up back then too. ''Well, you being you means you're unique. Probably good enough.'', he would smirk a bit. But honestly, what did he know about those matters? Despite not having a problem with possibly wearing girl clothes, he still wasn't anywhere close to being a woman.

Some other time...well, he could take that. Perhaps a club was not a good place to discuss something like that. Then again, she did bring it up to begin with. This and that, it was still her choice in the end. ''Very well. I shall wait then.'' That's what she wanted, yes? Though, he would give her a slightly sheepish smile. What was with such a poetic thanks? It's not like he could have said no when she asked for help...alright he could have, but still. He didn't really say anything too helpful anyway. Or maybe people were just thankful for anything nowadays. That, or he was a bit slow to get the point of this. Maybe. Oh well. ''Hmm?'', he would tilt his head, before using whichever of his hands was free to poke her forehead. Well, attempt to, at least. ''You asked, I answered. No need to make me feel like I just saved your life.'' Because, he would probably expect that kind of gratefulness for something bigger than what he really did.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 5:09 pm

"O-Oh..." Ayane squirmed a bit in her seat. Mae on the other hand looked at her friend. "You brought this on yourself, you know." Sometimes, people were better off not asking questions. This was a pretty good example of that. Sharaku seemed to enjoy himself though, so it wasn't all bad. He couldn't actually be serious about that... Could he? It seemed highly unlikely to Mae that Sharaku would actually go and do such a thing, regardless of how attractive the two girls might be. But then again, he was unpredictable. Whether that was a good or a bad thing was anyone's guess. "And what do you mean by 'win'?" Mae asked, somewhat perplexed. Had there been some sort of competition or something? Ayane seemed to get what he was talking about. She was definetely operating on an entirely different wavelength at times. "Well, I can't out-do that." Ayane chuckled awkwardly, while the rosiness faded slowly from the two girl's cheeks.

"I suppose so... It's just that I have a hard time saying no sometimes..." Mae really didn't like hurting people's feelings. She would feel so guilty about it afterwards. And just to avoid that, she said yes almost every time someone asked to hang out, even if she didn't want to... It was kind of pathetic in a way, but that's how she is. And it wasn't going to change anytime soon, unless something major happened to her that would change her point of view. "I just end up feeling guily about it later on, even though I know they won't take any offense to it..."

"Hehe, it almost sounds like you would want to test it out, when you say it like that." What warped kind of cognition did this girl have? Was she truly insane? Mae honestly wondered what was going on inside that brain of hers. But that's one of the things that made Ayane so fun to hang out with. She was unpredictable, just like Sharaku, in a sense. Although, Ayane was a bit more... extreme in most cases. Like that one time She leapt forward to have Blaez catch her... One day, Ayane would end up getting herself hurt if she didn't think before acting rashly. "Hehe. My hair already does a good enough job of that, Sharaku." Mae chuckled lightly. Indeed, Pink wasn't exactly a common color. Although, her hair was slightly bleached to get that creamy color to it. Otherwise, her hair was normally a bright shade of Red. The reason why she had done so was because of her step-mother. She had the same color for the most part, if not a shade darker than Mae's, but hers was actually colored, and not bleached, like Mae's.

"You know of any good place we could meet up? I need to get this stuff off my chest soon..." Whatever worked out in the end. If He was busy tomorrow, then that was okay. "I... I'd like to meet up tomorrow, if that's okay? We can discuss it then..." Mae flinched somewhat when Sharaku decided to poke her forehead. "Huh? What was that for?" She would attempt to poke him back at first, but... Well, in the current position she was in, it was rather difficult to reach. Not to mention the height difference didn't exactly do her any favors. "Well... I'm just really grateful, that's all. I... N-Nevermind." Mae shook her head, causing her hair to whip around. No need to bring that up just yet... It felt a bit early... Besides, she needed to see what Charles had to say for himself first...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Indeed, Ayane brought this upon herself. She poked at him, so he poked back. Just on a higher level than she started with. But it wouldn't be a comeback if he didn't outdo her, right? He would smirk at Mae asking. ''Simple. She poked at me, so I returned the favor. And seeing as I got nothing in return, I win this one. And indeed, she asked for this herself.'' And it was entertaining regardless. The reactions were sort of priceless. Then again..he did suggest what he did. Couldn't really expect to get straight faces in return for that.

Can't say no, eh? Hmm, he could understand in a way. It was always possible that people would be sad to receive a no. But..you can't please everyone either, without sacrificing too much yourself. It could be a dilemma sometimes. He himself wasn't a fan of upsetting people for real. However, he disliked being walked all over too. Solution? None, really. It was always..pick one or the other. Unless he was lucky to agree with the given suggestion or such. Then he could catch a break for a moment. ''I can see why...On the other hand, if people manage to notice you didn't really want to..they might feel guilty instead. It's sort of a gamble. Sadly, you can't please everyone without a price. That's life for you...'' Frankly, it sucked sometimes. But they were individuals, so it was bound to happen one way or another.

He would give a vague smile. ''That's a secret.'' Did he want to try it? She didn't have to know everything, did she? In all honesty, he was neutral, but it wouldn't hurt to play it off either. She wanted to be nosy, so he'd play his own game. He could dance around with words when needed. He would regard Mae contemplatively. ''Perhaps? Then again, lots of people dye their hair. But I'll admit that you're the first I've seen with a pink shade.'' At least, he couldn't truly remember anyone else right now. He met blonde, white and such...Actually? On second thought, he didn't even know that many girls. A bigger amount of people on his 'already met' list were guys. ''Still not as unlikely as me, I suppose.'' Unless people colored their skin unusual colors too, along with not very natural eye color as well.

He would take a moment to think. ''Perhaps some local park or something similar? It's less likely to be crowded outside. It's pretty much summer anyway, so there is no reason to sit inside. It's up to you, though.'' He wasn't really picky on places. He was okay with most options. He usually just wandered around outside anyway. ''I'll see...but I can't guarantee anything. We don't get notices when something bad is about to happen nowadays...'' For all he knew, part of an island could explode tomorrow. He would stick his tongue at her when she questioned his poke. ''Can't I? And no reason, really.'' He just felt like it. And it was a good way to not focus on awkward stuff. At least for him. And it was funny to watch her try to poke back. ''I can bend down if you want.'', he'd suggest jokingly. He would blink when she didn't finish her following statement. Nevermind what..? Well, he was a bit curious, but it wasn't a good time to pry. Not after this kind of discussion. ''Alright then. Glad to be of use, milady.'' He was in a rather jokey mood today, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 7:36 pm

"Ah, so that's why..." Mae couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at that. Both of them trying to outdo eachother, like it was some sort of contest. "Pfft. I'll get you next time, gramps." Ayane said in a joking manner. //Gramps? Really, Ayane? // Mae shook her head with a wry smile on her face. She was perhaps a bit salty for losing to Sharaku, but that's what you get...

"Yeah... It's a balancing act on a high level... A balance act which I almost always fail." Mae said with a deep sigh. Why was it so difficult to decline for her? "Yeah... I know, and it bothers me... More that I'm basically incapable of declining an offer to hang out, than anything else. But I don't wanna feel guilty afterwards either... It's quite the conundrum, isn't it?" She would have to solve this issue on her own. One day maybe she would be able to... But when that day would actually come, no-one knows...

"Aww... no fun. Hehe, I'm just kidding. It's fine if you don't wanna tell me." Ayane smiled at Sharaku. She did respect his personal boundaries. You just had to be clear where they were, and Ayane wouldn't cross them. At least, Mae knew this from experience. 14 years of experience... so she knew this matter inside out at this point. "Oh? So I'm the first? Although, this isn't dyed. It's bleached actually... If only slightly. My real hair-color is actually slightly darker, leaning towards a pinkish shade of red. If that makes sense." Mae was pretty happy about her hair. It was a common compliment people gave her back in Japan, along with her singing voice, of course. So naturally, Mae cared for her pink donning quite a bit. It was the one feature of her looks that she actually went out of her way to make it look perfect every morning. "Yeah... You do stick out quite a bit yourself." Ayane said. She quickly realized how he might take that, so she quickly added "Not saying it's a bad thing! Ehehe..." She would smile sheepishly at Sharaku.

"Does the park in San Malarus work for you?" Mae asked, looking up at him. "It's quite peaceful over there, and... really beautiful, if I do say so myself." Honestly, she had mixed opinions about that place... While it was a very tranquil and in general good looking area, Bad things have happened to Mae there on multiple occasions... Both Traeh getting her Persona, and the whole Charles incident. But it felt like a good place to go to... After all, they were going to discuss something rather serious... "I guess so... If something does indeed happen... Please be careful, okay?" Mae knew that he wasn't as reckless as say Hyde or Jack, but still, it never hurt being concerned... "I-I'm not saying you can't..." Mae said nervously. "Bend Down?" Mae smiled cheerfully. "Ahaha, you don't have to." At least she was smiling again. That was a step in the right direction. "M-Milady?!" Mae's cheeks would bloss up again, and she fell silent. He was most likely just messing with her, but still, she felt a bit warm inside hearing him call her 'milady'. Mae reacts to the smallest of things when she's nervous...

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Well, would there be any other reason..? Okay, he could have been completely serious, but would that even be believable? Then again, you can never be sure how people view you in their head. ''Try me, kiddo.'', he would throw back at Ayane nonchalantly. Hm, that actually sounded weird from him. But if he was old then, she was the opposite, afterall. He wouldn't lose out so easily, if she wanted to keep going at this back and forth.

Ah well. ''It is. But maybe you can hope you'll get something for being nice one day?'', he would smile thinly. ''Though..perhaps you could just try differently? Not saying no exactly, but explaining why would it be better to hang out later or such. That way, you'd still go with them, but be able to have some time beforehand at least. It could be a way to compromise if you can't simply decline.'' Would that even work? No idea. It was just a random thought. He did not like upsetting people...but usually, he did not see declining a hang out once in a while as something bad to do. So in this particular case, he didn't have a real problem giving a negative answer. If someone gets upset over that happening once in a while...then they just appear to be a bit too demanding. He could understand if it was no almost constantly, but otherwise, it wasn't really fair to get worked over it without a good reason.

He would huff. ''So was I?'' Technically, he was kidding. There wasn't really a secret to begin with..so, what would would be the real point of hiding? He avoided it on purpose, but not in the meaning she took it as. Maybe he seemed too serious. Eh. ''So you're kind of a ginger normally?'' It appeared so. He wasn't really familiar with redheads. It wasn't common in Japan..nor where he was born, not really. And here in Azores..it didn't seem like a color you see every day either. ''At least you win at having the less usual when it comes to that. My hair is just black.'' Nothing more, nothing less. The only slight out of place feature could be the fact that reached almost his lower back at this point, when let loose completely. That was not seen often for a guy, he'd guess. He would shake his head slightly. ''I won't take offense from that. I've gotten used to the fact that I don't look exactly normal by now.'' Sure, some people perhaps gave him looks, but it wasn't like he could do much about that. No use getting worked over it. It was what it was.

...he didn't really remember how the San Malarus park looked. But it probably mattered little for the result. ''It can work, yes. I don't see why not. It's not that far either...'' Well, debatable. He would still have to get across islands, as he lived in Penecia. But, it wasn't as far as some other locations. He would almost mock pout. ''Shouldn't I be saying that?'' It was usually the other way around, not the girl telling the guy to be careful. And no, he didn't mind. He was just poking at her, sort of. ''I know you're not saying that, don't worry.'' He did do that out of the blue afterall, so it wouldn't even be rude of her to protest, in actuality. ''Alright. I'll stay up for now then.'' Besides, she could just poke him elsewhere, had she really wanted to. He would chuckle at her reaction. ''Yes? Or should I go with Miss perhaps?'' He was aware that he was getting her flustered, but for whatever reason, he was having fun with this.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 am

Oh, and they were at it again. Mae chuckled lightly as Ayane retaliated. "Oh I will, old timer." She chuckled lightly. They could be at this forever... But eventually Ayane would probably give up. That was just a matter of time really. "You really don't wanna give in just yet, do you?" The pinkette grinned at her friend. "Of course not! Maybe..."

"You think so? I think having close friends that you can rely on is a reward enough in and of itself. But if someone went ahead and gave me something, I would not complain." She would accept it with a smile. "Hm? Never thought about that before... Huh. Sounds like a good compromise no? As long as I don't delay the meet-up again after that." Doing that every once in a while sounded like a fair compromise... Why not give it a shot? Sharaku was just full of great ideas, wasn't he? "Hehe... It sounds so simple. Hopefully it ends up working out for you, Mae." Indeed. What harm could testing it out do?

"Hehe. Well, I don't wish to step on anyone's toes needlessly." Ayane smiled widely at him. She had always been pretty good at reading people. I guess that comes with her nosy demeanor, knowing when to stop poking her nose in other people's buissness was a rather good trait of hers. "Yeah. I much prefer this color over red though. I tried it out when I started High-school, and I've stuck with it since then. People generally have very mixed opinions on it, most of em good, but... not everyone approves of it. But those who don't like it can go somewhere else, because I'm not changing back anytime soon. I like my hair." Hopefully it didn't bother any of her friends though... That would be... a bit troublesome. But she was probably worrying over nothing. After all, had any of them had any issues with it, they would've voiced them by now. "Hehe, not that there's any problem with Black. Sure, it's a bit generic, but it does complement your eyes and skin-tone rather well..." D-Did she seriously just say that out loud?! Mae caught herself in the act, coughing awkwardly with a light blush on her face. "Ehm..." Ayane had been quiet for most of the exchange, listening to the two talk with a wide grin on her face. She knew... There was no hiding from Ayane. Gosh darn it.

"Alright! Sounds good, then!" Mae smiled at him, as her worries was somewhat eased. Maybe, just maybe things would work out in the end. "Hehe... A-Alright... I'll be careful too..." She said shyly. "E-Either works f-fine..." Oh geez... Why was she getting tripped up over something like this?

Eventually, the music slowly died down, and the two finished their dance. "That was fun... I was a bit worried it wouldn't work out too well. But looks like I was worried over nothing." What a memorable evening this turned out to be. Things were getting a bit complicated, however... Would it go anywhere? Or would Mae stick with Charles? She didn't know yet. Both of them had their pros and cons... She would eventually need to pick between them, as she honestly could not see either of them agreeing on Sharing Mae... "You two looked pretty good out there together!" Ayane approached the two after saying good bye to her dance partner. "E-Eh?! T-Thanks, I guess..." Mae fidgeted slightly, avoiding Ayane's gaze, with rosy cheeks. At least they had fun. Which was kind of the purpose of it in the first place...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 9:45 am

Sure she would. It probably wouldn't do more then entertain him either way. ''Feel free to take your sweet time, baby princess.'' Though, he would roll his eyes shorty afterwards. ''Remind me where are we going with this again..?'' Not that he minded, but it was starting to get a bit repetitive, and he doubted the plan was to spend an hour doing this kind of thing.

Ahm. That wasn't exactly...''I didn't really mean it in that way. But I suppose that can work too.'' He wasn't trying to put it as the people giving her a gift, but that was one way to go. ''Up to you. If you think it can help. I personally don't have a big problem saying no in this kind of situation. It wouldn't be fair of a friend to insist you to be ready to go out all the time, so a no once in a while shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure they have moments when they don't feel like it either.'', he would shrug a bit. Then again, it was her call. He had simply suggested a half-solution, in a way. Though, saying she didn't want to once in a while couldn't truly hurt her.

He would smirk. ''Do you? It seemed to me that you actually like being a bit nosy.'' Leave it to him to be straightforward with matters like these. But hey, it wasn't like he was lying, so what? ''Well, it isn't something akin to neon green. That's something I could see being problematic. But nowadays, people color their hair almost any color you can think of, so I don't see why should it even be that big of a deal anymore. Afterall, everyone has a right to live the way they like, as long as they don't put others in danger because of it.'' Haircolor was just haircolor. And if you didn't like a color, then too bad? Not like someone is forcing you to wear it yourself or something. He would blink at her. Yes? ''Hmm, perhaps? It would be a hassle dying it anyway.'', he would respond fairly simply, albeit he was a bit amused at her flailing.

He would give her a somewhat laidback grin. ''Great.'' Technically...that worked as an answer to all she said there. And this time, he at least didn't attempt teasing her. She probably didn't need more of that now. He still didn't exactly want her to overheat on him here. ''Hm? I wouldn't worry about small things like that. If you want to have fun, just do it, no? Worrying kind of kills the point.'' Sort of. But it would seem logical that it's harder to have fun when you're worrying over something, even when it's insignificant. He would snap out of his thoughts when Ayane came back over though. Was she done too? ''Were you spying?'', he'd ask jokingly. Frankly, he didn't really see her up until now. Then again, he wasn't really taking his time to scan over the crowd and look for her. Was she paying more attention to them than her dancing partner? Ah well. In any case...''Well, are you two planning to do anything else here?'', he'd ask eventually. After all this, he couldn't really say he had any plans himself anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 am

"Pfft... It is getting rather pointless though. As fun as this is, I doubt Mae's here just to hear us jokingly bicker with eachother, no?" Ayane said, laughing heartily. "Honestly, I'm a little lost in this." Indeed she was. Not that Mae minded it. Watching them go at eachother like that was amusing, but only to a certain extent. Would probably be for the best if they stopped, like Ayane suggested, or they would be at it all night.

"Oh? Geez... I totally misjudged what you just said. My bad!" Mae smiled apologetically at him. Why did she think like that to begin with? Maybe she was just tired? "That's true... Hopefully none of my friends are that demanding of me." That... would make things a bit more troublesome. None of her friends seemed to be like that though. At least from what she had seen of them.

"I get that alot. But I do have respect people's personal boundaries. If they say no, I'll stay away from it." Ayane leaned on the counter with her right arm, looking at Sharaku. "Yeah, true... Neon Green is a bit too much for me, but I'm not gonna go hate on people who like it. Everyone's different." Mae said with a bright smile. Acceptance was something she had in abundance. After all, you should not judge a book by it's cover. It's what's on the inside that truly matters in the end, no? "Soo... What do you think of her hair then, Sharaku?" Ayane wasn't even being subtle about it... Oh Geez. Mae fell silent, looking down on her hands timidly. "Um... A-Ayane..." Honestly, Mae did want to hear his opinion... But she would never have asked that on her own... But Ayane did that for her. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing remained to be seen... "I-I think it fits..."

"I hope you had fun too..." Mae said timidly, fidgeting where she stood, looking at Sharaku. "Hehe... I know I shouldn't worry. I just can't help it..." She would then turn to Ayane who approached them "O-Oh, hey Ayane. You had fun, I take it?" The girl responded with a quick nod and a wide grin before turning her attention to Sharaku. "Maaaybe..." Ayane answered ambiguously, looking up at the ceiling with her hands behind her back, trying to look as innocent as possible. "I dunno... We should probably start heading home soon..." Although Mae wouldn't mind to spend some more time with Sharaku... It was up to him really. "What about you?" Ayane asked, returning her gaze back to the man in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Probably not. ''You started it though. I'm just following.'' Wasn't he? Most likely, he wouldn't have poked at her, had she not done it first. ''But yes, let's stop.'' It indeed wasn't funny for too long at one time. Besides, one of them would have to give up eventually and stop either way, even if they kept at it now.

Eh? He would shake his head. ''It's fine. I'm not complaining.'' He would have reacted differently if he really cared about her not getting exactly what he meant by his words. It wasn't a mistake that would offend him to begin with. ''If they were..then that would make them not very good friends.'' Obviously enough.

He would only nod at Ayane this time. ''Right. It's just a color anyway. Shouldn't be made into a big deal.'' Yes, he probably wouldn't like Neon Green either, but to each their own. He would raise an eyebrow at Ayane. Well, if not too nosy, she obviously liked butting into other people's matters, at least. Hmm. ''Well, it goes well with her eyes.'', he would answer flippantly eventually. That should do it for now. There was nothing to do about Ayane butting in afterall.

''Well, I wasn't bored...'', he would answer vaguely with a slight smile, leaving it up to her interpretation. ''As long as you don't worry yourself to death.'', he would chuckle a bit. Now that would be bad. He would just roll his eyes amusedly at Ayane. ''Maybe, right.'' Obvious is obvious. He would hum slightly. ''What's the time anyway?'' He hadn't been paying attention. He would shrug though. ''I don't know. I honestly don't have anything specific in mind right now.'' He really didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boom? [Mae]   Boom? [Mae] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boom? [Mae]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next