Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Reconnection (Shaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Well, whether there was something or not, it probably mattered little right now. Maybe if there was enough time to wonder about it, he would, but as long as he could fight just fine, without having his Shadow resist him..it could be put on the backburner for now. Perhaps after this apocalypse ended, he could look into it more. Assuming he would even feel like it. He was honestly having enough of the supernatural nonsense at times. Then again, he doubted it would ever be different for him. ''I don't know. I never really cared enough.'' Only about what was on at the moment, not about how could it be working for others. Until recently, he didn't even really know for sure if there were others like him, and in case there were, whether he would ever meet one.

''Perhaps...'', he would mutter. ''Though, I am not sure whether I even really want to know more. I was fine with what I had up till now. I am not particularly fond of digging into old wounds unless I need to do it for some reason...but I suppose maybe one day. I am rather busy with solving the catastrophes happening right now anyway.'' That one was a simple truth.

He would only nod in agreement when Oki conceded to the matter with Maya, watching the butterfly silently without moving until the other spoke again. He would snort lightly. ''I'll try. Sorry in advance if I get held back by some God or Angel. These things like to happen lately. I might even get buried in sand soon.'', he'd retort in a somewhat joking manner, before turning his gaze to look over the bridge rails. ''Hm...Why did you choose to stay here, despite all the things that are happening now? It's a wonder not many people are actually leaving due to the situation...'', he'd ask in a thoughfully tone, staring at some random point in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Heh. Sharaku. He was always the neutral ground in the situation, content with what was before him and not always looking to go beyond that bubble unless it suited his purposes in life. He was a complete opposite of Oki who dug further and sometimes deeper than it should when it came to information. He had a limit to where he would go while Oki did not, but then again maybe it was these traits that drew them together nicely enough. After all something had to be there since Sharaku hadn’t run off yet.

“Mmm. I meant no rush. You are quite right. There is much too much chaos about at the moment that loves to give us all headaches,” the being said as it shook its head lightly as the butterfly decided to move off. When Oki told Sharaku to keep it in the loop about things after settling how to handle Maya, the being got a light snort as the other gave it a response that made it smirk nervously as it rubbed the back of its head.

“Ah yes. Can’t forget about that little pickle now can we?” Oki said with a light chuckle and then tilting its head it became serious as it focused on the last words said.

“Buried in sand? What does Shaku plan to do now?” Oki asked as it looked over at him curiously. It knew of one place that was having sand issues and while it had never been to said location it figured that the school that suffer from the issue was more than likely connected to an alt version of itself and turn it was the other side that caused the sand. An unfounded assumption, but a likely one none the less. Where else could sand be? A beach? Still…Shaku being buried in sand? What mad talk was this?

In any case, Oki would let the other have a chance answer or not before it listened to the next set of words and closed its eyes for a moment as it thought how to answer that question.

“I suppose... I and many others are just too stubborn to move,” Oki began as it reopened its eyes and watched the clouds as it leaned easily against the railing.

“I’ve been working so hard to bury everything that was the old me. Tried to plant myself here and be something more normal, but instead all that investment turned into something more complicated with friends, angels, and gods and what not running lose. When this first started, I didn’t know what to do with myself and to be honest if you hadn't approached me at the station, I would've more than likely gave up right then and there. You managed to keep me going and so I went digging for information, but instead I and another came face-to-face with an angel that caused me to think differently about the situation at him. The angel gave me a reason to fight harder for these islands and the people I cared about,” Oki’s eyes moved to look at the walls of the volcano as it continued. “I sided with the angel for a better future for us all and while it may seem foolish to some, the more I linger here, the more I find what I did to be right.”

Oki paused as it sighed lightly before looking over at Shaku with a faint smirk.

“I have been saved from death three times in my life. One was when I first got here, the second on the other side by the angel I decided to side with, and the third time by Luck on another island when the one called Ananke arrived to cause havoc. I don’t take those saves lightly and so find it my duty to keep these islands safe and help them towards a better future. That and I would miss hanging out with you in the end if I left, but I digress. What is your reason for sticking around, hm?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Sharaku would hum lightly. ''Headaches? Not really. Perhaps a little stress. I simply dislike mindlessly rushing into too many things at once. That, and seeing certain individuals I know do that, and end up getting into a mess makes me want to play that kind of game even less. Therefore, I think I'll excuse myself out of that until later.'' That aside, his interest in it was moderate at best. Yes, he was somewhat wondering what the deal with Shadows was, but it was not on the top of his list. Not yet. He would proceed to smirk. ''As a matter of fact, I am not planning anything. Simply assuming what is most likely. I've been recently told that the Academy has been turned into a mini desert by the other world, and knowing my overeager 'teammates' or at least some of them, I am probably going to get dragged along to fix it. Perhaps I'll get to swim in sand as a side activity.'' Not that he considered it very fun, but what can one do?

He would frown as Oki proceeded to explain in quite the detail. Though, he would remain silent until the end, before reacting in any way. ''You met an Angel?'', he would ask contemplatively, as he gripped onto the railing, pulling himself up to eventually stand on it. After that, he would turn his head to look at Oki. ''What reason was there to join one this quickly?'', he would raise an eyebrow questioningly. He did take notice of the other mentioning Ananke, and while the name was familiar, he wouldn't ask about that now. One thing after another. Besides, that was something he could look into later anyway. ''My reason? I am simply tired of running around. Isn't that what cowards do anyway? Knowing myself, I'd get into trouble either way, so I don't see a point in going elsewhere for that reason either.'', he'd answer nonchalantly, looking ahead, the wind ruffling his hair a bit. He could have said more after all that Oki told him, but he didn't feel like monologuing much. He was listening, yes, but he wouldn't say more than that yet.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 1:33 pm

“Mmm. That is a wise idea. One step at time. Wish I could do the same, but I just can’t help, but to be nosy and poke into things I should simply leave alone. Still, I am willing to place such a game on hold for when there is perhaps more time to play. You don’t have to promise to play the game, but at least try to make it for tea, k?” the being said looking over at the other with a light smile before it was tilting it was tilting its head lightly at Sharaku’s smirk.

To his words, Oki nodded.

“Ah. So my hunch about the rumors wasn’t completely off. I know many have been forced out of the place, but wasn’t sure just what the source was,” Oki said and then with a light snort continued. “I hope your friends take care of ya then. I don’t want anyone sending me any messages that a life guard is needed to save you or anyone else from that sand,” the being said lightly wishing Sharaku the best of luck in its own way. Sure, it was worried about its friend, but it was not one to stop someone for doing something either. There was no way anything could be gained from holding another back.

In any case, as the conversation shifted to reasons for staying when so much chaos happened around them, Oki would talk and Sharaku would listen with a frown. Maybe he was displeased with the length of the speech or maybe the information itself. It was hard to say, but when he asked his question, Oki was quiet as it was slightly distracted by Sharaku climbing onto the rails of the bridge and then balancing himself there.

“Impressive, Shaku,” Oki would say its voice monotone and calm, an instinct response more so than anything else and then blinking it would snap back to realty as it nodded.

“Yeah. The angel of my home island, San Malarus. To be honest, I didn’t have a choice or at least that was how it felt when I was on my last leg and staring down the barrel of a gun wielded by her champion,” Oki said with a sigh as it remembered that near encounter with death. Yeah. Not a pleasant memory. “In the beginning, it seemed like a bad move, but…the more I’ve learned about the angel and her champion, the more I find I don’t mind fighting for their cause," Oki said in soft tones. “It might not be the right way, but it is least some step towards something even better in my head,” Oki said before its eyes looked up at Sharaku. “And you? Have you encountered one?”

Oki would give the other a chance to answer before asking its own question and then listening to what the other said as it tapped its chin in thought.

“Heh. That is one way of putting it. Not sure if the runners would agree they were cowards, but,” Oki shifted so it was able to sit on the bridge and stretch out its legs as leaned back and looked up at Sharaku. “I agree with the running getting pointless after a while.”

Oki would fall silent after that as it closed its eyes and enjoy the nice weather for a bit, even though its ears were open to what else may be said.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Sharaku would grin in amusement. ''I do like to play games, but I only play them when I know I have a fair chance of winning. Juggling several makes it harder. It is easier to gain when you focus on one rather than poke a bit into several at the same time. Unless it is a neccessity, of course. In which case, you just have to learn to manage as best as you can.'' Too much at once was rarely beneficial. Multitasking was possible, but the more you are trying to do at the same time, the more chance that you will slip up somewhere, or simply overload yourself, and burn out. He'd rather wait a bit when it wasn't something that required immediate attention. Curiosity was one thing, but it could wait for a moment.

He would stick his tongue out at Oki. ''I can take care of myself well enough. I don't intend to let myself get dragged down easily. And I doubt a life guard would be enough to provide any help. The disruption is most likely caused by a Primordial. It is not going to be a walk in the park for people that are not up to par to face whatever is the source of the sudden chaos over there. The sand itself is probably the lesser evil.'' Simply put, he'd rather no one foolishly run into there without knowing the possible consequence of that action. He wasn't exactly a goodwill to that extent, but watching people rush in like idiots, and having to help them in the end, just to avoid some apocalypse was not something he found pleasure in.

''Hm? Not really.'', he would state, looking over at Oki from his new higher position. He didn't find it hard to stand where he was now. Balance was something he could do well. His frown would get a bit deeper as Oki elaborated. ''San Malarus? Isn't that the place where they hunt Persona wielders now? I wonder. Why is the Angel allowing that? As far as my knowledge goes, they are supposed to be there to help humans, not eliminate them for lame reasons, such as having a power.'' His expression would turn into a bemused sneer. ''No, I haven't met one personally yet, aside from the reporter woman. But I have tried looking for one. She did not give the time of her day, aside from making random snow storms on the way. It just felt like a ghost hunt, to be honest.'' Conclusion? None. ''As it stands, I am not impressed at all. What exactly are the Angels doing to actually help? They are hiding out, forcing us to search when our time is ticking. Then, you have an Angel that lets hunts for people pass by. Unless someone proves me that there is a point in it, I am not even interested in joining one for real. If there is something I do not like, it is bowing solely to one side. I choose what I'll do, and I'll be damned to let someone dictate my actions as I go. Doubly so when it is someone I do not even have a reason to trust.'' Perhaps he was being harsh, but he did not care. He was willing to assist when it was something he approved of, but binding himself to a cause? Not much of a chance of that happening. Not without knowing he could choose to quit when he felt it was appropriate. Perhaps in the case Oki had faced..to escape death..maybe. Still, he would resist very soon, if the arrangement proved to go against what he thought. He wasn't a toy to be played with and tossed around.

''Can't say. I'll admit that there are times when running is the best strategic move to employ. Retreat once, to come back when you are stronger. Still, someone who does it constantly, is most likely viable to be considered a coward of sorts.'' He would hum lightly, looking down at the other. ''So, what shall you do? There will sure be people that will oppose your idea of joining that exact Angel. Perhaps someone who follows a different one. Will you fight?'', he'd ask, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:35 am

“Hehe,” the light chuckle in response to the grin as a gloved went up to cover lips matched the amusement Sharaku displayed.

“I suppose I am a bigger gambler then. I prefer to gain as much as I can in one go and if something twists along the way, I just adjust,” Oki said allowing its true nature to slip, allowing Sharaku to see it for exactly what it was: A female information gather trained to gather data at all costs; however, it was also logical.

“But since I may potentially be playing with another, I’ll be patient just this once,” the being said with a content smile. When the other stuck his tongue out at the being Oki smirk as it listened to the words said.

“Hrmm…perhaps so,” Oki said as it settled back into semi-seriousness. “I just hope that it is not Ananke again. That guy was a nut and while I am sure you can take care of yourself, how well can your friends handle such madness?” Oki said as it watched the other quite relaxed on the ground. To be honest, it didn’t like the idea of running into things without a plan. Sure, one could go explore, but always with a back up plan to escape. While Sharaku didn’t seem like one to go rushing into things without a thought, Oki wasn’t sure what type of allies the guy had and whether or not they were thinkers or not. Ah well, perhaps Sharaku could keep everyone in line if they weren’t wild and unruly. Oki would try not to worry as much as the conversation turned to balance and other things.

“Not really? Shaku be acrobat then?” Oki asked as it watched its friend balance in his spot. Not everyone could do that without fear of some sort. Of course, Sharaku could’ve been doing things like this all his life, so maybe this was natural; however, this mattered little as the subject matter became more serious and frowns came back to Sharaku.

“Hmmm. I don’t think the angel commanded such a thing. From what I know about the angel she is very kind, but doesn’t interfere with the affairs of that world. She watches instead and supports those that line up with her. I think…the people there decided to put out that order to kill those with power. I can’t be certain, but from the wanted posters I saw before things exploded so to speak, my boyfriend Hyde might’ve done something that caused quite the stir and set them off. It may have something to do with whatever the Red Storm was...at least that is what I have gathered; however, I haven’t confronted him about the subject yet, so I am not quite sure of the whole story,” Oki said as it looked to the side with a perplex frown. Just what could’ve Hyde done to get such an extreme reaction from a world? A curiosity to question in the future, but not now.

When Sharaku answered its questions about meeting an angel himself, Oki took note of the sneer and the mention of the reporter. To this, it raised an eyebrow. So the reporter girl was an angel too. Well, that explained a lot of why she seemed to be no where and everywhere at the same time. To his other words, Oki surprisingly gave the other a soft smile as its eyes narrowed thoughtfully at the other.

“Ah. What a very wise creature you are and perhaps you have just hit the nail on the head. These angels…they hide and let human and creatures do all the work. Perhaps they aren’t so much trying to rule us, but rather give us choices to make our own path. I am not sure what will happen if one idea wins over the other, but maybe one idea is not suppose to win. Maybe we are suppose to bring all the angels together in harmony and through that beat our true enemies. As for trust, I suppose that relies on the person alone. I have no reason not to trust the angel I am under or her champion,” Oki replied to the other in honest tones. It really didn’t have a reason to not trust Deva. She didn’t seem to impose anything on another. She just simply wanted her world to come into being, but how that idea came about was up to those who serve her. Control over the humans seemed the last thing she wanted…..

“Hmm…perhaps they are, but you don’t seem like the cowardly type, Shaku,” Oki said and then tilting its head gave the other a contemplative look, then being asked another questions Oki shook its head lightly.

“No. I did not join the angel to impose belief upon another. I plan to observe and find balance between us all. A fool’s quest perhaps, but I think that is the best way to go about it. The only time I am planning to fight is if myself, my angel, or my allies or friends are in danger. Otherwise, I am looking for peaceful solutions to this problem we all are faced with,” Oki said before looking up at the other.

“I am looking for the other angels to hear their side of the story. I figure if I learn more, a solution can be found; however, I cannot collect this data alone. Will you…” Oki hesitated for a moment before continuing. “Will you aid us?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Sharaku would shrug vaguely. ''I could be. I can adjust when needed, but I can't bring myself to be extremely fond of playing a game which I know is more danger than worth. Unless the benefit of winning is high enough for me to reconsider. Besides, I prefer playing games by my own rules, not by those that I am given.'' Technically, he could, but he saw little reason to risk his hide more than it was already necessary. Maybe if he really felt like it, but it wasn't too likely. ''Patience is virtue, is it not?'', he would give Oki a thin smile. As annoying as it sometimes managed to be.

He would whistle lightly. ''I get your point. But I've met a Primordial before. While we did not end up fighting, I think most are aware enough of the kind of power they possess. It is their choice to jump into the danger headfirst, and I shall not stop them. There's nothing in it for me, as I am not stupid enough to take it on alone.'' There was always some sort of risk these days, no matter what move one chose to make, so might as well. Was there even someone else capable of taking on that kind of thing..? He could see some people wanting to, but it isn't the best idea for those that have less knowledge to deal with something as big as that. Sadly. ''Hm? Well, not particularly, but I could be if I wanted to.'', he would smirk faintly, before doing a backflip off the railing, back down to the ground.

He would go back to leaning against the rails, tapping his fingers on the surface thoughfully. ''But why would someone supposedly kind allow something like that? Isn't it a bit harsh to just hunt people? As well, as letting it happen and only watching on?'', he wasn't really getting the notion. Though, he would roll his eyes at the mention of Hyde. ''You two are dating? Well, that is interesting news. In any case, I know what he has done well enough. If you're interested, I can tell you.'' That one was up to Oki. He could also let Hyde explain himself, though, Sharaku had a feeling the redhead would tell it in a way that would make it seem like he was only a victim of chance, through and through.

He would shake his head at the following response. ''I know what they are supposed to be. The reporter explained it before. We are supposed to find her Angel friends, out of which each represents a different way the world could be after this ordeal. We should each choose who to follow. However, I am not so sure about the point of this. I also know that the one that has the power to change the world accordingly, will only accept a wish from a group large enough. In this sense, the people who ally under different Angels, will have to fight and oppose each other, to make their ideal prevail. A useless struggle, in my opinion. On top of the fact that the Angels can't just come over, but make us search for them like idiots, when we have less and less time left as things happen. Yet, it was said that we apparently cannot face the Primordials without the Angels' help, because we aren't strong enough. To be honest, I find this whole hunt sketchy, but there is no proof for anything yet, so there isn't much else to do than play along for now.'' They wanted to help humans, but were also making it difficult with their damned games. That kind of negated the original purpose.

''I am not. At least not anymore.'', he would respond calmly. Being a cowards didn't help much, unless it was a purposeful action. ''Hm. Props to you for trying to keep peace. But at this rate, you will eventually be forced to fight. Unless the Angels somehow grow a brain and work together, instead of making us divide in camps, and then probably bicker as to who gets the big prize.'' Wouldn't that make more sense than stupid grouping like that? They had a common enemy, for God's sake. He would look at Oki contemplatively when asked the question. ''I can. I am willing to help you search for the Angels, and speak with them. But do not make me join one. That is all I ask.'' He would sort of have to anyway. And he already had tried with Rita before, so he couldn't say he didn't want to.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Oki took note of the shrug and found itself nodding as it gave the other a small smirk.

“I can see your point there. Don’t exactly want to lose the game while gambling either,” Oki said lightly as it watched the other. There was nothing to be gained from death, but at the same time if risks weren’t there it would be the same deal.

Nothing would be gained. In any case, it was every being to its own ways. Some took things head on while others took a more stragetic step towards what they wanted. In the end all that mattered was some degree of success.

“Heh. Virtue. More like a miracle at times,” Oki said with a light chuckle as its eyes narrowed in delight at the other. Patience was a tricky thing and one that Oki had more or less a fair share of, but still waiting things out brought tension too so it did have that side effect, but what was one to do when things remained balanced on a thin strand of sharp wire?

The whistle from Shaku drew the being from potentially wandering thoughts and back to the present.

“Oh? You met one? Was it the strange woman you mentioned before or someone else?” Oki asked as it remembered bits and pieces of the conversation it and Sharaku had when it had first awakened to its powers. It would give the other time to answer before shaking its head at the last part. “Well…I guess that is alright, but if there is nothing in it for you, why bother? You could’ve just said no to them,” Oki said as it gave the other a quizzical look.

Shaku was a strange fellow that revealed little and hid much. Oki could not imagine the other simply going on a dangerous quest just because, so why go? Was it for his friends or something else that made him walk this path? Strange, very strange.

When Sharaku answered the question about being an acrobat and then demonstrated his skill, Oki clapped lightly for the show.

“Oh very nice form and perfect landing to boot. You’d definitely be a fun act to watch in the end,” Oki said a small compliment and play, but it was true. The guy was rather impressive with his cat like reflexes and graceful moves. Even on a bridge such as this he did not mess up. An impressive thing indeed, but also a passing thing that amused.

However, amusement ended when things came back to something more serious. The way the angels acted.

“People are harsh, but perhaps higher beings are even more cruel since we don’t understand them and they do not seek to explain themselves. To be honest, this whole ordeal seems like any faith or belief. You just have to trust that the unseen is right, but you have to forge the way forward with what you believe lines up with said ideas. Humans the work and build a new order that is protected by a unseen guardian....” Oki said as it tapped its chin in thought. “It becomes loops and headaches the more I think on it….but that is the best way I understand this mess.”

Oki thought for a moment longer and then blinking at Shaku’s words nodded.

“Mmmhmm. I gave him a chance to impress me and so far, he seems like a good guy. At least from what I have seen of him. Sure he is not perfect, but he has done nothing, but been good to me. Although...you look as if you don’t care for him much. And sure go ahead, I am all ears for information,” Oki said not minding having multiple views on the same story. The different views helped picked apart the tangle and find a truth at the core.

In any case, when the subject of Hyde passed, Oki would focus on the last subject to come about regarding the angels. Sharaku brought up some interesting points that Oki had to admit it agreed upon despite being allied with an angel. The alliance didn’t help much and to be honest it often wondered if aiding the angel was just as bad as letting a one of Primordials win. Sure the angels promised things, but…what was to stop them from turning once things were settled? There was doubt there, but….Oki wanted to at least try to trust in something for once.

“It could be a wild goose chase…and it might even be a lie, it is hard to say when things twist in turn in these ways,” Oki said with a light sigh. “While I can understand where you are coming from, I honestly don’t know what else we can do, but believe in ourselves and a better future…..even if we have play as pawns for a bit to figure the whole thing out….”

Oki would close its eyes and rub them as it tried to the release the stress of thinking about all the what ifs. They could sit there all day analyzing the angels and this and that and still not come to a conclusion they both agreed on. In the end…these absolutes that the angels seemed to want could only come about through war….a war where almost nothing would be allowed to exist....and what was the point of that?

“Heh. I’ve been warned on that front many times, but I still will try. I simply cannot believe that one idea is better than the other. Like you said if that was the case…then why even do this whole "use the angels to defeat the bigger threat" ordeal in the first place? Unless they are just bored immortals looking for something to do and decided to play with us,” Oki said in a low growl showing it really would snap at its master if that indeed was the case. It was no fool and the last thing it liked was to play puppet without reason.

It had joined Deva to find the truth, but if she or Helen thought for one second that made it a robot to their whims…they had a very different thing coming. As frustrating as that was, the being would push it aside as its eyes drifted to Sharaku and locked on the other as he answered the question it was afraid to ask.

To his answer, Oki rolled to its feet and patted itself off as it wandered back to the railings and settled in a spot next to Sharaku as it looked over the vast landscape with a smile on its face.

“I wouldn’t even dream of doing that. I like Shaku just the way he is,” it told the other honestly before looking over at the golden eyed man its expression softer as relief and honest appreciation showed through.

“Thank you, Shaku,” was all it said before falling silent to observe the landscape once more content with the deal that had been set.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:46 pm

''I don't think anyone wants to lose. But one side always has to in the end.'' Sharaku would state simply, not elaborating on the subject any more for now. It would just end up going in a circle eventually. There is only so much you can say towards a topic without starting to repeat yourself after a while. He would blink thoughtfully. ''Miracle? I don't know. I like to think I am patient enough..unless someone consistently pissess me off, or annoys me too much with their behavior.'' Which didn't happen too often. There were few people that were capable of actually setting him off enough to completely make his patience fly out of the window.

He had, yes. ''Yes. Her name is Thesis. She seem to be quite powerful, but I haven't met her since. However, as far as I know, she is sort of camping in Standasen nowadays.'' He had seen that purple fog around the stadium before, but he didn't feel foolish enough to just go in there and take a look. It could be way too dangerous...and it seemed everyone was focused on paying attention to other things right now. It would probably remain that way until she actually made a move and drew attention to herself specifically. Till then, most people would probably flail about the school and such. ''I could've said no, true. But it isn't as if I want to get everyone pissed at me for something like that. And someone has to do it anyway, before it gets worse and affects everyone in Azores. I am not particularly enthused about working with my so called team, or at least some of them, but I don't feel stupid enough to go off doing things on my own, mainly when they are obviously quite dangerous. So for now, I stick with them. That, and even though there isn't much in it for me, I suppose I am somewhat interested in seeing what the deal is. Just because.'', he would elaborate with a somewhat haphazard grin. He knew not going would probably be a bad idea in the end, as tempting as it was to say he simply wasn't interested enough. Afterall, he did not have anything to do with the school, so he did have ways to justify disinterest, if he so chose. But just imagining Hyde's whining about why did he not help his friends afterwards and such was enough of a turn off from the idea in general.

He would smile thinly when Oki clapped. ''Maybe. But I don't do it often. There's no reason to, most of the time.'' The only one he could see being interested was Hyde...and it would be the kind of overdone enthusiasm that would just kill his mood quickly. The redhead honestly had no brake sometimes. He would close his eyes with a sigh. ''I personally feel that it's also that being deities, they themselves do not understand the way humans work. The reporter Angel claims that they are doing this to help us, to make humans live in their chosen kind of world. But when one thinks about it..what do humans want? Every individual has a different idea of their perfect world. Even when one idea prevails in the end, there will always be those that won't be satisfied with the change. People won't all be content with one set up, or simply one guardian, for we are all different. In my opinion, there is no one right path. You cannot please everyone, which is why the whole idea of changing the world is a bit pointless. We are already used to what we've had so far..and while it isn't the best for everyone..no other option will be. Unless someone makes several different worlds for people to choose from on their own.'' Sure, he could for example believe in something, and work for it..and simultaneously make many people upset, because they were against that idea. No matter which way you look at it, it's just a selfish way of imposing one belief on every person in the world, whether they want it, or not.

He would tilt his head for a moment, realizing something. ''Hm. So you are female then, seeing as you're going out with him? You always looked more like a guy to me. Not that it matters to me anyway.'', he would chuckle faintly. Technically, it didn't have to mean so, as two guys can be together as well, but he kind of didn't see Hyde being interested in one beyond close friendship. ''But yes, you are sort of right. I am mostly indifferent towards him. Our personalities and views clash too much for comfort. He tends to annoy me a lot, with his obnoxious idealism...and the fact that he periodically does not listen to what I'm telling him. I'm trying to be serious, and he goes waving some lame idea of fun into my face, and doesn't seem to get it when I'm not enthusiastic about it. Perhaps we just don't fit together well.'', he would shake his head bemusedly. ''On the actual point however...I'll try to make it short, but it might not be anyway. A good while ago, we had a discussion within our group, and we decided to divide investigating specific worlds on the other side between us. Hyde kind of didn't heed the decision, and rushed into San Malarus, which was to be handled by someone else. The first thing he did there, was getting into a fight..and summoning his Persona on full display. As far as I know, they were not happy, and even asked him to stop..but he disregarded and kept fighting, and even pulled a dissapearing act in the end. Since then there is a bounty on his head, and he apparently riled them up quite well. He claims that it's not his fault, because he couldn't have known. Still, he was the one who barged there when he was supposed to be taking care of a different world. Second, he could have asked the one that worked with the world beforehand, since she knew of the Red Storm event. But no, he excercised his hot head, and just ran in to have a random fight. That's pretty much the gist of it.'', he would shrug indifferently.

''Maybe. But I dislike serving someone. It never brings much good.'' Playing a pawn was not easy for him. He disliked having people throw him around because they said so. He would roll his eyes. ''Hell if I know why. They seem to want to end the Primordials, but this doesn't really strike me as a very effective way.'' He honestly didn't understand why they had to go through such roundabouts. Couldn't they just come all together and use their powers at once, before the Primordials had a chance to make a huge mess? Then they could worry about gaining followers if they really wanted it so badly.

He would look over at Oki. ''No need for thanks. I would probably end up doing it anyway, seeing as there seems to be little choice. And it's easier to search when you aren't on your own, as much as I don't like to rely on others much.'' As long as this insanity got to an end eventually...
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:22 pm

“So the world says, but I am often tempted to shake up the norm and see what happens when everyone breaks even,” Oki said with a light shrug, suggesting the idea was more of a hobby thing rather than a subject it was seriously trying to continue. There didn’t seem to be absolute balance in anything…and yet…maybe somewhere down the road the balance could be achieved for a moment and perhaps with it peace. Maybe the only reason humans had not gotten to that point was because they didn’t quite accept the idea yet. Either that or Oki was thinking to optimistically for a peaceful world. In any case, that subject was ended now, so on to something else.

“Mmm…my temper is a calm one, but also one that can change on a whim. I think I am patient, but at other times, I am too eager to wait. My curiosity and search for things always leads me to treasure…or danger. The price of being unable to be still for long and simply wait patiently for things,” Oki said as it rubbed it chin in thought. It was a strange creature indeed.

Green eyes would shift towards Shaku as he answered the question regarding meeting one of the Primordials. So he had met the one called Thesis and much like Ananke she was strong, but had remained hidden until that event at Standasen.

“I had heard whispers of that fog that came over there, but had too much on my end to worry about digging into it. I wonder if anyone has dared to investigate the strangeness,” Oki said as it gripped the rails lightly before pulling itself up on them and sitting on the thin material as it allowed its feet to dangle out into the open space between it and the world below. It was not scared as it remained balance in its spot, a perplex frown forming as it thought of something.

“I find this a bit strange. the Primordials can come out and apparently wreck havoc upon either side at a whim, but the angels cannot. I wonder…do the angels need hosts to move? And if so then what drives the Primordials? Aren’t they and the angels similar?” the being asked as it pondered this new curiosity wondering how this may effect things in the end. Hrmm…could they really win against the Primordials? Stop them? And if so would they really win or would they lose themselves to what had occurred? The questions flowed in and opened up more and more.

If Sharaku hadn’t spoken when he did, Oki could’ve very easily lost itself in all those thoughts. To the words, Oki snorted in amusement at this as it looked at Sharaku with playful eyes.

“Oho? So it is reputation and curiosity that holds you to work with that which you care little for. What an interesting little trait,” Oki said as it raised one hand and tapped its chin as it gave the other a silent and thoughtful look. It wondered if Shaku did this, then how far would he go to explore something interesting if it meant dragging along something potentially annoying or harmful. Would he take the risk? Hehe. Curious, curious, but a curiosity Oki did not dig into for the moment.

As the subject changed to acrobats, Oki would shake its head with a lopsided grin. “Prehaps you don’t need an excuse if it is fun,” the being said and then becoming serious once more, it listened to the words that followed.  

“Hmm…That is an interesting point. So if there is no right or wrong path here, would you suggest taking them all out so humans can be free?” The being asked the question out of curiosity more so than anything. While Sharaku was right in many regards, he also had hit the nail on the head in others. Humans didn’t understand the upper beings and the upper beings did not understand the lower beings. To make matters worse, the lower beings did not understand one another adding chaos on top of chaos. So…in the end there were choices, but nothing one could truly chose and know without a doubt the choice made was right. Such was the way of the world, but did their guardians know this? Or did they simply disregard such a notation and focused on their own goals? Hmmm…curious, but a question Oki highly doubted would be ever answered.

“Oki has decided it is female since being with Hyde. I suppose this help makes things less confusing for some, but we never understood this gender or other labels society has,” Oki said as it tilted its head lightly at the chuckle and then leaning towards Sharaku it would grin.

“If it did not matter, why claim it does not?” it said poking lightly at his wording and then blinking a few times it’s expression would become blank as it asked a question. “Ooh! Off topic, but does Shaku date?” it would ask before falling silent to see if the other would answer.
When the subject turned to Hyde, Oki rubbed its head lightly as it gave a sheepish grin to Sharaku.

“Ah that is unfortunate. Well, I suppose we win and lose on both sides when it comes to people,” Oki said with a shake of a head, understanding how Hyde could get under someone’s skin, Still, Oki did love him even if he had some less than desirable traits here and there. No one was perfect, so why hold that against a person? In any case, that small issue would be dropped as Oki saw no need in prodding into personally affairs more than needed.

“I see…so that is why everyone was in such an uproar over there,” Oki said as it let out a small sigh as it finally began to understand the cracks within the team that Sharaku worked with. It was true Hyde was rash sometimes, but to not listen when working with others? Well that certainly brought up a questionable trait of the redhead that had not been exposed to the being when they explored Andromeda. Hmmm…maybe it was only a matter of time until this trait was revealed to Oki. Hmmm…it was hard to say.

“Relied up…that is an understatement….”Oki said thinking how much effort it had to use to not only survive Helen’s attack, but also convince her there was another way outside of violence to settle things in the world and make goddess's plan become real. If Hyde had not done what he did…would it have been easier for itself and Dani?

“Perhaps not, but regardless of the angels or not, I would not change my mind or drop my efforts of peace. I would protect my home against all odds with or without an angel backing me up. It is just the way I am…” Oki said as it looked down at the foliage below.

“Hmm..perhaps it isn’t effective and perhaps it is? When grasping at straws here and there, it is often hard to tell which is which,”Oki said as it leaned back towards the bridge trying not to think. That was giving it headache.

A green eye would open to meet golden ones before the other opened and narrowed.

“Alone often feels safer, but…it is also to okay to rely on others from time to time,” Oki said with a light smirk. “Besides, I am very easy to manage.” The being concluded as it stuck its tongue at the other playfully as one eye shut in a wink. Playful or not, Oki was truly happy for this. It now had a partner that it believed it could fully trust in. It could not ask more than that from the world and strange forces of nature.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 3:31 pm

‘’Doesn’t happen unless all parties involved agree on it.’’ Sharaku would state in turn. It’s pretty much never even, because those that could get more, won’t give it up easy, just to make balance. If it doesn’t benefit them, then it’s moot. That was the general philosophy most of the time. Equality would never really work between people. ‘’Hm, doesn’t really have to be. I can’t stay still either, but that doesn’t mean I jump into possibly dangerous things because of it. You always have a choice as to what you end up doing.’’, he would shrug. Even if he did not want to wait at times, it didn’t mean he had to rush without thinking or such. Getting in trouble was not exactly a price he liked paying most of the time.

He would look towards Oki. ‘’I doubt someone has. Otherwise we would have heard about it. I’ve seen it, but that’s about it. Everyone is too focused on dealing with the rest of the problems, that are actually posing immediate threat. As long as she isn’t drawing attention to her aside from the fog, I don’t think many will bother. Since it isn’t doing anything aside from being there.’’ Well, she wasn’t doing much now, compared to other things that were getting out of proportion. People generally flocked to the more visible complications and fixed those first. He would frown a little. ‘’I don’t know. They are similar, but not the same. The Primordials are God. The Angels are apparently a lower kind of deity, or so I’ve been told before. I have no idea whether they can come out or not. Though, the reporter one being out and about suggest that they should possess the capability as the very least.’’ Whether they could or not, they didn’t appear to want to anyway.

He would raise an eyebrow. ‘’Not particularly. I simply dislike things messing around with my life when I did not ask them to. But I mostly fight for myself, therefore unless I have a reason, I don’t care as much about who I work with. If I like them, then maybe so. Otherwise, it’s mostly about tolerating the company, due to the fact that it is not always possible to handle something alone.’’, he would shrug vaguely, leaning on the rails. ‘’Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. But people usually want to hear an excuse for everything that you do.’’ Isn’t that right? And when you didn’t explain yourself, they thought you were weird or something. And that was something he often did not have patience with. ‘’Perhaps. It may be better in the end, unless a useful solution is found. The current world is nothing to die for either, but we’ve survived all this time, so maybe it isn’t the worst that can be. They, on the other hand, each aim to make a world based on a single ideology it would follow. Humans will never follow uniformity, unless one actually messed with their minds as well. There are too many of us to agree on one way of doing things in life. So, what’s the point of this change then?’’ He wasn’t seeing a lot of common sense in what the Angels were offering. Maybe each could gather a group, but they wouldn’t convince the entire humanity towards a single ideal, or a same wish. In the end, people wouldn’t be happy anyway, which meant, the new arrangement would be no better than what they had now. Perhaps even worse. Who knew?

‘’Is that so? Well, it usually ends up mattering in closer relationships. Not everyone is comfortable with both genders. A straight guy wouldn’t really want to go with another that looked like a man, whether they claimed to be either in their mind. That’s how current society works.’’, he would shrug. ‘’I said it doesn’t matter, because I don’t particularly care about whether I am tagging along with a man or a woman in the end.’’, he would elaborate, before looking at Oki contemplatively at the following question. Well. ‘’I’m not extremely comfortable with the idea, but sort of.’’, he’d answer simply, choosing not to go into detail unless Oki inquired further.

‘’Maybe it is. But I don’t really care as much anymore. There are millions of people in the world. It isn’t as if I have an obligation of getting along with everyone. There are plenty to pick from when you want company.’’
Why waste time relentlessly, trying to get along with someone when it is proving to be a useless endeavor, when you can simply find someone you get along more easily. Family is something you have to keep, but as for friends…those are the people you yourself manage, no? He would sigh when Oki commented on Hyde’s flub up. ‘’Yes, mostly. Things had been fairly calm until he roused them up by his persistence. As far as I know, since then, they have been on the hunt for both Persona Users, and at times even simply those that did not come from their world. I doubt it’s safe there even now. But it’s almost impossible to manage to tell everyone here to not go there unless it is necessary.’’ He hadn’t even had a chance to go there yet, so he didn’t know details. And with that happening, he doubted he would go there. Not unless Naomi asked for help with something. He wasn’t going to run in there like Hyde had done, just to look at the situation. Even though, perhaps he would have it easier to stay low, due to not having a Persona.

He would laugh lowly. ‘’Peace, eh? But isn’t fighting against something already the opposite of peace? As long as someone, whether human or not comes with a more so violent intention, peace is over. And often, only one single being is enough to spark a war in the end. I am not sure whether the concept of actual peace is even possible in reality, with the society we have.’’ It was hard to imagine. No one fighting over something in the world? There was fat chance of such an occurrence. There was always something. He would only give a short hum at the discussion of effectiveness. He didn’t really find it effective, but it was up to perception of the individual anyway.

‘’Well, I would have to see about that. After all, I don’t find it very ‘okay’ to rely on people that show to be unreliable to begin with.’’, he would smile thinly. ‘’But for now, I think you’re fine.’’
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:53 pm

“So Luck and Fate says, even if I am rebellious against such rules,” Oki would state simply before falling silent to ponder for just a second how everyone could be happy and break even. An high ideal situation perhaps, but one that Oki never threw aside as impossible…even if the world itself said it could not be accomplished. At some point in the past, Earth had been in an eternal peace…so why could they not get back to said point with some work? A very curious thing of nature, but a subject it did not continue on with. “Alas I digress. Where were we?” Oki would say finishing that subject as it listen to the pointer on choices.

“Perhaps…and then perhaps we do not. It is often hard for me to understand my impulse as simply programming of old or something I chose to do. I am not really sure what choice is anymore…Life sometimes seems planned….or maybe I am simply stuck in a loop that makes it seems this way….Confusing reality,” Oki said in response to the other’s shrug as it gave the other a simple truth about itself. While Oki seemed stable enough, the truth was it was a broken creature that did not play by rules because it often did not understand which rules were real and which ones were made up. Oki was a creature stuck in its own mental version of Limbo that shifted and altered each day and with each person it met. Would it ever be able to escape the place or was it doomed to stay there until it ceased to work? Hmmm…a wandering thought for another time.

Oki would tilt its head at Sharaku as the other looked at it and responded to the question about the fog.

“Perhaps that is exactly why this works so well for her. With so many things about she could be planting some serious problems for us in the future all around, but thanks to the immediate trouble, we may be too late to catch what she plants before it grows. I swear we need various units to keep up with all this,” Oki said with a light sigh as it looked away from Sharaku, wondering what it was that the quieter of the two monsters unleashed was up to.

Ananke was loud, but maybe he wasn’t the biggest problem despite power. Maybe it was Thesis they should really be concerned about. An assumption and one hard to back up when you didn’t have enough hands and trustful allies to do the various jobs needed to have a good blanket over the situation. Ah well…they’d have to make due with what they did have at their disposal. No use in complaining about the what ifs.

“Hmph…that makes things more complicated then,” Oki said as it frowned in thought about the angels potentially being able to move in or out of the dimensions they were in on their own. If they were guardians of the other side, it could see why they would stay where they were, but what if they decided to turn and become like Thesis or Ananke? Even if they weren’t gods, they would still be a problem to the islands…Hrmm….maybe they all should be taken with high caution…

“Hehe,” Oki would come out of its thoughts as it heard Sharaku’s words. It would lean back on the railing staying balanced as it looked at Sharaku with a smile. “You know…I don’t much like cats, but for some reason you are one cat that amuses me very much. You are peculiar and yet pretty sure of yourself. I like that confidence and strength not to be swayed so easily,” Oki said before its smile faded and its expression became blank. “But what happens to Sharaku when he has no choice, but to play by one or the other’s rules? Will he still resist and be himself? Or does he submit to the rules of the game he cannot escape? Would he fight Oki, if commanded too?”

The being’s anaylatical side came out without warning, but then again, Oki was a swinger of moods and modes that one either got used to or continuously confused by, but whatever reaction came from the strange words did not matter to Oki. It was simply curious about an answer. It would give him a chance to answer if he wished, the being never moving from its leaned back position as it watched the other with unblinking eyes.

When the subject came to excuses, the being would blink finally and smile again.

“Excuses matter not to us when things are simple what they are because they are,” Oki said with a light chuckle before it went back to its sitting position upon the rails, its booted feet swinging easily into the openness before it.

“The point is hidden in the mist of chaos for humans to perhaps find and perhaps not. Perhaps they simply want to test humanity's resolve on their way of living or perhaps they do not. Maybe they are hungry for control and perhaps they are not,” Oki said and then blinking looked at Sharaku with raised eyebrows. “It be like you say. A moot point cause in the end there is not an answer and yet there is, The purpose destroys the meaning,” Oki said not exactly making sense, but indeed demonstrating just how in the dark it was and perhaps the whole world when it came to these angels. The angels and these gods were doing something, but for what purpose no one knew. The more one dug, the more confusing the pieces became making one wonder if they should bother with it all and yet because of the chaos caused humans could not ignore the issues at hand... This was a strange play with no right or wrong end….or perhaps no end at all. It became a loop, the more Oki thought of it.

“Around and around and around we go. Does the path have an end? Or are we stuck in a vicious loop?” the being muttered as it looked down at the trees and then catching itself going way off track it blinked and refocused on Sharaku as it gave him an apologetic smirk. Unless Sharaku poked into that strangeness, Oki would not explain why it had done what it did as it instead focused on this thing about genders.

“Mmm. It is so. Oki never had a reason to choose before. We were just us; however, as you say society likes labels, so we went with what most assumed Oki was. Less confusing on their end yes, but Oki is Oki no matter how you name it,” the being said and then blinking again would tilt its head to the left. “Ah, but what about one who is neither? How does Shaku feel about that?” Oki asked and then hearing the answer about dating it blinked twice and grinned as it seemed to go back to its "normal" self once more.

“Oh. Who is the lucky one to catch your fancy, hmm?” Oki asked. It couldn’t help, but want to know….and in some fashion found it was okay to do this despite it mostly being a tease. It didn’t seem that Sharaku was blocking the situation off fully, but more like leaving a door slightly cracked…and why leave it cracked with the temptation to enter there?

“Cruel, but true,” Oki said as it rubbed its head lightly with one hand as it kept a light grip on the railing it sat on with the other. Guess one couldn’t beat a overly dirty rug and expect it to be ever fully clean again. Guess relationships worked the same way.

“It is indeed a tricky terrain. It did not take much to set security and hunters alike off. You so much as mention Persona or power and it is over. While I am sure, there are some concerned about the area, especially if they have friends there, I would suggest not going over there without some form of security at your back. Unless you are confident in your abilities to play around the triggers of agitation lose now, of course,” Oki said thinking back on how it got into this mess in the first place. Yeah…that was not good at all.

“As for other people going over there…well we can only pray they play smart and keep the whole power thing hidden. It is already bad enough that one can waltz over, but I think if you step on the right stones you may survive over there if you really want to risk it,” Oki said as it reached up to pinch the bridge of its nose. If it could it would bump everyone away from the place to keep them away from Helen, but also to keep her and goddess safe from the outside too. Too bad things were never perfect or the way one wanted them to be.

The being would open its eyes as peace came up and its eyes slid over to Sharaku observing him with a thoughtful expression as he spoke on peace.

“Mmm…this be true, but what if we wiped it all out and started over? Rebuilt a new world where no one has the need to fight because they are taught to live a better way? Absolute peace can rule then, no?” Oki said using one gloved finger to tap the side of its head as it expression remained blank as it watched Sharaku for a moment with thoughtful eyes, its information gathering mode popping up more often this time around. Maybe it was a sign of trust or perhaps Oki simply slipped up more the more this conversation wore on. It was hard to say, but at least it wasn’t being harmful in its prodding. It was just curious, but would stop should it run into a wall or annoyance.

In any case, Oki’s blank expression would turn into a grin as it shifted in its position on the rails so it was balanced on all fours upon the thin piece of material. Like a little monkey, it would move towards Sharaku pausing within his space bubble for a moment as it looked up into the eyes it was finally eye level with.

"We will let Sharaku observe Oki then. See if we can hold up to his standards of fine for now,” the being said with a low chuckle and then slipping over the edge of the rail it would skitter around the outside of the bridge before climbing back up on the rail on the other side of Sharaku perfectly balanced as it looked around a bit distracted before sitting once again. Apparently it was content with the judgement or had run out of things to say. In either case, the ball was in Sharaku’s court if he wanted the conversation to continue or not.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Sharaku would only shrug, seeing as Oki seemed to want to move on from the subject. Though, he hadn't really been speaking of fate and luck. But about people themselves. You could want it even, but if half the piópulation opposes you, because they want their goodies, then you're stuck with wishing. One alone has little chance of standing against the whole world. Even supreme confidence wouldn't stand against that for too long. ''Hm. Well, I can't help you with that. Though, I personally prefer to choose as long as I can.'' He didn't like the idea of things being planned, to be honest.

When it came to Thesis. Well, he knew that she was probably planning something, but it wasn't as if he could do much. Not alone. And gathering his team was harder than making a sloth move. That, and they were most likely up to their own business anyway. His patience with explaining why this, and that, could wear thin fairly quickly, mainly when the audience was a group. ''Maybe. She is most likely planning something. But it's futile to go there alone. And gathering people is more pain than worth. I know there is one other team aside from the one I work with, at the very least. But hell if I know what they are doing most of the time. So cooperation is pretty much null. I'm barely up to date as to what the rest of my supposed team is doing. So, I doubt it would work..because everyone does whatever they want anyway.'' Teamwork wasn't the strongest point, and he would easily admit that. So who would go check out Thesis? At this rate, no one.

He would wave a hand when Oki stated things were complicated. ''Maybe, maybe not. I am not certain. Perhaps they cannot. It is not someting that can be said for sure unless we get a confirmation.'' Who knew? Maybe the Angels couldn't come out. That would explain why they had to go in after them. Still, why was the reporter out then? Technically, she could be special..but there was no proof for either theory. He would blink when Oki compared him to a cat. It wasn't the first time, no, but he still hadn't expected it. ''A cat, hm? Then maybe you should be careful. I might pounce.'', he would retort with a faint smirk, as he leaned over the rails. He would give Oki a somewhat blank look. ''I don't follow rules. Not unless I want to. I'd rather make my own. If I had no choice, I would go along, but only for as long enough as it was neccessary for me to get a leeway. I don't intend to let anyone control me. As for the fight. No, unless I had a personal reason. Either that, or I could simply pretend to fight, but not really try hard. Sometimes, all you need to do is fool people into thinking that you're doing what they ask of you.'', he would sneer faintly. He could be loyal, yes, but he sure wouldn't serve someone just because.

''Whatever you say.'', he would shrug off the excuse talk, moving on. ''Well, the basic answer is, that the Angels and Primordials are facing off..I believe not for the first time, but they decided to bring it to us this time around. But for all I know, I have no idea what exactly are they trying to accomplish by pulling such a move. Whatever the meaning is, we may or may not find out.'' And perhaps if they did, it wouldn't make sense to them anyway. He would lean his chin on one hand, as he looked at Oki. ''Perhaps there is an end, but we cannot tell what it is.'' Though, frankly, he had no idea. And nor did he really care. Beginning and end could be really abstract words.

He would observe Oki thoughtfully for a bit, before shrugging nonchalantly. ''Neutral. I don't really care. Though, it still comes down to the state of mind. You can choose to be neither, but as far as I know, biologically, humans cannot be both or none. So at least physically, one has to be either one or the other.'' Well, you can't tell from the face, but there were some bodyparts that would make it hard to think you are no gender, or both at once. Maybe something like that could happen once in a blue moon...but usually, people who claimed so, just felt that way mentally. At least, that's what he thought. He didn't have personal experience in the matter. He would snort at the following question. ''More like he fancies me. That would be a better way to put it. I'm not sure whether it is doing much to me, to be completely honest.'' He couldn't really lie. He wouldn't be able to, since it would most likely be obvious that he wasn't lovestruck or any of the like. More indifferent than anything else. Sure, he was trying, but he..still didn't get anything special from it, and he couldn't deny that. ''Cruel? Perhaps. But not unfair either. You don't keep things that annoy you around when you don't have to.'' Same could be said about people. Giving a chance was one side of the coin, but when that brought little results as well, it was just a drag.

He would frown. ''Possibly doesn't even have to be a mention in some cases. A friend of mine who has been visiting there even before it happened said that they are on the outlook for outsiders in general. If you do look the fact that you aren't form their side, they might suspect you without you having mentioned powers or Persona to begin with. It is a sort of minefield right now, yes.'', he would state, tapping his fingers against the rails in thought. ''Speaking of survival, however. Dangerous as it is, the place is important for this mess. Say, if I wanted to go speak with the Angel, or whoever you work with, would you take me there? I can't say I have much interest in joining any at the moment, unless they can somehow convince me, or give good enough terms of contract...but I'd still like to speak to as many sides as possible. Maybe that way, certain issues could be cleared quicker. It doesn't even have to be now, just in near future, if. The choice is yours, though.'' Even if the answer was no..he still had ways. In case of emergency, Naomi was well-versed in San Malarus matters too. She could probably pull some strings herself, was it ever needed. He was just testing the possibility right now. He didn't have time at the moment anyway, most likely, due to the sand issues being a pressing matter.

He would click his tongue as Oki spoke of peace. ''Can you, really? I don't think the world is the problem. The planet is not causing any strife on its own, is it? It's the people's mentality, and what they've come to be over the centuries. To start over, you'd have to wipe people's minds to an extent, so they would stop being the way they are nowadays. Would you go as far to get your peace? To erase something that is part of who we are? We could live in a paradise world, but as long as people don't start over, there will be no peace. With how many humans there are, you can't possibly hope to simply teach them to live differently. And those that have their values set already, will pay you no mind anyway.'', he would inquire, golden eyes narrowing slightly. What would Oki counter that with?

Eh? He would blink, resisting the sudden urge to step back as Oki moved in close. ''I observe on the go. Can't say I spend any extra time on it. You could say I observe people the whole time I'm interacting with them, if you will. So, giving me permission is probably moot.'', he would laugh under his breath faintly, looking at Oki in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:51 pm

A shrug would end one subject as another one was moved onto. Oki would remain on the railing listening to Sharaku quietly before lifting one finger to its chin and looking up at the sky.

“So there is no escape from paths, you are on…Interesting….”

The being trailed pondering the predestined and what was classified as free will. Was it perhaps trapped in its own ways and did not see other paths? Or did the world simply imagine other paths when there were really none? Perplexed, the being stayed in its spot and position for a while longer pondering the questions without answers. It wasn’t until the subject of Thesis came back up that the being would blink and lower its hand once more as green eyes locked on the dark haired man.

It seemed he agree somewhat to the theory that Thesis was indeed planning something, but finding solid answers by digging in the very spot where the lady had caused havoc? No. He said the point was futile if one went in alone and as for teams and gathering people to go investigate? Well….

“Hrmmm…that is most troubling. Much like my choice issue I cannot help you with humans and getting them to do something productive, especially when I do not know them. I suppose we’ll have to do this the hard way until a better way is found. We are ot saying jump head first into things, but we honestly cannot keep ignoring the minor things lest they bite us in the butt,” the being grumbled as it remained in its crouched position on the railing. Maybe they needed to bring the dead in on this since no one else was available for an investigation of the island Thesis had taken.

Hmmm...what to do about that snag? Was there anything to do?

Oki’s green eyes would snap to Shaku’s hand as he moved it as if dismissing something as the conversation moved on. Shaku was suggesting that maybe the angels really were stuck on the other side, but without proof it was hard to say. Even harder when one of the angels already broke the rule of staying on her side. Hmm, it was most definitely something to poke at later, but for now Oki would only hum lightly as it contemplated the angels a while longer before turning its mind to other things.

When it compared Shaku to a cat the other gave him a smirk and a comment that made the being tense up on the railing as it backed away slightly in mild fright.

“Perhaps…perhaps Shaku will not hurt us in this pouncing game yes?” Oki said nervously understanding somewhere inside that this whole thing was a joke in a way, but at the same time it was unable to override the strange fear of real cats it had. Bad comparison, but what was done was done. Well at least Shaku didn’t follow up with a real pounce...yet....

In any case, once the event passed Oki would become blank as it asked its next series of questions and then fell quiet to let the other answer if he wanted to. In response, the other leaned over the rails and gave it a similar expression. Hardly blinking, Oki would tilt its head as it listened. It would nod quietly rather than respond as it took in each word carefully. So Shaku was a free type that was would only bow to rules if they benefited him to do so. Shaku had a fexible way of thinking, but how far would that could take someone?

Oki would remain quiet for along while before the blank expression softened as the being nodded. “Ah I see. Well it is good to know that I won’t have to face-off Shaku in the future,“ it said not liking the ideas of harming allies for no reasons or even at the whim of another. It was…too loyal to do that sort of thing to most.

Anyway the conversation moved on, the excuse conversation ending as another topic was addressed.

“Hmm…perhaps you are right….maybe they brought us in to have fun in their wars that were going stale….Unless the intent is to wipe us out slowly,” Oki said trailing off for a moment before blinking as it focused on the last part of what Shaku said. An end that wasn’t an end huh?

That was almost saying they were stuck in a loop with or without the angels with no escape…still there was a slim chance of light in this otherwise lightless situation. It was that slim shard of light that helped Oki calm a bit more and keep pushing on whenever thing seemed to be falling apart. There may be hope in all of this….but how much was hard to say.

“Hmmm. Naturally yes we are female or male, but scientifically you can be either or neither from birth. When that happens it really becomes as much as a physical thing as a mental one,” Oki said as its eyes narrowed with the slight smile it gave the other. “Oki is quite certain of this fact. We be proof of the statement.”

The light smile became a light chuckle as the next words flowed from his mouth.

“Ah I see. Well, I wish you luck if you’re up to taking the challenges love presents,” the old being said with a light grin. It wasn’t sure if Shaku and whoever his lover was got along well, so it did not know if they would be compatible if either took the time to invest in the situation. In any case, the being wouldn’t push that subject too much for it knew it was getting into sensitive water.

“Perhaps…and then perhaps I am the one that is cruel. For the thing can be useful even if it annoying. I am not fond of getting rid things without getting my worth out of said thing,” Oki said as it tapped the side of its head in thought.

“Hmmm….maybe. I can’t say for sure for I wasn’t out on the streets too long before being captured,” Oki said as it tapped a puffed out cheek for a moment and then letting the air out tilted its head at Shaku. "Who be you friend and does said friend still go to the place even after the major blow up there?” Oki said collecting information for a different sort of reason now; however, that hunt for information was stopped suddenly when Shaku requested something strange.

As the being heard the words, Oki looked over at Shaku as its eyes narrowed.

“Sharaku wants to speak with goddess and her champion…?” it repeated softly as it contemplated the idea for a moment. On one hand, its protective instincts were telling it to talk Sharaku out of such madness, but on the other its more logical side knew this would happen. After all, it and Sharaku were searching for information….so….

It would stay quiet for a moment longer and then blinking it would raise a finger and tap its lips lightly for a moment.

“Well…I am not sure how to get goddess to you, but I can take you to my boss and her champion. I have something in the way at the moment, so I can’t take you right away, but a future date to the place we can work out,” the being said before dropping its hand and tilting its head at the other. “It all depends on how long Shaku is willing to wait.”

After that, Oki would wait to see what the other would say to those words before changing the subject to something else.

“It is not a matter of can, Shaku. It is a matter of will,” the being began its response calmly enough. “I have no boundaries on what I can or can’t do to get what I want; however, I will not change people by force. One may seem weak, but if I beat the drum enough people will listen and in turn change. Those that don’t follow are automatically crushed by the system once it is in place. I honestly don’t have to do that much on my part. Only start the fire in a few and occasionally fan it to get it to spread,” Oki said as green eyes slid to Shaku once more. “One is more powerful than you assume my friend, even if society seems to say things are done other ways. My peace will be gained over time,” Oki said being quite stubborn on its stance. Even if no one supported it, it would fight for eternal peace and happiness until the world finally did reach that goal. All it took was a spark to set the world a flame.

In any case, whether or not Shaku agreed with its stance or not, it wouldn't change the fact that Oki appreciated Shaku and respected him in its own unique way. It enjoyed the deep talks and while it may have had a twisted sense of justice, it hoped the man would at least try to understand instead of tossing it too the side as if it was simply too mad to contend with; however, this was Shaku and Shaku did what he wanted much like Oki speaking its mind.

How damaging the words were the being didn’t know and as the deal of team work was semi-settled, the being seemed to not be concerned about the impact of the words as it moved closer to the man that still stood his ground against its invasive nature.

The restrain not to move made Oki smile as it brushed passed the man to sit on the other side of him remaining in his space bubble all the while. It would chuckle at his comment, as it tilted its head back to look at him with a grin.

“Sush. The little people upstairs will be hurt. Let them believe they had some control over that okay?” Oki said as it tapped its head with its free hand as it remained balanced on the rail watching Shaku watching it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:21 pm

Sharaku would shake his head at the comment. That wasn’t what he was aiming for with what he had said. ‘’No one says there is not. But you are the one who has to want to in the first place, and try.‘‘ It wasn’t like he could really do much about someone else’s problems when it concerned such. When you want to go a different route, you’re the one that has to turn around and walk it in the end.

He would scoff, somewhat bemused as Oki spoke of getting people to do something productive. ‘’Not that I think it would be of any help to begin with. When they don’t want to, people won’t really be productive. I’m not even trying anymore, to be honest. I can always find someone else to try with, instead of wasting time on those that aren’t listening.’’ What would have Oki done if it knew said human? Nothing, probably. Most likely, it would only bring more strife in the end. The more of an opinion difference, the more the people drift apart. ‘’What is the hard way then? If we go there in little numbers, and underestimate the opposition, we may just end up badly. We don’t even know how she can be defeated. I’d bet that Gods won’t go down just from some measly attacks being thrown at them. That would be too easy compared to all that is going on.’’ Thesis wasn’t really a minor thing, was she? Maybe she wasn’t doing anything right now, but going there would still mean possibly facing her. Then what?

…a while of silence later. ‘’……….?’’ What now? Sharaku would roll his eyes slightly. If Oki was afraid even of a simple joke concerning cats, why had it brought them up in the first place? And since when did pouncing hurt people? He didn’t have claws or anything that could cause big harm. Nor was he heavy enough to squish someone easily. He would observe the other languidly. ‘’Do you think I would?’’, he’d ask simply, leaving it at that for now.

He would sigh. For some reason, he seemed to be getting shorter answers as it went. Not that it mattered. He just somehow took notice of that. But at least that meant he didn’t have to do long speeches himself. It did get tiring after some time. He would smile thinly. ‘’Nothing is for certain. I am not fond of useless violence, but if you ever give me a good enough reason to oppose you, there is no saying whether I’d fight or not in the end. I prefer not to face off, but at times, there is no other way.’’ For some people more, for some less. It sort of depended on how he viewed the person in question. There were those that he would fight sooner than others. He would simply shrug at the intent of the war. Who knew? Whatever they thought did not have to be even close to the real one.

He would hum absentmindedly. ‘’Well, I can’t say whether that’s right or not. I am not that well versed in biology. Though, even if so, that’s only you. You may think that way, but most people that fall into either the male or female category don’t understand the notion. People usually consider what they see with their eyes, rather than the science behind it.’’, he would frown. ‘’I personally don’t care, but many people have problems accepting things like that.’’ And there was little that could be done with it. ‘’Right..’’, he would mutter when Oki wished him luck. If only that was enough. ‘’The point is probably moot though. I don’t think I love him.’’, he would shake his head with a sigh. At the very least, he certainly didn’t feel like it. Not that he ever had before, but he figured he would know if it was the case.

‘’At times, there isn’t any real worth to consider.’’, he’d state simply, not elaborating on the subject more. That, and he wasn’t the best at tolerating big annoyances anyway. He would look upwards at the sky when Oki inquired about Naomi. ‘’Maybe you could meet her one day. Though, as far as I know, she does sometimes go there even now. From what she told me, she has friends there, and she wants to make sure they’ll be okay. She was really mad when she found out what Hyde had done after all. I’ve learned about it from her, since she saw a footage of the fight when she went there one day.’’ He wouldn’t say much more right now. If Oki wanted, maybe he could have them meet one day, but he wasn’t the type to rattle out on a person when the other side didn’t know them.

‘’Maybe.’’, he would say simply when Oki repeated his question. Dangerous or not, there weren’t many ways to get at the Angel in that world safely. And they would have to at least speak to her eventually. He would stay quiet, waiting for Oki to pass its opinion, at which he would nod. ‘’Fine with me. I’ll probably be busy for a while now myself. I can wait.’’ Waiting always happened. And it wasn’t that huge of a deal. A lot of things had to be done, so one would have to be sooner than the others..always. ‘’Maybe. Maybe not.’’, he would shrug. Will was strong, yes. Still, directly or not, it was a way of forcing people in his opinion. People will have to listen eventually yes, but who says they will want that kind of change? Some perhaps, but in case a majority declines, you’re at a disadvantage. If nothing else. ‘’And isn’t that a type of force as well? As you said ‘those that don’t follow are crushed by the system’. Saying that means, that those who do not want it, would be forced to abide, otherwise they’ll get in trouble. But who has the right to say how everyone should live? Do you? Some people may agree with your view, but there will always be those that will be far from satisfied. Those will end up being cornered in such a scenario, no?’’, he would frown. ‘’How would you feel if someone went about with an idea of a world which you were against? Would you just bow like a coward and follow what you dislike, or let yourself be crushed by the tides?’’ Was it fair to push others? ‘’One may be powerful, but in a way, it is also selfish to make everyone follow exactly your view. That’s exactly what the Angels are doing. Pushing us to pick one path which all humans would have to follow. But we are not all the same. Each person is an individual that may want something different. Is it right to make a big change some may not want? What do you think?’’, he would look at Oki with a raised eyebrow. He was actually interested in an answer. He wasn’t angry or anything. He just wanted to know how exactly Oki viewed this issue. Because in one way or another, there would be some people that would have to be forced. You can’t make the whole humanity agree on a single idea or view. People had intelligence which put them above animals, but it also gave them the ability to think for themselves. Thus, it was harder to make something uniform.

His eyes would follow Oki as the other moved past. Before blinking a few times. Eh? ‘’What..?’’ Little people? He was kind of lost at the moment. Was that some sort of metaphor?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reconnection (Shaku)   Reconnection (Shaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reconnection (Shaku)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next