Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Building of a Shrine (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 pm

As Akumu dropped his bag and took off for the hill, he passed the blueprints into Hikaru's hands. He fully unraveled the scroll and held it out for Kumiko to read. While Akumu handled the weeds and leaves scattered around the hill, Hikaru collected several long steel beams, hefted them across his shoulder, and left one on the worktable while putting the rest beside the table. Kumiko decided to stand by the worktable with the circular saw, cutting the metal beams into the required lengths. Her hands were actively at work, measuring the beams and cutting them with a quick slice. As Kumiko planned to hand the beams to Hikaru, she noticed that Hikaru was swinging around one of the rods as one would a halberd, swinging it lightly but with large sweeping motions.

"C'mon, Hikaru! Knock that off. I need you to get started with the altar."
Hikaru quickly accepted the steel beams, picked up the drill and goggles, and moved to the foundation where Akumu was hard at work. Between segments of drilling, Hikaru decided to engage Akumu in conversation.
"You seemed pretty interested in Kumiko's card. Are you familiar with all that tarot stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Akumu continued to work to dislodge weeds that had managed to wiggle themselves quite snugly into the surrounding area; however, a careful tug and twist here got the more stubborn ones out. The attendant would keep working as the invisible Jester hung easily on his shoulder like a doll as he moved about.

He had just managed to get the concrete slab clear of weeds and was cleaning off the stain slab with the broom when Hikaru came over with some beams. As he did this the attendant glanced up at him with a small smile and nod of thanks as he continued to work. He’d take to setting the beams in the proper place after he was finish sweeping. He kept moving only pausing when Hikaru decided to ask him a question regarding the tarot cards and the one his sister had card.

“Ah yes. Tarot cards and spirits work hand-in-hand in my line of work,” Akumu said as he moved the pile of debris he had into the trash bag. Then resting down the broom he eyed the foundation before nodding contently before moving over to take the beams from Hikaru.

As he did this, he spoke.

“The cards are the language of Lady Fate and Luck, high spirits that dectitate how much success and good fortune one has in the world and sometimes even reveals one of the many paths life can take for a person or thing,” Akumu said before moving over to the foundation once more and laying the beams down in a neat pile. As he kneeled down to sort them, he would ask his own question.

“Do you have an interest in such things, Hikaru?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Hikaru couldn't help but smile at Akumu's statements about his familiarity with tarot cards as Akumu accepted his beams and stacked them nearby. Hikaru had finished drilling the holes into the foundation and, after wiping a bit of sweat from his forehead, began fixing the beams into the holes. As Hikaru filled the holes with sealant, he decided to make some more conversation.

"I have an interest in a LOT of things, Akumu. There's no subject that doesn't interest me. But I suppose that tarot cards have become quite an important subject as of late. You know, I have a friend who sounds like he has a similar interest in this tarot reading stuff; heck, he even offered to read my fortune. He seemed pretty interested in Kumiko's card as well, and ever since she brought it up with him, she's been holding onto that card like it was a precious memento. As for my fortune, well, it doesn't look good. Um, it was... upright Tower, upright Moon, and Upright Justice. From what he said, it didn't sound good, and those nighmar... uh, nevermind. Point is, it's been bothering me... So, is it possible to pray to these spirits to help change my fate. I... desperately want to change it."
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Akumu continued to work, looking up at the other occasionally to let him know he was listening. As he sorted the beams, the other drilled the holes needed to start building up the shrine. Aiding the boy with the building of the skeleton of the shrine. They would work in semi-silence, the only thing breaking it was the light chatter that was coming up between himself and the child.

When the subject of tarot cards came up and the old attendant asked about the boy’s interests, he found himself smiling lightly at the other. This boy was quite curious about many things, but tarot cards in particular had become important after a friend of his with similar interest read the fortune of his sister and then his own. The end result, was not pleasing to the boy.

“Ah, I see. And who was this friend of yours if you don’t mind me asking,” Akumu said as he grabbed another beam and began to adjust it into place. He would give the other a moment to answer before pausing in his work as the other seem to hesitate to go on about nightmares as he asked a question about Fate.

“Well,” Akumu began as he shifted another pole into place.

"The beauty of the cards is that only one path is shown to you. You can pray at shrines to gain the spirits guidance, but which way you go with such advice is up to you. Lady Fate cannot be swayed by prayers alone, though. Actions on your end have to be made to impress her. If you stay still, she is not so willing to work with you,” Akumu told the other honestly as he continued to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:58 am

Hikaru found himself looking at Akumu with the same curiosity he would with Alex; he swore that there something about both of them. No, there was something going on with everybody new he met. Kazuya, Alex, and now Akumu seem to know something, and Hikaru would be left in the dark. But Hikaru kept these thoughts to himself; bothering Akumu was not a favorable action.

"My friend? Um, his name is Alex. We met in San Malarus. The whole tarot thing kind of came up as a side question. I never expected to get tossed into... um... let's say it's a pretty big situation, but I dunno about bothering you with it."

After Akumu's speech about the guidance of spirits and Lady Luck, Hikaru felt a bit dishearted. If he knew what action to take, he wouldn't be so concerned about this imminent intervention. Apparently, whatever Hikaru was stepping into was a pretty top-secret subject. He needed some confidence in his allies, and perhaps Akumu could help him learn what to do next.

"Well, I just hope that Lady Luck is with me with this, because I have no idea where to go next. It just seems that everybody knows something I don't know, and that knowledge may be what I need to move forward. I only pray that Lady Luck is understanding of my struggle... Erm, one second, I'll be back."

Kumiko was waving to him from down at the table, motioning towards the newly cut slabs of wood. Her jacket was tied across her waist now, the heat of the day beaming down on all of them. Hikaru quickly ran down the hill, replaced his drill with a hammer and nails, and, after receiving a kiss on the cheek from Kumiko, went back up the hill, ready to start building the walls.

"Do you think... Lady Luck will support me on this? I... don't know how to proceed until... it's too late."
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Akumu would remain quietly working pausing only to tilt his head at the other as he found the boy staring at him with an odd look. He could see curiosity and questions there, but why the boy did not just ask what was on his mind was beyond him. Still if he was not comfortable, then the old attendant would not pry.

When the other spoke about his friend, Akumu would listen as he resumed working, nodding lightly to the words as he began to move the last piece of the skeleton into to place. As he finished adjusting the thing, Akumu would hold onto it as he looked over at the child as small beads of sweat moved down his calm face…and by some miracle did not smear the markings upon his face.

“Bother? Nothing is ever a bother. If you wish to share, I am all ears my friend,” the attendant said with a light smile. He would fall silent to give the other time to answer if he wished before he fell back to work.

As talk of spirits, guidance, and Lady Fate and Luck came up, Akumu glanced up at the child just in time to see what appeared to be a look of distress cross the other’s face. Something was troubling him, but Akumu would not pressure the other to tell. He would give him space and allow him to tell what he wanted to tell when he felt it was right.

“Lady Luck is tricky. She does not chooses sides, she does things on whims to shift the tides; however, I am sure both she and Fate have seen your struggles and perhaps that is why certain people have come into your life. Even me,” the attendant said and then paused as the other excused himself for a moment.

It appeared his sister had finished the wood pieces needed. As the boy brought them back, Akumu would take the wooden pieces from him and pile them just as neatly as he had done the metal pieces before. Taking up a few pieces, he would begin to set them up and steady them along the skeleton to allow the boy to hammer them in place.

When the child asked his question, the attendant was quiet for a moment as he thought carefully of his next words.

“Fate and Luck do not support anyone. They simply toss pieces on the board and see what occurs once events are set up. I believe on those events have occurred now," he would look over at the boy and lock his eyes on him. "I don’t thinking meeting you was a coincidence this day. I am not sure how much I can help you, but perhaps in some way I can help you untangle the mess you are in and find some clarity within the dark. That is if you wish to share your troubles.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Hikaru felt a rush of relief knowing that, like Kazuya, Akumu was at least willing to listen. But Hikaru knew that he would probably act like Kazuya as well; hint at what to do, but do not give the full walk-through. He listened intently to Akumu's speech about the whims of Lady Luck and the belief that Hikaru had these friends for a reason. Hikaru felt that as well, although he was wondering how they were all connected. Nevertheless, Hikaru smiled happily at Akumu and swiftly struck the nails into the boards of wood. As he hammered away, avoiding smashing his thumb, he decided to confer with Akumu before Kumiko began her trek up the hill.

"Man, you are one heck of a philosopher, talking about Lady Luck like she was a human being. But yeah, I gotta agree; meeting you guys must mean something. Alright, I can tell you a bit about... my nightmares."

"See, they started ever since the tarot reading, and they've only been getting deeper, longer, and more frightening. I can give you the general details: golden eyes floating in darkness, whispers of 'I am thou' and other stuff, and all this talk of an upcoming disaster. According to what the others have said, I'm going to be abducted soon. They said they would save me should it come to that, but I'm not sure how they can help me when... this thing called a Shadow is immune to normal weapons. It seems everyone is skimming the details with me, so I understand if you can't speak openly about it. But promise me this...

When I get abducted, Kumiko is probably going to be heavily distressed. If you're not out saving me, at least comfort her; let her know that somebody's out there saving me. Please. I can't let her break down because of something I have to handle."

Hikaru finished nailing the planks on the side of the altar and moved to the other. Kumiko sat beside Akumu, her trowel hard at work with planting flowers in the soil.
"So, um, what were you two talking about? He's not talking your ear off, is he?"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Akumu would continue to aid the with the wooden planks, having no fear of the other harming him as he began to place nails into the sturdy pieces of wood. He could sense a variety of things from the boy, but did nothing to interrupt the battle that was at play. The boy would have to come to his own conclusions in the matters he contended with and decide from there which path he wanted to take.

When he spoke, the child chose to confide in Akumu rather than block him  out. To the boy’s words, Akumu smirked a bit.

“The spirits of Luck and Fate are female in form. They do not often reveal themselves to others, but the spirits show their true form to me  whether I want to see it or not. A gift and curse of this wanderer," the old attendant said with a light chuckle before falling silent and listening to what the boy had to say regarding his nightmares.

What he described….it was familiar to Akumu. He knew what it was hinting at and it seemed the boy had friends that were in on this whole thing too. Users of the shadows…that had told this one of things to come in a cryptic fashion. And now he was asking the attendant to make a promise to him regarding his sister…

Akumu was quiet for a moment as he gathered his thoughts before speaking. He decide to be honest with the boy in his own way.

“Your dreams are warnings of a fight you must face on your own. The thing in the darkness is a piece ofyou,  you’ll have to conquer to move forward. I cannot see how that will end, but if you have friends that are willing to help, then Fortune shows success for you, but it will not be a victory easily gained. The darkness will fight back and attempt to consume you,” Akumu said quietly to the other, so only the boy could hear.

“As for disastrous comings, perhaps your friends speak of the strangeness of these islands. Odd tears here and there and even more bizarre happenings around the islands. If this is indeed what they are talking about, I can tell you know the days ahead will be harderer for all, if humanity does step on the right path to face these challenges. As you walk your own path, you’ll find those who are trying to help the chaos, some who don’t care, and some who are trying to stop it. What part you play on this stage is unclear to me. Much like the darkness that you’ll face, this path is also something you’ll have to find on your own,” Akumu said as he moved around the side of they had placed up and nodded contently at the work.

His eyes saw the sister coming with planting supplies, so giving the boy a look he would say.

“I promise to do my best when that time comes,”  in a low voice so the boy could hear only before he moved to take the bags of soil from the young woman. He would bring the soil over to a spot cleared out for plants before crouching down to begin working on the flowerbed. As he worked, the girl came over to help.

“Just idle chat about life,” he would respond easily to the girl’s question as he gave her a gentle and reassuring smile. She did not need to worry or be alerted to what was going to occur. No it would make it that much more difficult for Fate to work if that happened, so It was best the subject he and the boy talked about was avoided until the time was right. When he heard her mention the boy talking his ear off, the attendant smiled lightly as he shook his.

“No. He is quite fine and well mannered. I enjoy speaking with him and yourself. It is a nice change up from the normal,” Akumu said gently to the young lady as he continued to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:21 pm

As Kumiko gently handled the plants and placed them in the excavated holes, she tilted her head across the walk to catch a glimpse of Hikaru, who was finishing on the last side and examining the blueprint. She smiled joyfully at Akumu for his statement on Hikaru.

"Well, that's good to hear. I guess that means we've been raising him right. Yeah, he's a real curious one. Pretty much anything can hold his interest. At least he's not one of those typical teenagers you see everywhere these days. He's kind of like... this story Dad used to tell me when I was a kid. The Millennial Child, was it? Yeah, I remember that."

The sound of a hammer bashing on wood had stopped. Hikaru had stood back to admire his work before he realized that his throat was feeling dry. He leaned over the wall and peeked his head out.

"Hey, Kumiko. Did you bring the cooler up? I'm feeling thirsty."
"Um, no. Hang on, I'll go grab it. Back in a sec!"

Kumiko strolled down the hill to lift the cooler and bring it up to everyone. Hikaru grabbed a water bottle and returned to studying the blueprint while Kumiko grabbed two bottles and gave one to Akumu.

"So, you want to talk about anything?"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Akumu would work in silence with Kumiko as he dug holes and then covered them up carefully as the girl placed in the flowers. The action was calming to the attendant, who had hardly ever gotten chances like this. He had always been in the Velvet Room or restricted to his shop. The fact that he was able to get out more and learn about the world was an exciting thing and the fact his master seemed to allow it made it the events that occurred outside of his bond life even more delightful.

He had often wondered if this relaxation on his master’s part was a reward for how hard he had worked to get here or if it was something else that caused the strange man to loosen his grip upon Akumu. Was it a sign of trust or something else? The questions were perplexing and kept Akumu occupied until the girl had spoken.

Engaged in light conversation once more, Akumu would continue his work as he exchanged words with the child.

“Being different from the norm is always a nice trait to have. It is good that he has such broad interests and likes to learn. It could serve him well in the future,” Akumu said with a light smile as he began working on another plant. He was quiet as he continued to work, glancing up when the siblings began to talk about drinks. It was hot, but the attendant didn’t mind as he continued to work on the plants even when Kumiko had left.

He had just finished planting the last one when the girl returned with bottled water. As she handed the water over to her brother and then came over to him, the old attendant would pause to clean off his hands a bit before accepting the water with a soft “Thank you” before becoming silent to open the water and enjoy a few swallows of the cold liquid. That was quite pleasant and much more needed than the attendant actually understood. When he was asked if he wanted to talk about something, blue eyes would glance at the girl as he spoke.

“Can you tell me the story of the Millennial Child? I am afraid that is one tale I have not heard of,” Akumu said as he closed the bottle and sat it down next to him. He would pull a handkerchief from his sleeve to get rid of some sweat on his face that was threatening to get into his eyes as he waited to see if the girl would humor him or not. Either way, he would use the brief moment to take a breather before resuming work on the shrine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:14 pm

After planting the last of the flowers and plants she had received, she slipped off her dirt-speckled work gloves and pat her forehead with the bandana tied around her wrist. She sat cross-legged on the ground and began to recount the old story.

"Alright, I suppose I can recount that little old fairy tale. It's not surprising that you don't know it; it's a 100% Ryouichi story, first written by my mother. Alright, lemme just get my narrator voice going... *Ah-hem*

Once upon a time, there was a city built far away from all the other countries of the world... The city of Eternia. Eternia was a special place, for its people were able to live forever thanks to the mystic water that ran through the streams of the land. In that city was a boy named Jaer, a young boy who stopped aging when he turned 16.

Now, Jaer was always a curious boy; he would search the forest for unique insects, beautiful flowers, and anything else he could show to his family. But, most of all, he dreamed of travelling with his father, a respected merchant, across the seas to see the outside world. His father saw the curiosity grow in Jaer and invited him to travel with him on their journey across the seas. After a few days of sailing on their wooden ship, Jaer set foot in Japan during the Edo era way back in 1603. There, Jaer met several friends about his age who shared their curiosities with him to take home. As his father pulled the anchor up to the boat, Jaer marveled at the presents he was given, enjoying the fine craftsmanship that went into each piece.

This would not be Jaer's only visit; he visited Japan every hundred years, admiring the ancient temples that his father claimed to see being built in the ancient times. However, when Jaer visited the region in a more present time, when the world was filled with technology, factory production, and environmental struggles, he became more of an outsider to the people he had so frequently visited. His attire was still fashioned from leather and metal, so when he passed through the streets, the people looked at him with confusion. The descendants of those friends he had met in the years prior no longer spoke of the curiosities of the region or the honorable ways of old they spoke of technology and how pivotal it was in their lives.

Jaer was greatly distressed; the world he had once known as radically changed, and yet he still clung to the old ways. He questioned whether or not anybody cared about the ways of old at all. But then, Jaer met a beautiful young scholar by the name of Akemi Tomoko. Her curiosities of how the people of ancient Japan viewed certain things perfectly bridged Jaer's knowledge and desire to belong. As the years passed by, the two felt such happiness in filling each other's lives that they decided to marry. Jaer offered to take her to Eternia so that they could remain together forever. Akemi agreed on the condition that they would continue to return to Japan and keep the traditions of old alive and present. Jaer agreed to this, and the two watched Japan shrink from their sight as they sailed home to live in eternal peace.

The End."

Kumiko turned to grab her water bottle and saw Hikaru sitting beside Akumu as he heard her recount the story he recognized all too well. He clapped in applause and smiled.

"Thank you, thank you. But yeah, whenever I hear that story, I'm always thinking of my little bro Hikaru; he's always curious, he's never really been in step with society, and some people are not always open to his views of the world as seen through ancient learners. But I feel like those little qualities are what might interest people like him. Maybe he'll even find a special somebody with whom to share his views... Well? What'd ya think? Keep in mind, I updated it a bit to suit more of a grown-up view of the story, so it wouldn't be as grating on the mind."

"When you guys are done over there, I think you should check the place out. I think we're done!"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:56 am

They finished the planting and then as they took their break, the young woman began to tell the story that had been created by her mother. As she spoke Akumu listened quietly, taking in the tale of the young man called Jaer. Even for a story it was very fascinating for in a way it reminded the attendant of himself.

He and his siblings did not age and would not die if left alone. Much like Jaer, the attendant had visited places that changed as time ticked on becoming more and more focus on technology and other things while Akumu himself stayed in a way stuck in older ways. The distress and confusion the child of the story felt was something that Akumu once felt too when he was younger; however, the older he got the more he simply accepted this changing of tides as a part of life. It brought peace to him much like Jaer’s marriage to the woman he met brought him his own peace.

When the girl finished, Akumu smiled lightly as Hikaru clapped from beside him. He had noticed the boy’s presence a while back, but was too busy listening to the story to say anything to interrupt it. When the girl asked her question, Akumu was quiet for a moment as he thought about his words carefully before speaking.

“I find the story quite pleasant. It holds an interesting lesson that I am impressed one such as your brother has kept,” Akumu said as he stood up and dusted himself off. “Learning and keeping the past is what helps all things move forward. It is quite saddening that so many of this time forget such things. For a while, I thought I was the only one that held onto traditions, but I am pleased to see I was so wrong. Thank you for sharing such a tale,” the old attendant said and then turning his attention to the boy, he looked at the shrine.

Yes, it was almost done. Akumu would add the finishing touches to the shrine before helping the other two pack up tools and items they had brought. About time they were done, the area around the shrine was clean and pretty. Sure the park still needed work, but that would come over time. At least the main task had been completed.

As Akumu stood by the shrine in the setting sun of this world, he would turn to the two siblings and give them a deep bow of gratitude.

“Thank you so much for helping me with this task. I am not sure if I could’ve completed it without you two,” the attendant said quite pleased as the invisible Jester hopped off his shoulder and landed on the edge of the offering box that now belonged to it. The invisible creature was glowing with pride as it looked at the place with sparkles in its eyes.

Akumu’s eyes would glance at the Jester before looking to the pair before him as the tiniest of smiles played upon his pale lips.

“My time here is running out, so do me one more honor before I leave. Let’s pray in the old ways to the spirits of this shrine to help them grow even stronger,” the attendant said in light tones as he watched the pair with calm eyes to see if they would accept or turn away from the light challenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 5:09 pm

As Akumu finished applying the finishing details, Hikaru and Kumiko stood back to admire their work; the style slightly resembled the shrines that dotted their childhood home, but its shape and design was certainly unique to Akumu's design. Kumiko dug into her pocket and pulled out a small handful of coins and dropped some into Hikaru's hands. As Akumu stepped back and bowed in gratitude to their help, they respectfully retrurned the thanks.

"Not a problem, Akumu. This was a pretty cool project. I'm just happy that you like the result. I had fun. What'd ya think, Sis?"

"Gotta say, probably the best use of my time in a while. Good to see this place put to some good use. Glad we could help. And, sure, if you want to pray with us, that'd be great. But first, Hikaru and I would like to make the first donation."

Both Hikaru and Kumiko approached the offering box and dropped the coins into the box and prepared to kneel, waiting for Akumu to join them and begin.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:37 pm

The shrine was completed and the Jester content with its new home as it admire the handiwork of both humans and one that lingered between reality and non-existence. With a true place to finally begin its journey into something grand, the Jester practically glowed with pride as the others talked.

“I am glad you two enjoyed the work. I was afraid I was asking too much at first, but I am glad you two were so willing to stick with this to the end,” Akumu responded back to the pair and then paused as the two decided to make the first donations. As the sound of coins hit the box, the Jester danced in delight as it examined the contents in a greedy fashion. Heh. Some creatures never changed.

Regardless, a prayer was in order to help the spirit settle and when the other two agreed to take on such a challenge, Akumu easily glided over to them and kneeled down next to Hikaru, placing the boy between himself and his sister. Leading the pair through the old way of praying, there would be a silence as each one was allowed a moment to say their own prayers to the spirit of this shrine. As they prayed, the greedy Jester poked its head up from the box and looked at the trio. While it had no interest in Akumu, its black colored eyes locked on Hiraku as it leaned a small elbow on the box observing him.

Hmmm…he had said he wanted to change his fate in some fashion no? Well perhaps, it could give him something in return for all the help.

Hopping down from the box and landing on the ground in silence, the small invisible spirit would go over to the praying boy and kneel down before him as it performed its own prayer. While nothing seem to happen a small bell would materialize in the real world before the boy.

With its task completed, the spirit would nod lightly before forming itself into a ball of light and disappearing back into the shrine.

Even Akumu, as he remained praying next to the pair, began to fade until he too was nothing. His time on this side was up now that his task was complete. When the pair completed the praying, only the bell and the shrine would remain as marks of the event that occurred.

Akumu has exit the thread.
Gift left for Hiraku: [url= http://www.tigerbells.nl/jpg/BelChristine.JPG ]Bell of the Jester[/url]: Even you can change your luck if you simply try. A reminder of this simple, but powerful fact.

(Thanks for the thread and the patience Flame. Until next we meet then. *bows ;ightly to you*)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 5:55 pm

As Kumiko quietly prayed for the safety of her family and friends, Hikaru nervously stumbled his way through prayer, looking for the right words to appease whatever spirits would be deciding his fate. He glanced for a moment at Akumu as he knelt beside him before beginning his prayer.

"Spirits of fate, those watching over us tonight, I ask for your guidance in the fate that awaits me. Everyone seems to be hiding some conspiracy secret, and now this creature known as a Shadow is coming after my life. I pray that whatever power my... friends possess, they will be able to overpower this Shadow. Whatever I can do to escape my death, I will find a way to do so through your graces..."

"Um. Hikaru, where'd Akumu go?"

Hikaru abruptly ended his prayer and quickly looked around the shrine area. He hadn't heard Akumu get up and leave, so where had he gone? Before he could question it further, he heard the sound of a bell jingling as he moved his knee to stand up. A small, brass-like bell tied to a red string rolled up to Hikaru's knee as he stood up, and Hikaru quickly collected it to get a closer look. Though the pattern was unknown to him, he treasured it nonetheless, considering it Akumu's parting gift. He slipped the bell around his neck and tied it into a necklace. As he and Kumiko left the shrine area, Hikaru could faintly hear the jingling of the bell as they walked.

"Maybe there is hope for me yet... If Lady Luck could truly turn this event around, maybe I can finally get to the bottom of this network of secrets... and live to see another day. Thanks, Akumu... wherever you are now."

[END]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Building of a Shrine (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next