Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Blessings at the Shrine [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chance

Chance

Blessings at the Shrine [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Blessings at the Shrine [Open] 68091

Velvet Attendant Chance had been observing all the Ueitawa Region had to offer. From the bustling and very loud city of Shibakuzoi, to the quiet and reserved streets of Hayabusa. Now the attendant had wandered upon Nokawia. Compared to Shibakuzoi and Hayabusa, it was rather sophisticated. The style of the homes and the over all environment held that feeling of accomplishment. Like this was the place of those who had find their answers in life, and searched for even more. As Chance walked the streets, she held a book in her hand as she jotted various notes into her journal for her fellow Attendants within the Velvet Room. This world was simply astounding, and the young makeshift detective wished to learn all there was about it. Of course, this was for her duties within the velvet room. She couldn't let such feelings interrupt her duties to her master, and the guests of the room itself. Balling her hand, and coughing into her hand, she'd let out a sigh and close her journal. "Duties come first. I must not neglect such things. That is my purpose here. To guide and assist." Her words were broken and stretched, as s/he folded his journal and placed it back within his coat. Letting out a sigh, the Attendant's eyes would catch notice of a series of steps leading up to what appeared to be some kind of old shrine. He had read about these sort of things in various books found in the Velvet Room. To think he'd actually see one in person was simply astounding! If Chance recalled correctly, one usually offered an amount of currency when wishing for luck for the new year. Well, the concept of time was beyond the Attendants comprehension of the time, but to truly understand her guests s/he would give it a shot herself.

Climbing the tower of stairs towards the shrine, the Attendant would reach the top in a number of seconds and observe the beautiful decorations. On hand was a shrine maiden and a strange looking monk telling what seemed to be a story to the children. This story involved various things, such as wrestling dragons, to saving princesses, causing Chance to become quite interested. To think someone with such power existed in the human world! Was he once a guest of the Velvet Room himself? The thoughts ran through his head as a smile came across his face. "Such power surely holds no bounds! I wonder if such an individual would mind performing such wonders before my eyes!" The Attendant clapped his hands together before walking up to the man. Simply standing there, he'd listen with open eyes and a childish demeanour. Seemed as though he was easily influenced, just like a child. Were all Attendants this naive to believe in such false stories? Chance may have been a special case, thanks to being so distance from the guests over the years. When times began to change and more Attendants were created, she found that her purpose was becoming less and less needed. Diving back into a world after you had began to neglect it for so long was quite difficult. Especially to one who wasn't human to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Kazuya

Kazuya

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:10 pm

To say he frequented the shrine would be a slight understatement. In spite the mutual contempt shared between residents of Nokawia and Nadashiki, which he paid no mind unless one was inconsiderate enough to bring that up right to his face, he always found himself drawn to the Aiku Shrine here. Perhaps it was, in spite of his proclamations against supernatural powers, he truly did believe that there were forces in the world that remain inexplicable, and were best appeased rather than ignored. This would be the rationale of his less than sane mind that was convinced that the current President of the United States, that strange and terrifying country of the West ,was actually a superhuman who in his free time masquerades as the God-Emperor of Europe aka the Pope.

Still, while he lingered by himself at the gate, a familiar guest who had his own peculiarities that were generally ignored or disregarded, he couldn't help but ponder about the history of the shrine itself. Until another person, it seems, had come to pay a visit to the shrine himself. ... Erm ... .... herself? While this person certainly appeared quite androgynous, the main reason his attention was focused on this one was primarily due to their choice of attire. Either they just got off whatever job in the world requires a uniform like that and decided to pay their respects without changing first ... or ... he ... er ... she ... uhm. THIS PERSON was a cosplayer. Or whatever that term is, he wasn't exactly familiar with this phenomenon.

Fortunately she ... this one ... was just in time for the local monk to recount various myths. He wasn't all too clear with Japanese mythology, sadly, due to being exposed to others in his earlier years. And for some reason, it didn't seem to mix well. But whoever this was looked on in pure fascinating . . . definitely not one who knew much about the myths and legends themselves either, it seems. The diminutive teen sighs with a slight smile, it wasn't that often you'd see someone legitimately and absolutely enthused to hear this stories.

"Such power surely holds no bounds! I wonder if such an individual would mind performing such wonders before my eyes!"

. . . Wait, what?

. . .

What?

... ... ... ... ...

It was probably in his best interest to not try to better understand the reasoning behind the statements that this person had just made, but he was compelled to try to understand it since it just seemed so ... random. Normally such a thing would irritate him, but in this case it was so bizarre and done in so joyous a manner that it HAD to be genuine. Which baffled him.

"Excuse me~!" Then again, he did have another, legitimate reason to stop him ... er ... stop this person. The monk in question was a rather strange man who did NOT like interruptions during his recountings of the Shinto creation myths, and later lore be recited to those unfortunate enough to have to be the subject of him unloading all the oral wisdom he had locked up inside. So, his request to stop this person, while vocalized urgently to catch attention, was not loud enough to also draw the ire of the monk in question.

For now, he could only pray that he was heeded, and this strange ... attendant ... hadn't ignored him and walked onward.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Chance was so invested into the monk's display that s/he had hardly heard the faint "Excuse me." from the unknown source. Turning, the Attendant would look left and right before focusing on the shorter individual before him. "Huh? Oh hello there, you wouldn't happen to be talking to me, had you young one?" Chance gave a very quizzical facial expression, as s/he seem rather confused at the current situation. Then out of nowhere, s/he clapped her palms together. "Oh, I see. You'd like a better view of the monk's most daring stories! How bold! Please, Please, you may take my current standing!" The Velvet Attendant stepped aside to allow the young boy to step forward and claim her previous location. Though this little one was no guest, it did not mean the Attendant could not show them with the respect the actual guests received. Perhaps Chance's excitement regarding battling the "Monk of Legend" would need to be quelled some other day. Could he be a human who could wrestle a bear with his own two hands? Oh how exciting! "I wonder if more humans are this strong. If that is the case, they would surely spawn most powerful Personas. Hmm." The Attendant bit the tip of her thumb while reaching into her vest and removing her journal. Perhaps these were more notes she should have jotted down. "I wonder. If I were to be so bold as to make an offering an a wish, perhaps I myself may come upon such potential! It is certainly worth a shot, is it not?" The young looking Attendant would open his journal and begin to jot notes while walking towards the offering box and away from the monk telling various stories to the young. Sadly, s/he couldn't waste too much time with him. The Velvet Room did call, and s/he only had a small amount of time to neglect her duties before heading back.
Back to top Go down
Kazuya

Kazuya

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

"Huh? Oh hello there, you wouldn't happen to be talking to me, had you young one?"

"Er ... yes?"

"Oh, I see. You'd like a better view of the monk's most daring stories! How bold! Please, Please, you may take my current standing!"

"Wha? No! No, no. I just wanted to warn you Monk Gyotsuo isn't fond of distractions during his stories!" the younger nervously waved his hand as if doing such would somehow clear up the misconception more quickly or something or other. Still he ... she ... this touched individual had already stood aside, leaving a bit of an awkward space between them. Well, this would certainly be the last time he acted in goodwill to another on impulse, since it always lead to more trouble than he'd like nowadays. Still, now that he had drawn close to the old monk and his stories, there wasn't a reason to back up any time soon.

"I wonder if more humans are this strong. If that is the case, they would surely spawn most powerful Personas. Hmm."

. . . what?

Persons... what?

"I wonder. If I were to be so bold as to make an offering an a wish, perhaps I myself may come upon such potential! It is certainly worth a shot, is it not?"

... ... What?

Now he couldn't help it. Whoever this person was, what was being said was just . . . strange. Stranger than the strangest things he'd heard said before about this shrine, and that was saying something already. It was no in his nature to be at all concerned in the business of others, but this one ... well, this one's business seemed absurd to comical degrees he couldn't help but wonder. That and he hadn't given an offering yet as well, having come here to just enjoy the quiet (beyond the Monk's usual lectures).

"Pardon me sir ... miss ... uhm ... Excuse me again. Is this your first time to the Aiku Shrine? I mean, offerings don't tend to grant supernatural powers and ... uh ... let people be on par with gods around here. N-not that people wish for that s-sort of stuff in the first place, mind you!"
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 pm

"They do not? I always figured a wish meant anything was possible. How interesting.." The Attendant grasped the tip of her hat and brought it slightly down over her forehead in thought. A detective should have known this! Such fascinating things she had been learning of these lovely days. "Well then, why do those make an offering at such a box if they can not wish for power? Is there more humanity craves for, other than more power? How fascinating!" The Velvet room Attendant would continue on her way to the offering box. Reaching into his vest, he remove a small pocket book and hold it over the box. Suddenly, a shower of yen would fall down upon the box, as the attendant was looking to fill it up entirely. "I believe the more currency offered, the better your chances are regarding your wish becoming true, yes? Well, what do I wish for.. I wonder." Chance did not think this through entirely. The yen filled the box entirely, and some even overflowed out at this point. People watched on with confused eyes. However, Chance hadn't noticed them. She simply tapped her chin wondering what an Attendant would wish for. It took a few seconds..

Suddenly, he'd snap his fingers with a smile. "Ah, yes! If I may be so bold, perhaps I should wish for the.. video games.. to be placed within the Velvet Room aswell. Surely Genji-san would be quite envious of me. Well then! Offering box, I would like one of these.. video game.. systems, please!" Chance bowed his head and awaited the materialization of this.. video game system.. before him! This was how the offering would be carried out, correct?
Back to top Go down
Kazuya

Kazuya

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 am

"Haha, I can understand that, but no ... Not everything is possible. And, I guess people do sometimes wish for stuff like that, but that's not too common." he replies nervously, while it seems this unusual stranger was taking in what he had said very much seriously. To say this was unusual would be an understatement from his point of view.

And then came the next question. Why did they make offerings? What was it they wanted ... ?

"I wouldn't say that humans don't crave for more power . . . that's a given. But, the offerings here are for good fortune in future endeavors, more than anything. Even ones as insane as pursuit of higher power, I suppose. S-so I guess it-"

His mumblings about how he interpreted the cosmic power that the Offering Box had over the natural world was suddenly cut short by the strange visitor pulling out what appeared to be ... well, whatever it was, it seemed to be a black hole. A giant gravitational distortion of space and reality, in which vast quantities of cash were stored within and were emptied out at a frankly mindboggling rate.

So much that he, and the Monk ... and the Shrine Maiden, and just about EVERYONE in the immediate vicinity who heard the clatter of countless yen being deposited into the box rather noisily, and even overflowing.

"Buh ... coin ... box ... full. Why? No, wait. How do you even fit that many coins in that tiny container! And ... I-i'm not sure what the rule is on the size of offerings, but ... well, what gods of fortune there are will most likely be pleased with you." He was switching between babbling incomprehensible statements and relative lucidity in attempting to answer the questions that this strangest of strange persons was posing (most likely only vocalizing thoughts aloud)

And then he ... she ... made her wish.

'Velvet Room? Genji-san? ... video game system?'

An awkward pause after the declaration of the wish.

"Uhm ... generally, you don't make your wishes out loud. But since this is your first time, maybe the gods of fortune will be kind?" He couldn't help but say something since several seconds had ticked by with nary a sound. Not even the old Monk drawling in the background.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm

(Sorry for such delay. Finals)

The Attendant would pound a ball fist into the palm of her hand as if she were giving a verdict like a judge. "I see, so by me mistakenly wishing outloud, the Gods have turned ear! How foolish of me. I must apologize for my ignorance." Chance dropped down to his knees and bowed to the shrine before him. "FORGIVE ME, O HOLY GOD! MY IGNORANCE HAS TRULY BLOSSOMED BEFORE YOU!" Many turned to watch Chance's display in confusion, yet the Attendant would remain there for several minutes before picking herself up and giving a smile. It was almost as if she wasn't just sprawled out onto the ground and begging for a God to forgive her for a simple wish. Once complete, she would turned towards the boy before her and give a kind bow. "Well then, I believe I'm done here. I wish you the most great of days ahead, young one." The Attendant removed a journal from her vest before making her way down the stairs of the shrine, and writing various notes. Taking a sharp right turn once leaving the entrance of the shrine, the Velvet Attendant would disappear out of view, almost magically. In reality, she was simply returning to the Velvet room, yet those who did not share the potential could not see such a thing. After all, she needed to keep her siblings updated on the situations going on in the real world. As the main source of information, this was her duty and she did it proudly.
Back to top Go down
Kazuya

Kazuya

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:17 pm

(Ahhh, school. The ultimate most annoying thing in the universe)

Well, that was ... strange to say the least. He had come to pay the Shrine a visit, maybe make a prayer himself if the mood stuck him, but that was all derailed and thrown into the winds on the arrival of this oddly dressed ... attendant? Cosplayer? escaped asylum patient? But yeah, once this strange person had appeared and made his brain cease functioning with her (Or his, another aggravating quality) strange habits that were just too peculiar to simply ignore or write off as quirky.

And now here he ... she ... was, bowing before the shrine asking for forgiveness for a simple error that was usually more for good luck rather than, y'know, literal wish-granting? Seriously, it was super-awkward that everyone in the immediate area, even the Old Monk, was staring at her, and so was he. In fact, he was just baffled at how literal this guy was taking this whole thing, that he was almost certain she was doing it to make fun of him. Until the clearly unwell person stood back up again, as though kowtowing to shrines to beg forgiveness in light of erring was standard in this day and age, clearly unphased or perhaps oblivious to the attention the act had drawn. And then politely gave a small bow and bid him farewell.

At this point, he stood there utterly confused, still wondering what on earth could possible go through the mind of such a person who acted peculiarly. Then, he realized this strange person that broke the monotony, if by being utterly strange, was now leaving the area. By the time he charged after her ... er him? ... down the steps, the stranger was already making a sharp right and disappeared from view. He immediately followed, and was greeted by what was the strangest sight yet: Nothing.

Whoever that person was, having come in with strange beliefs and loose hands in coins, had just simply ... vanished in thin air? There wasn't even a sign that that one was in the distance, perhaps having broken into a run.

'... .... ..... WHAT'

Was the only thought he had before he finally stopped thinking about where that person had disappeared to, and instead dragged himself home to review how strange this afternoon had been.

(/Exit - End Topic.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blessings at the Shrine [Open]   Blessings at the Shrine [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Blessings at the Shrine [Open]
Page 1 of 1