Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:15 pm

“Well, who cares? Remember when you told me that it shouldn’t really matter what they think? You tried your best, and if they can’t appreciate that, go your own way. There is nothing wrong with that, though I never really had a relationship or been heartbroken. I don’t know how much it hurts right now Shun, and I don’t know what to do. All I know is that you are an amazing person that gave it your all.  Even if it didn’t turn out the way that you want, be proud of yourself for trying.  You can do that, you have the ability to lift your head high inspite of the results.”

Hyde would then take in a big sigh. “I don’t know much about family either. However, if they don’t listen to you, you make them listen. Demand it; demand that as parent’s they should pay attention to the fact that not everybody’s perfect, even when raised as such. However, looking back at your past achievements, there’s a lot to be proud of. It’s never going to be enough for them, so stop trying to please a bunch of perfectionists. I mean, honor your parents, but if they rent mindful to their children,  I think it better to do hats best for yourself instead of being miserable.  As long as you are capable of loving yourself, it’s easy to love others. You told me that I didn’t have to change, why should you? It’s a lot easier to love genuine people  that are true to their emotions.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Hyde had an innocent and simplistic way of thinking that made everything seem easy to solve. If only it was just like Hyde said, then Shunnosuke wouldn't have so many problems in first place. It doesn't work like that. He can't just back out and leave back everyone, be it family or the one he's infatuated with, simply because their relationship would require them to meet and interact pretty often.  Speaking about the family specifically, it was harder to make himself heard when they're basically four against one. Two strict and oldfashioned grandparents, two negligent parents who couldn't care less could impose easily their views on a insecure teenager if they wanted to keep him in line. It's easy to buy silence with the right exchange currency. As for Sharaku...althought Shunnosuke wasn't obliged to interact with him on a daily basis, but they were part of the same team. To ignore him forever wasn't an option if they needed each other together to solve those strange supernatural occurrences. If anything, the way things stand, they'd only need to see each other more often from now on. Still, Hyde's attempt to console and calm him down worked to an extent. Shunnosuke wouldn't cry copiously anymore, though his tears were running down, however at a slower pace.
...and then they kick me out and I lose everything I've earned so far. — That wasn't a remote possibility. Hyde wouldn't know but it was implied a number of times whenever Shunnosuke expressed his refractoriness. — ...being genuine, not being genuine to please everyone, in the end I'll have the same results. Everyone will look down to me... — He rose his head a bit, rubbing his yukata's sleeve on his face to dry his tears. — If this keeps up...I might throw myself in that river... — Now, whether he was serious with that threat or not, it was debatable and totally up to the listener's interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:05 pm

NO! DON’T SAY THAT!” Hyde raised his voice; which isn’t usually done at times. He didn’t like the fact that Shun was that upset over what happened. “I know you can’t swim, I’ll jump in right after you and save your butt. Then give you a good lesson on making me worry!” Hyde was the one that was getting upset now. “You been properly trained and groomed into being a heir. Do you think that you really need your parents legacy to make something of yourself? You could build your own connections; maybe even get into something that you really want to do with your life. Sure, it’s nothing like being rich, but money isn’t everything. Even if they kick you out, what then? You are still their son, would they give up everything they worked hard for without keeping it in the family? After all this time?

Hyde would then turn shun’s face to his. “Look at me; I’m not looking down on you. I’m at your eye level, were equals. Were friends, were close, I don’t want to lose you over trivial drama from your family, I don’t think you should think about ending it that way. As a matter of fact, this is the best time to struggle as much as you can, when it gets this hard. Don’t let them see you quit!” Hyde continued to encourage Shun, but he didn’t know if it was working.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Hyde had been making efforts to cheer Shunnosuke up, but he didn't understand fully a few things. Mainly how this whole connection-legacy relation works. In every sphere of your life and mainly in the upper class scenery, being well-connected and having the right people on your side can be a door-opener. To achieve any goals from nothing is nearly impossible in the contemporary, capitalist society, Shunnosuke knew that much even though he didn't have to deal with the majority of struggles people who weren't born as lucky as him had. Being turned down from his family would mean the loss of all facilities and luxuries he enjoyed so far. He couldn't really afford being deprived from all these benefits at the cost of his individuality, that's just unthinkable. So unthinkable he didn't even had energy  to explain this to Hyde, he doubted the redhead, with his over the top cheerful disposition and exaggerate positivity would swallow it down. It's only natural; though he showed empathy, his point of view was that of someone outside the whole problem.

...trivial drama. Well, thank you, that sure will make me feel better. — His tone was still weak, though his sarcasm and acidity weren't. Shunnosuke had nothing to say for a while, just watching his classmate with teary eyes when Hyde held his face. Perhaps the choice words were far from the ideal, mainly calling his struggles "trivial drama", but Shunnosuke would swallow it down and ignore it. He didn't want to cause any more drama. — ...I'm just tired of trying to be a Sunshine Barbie while everybody sees me as Darth Vader. — He lowered his gaze and released a deep sigh followed by a faint, soft smile. — I'm sorry for this show. You must be tired of listening to this, aren't you? Do you want to go to the Festival...or something...? — The last few parts were voiced in a lower, more insecure tone. He wasn't up for going there yet, but he didn't want to stay and feel depressed for the night either. If Hyde wanted to go there, he'd make him company.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:29 pm

“No shun, I’m not tired of listening to you. It makes me happy that you are able to talk about this with me. As a matter of fact, I think we should get up and try to enjoy the festival. You know those games when you have to use the gun to knock down the toy that you want? “ Hyde would grab shuns hand and lift him up. “We could play that game; maybe I could win you something that would be a nice gift to celebrate the holiday. That could put you in a good mood, or even better, we could get yourself a bag of pet fish. “

Hyde would give the pet fish idea a second thought though. However, I think a puppy would be the best pet for you. Either way, we should move forward and put our troubles behind us. “ Hyde made sure that his next choice of words was clear for shun to hear. “ Whether it’s a friend, or whoever. As long as there is someone out here that is willing to try to make you happy, it’s also your responsibility to pursue happiness for yourself as well. Don’t ever let life get you down; people could think what they want. If you say you’re a sunshine Barbie doll, then that’s what you are! Ok?”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:59 pm

After Shunnosuke picked the box of taiyakis he cast aside, he stood up, holding his hand. He wasn't at all fond of the idea of going back to the crowded Festival. Not all. But if Hyde wanted to go there, what he could do? The teenager wouldn't stay alone in the river bank. And Hyde was so enthusiastic about the idea Shun might give it a try. Not that the puppy idea was too attractive, for he already had a temperamental cat to take care of, or even the toy suggestions, since the teenager wasn't all that interested in cheap plush dolls, but...it made him snicker a bit. The redhead was really trying to make him cheerful, it evoked in him some...rather unusual feelings. Perhaps embarrassment for having cried his heart out or the huge amount of attention he'd been receiving, the fact is it made him blush under the soaked reddening his face got due to his emotional outburst.

...alright. — He opened a little smile, drying the last teardrops. — Shall we move on, then? — He asked, not letting go of Hyde's hand.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Hyde continued to hold Shun’s hand as he proceeded to lead his friend back to the happy crowd of where all of the action was. There was plenty of things going on that could cheer shun up, Hyde just didn’t know which one of these events would do the trick. Let’s start with that shooting game first!” Hyde would say as he brought Shun over to the shooting game and put the toy gun in his hand. “I’ll pay for five shots please!” Hyde would say to the man as he gave the vender a bill. The man would then nod at shun with a smile and waved his hand around the entire assortment of prizes. “If you could knock it down, it’s yours!” Hyde would then pat shun on the back with a grin. “Don’t get nervous now, I thought cowboys were pretty quick on the draw?
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Shunnosuke wasn't used to people paying things for him, not in a direct manner, however. If you consider the teen used his family's credit cards for everything he wanted, then of course his entire life was based on people buying him whatever he desired.

You know I'm not a real cowboy... — He rolled his eyes at Hyde's comment, although giving the guy a little bit of credit. It was indeed a humorous, moodlifter remark. Taking a deep breath, Shunnosuke grabbed the gun and carefully aimed to one of the displayed dolls...he narrowed his eyes and...shot fired, failed. — ...well now, a failure. Why am I not surprised...? — Shrugging, the teenager tried his second attempt. This time, however, he held the gun with more assuredness and, although his shot failed again to hit the target, it was closer to it this round than before. Shunnosuke wasn't trying hard and paying too much attention to that game, however it didn't stop him from being truly bothered by his lack of luck. — ...okay. Third time is the charm, isn't that what they say? — Again, the teenager prepared to make his third shot. This time, it had to work on his favor. By now he was used to holding the gun the proper way (or close to it, anyway), plus his frustration for not having an outright success made his resolution to actually suceed this time fiercer. The blonde concentrated...aimed for the toll...pulled the trigger, made his third shot...and again, failed. — Gaah! Enough of it! — He pushed the gun in Hyde's direction, precisely, his chest. If that had the purpose to soothe the boy's mood, it ended up having the contrary effect. — It's like those things have a force field around them, urgh! Or maybe there's a magnet attracting the bullets away, whatever. Check it for yourself. — Needless to say, as an overachiever, Shunnosuke had a hard time to deal with his lack of ability for certain tasks. Mainly the ones that required some degree of physical proficiency, to which the boy never gave too much credit.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Hyde would watch quietly and carefully. Even though it .looked like Shun was getting pretty frustrated on the game, at least he was more focused on something else that didn’t involve too much drama. There were things in life that was pretty simple, just like this game. “ You know Shun chan, this game is kind of like life itself. There is a hit and miss sometimes. The frustration of any kind of failure could lead you to put it down all together. “ Hyde would then y for three shots of his own and take the gun from shun. “ However, you pick yourself back up and you go right at it.

Hyde slightly leaned and carefully took aim at where shun was aiming. Hyde ended up missing the first two shots, but they were really close. “ Awww, I almost had it! Alright, let’s give it one more try then!” Hyde still kept his spirits up as he fired the third shot. I knocked down the item that Shun wanted and Hyde did a fist pump in the air for a celebration. “Alright?! See that shun, your effort wasn’t in vain it warmed it up for me. Sometimes, it’s good for friends to have your back in times like this, even now. “ Hyde had a bright smile on his face as he looked over to the booth owner and back to Shun. “Well, what are you waiting for? Go get your prize.”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:42 am

"Kind of like life"? Well now, hasn't Hyde said something right for once? Shunnosuke silently agreed with that comparison, life has really screwed with him pretty much just like that game. And Hyde himself missed two shots. It was rather funny how the redhead remained optimistc even when the odds were against him. Shunnosuke would never be able to grasp what evoked in Hyde that necessity of being positive and hopeful all the time...and in sight of his success in his third try, the teenager also would never understand why it seemed to work so well for redhead.

... — As a bashful smile bloomed through his face, he picked up the toy the store manager gave him as a prize, a mere rabbit plushie doll which resembled the one from Alice in Wonderland tale. It's probably a really cheap prize that'd get ruined the first opportunity, whether it'd be the first washing or if Aphrodite, his cat, decided to make it her new victim. Well, at least he gained something and in sight of Hyde's goodwill to cheer him up, the one thing he wouldn't do is diss the gift. — Don't you want to try and get anything for yourself?

Last edited by Shunny on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Hmm? I already got something Shun, you smiled for me. I was hoping that I could get you to be happy again. I know that you must have had a lot better gifts or gestures, but doesn’t the rabbit remind you of the Easter bunny we saw at Halloween?” Hyde would make a small giggle as he pointed at the rabbit. “ One of the better gifts are the ones that remind us about things, memorable items that have some kind of connection to our precious memories. The time I spend with you or everyone as a group is precious to me. At the very least, it could be a funny gesture portraying to all the fun that we had. “ Hyde was a real sucker for trinkets that remind him of things. It wasn’t really planned when Shun decided on his prize, but it was fun to think about.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:12 pm

By now it became a habit for Hyde to say things that invariably would leave Shunnosuke speechless. Shun would never understand why the redhead kept this cheerful demeanor all the time…and he would never understand why he liked that trait in his friend if once he disliked that part of his personality, right from the beginning. Hyde had always been like that. Perhaps it’s Shunnosuke who changed a tad. — …yeah, sort of. — It was funny how Hyde seemed to remember that event from months ago and associate his prize to it. Shunnosuke, on the other hand, nearly forgot it; the occasion wasn’t memorable enough in his opinion. — So, you want to do something else? Lately we haven’t been doing much but chasing danger and theorizing over it. It’s quite nice to have my normal life back… — He said with a relieved sigh from which a faint smile sprouted. By now, the teenager was okay with wandering around here and there, even if that meant they’d just look at what the eventual tents had available for selling…as long as they don't go far enough to meet someone he wasn’t in the mood to encounter now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Something else?! Sure, let’s walk around and find a nice spot for the fireworks. That seems to be something that we could do. I would say to get the best seats in the house, but I’m pretty sure that we would be doing too much sitting. “ Hyde would say with a small chuckle. Well, there is a little ways before that. I did see a beverage stall around this are, maybe we could get something to drink? I think the festival specialties include these really great fruit smoothies. You could even pick the fruits that you want in them. “ Hyde couldn’t help but to be excited for that, he was kind of craving a banana and strawberry smoothie for the longest.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:45 am

Shunnosuke for once discarded the sitting idea. He had been doing that by the river bank for too long already before Hyde arrived. From where they were previously, they had a pretty limited view on the fireworks, seeing it only when they were high enough, and not all fireworks reach that point in the sky. — I'm moderately fine with walking. Just...not too much. — He had a reason for voicing this out, obviously. — ...hm, okay. Can't stand feeling my throat that dry, anyway. Let's get something to drink then? I've been in that river for too much time I even forgot to get me something. — Not really "forgot". He just wanted to avoid an awkward situation and therefore he could go over his physical needs. Speaking of them, his stomach would resonate sonorously right at this moment, due to Shun not having eaten enough, putting the teenager in an embarrassing instance. Darn, how impolite is that? If he could, he'd bury his head in the nearest hole and leave once the century is gone... — ...and I want more of that taiyaki, if you may.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Alright! Lets go!” Hyde would say as he took Shun over to where the smoothie stall was. It was one of his favorite stalls, and it wasn’t too far away from the taiyaki stall as well. Hyde wasn’t necessarily hungry, he figured that a little bit more food could keep himself together until he gets home. Either way, the taiyaki stall was a bit closer, so Hyde and shun would stop there first. “ could I get six this time?” Hyde would say with a bright smile on his face before turning back to shun. “ I’m treating this time! Alright?! I’m going to make sure you are properly fed, don’t want you starving on me. After all, this festival isn’t over yet.” He figured that it wouldn’t be ok to let his friends treat when they were feeling down about something. After the food was handed to them, Hyde would take one and give shun the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]   New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year, old feelings (Silent Mountain Festival) [Hyde]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next