Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Guard Duty (Sharaku)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Guard Duty (Sharaku)  Empty
PostSubject: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 12:56 am

Was no one ready to protect the island or what? After the business the Shadow attacking the wall was causing, it would disappear and reappear from time to time, making a havoc of it all. Today, it was Sandra Dulrish's turn to take guarding point on the outside of the city. She stood in a combat uniform, her blue hair tightly knitted behind her head as she looked around at the rifts that stood aroun the entrance. It was one job that guards at the front had to look at. She had seen a small couple look before but not do anything. She couldn't assume they were violent, so all she could do is wait until something came up, then grill them. She could not leave this world, since orders were orders. Hopefully this will actually get the low ranker somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 12:16 pm

It seemed that everyone was off doing their own thing. Or, at the very least, nothing was happening yet, since the whole discussion on the matter back then. Well, Sharaku didn't expect it to go this fast anyway. Hyde was the only one to seriously rush things. And, he himself did not truly mind waiting, but he really had nothing to do lately. Might as well look around. That wouldn't hurt...hopefully. But, in all seriousness, he had sort of volunteered to go inspect this place, and he had to go sooner or later. Since no one was initiating any business now, it sounded like a good idea. He'd be damned if he had to squeeze this in while being busy with other things.

Guard Duty (Sharaku)  TyKi

...But, he didn't expect to see anyone loitering around just around the entrance. Actually, he wasn't aware someone lived around these places. Interesting. While, yes, he knew about San Malarus and Penecia, this was a new one. It put a little change in his plans, but he didn't mind too much. With a slight wince, he would put out the cigarette between his fingers, before approaching the blue haired woman. ''Hello, miss. It's a pleasure to meet someone around here.'', he'd say in a polite tone, bowing to her slightly. Well, he didn't know who she was, but for now, it was time to play nice. He would see...maybe.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Guard Duty (Sharaku)  LeonaFace2

When the oddly-skinned man stepped through, Sandra looked surprised for a brief moment, then gave a sort of smirk at the man. "You came here so casually! What in the world are you doing here?" she asked. Well, it may have been somewhat obvious of his goal at the matter. In any event, she straightened up into a posture that the sergeants would be proud of, before looking at him with a little of wary curiosity. "I just need your name, and what the other side is, also what powers do you have? It looks a lot like our island, before this mess happened." As she spoke, she was holding her hand out to the wall and the blood red sky that tainted Sharaku's sight. "So, I take it you have never been here before? Probably  big change of pace from your home. I've never been in it myself though. Sounds like we have a lot to deal with, hopefully you aren't here to ruin anything," she said, her smirk turning a bit more serious.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Eh..? Wait. Wait. That was a lot of questions at once. What was he even supposed to answer first? This woman was sure bringing up the point quick. He barely said hello, and she was already interrogating him, sort of. Suspicious much? Though, all in all, Sharaku wasn't that badly suprised. Guess the people on this side would be wary about random visitors. Hell, he would probably be too if he lived in a world that had things like Shadows roaming around daily. That was no fun, he could tell well enough.

''I'm...looking around..?'', he would answer in a sort of half-question. What did she think he could really want to do here? ''Anyhow, the name's Sharaku Rikei, pleasure to meet you. I assume by other side you mean the place I came from...Its name is Malstu. Not sure what you actually want to know in regards to it.'', he would keep a pleasant smile as he spoke to her. Too many questions, yes, but for now, he could understand why was she asking. And it was fine, as long as she didn't start inquiring about something too weird. ''As for powers...what am I supposed to do, show you? But, I can fight, if that's the sort of answer you want to hear.'', he would tilt his head to the side a little. She didn't want him to start naming techniques, did she..? Because he didn't think he could legitimately manage that.

''Also, not exactly true. I'll admit I haven't had the chance of spending much time here specifically, but I have been to places similar to this one before. Each is strange in its own way. No need to worry, I'm not planning anything bad. I just wanted to see this place up close.'', he'd explain, after a moment of contemplation, somewhat assuring her that he wasn't here to pick trouble. If there was something he'd prefer to do...it was to avoid getting in a strife with people living here. He wasn't Hyde. Better be cautious before flailing around.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:33 pm

So he could fight, and he could walk through the rifts and he was only planning on exploring? She couldn't really argue with it, in fact, getting some insight into the other side of the rifts would be very helpful, and she didn't want to give this man reason to start causing a ruckus in this world. "Sandra Dulrish is my name. It doesn't particularly matter what powers you have since no matter what side we are on, we seem to want to work together. It's interesting like that. But hm, Malstu? That's the name of this island as well. Does that mean you're part of another parallel world and something is going on there too?" she continued on...and on. She was quick-witted to be sure, but she definitely spoke alot and came to conclusions rather quickly. "Well, if you're exploring, does that mean you are interested in fixing our little business on this island? Nothing wrong with taking a little help, gotta keep the peace around here. So which end are you on, Philemon, Nyarlathotep, someone else?" She wasn't exactly accompanied by guards, as they were down the wall some distance away, so she was alone, talking to some random stranger like he was a gossip buddy. She sure was...excitable...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Well, wouldn't you look at that..? It appeared that each of these worlds were really different. And most likely didn't even have knowledge about each other, much less about the 'real' ones. Seeing as for what he knew already, everyone found out something else. Naomi said people at San Malarus were mostly androids. Hyde claimed there was a war going on at Penecia. And this woman here was promoting teamwork instead. This worked well, however. It meant he didn't have to get into trouble by being forced to pick a side and automatically be put against others. That was a nice advantage to have. Made it easier to stroll around. As much as he found working alone more preferable at times, teamwork could be a livesaver too, apparently.

''I see. Joining forces makes it easier, I'll agree with that.'', he would state casually, before thinking a bit more over Sandra's words. ''Paralell world, hm? Can't say for sure, but it might be something like that. Malstu isn't the only part of the other side that has these rifts, however. There are a few around there, each leading to their own alternate version. It's as if every separate region had their own..mirror world? To be honest, I haven't gotten around to finding out what exactly this is. Though, I wouldn't say we have similar problems. Things are happening, yes, but it's probably worse here. We don't have Shadows on our side, unless they break through from here.'', he would try to give an explanation, scratching his cheek thoughtfully. But seriously, he...didn't really know what these places were, now that he thought about it.

''Ah, maybe? Depending what kind of business it is. But, yes, I might be interested. As for side...Probably neither..? I do work mostly with people that are under Philemon, as far as I know...but I'd say I'm not bound to them, really. I think I don't consider myself to be on either end. Neutral, perhaps? I just do what seems appropriate at the time.'' It took him a while to come up with that. He remembered Hyde telling them about Philemon and Nyarlathotep from his visit to Penecia, and saying something about them being on the side of the former, pretty much...but, he himself did not have a Persona...he wasn't truly like them..that and he didn't like labels to be honest. He had not been given a reason to make a decision. Why? What did he really know about those two..Gods, or whatever they were? He wasn't going to declare something, and then regret it later.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:08 am

"Hmmm? Neutral? You an android? Need some medicine? Work with Shadows loosely? Ah whatever, so that must mean that our struggle is important to you guys! That makes me feel a little better knowing you came to our help!" she said, flexing one of her arms and poiting at the wall behind her. "You see, we have a volcano here, if you know what it is from your world behind these walls in the town. Every now and again, it'll spit out Shadows on the town, so we need to bring out Persona-Users and Children and everyone else in between from all pover to protect the normal weaker people. The problem is when we try to approach the volcano to see what's causing the mess from inside, we get bulky Shadows coming from the roots trying to stop us at the base. So we know something is going on up there. We don't have the people to spare for an expedition, so it's good that you showed up and can follow orders!" she said, grabbing his shoulder firmly with a friendly smile, though it was more of a smile that was assured Sharaku would join in and enlist his services, lest something else happens.

"Those Shadows need to be stopped, or at least, we need to get to the source of that mountain so we can put an end to this madness. We can find a way to stop this chaos and return the world to normal! So, I thank you for helping us out!"

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:12 pm

A volcano that spits out Shadows..? Sharaku stared at the wall thoughtfully. Strange. Well, the one on their side didn't seem to be doing anything, not even blowing up...which would honestly be a bad thing. Something was obviously going on here, yes, but it did sound a bit dangerous to try and rush there, if what she was saying was true. There must be a lot of Shadows in there if it can throw them out regularly and still keep some back there on 'guard'.

Which brought him to her excitement. They don't have enough people for an expedition...what, she wants him to go there on his own or something...? He wasn't suicidal yet. He could beat up several Shadows, even stronger ones when needed, but from what she told him, he doubted this was a job for a small amount of people. Unless they were super powerful. Doing his best not to push her away, he would give her a quizzical look. ''I see. Very well. I can help checking this out, however, I never said I'd follow orders. I'm doing this on my own spare time, not as a part of your group. I don't intend to completely do my own thing, but I believe I don't need to be taking orders from people I don't even know. I'll offer you assistance, but that's that for now.'', he would clarify himself, keeping a polite smile.

It was nice to know she was enthusiastic, but he was not about to go completely out of his way until he knew for sure that he was not getting himself into some sort of hell here. He was willing to try to help, but if he decided that something was enough, it was enough. Dying was not on his list as of yet. ''But, all in all, you're welcome, miss.'' She was persistent, indeed. In actuality, he was sort of surprised she trusted him not to mess with her only after a few questions. They really had to be on low numbers to be this desperate for help, even by a stranger.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:24 am

When Sharaku made his firm stance to remain his own employee of sorts, Sandra frowned a bit, but nodded. "Well, if you gotta do something you gotta do something. We can't trust you completely anyway, so maybe you can earn your place among our domain by stopping a few Shadows that are trying to attack, or you can stand guard duty for a little bit. You'll be paid and of course you will be supplied with rations and what little we can offer. Gotta make sure you repay the offer somehow. But the little hep is always good! Feel free to take whatever time, hopefully this will all be settled. I've had it up to here with that stupid volcano. I a convinced something is in there besides just a bunch of Shadows," she said, crossing her arms and sneering at the wall, though she would be referring to the mountainous volcano that stood behind it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:54 am

That could...work. There wasn't a problem with sending a few Shadows away. Sharaku didn't mind that. Unless they were super strong. He might have an objection is such a case. Guard duty did sound...boring, however. In his opinion, at least. All you do there is stand around, and watch if something happens. Not that he knew how long at a time it was, but still, when nothing went on, that kind of job wasn't very entertaining. If he had to make a pick, he'd lean more towards the fighting. ''Point taken. I think I would prefer fighting, however. I don't like standing idle for too long.'', he would state, glancing at the wall briefly, before looking back to face her again. ''Speaking of which, I believe you might be right. Plenty of unexplained things are happening. I wouldn't cross out the possibility that something is in there.'' The question was, what..? He had no idea in that sense, but it did seem like an option. It was hard to believe that there were always so many Shadows just because in there, even if people kept defeating them. There must be a reason why do they gather there or such. No clue what it was, though.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 7:10 pm

She grinned and punched her fists together and then patted his shoulder once more, a bit harder. "Good! Take out that one Shadow that is bugging the wall. Or you can stop by to pick up other times to take out Shadows that are trying to break in, or the ones that attack the city. Some try to fly in from the forest around the volcano. It's a pain. I promise after you leave I will have more work for you when you get back." She was getting pumped. Finally someone tried to help. There was no reason to not check in and work together, especially if other worlds are concerned. "But that volcano is weird. Maybe at some point you can grab some help for the trek? We would love it! But you already agreed to do it at some point, so good work soldier. We'll probably let you in after you take out that Shadow so don't worry about that, or we can find some work for you outside it, so no rushing man. We need some kind of proof you're on our side; nothin' personal kid."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 7:35 pm

That one Shadow...eh? If Sharaku's memory served him well, she most likely meant the one from back then. Well, that sounded nice and dandy, but he wasn't about to take that one on his own. Still, they had been planning to deal with it anyway, so all good. Not that he knew when. As much as it kept being on plan, it seemed to be taking time to get realized. Smaller Shadows shouldn't be a problem, however. ''I know the Shadow you mean, but that will most likely have to be left for a little later. I am not planning on facing that one on my own. I do have comrades that can help with that. We'd have to get together for it first, however.'', he would state in a calm tone. She was a rather excitable woman, or so it seemed. Well, as long as he wasn't forced into something without a choice, playing along was fine.

''But, as long as it's just the usual Shadows, I don't mind getting rid of a few anytime, I guess.'', he would add, giving her a slightly raised eyebrow afterwards, though. ''I'd rather not be called a kid, though.'' Proof? Fine with him, but if anything else, he was not taking to being called a kid. Better to make note now, because he was not liking that one. Just because he offered help, didn't mean he was going to let himself be thrown around.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:04 pm

"Sounds good! More show up all the time, so don't feel bad for doing something else." She paused for a moment to look to the side to think. "Well, did you want to know anything else? I can tell you what I can, cause you're a volunteer. Just don't think you can one-up us with all this info, cause we have been protecting this island when the others fell for several years for a reason!" She didn't make it sound like a threat, more like a boast, cause she looked down at him, even though she was almost as tall as he was if not a bit shorter. She was waiting for him to ask any more questions, or if he meant to strike up a conversation about something else. It better be something she could talk about!
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:56 pm

What for...? She was either that full of herself, ot just overexcited. Either way, she should be glad that he even decided to help out, not telling him to not feel bad because he wasn't doing something in the first place. Sharaku considered questioning her logic in this, but her second statement caught his attention a bit more. Was she seriously trying to assure him that it was a stupid idea to blab things out and such..? She really had a weird attitude, if nothing else. ''For the same reason you're failing to get rid of the source on your own..? No offense to your tactics, but not all people would be happy to jump in and help when they're being told down straight away. You're lucky I don't care enough right now, I suppose.'', he would state, somewhat nonchalantly. This and that, but he was not going to be quiet and take such attitude without at least a comment on it.

''Anyhow, if I may ask...was it always like this here..? Or did the volcano start acting up only at some point of time in the past?'', he'd ask, giving her a slightly inquisitive look. It had to start at some time, did it not..? After all, even on their side things started happening only recently. It wasn't like that before. It was hard to imagine that it was without some reason on this side...and just started out that way.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:43 am

When Sharaku ostensibly insulted her work force, her smile cracked slightly, into a face of annoyance before returning to normal. "Well, if you're going to be that way...but no, the islands were not all like this. When the Shadows began erupting from the volcano, the sky over time turned red, and they began to flood around the city. We grew Personas first so we could hold our own, but when they reached the water, they took over the other islands that were further away. We can even see them anymore." And she was right. No matter how hard you could look, not a single island near this one was in sight, but every now and again, shades could be seen under the water; remnants of the Shadows that lurk beneath. She grew a pained look and clutched her fist. "You don't know how much you love what you love until it's gone."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guard Duty (Sharaku)    Guard Duty (Sharaku)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Guard Duty (Sharaku)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next