Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Maybe this will help? [Vera]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Penny

Penny

Maybe this will help? [Vera] Empty
PostSubject: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

How tiring... the game was boring when you were over-leveled... but alas, Pokemon games were like that and Mir having a habit of training to Level 80 for the first round of the Elite Four didn't help... saving the game, Mir closed the emulator and turned off her PS Vita, putting it back in her bag. Sighing, Mir closed her eyes and wandered just what she'd do while waiting... though there really was only one person near her, everyone else had wandered off or were just standing in the courtyard, not doing anything... turning around, Mir swung to the other side of the tree to check up on Vera, finding her writing in a sort of diary-like book... "Hm?" Giving a small intrigued noise, Mir moved to the front of Vera to not peek at what she was writing, Mir wasn't one to intrude on people's lives, much less snoop on their diaries... "Hey, um... Vera, right?" Giving her a light smile, Mir was hoping to look at least a bit friendly, since being on people's bad sides wasn't really a preference of hers... "Seems like everyone left us all alone... so, I want to take the chance to apologize for lying to you right off the bat... Not like I can go back now and I don't think this is enough to make you trust me but I'd still like to say it..." Rubbing the back of her head, Mir didn't really know what she was trying to do, socializing with someone like this... but she'd like to clear up any misconceptions first and foremost, Mir wasn't a liar by choice, after all, if she could get where she wanted without lying, that'd be her path... so, right now, she was just letting out what was bothering her... so she simply kept up an expressionless face with slightly downcast eyes as she waited for Vera's reply, should there be any...
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Vera closed her journal, however she would not look up at this thing that came to speak to her. Infact, she was more wondering why this machine was wandering around when Shibuya was supposed to be keeping an eye on it. "Don't say my name, I didn't tell you it for a reason. Also, why are you wandering around? You're not cleared from being a threat here. Sit down somewhere before we're forced to shut you down permanently. And I'd rather not waste my strength doing that." The violet haired girl spoke plainly towards the machine, not even looking upon it as if it were a real person. After all, it was a mere machine. Nothing but nuts and bolts disguised to be a normal, functioning human. Vera had nothing personal against these machines, but after that Shadow inside the tower tried to make her relive her past with Gabriela, there was a small part of her that held some resentment. Vera was sure this tower was going to keep diving into her consciousness and pulling things just to hurt her. Well, more power to it.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Mir would be a bit sad at the girl's words, though they rang true, she was definitely not cleared of doubt here... nothing she could do about it, she supposed... and though death was a thing she was ready for... finding it here wouldn't really help her at all... "I see... alright, I'll stay put from now on..." Mir nodded, accepting the girl's order and sat down under a tree opposite Vera, looking up at the sky through the leaves... "I guess it really will be a while before I'm cleared of doubt, huh...?" With a sigh, Mir uttered that as a simple question so Vera could hear her. "Sorry, I didn't realize you didn't want me to say your name... should I call you something else from now on?" She wasn't really much in the mood for fighting... but still, Mir wanted to at least make sure that people didn't treat her as something she wasn't... Mir wanted to make clear what she was, whether Vera was listening or not, someone else could, at least... "You don't really think I'm all machinery inside, do you?" Looking at Vera with a bit of a downcast look, Mir felt... a bit tired... "I don't know what happened inside... but I can actually think, I'm not a mindless machine made to look human." She wasn't really shouting and aggression couldn't be heard from her words... but Mir really was a bit angry at the world for letting her life be like this... "I know what I'm saying so out of the blue must be stupid... but I just wanted to clear up that I'm actually not fully mechanical... even if I don't have a heart." She'd spout out rather matter-of-fact-ly, like she really didn't want to say this so soon... but ah well, what was done was done... "Hey, can I ask you if you want to read something? I have some books in my bag I can get if you like any of them..." Right now, she just wanted some chit-chat, Mir had let out some heavy stuff without anyone asking her, after all... she just wanted to be occupied for a while...
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 1:29 pm

"Just call me 'Miss', and that'll be fine." Her round eyes still did not look at the machine, but instead would remain focused on the tower doorway, making sure no one came in or out of it. Even if those Persona Users attempted to leave, she'd block their exit and force them to go back in. After all, they needed to prove themselves or disappear. Her family's life was on the line out here. Atleast, the one family member that mattered to her, ever since her own parents had mysteriously disappeared. Ever since moving to Japan, nothing but strange things had happened. Was this country always so crazy? She was almost lost in thought before the machine spoke again. "You're no different than the last machine I came across here. Appearing to be human, but being nothing but nuts and bolts inside. You don't even have a real heart, and your emotions are nothing but simulations based off a program. Atleast, that's what I'd think." The violet haired female continued to look towards the doorway of the tower. She didn't seem interested in getting to know this machine at all, so why was it talking to her. "I don't need your books. Can't you just power down or something until Natashi arrives? I'm not interested in conversing too long with someone I can't trust." She said this in a bland voice, propping her head up on her hand and looking up towards the red moon.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Nodding, Mir accepted Vera's proposal, nothing she could really do about it for now... and really, while Vera's actions still saddened Mir quite a bit, she'd think that it was only natural... "Believe me, I wish I was nothing but nuts and bolts." Mir spoke up, trying to retort Vera's remark. "I know this is... well, nothing but filler to you, but I can't let misconceptions about me show up... sorry if I annoy you but that's just how I am..." Closing her eyes, Mir spoke with an expressionless face next, she wasn't as much annoyed as she was sad. "My thoughts aren't artificial and neither is my intelligence, I have a brain and I can use it." She didn't really think Vera was listening, but she couldn't just... let it go... "I wasn't built like normal, I was changed... my father altered my body... even before I was born, I believe..." Looking down to the side, Mir wasn't really fond of talking about this stuff... well, she'd already started, so she might as well go all out. "I won't deny that most of my body is mechanical... but I can't say my soul isn't real..." Closing her eyes, Mir would stop for now, hoping that she didn't make the girl angry, at least... after all, she wasn't really a threat, any one of the people here could take her on alone... the most she'd do is stay alive for a few minutes and maybe make a small scratch on their skin... even if Vera wouldn't waste her strength with her, she could still have someone else kill her... "Natashi? Who's that?" Mir would give Vera an intrigued expression for a second before shrugging. "Well, whatever, information isn't what I'm after right now... I'm just bored right now... and I'm afraid powering down isn't really something I do... after all, if I cut the power on the Plume of Dusk, I die..." She wasn't willing to admit it, but the thing replacing her heart was really her only source of life... Mir couldn't live without it... grinding her teeth for a short while because of that, Mir turned to Vera again. "I know me being a robot... and my lying that first time really wasn't that good... but I'd like to prove to you that I'm actually what I say I am... though I'm sure right now isn't the best time..." She'd sigh for a moment before looking up again. "After all, it involves me going back to Yoro to give you my blueprints..." Mir'd recall back to her life in Yoro... the only things she did were work and stay home... sighing, Mir stood back up and walked over to her bag, dragging it back to where she was and getting out a few books. "I'll shut up now, then, if you find I'm annoying... I'm not here to be a nuisance, much less a hindrance..." Searching through them, Mir wouldn't really find anything good for her right now... but she'd lay them out on the grass where Vera could see them should she choose to look over at her for even a slight second... they'd each be covered by a different color of case, something that helped Mir remember them better... but, wasn't that what the titles were for...? Regardless, Mir didn't care much for what she did with them... the books weren't particular favorites of hers anyway... so she just waited around... hoping that she could, at least, have some way to make herself trustworthy again...
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:07 am

The violet haired girl would listen to the explanation from this machine, and for once would look away from the doorway. She really didn't say anything, but she simply stared at the machine for a few seconds before closing her eyes. "For a machine, you sure do talk alot, don't you? I can't believe anything you're saying, so you'll just have to prove it. As you can probably tell, I have trust issues. I'm too fickle to just believe what I hear, as my opinion changes at a constant pace. I will say, you're trying very hard to convince me you're not just an average machine. You're either passionate about that, or programmed to be passionate about it." Vera pulled her knees up to her chest and placed her hands on her knee caps. Her violet hair fall over her shoulders and laced her fingers. "Natashi is the man who will clear us of our doubts about you. But here's my question about your circumstances. How do you know all you've told me is the truth? You're a machine, who's to say someone didn't implant these memories in your head? Who's to say that your body isn't deleting memories and replacing them with false memories so that you seem so innocent? Erasing your mind must be the same measure as erasing a super computer. And for that reason, you're extremely difficult to want to be around." Vera spoke with a calm tone, and in the back of her mind she stored the information about this - plume of dusk. She had never heard about it until today.

Standing up from her tree, she'd walk pass the books and directly to Mir. It was abrupt, but she'd grab Mir and move her back into the tree. "Let me see something. If you do anything suspicious, I'll have Kogami or my Persona strike you down." Her round eyes displayed how serious she was as her hand moved to Mir's face and began to brush her cheek. Vera seemed to be examining her skin, tracing it down her neck and then to Mir's chest. "Is there an off switch? Perhaps we could use that against the enemies in this tower. I didn't get to examine the last one I came across. My mind was in a dark place." The thief continued to examine Mir's body, know running her hands over her head and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Mir would look a bit surprised as Vera finally looked over to her, though her words weren't really what she wanted to hear from her regarding what she talked about... "I already told you... I have a br-" Mir would be interrupted by Vera's next point... a clear shocked look on her face. "Th-that... but..." At this moment, Mir would just look to the ground, her face showing a terrified expression as her eyes widened in disbelief. "You mean... that's..." She really couldn't believe it, there really was the possibility of such having happened... who knew? Doctor Laude was a selfish man, who's to say he didn't replace her memories too? "I... I can't deny the possibility..." Looking defeated, Mir let herself be caught by the sudden pull from Vera, not even having the will to fight back at all... though, even if she wanted to, she knew that'd just result in something a lot worse than whatever was about to happen... "Off switch...? I... don't know now... I don't think I have one... but... if I can't even trust my own memories..." With a wry smile, Mir would let a tear drop from her face... of course, she wouldn't admit to it to anyone but Vera, who, if she was that close, could clearly see it. "I'll... I'll let you examine my body..." She'd say this with as weak a voice as she could... "Just... let me down for a second.. I'll take off my suit... I have no more reason to lie anymore... even if I am but a machine..." Though she doubted Vera would accept... She'd wait for Vera's answer... her eyes becoming foggier and foggier... "Why would I do anything suspicious...? If all I am is an AI, then why should I even try...?" Mir would really lose her will for anything right now... "On my back... the zipper." She'd point to her back right above her neck. "You'll be able to examine me in more detail if you take it off instead..." She wouldn't really mind... after all, she was just an AI, right...? Mir's thought process really was broken right now... she couldn't think at all after what Vera said... even not reacting to anything she did to her... Mir was broken right now, even... her meaning to living lost... though... "I still... I still want to live..." With that simple phrase, tears would really start rolling down Mir's face, for none other reason than what she had said there. "Even if these memories really are fake... they're true to me... I believe them with all my being... but now... I can't even say I trust myself anymore..." Mir would simply vent a bit now... Vera would be the only one there to listen, she hoped... "The Plume of Dusk... if you destroy it, the whole Weapon will shut down power... it's in the same position a human heart would be..." Right now, Mir would tell her information... that's really all she could do... "A clean hit through the heart should disable and kill any Weapon..." Mir had stopped crying now... she couldn't even believe her tears were true... she couldn't believe anything she said... "But what do I know...? I'm just a damn machine..." With that little finishing sentence, Mir would stop talking now, letting Vera do what she pleased with her...
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 pm

This machine apparently began to have some sort of break down. Was it a malfunction? Vera couldn't possibly tell as this was not her profession. She wasn't even aware a machine could cry; so it did take her off guard. Infact, Vera felt she was taking advantage of a person, and would release Mir while looking at her. "You're a strange machine. I wasn't aware that machines were capable of having mental breakdowns and crying. But you've told me all I need to know, so there's no need for me to examine you even further. Though, I'll be able to tell if you were lying if we put it to the test on the machines in that tower." Her words seemed unsure, even if the context of the words were so confident. She took this moment to reach into her vest and remove what appeared to be a handkerchief of some sort. Vera looked away from Mir, back towards the entrance of the tower, while extending her hand to the girl as if implying she could have the cloth. "Stop crying. This isn't the time or place, so just stop, okay? You can have this to wipe your tears. If your story checks out, I'll apologize for treating you this way." The violet haired thief gave Mir a nod before heading back over to her tree and taking a seat. She pulled her knees to her chest and placed her chin on her kneecaps while looking towards the entrance. It was taking those users awhile. How could she know if they were all killed in there? Would their dead bodies come back in that flash of light?
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Mir would be a bit relieved to be put down, her tears stopping their flow, at the very least... she didn't really know what to say now... Vera really was the only one who had seen Mir cry like this... for better or for worse, this'd have to be the case for now... "I don't even know... it all feels natural to me..." Adjusting herself, Mir would speak a bit sheepishly at Vera now... she was pretty embarrassed and her face would show it, displaying a bit of an annoyed blush with tears still adorning her eyes... Looking over to Vera as she offered her a handkerchief, Mir could do little more than take it and dry her eyes off, a small sniff being emitted right after. "That was... really all I knew... I can't even trust myself now... I'm the one who should be sorry..." Looking away, Mir would continue putting the small piece of cloth up to her eyes, making it absorb all the water it could. "I... I'm really sorry for lying to you... again..." One last time, Mir would try and apologize to Vera for her first lie. "And... if it turns out you're right about my memories... I'm sorry about that too... it's... it's really what I believe..." She'd stay quiet now before walking over to the same tree Vera was sitting under and sitting down herself on a side where she'd be covered from the general Courtyard space, while still visible to Vera. "Do... do I still have to call you miss instead of your name...?" She'd ask this question not in hopes of a no but expecting a resounding yes... though she really didn't know what to expect... "I'm... I'm just gonna shut up and read now..." It really was unusual for Mir to show this much weakness to a person... it felt as if Vera really did hit her sweet spot with that idea... her memories... could she even trust them now...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this will help? [Vera]   Maybe this will help? [Vera] Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe this will help? [Vera]
Page 1 of 1