Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Pong or Uno? (Grant)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

Pong or Uno? (Grant) Empty
PostSubject: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Naomi stared with suspicion at the new look the portals around San Malarus had. She wondered if she were to stick her hand through them, if she would get wet or if it would only affect her if she went through them. Either way, she had brought her rain coat and umbrella with her, since she was going through no matter what. She wanted to talk to someone she hadn’t seen in a while and the only place she could see them was there. She would step onto the paint splotch looking portal and find herself surrounded by the rain of the alternate San Malarus. She opened her umbrella and raised it over her head as her other hand reached to pull out her tablet. She smiled as she saw the icon of the woman that now had a place there. Tapping the image, she would smile as she spoke, “Hello, Beep. It’s been a while since we spoke. How have you been? Oh wait, first I should ask if you can even see me.” She had put the tablet in a clear plastic bag in order to keep it dry, so her face could be distorted from the camera’s point of view. If that was the case, Beep might not even know who she was speaking to. If Beep seemed to have any trouble identifying her, Naomi would just tell her who she was speaking to. After that she would ask a sort of strange question, “Hey, Beep, can you play games?” If she said no, Naomi would drop the topic. If she said yes, she would ask what kind of games Beep liked.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 am

Pong or Uno? (Grant) Tumblr_n7ovqkz4d91sr5v57o1_400

“Outsider Naomi! Hi!” Beep 2.0 shouted through the tablet speaker as she appeared to rush towards the screen and smooshed her face to it. “What? Is there a bag in front of it? I can see a weird plastic Naomi…but what do you need? I can play games if you want. You came all this way for me? Don’t you have a home to go to and turn me on..?.....” she said, before hitting herself in the head, taking a moment to realize what she just said, and then turned pink for a brief moment. “Oopsies! Not what I meant! Gosh, I try to match people! Does that mean you have weird moments tooooo?”
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:41 am

Naomi would get a big smile across her face when she saw Beep appear on her tablet screen, “Sorry about that. It’s raining out here, so I didn’t want you to get wet.” She realized how stupid that sounded as soon as she said it, “You can’t get wet, can you?” She would laugh at herself, regardless of if the answer was yes or not, “Sorry. I sometimes ask really stupid questions that I should already know the answer to.” When Beep asked what she wanted, she would shrug, “I wanted to speak with you, Beep. Well, mostly just play a game with you, because Beep seems like she spends all day helping people and I wanted to see if there was something she wanted to do to relax.” Naomi couldn’t imagine having to be there for everyone whenever they called on her. She actually admired Beep for that, even if she was programmed to do that, “I do have a home. Well, I do and I don’t. It’s complicated.” Her last sentence would trail off as she thought about it. She had one back in her world, but she was a stranger to this world, so she didn’t have a home here, “But I do have my weird moments, and I embrace all of them. I think everyone has their weird moments.” She would look away while she thought about something Beep said, “What do you mean you try to match people?” She hadn’t heard that kind of thing before.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:29 am

“I can get wet!...I think! Maybe! I dunno!” she shouted, twirling on screen. “I don’t think you’re stupid. I think you’re funny! You’re like me! But I talk to a bunch of different people at once! So I try to be like them so it’s easier to talk to them you know? Just like you! I can play games too! Watch!” she said, as she went into an app center and decided to turn on a game of solitare. “This one is famous. But don’t you have a place to go to? Are you homeless!? That’s not good at all and you know it!” she said scrunching her cheeks together with her hands. “You’re so weird. You haven’t been here in a while. Where have you been Naomi? Is there anything you need?” she said in a child-like manner, tilting her head to the left and right like she was watching something in her direction sway.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:04 am

“Well, I’m not going to test if you can or not. That would be pretty dangerous if the water made you short out or something.” She didn’t want Beep getting hurt. She would tilt her head slightly when Beep mentioned trying to be like them so they were easier to talk to, “I can understand why that may be easier, but don’t you want to be Beep? I mean, shouldn’t you be you so people can get to know you and like you?” She liked Beep as she was, but she also didn’t know if this Beep was the real one. She did mention that they were alike, so she could guess this was similar to Beep’s real personality, “I mean, don’t you want friends that like the real Beep for who she is?” She felt like she was asking something weird again, considering Beep was similar to an app. That made her almost laugh when the blue haired girl opened a game of solitaire, “That is a pretty famous game, but I think it’s rigged to be unwinnable. You basically have to luck out with what order the cards come up.” She knew from her many hours of trying to beat the game, but failing, “Also, be careful what you open, okay? I have things in her that are precious to me that are for my eyes only.” She hoped Beep would remember some of the conversation they had last time.

Naomi would get a smile of pride when Beep mentioned that she was weird, “Thank you. I find it to be one of the greatest compliments to say I’m weird. That means you notice that I’m my own person.” She liked being weird by other people’s standards. It made her feel special, “I’m not homeless. I just don’t really have one, but I kind of do. I’m visiting, remember?” She was an outsider to Beep, so that was the only way she knew how to describe it, “Don’t worry. I’ve been fine, and I’ve been having fun here. You were right. This place is amazing. I even checked out that club you told me about.” She didn’t know why, but Beep was really easy to talk to, and it made her smile, “I don’t really need anything. I just wanted to talk with you, and thank you for the help you gave me last time. It isn’t so scary to be in a new place when someone is helping you.”
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Pong or Uno? (Grant) Tumblr_n3xiabsSWS1r90eroo2_250

“But then I could swim! Wouldn’t that be fun?” she asked. She poked around the screen of her tablet, opening up various windows but not really paying attention, like she was causing a bit of trouble or looking for something, though nothing personal of Naomi’s would pop up, she wasn’t looking into any of her things. She then tossed her hand and with it, the windows would be gone again. She gave Naomi a confused look. “But I am Beep! Beep 2.0! I am always me when with others. I have many “me”s so to speak. But I don’t want people to like me yet. I want people to think I am good and useful! Then they can like me! It’s so cool,” she said, scratching her head and looking away from Naomi. “Did you like the club? Were there a lot of fun things?” she asked. She turned around to Naomi, flickering and spinning in place for a moment. “So where do you come from? Is there a place outside San Malarus here? I don’t even think my creators told me about that. Tell me about where you come from and we are even!” she said with a mischievous smile, and sticking her tongue out at Naomi. She seemed more curious than anything, and who wouldn’t be, with someone with that outfit and not registered in the population? "Or are you sure you don't need help?"
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:22 am

She would laugh when Beep mentioned swimming, “Swimming is only fun when it doesn’t rain all the time.” She would point to the sky to make her point, “When it rains this much, I’m surprised the streets aren’t flooding.” She had couldn’t believe a lot of things in this world. It was like a fantasy that was stuck in the climax of the end of the second act. Naomi’s eyes would widen when the blue haired girl started opening up random things on her tablet, “Beep. You need to ask for permission before opening things.” Her tone would stay calm, as if speaking to a child. That’s how Beep came across, at least. She also couldn’t bring herself to yell after what happened last time.

She was taken aback when the conversation turn to how the AI didn’t want people to like her yet, “Why not?” Naomi would actually look sad for a moment, “I like Beep because Beep is nice and fun. You’re very special. You are also helpful, but I like you for reasons beside that.” She would have pet Beep’s head, but she couldn’t, “But the club was fun. I’ve never really had a drink like that before though. It was bit strong.” She couldn’t tell Beep where she came from though, so she thought of a plan, “How about this. One day I’ll show you my home. That would be even better, right?” She would give the AI a smile, “I want to be friends with Beep, so that means sharing with Beep.” She really did like Beep, and she wished that someday they really could be close enough for her to get glimpses of her home. Very small glimpses though. Nothing that would expose it as an alternate world.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 pm

“We have plenty of drains! It just started raining a lot since the bad event!” she said. She giggled when Naomi told her to not open anything of hers. “It’s okay! I didn’t look, I promise.” She laid down and flipped her legs back and forth as she looked at Naomi. “I know about old Beep, and I don’t want to end up like her. It’s so sad to see a new idea fail like that. So I gotta surpass them well,” she said doing a front flip. Naomi was asking a lot of odd questions. People normally didn’t give her much thought regarding it save for some, but here this girl was asking so much. She was genuinely interested? Neat! “That’d be fun to see your home! Do you have parents to talk to? What is your home like?” she asked. It was both part of her protocol to try and make people feel comfortable, but Beep in her nature matching Naomi, she was still enjoying herself questioning a human who didn’t seem to mind. New information to process! This may help.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 am

When Beep mentioned a bad event, Naomi would try to remember the timeline she had seen before, “Are you talking about the Dark Night Massacre?” There were a lot of bad events, but that seemed like an AI would think it was the worst. It could also refer to one of the many other events, but she was taking a stab in the dark on this one. Her eyes would soften when old Beep was mentioned, “I don’t want that to happen either. I like you, Beep. I would be sad if you suddenly disappeared.” Even if Beep was supposedly nothing more than an AI, she had shown a personality that set her apart from others. Naomi liked that about her. She was fun and bubbly, “I have a mother. She’s really nice, a bit strict sometimes, but I love her. I can’t imagine what I would do without her.” She would smile as she thought about her mother, “It’s a pretty hectic life, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’ve had a better life than most people, all things considered.” Despite the things that didn’t go right, “Do you have anyone you consider close?” She didn’t know how Beep may think of family.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 11:47 pm

“Maybe…? I dunno actually when it started to rain. Probably then, everyone associates rain with the other bad event…” she said, scratching her head, making a less-inspired twirl while thinking to herself. “I don’t want to disappear. That’d make me so sad.” She stayed silent as she nodded when Naomi told her about her family. “Everyone is close to me. They are people to help! Well, there is actually-“ she suddenly was cut off by static and a slight lag in output. A problem in wifi perhaps? “But I have everyone to talk to! Even you Naomi! I like you! It’s very fun to talk to you!”
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 1:03 am

The other bad event must have been the Red Storm. Naomi remembered seeing that clearly, since she was so afraid of having Intertwined come out in this world. It was the reason she didn’t want any of her companions coming here until she could figure out just how safe it was for them here. She would give Beep a small, sad smile when she mentioned disappearing, “I won’t let you disappear. I promise.” She didn’t want to lose Beep. She felt closer to the blue haired girl more than she probably should have.

Naomi would have to do a double take when Beep lagged and dissolved into static for a moment, “Beep, can you feel when that happens?” She wondered if it was like a cold for her. She knew it wasn’t an issue on her end, since her connection was supernatural in origin. Unless the great unknown could mess up like that, there was definitely something wrong with Beep. Actually, it reminded her of that thing that was happening with the news when they were trying to get Lewis’ name from Rinna. Could this be part of the same phenomena? She could explain why some people were affected by this thing. Not only that, Beep had also lagged last time they met. It seemed that certain things caused that to happen, “Maybe you could tell me more about them. If they are someone so close to you, they must be special.” She was both interested in Beep’s special person and why she couldn’t hear their name, “How did you meet? Are they your creator?” She had to guess at this point.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm

She seemed to look relieved when Naomi said she’d take care of her. It was neat to see an outsider take such a liking to her. It made her feel a little similar, even beyond what her programming requires. When Naomi asked about who she was referring to earlier, Beep looked a bit confused. “I can’t find the requested file you seek…maybe I just forgot it? I can’t remember anything about it though! But I know it happens. What do I do? Am I glitching? I don’t want to crash!” she said flailing her arms in childish panic. Going away sounded so scary! Seemingly at once, she turned into an icon abut thumb size, but this time it had a frown face instead of a smile. If it wasn’t so sad, it’d look extremely cute. She didn’t seem to move, but she was able to be accessed if Naomi decided to touch the icon.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Naomi felt guilty for making Beep panic like that. She would gently tap the icon to pull Beep back up. If the AI came back, she would look at her with gentle eyes, “Don’t worry. Nothing is wrong with you. Like I said, I won’t let you disappear.” She hugged the tablet so that it would be like hugging Beep, “You’re fine, I promise, so please don’t be sad.” If Beep accepted her words or not, Naomi would close the program immediately afterward. She needed to get home, but she wanted to make sure Beep was alright first. She wished she hadn't dug into the poor AI’s life. With a heavy sigh, she would head back through the new portal and return to her own world.

{EXIT}
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 am

The icon seemed to smile a bit when Naomi reassured her before leaving. Though the icon itself would vanish from her tablet when she left this world to return to her own.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 am

Beep 2.0 and Naomi's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pong or Uno? (Grant)   Pong or Uno? (Grant) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pong or Uno? (Grant)
Page 1 of 1