Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:57 am

“Cool trick, where did you learn how to do that? It looked like something you would see out of a detective movie, have you ever seen that series called “True Detective” on Netflix? Good stuff….” Hyde would say as he examined the name and paused for a bit. “You know what else is coincidental? The fact that the name Rhodes is the same last name as the top teacher in the school. Ariston Rhodes, that guy is a celebrity among the faculty. They always talk about him when I get set on errands that involve me to go to the teachers’ lounge; it’s like gossip central about Justin Timberlake or something. I mean, unless we can say that these two are related or that Mr. Rhodes has a brother, I don’t think we can simply pinpoint the two together just yet. I mean, that’s what google is for, so I’m sure that something would show up. If it didn’t, we have a name at least, and that could also rule out a possibility, still leaves the motive unchecked. “ Hyde would say this as he rubs his temples, critical thinking could be a challenge sometimes. “Though, Shun. What I’m about to ask you right now is a very serious question….”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:23 pm

...that's all you have to say after I give you our culprit's name? Oh gee. — And it was truth. Hyde's reaction wasn't all that disappointing, though, since he, in a way, congratulated Shun for his efforts, which wasn't that bad. Just not enough to prevent the teenager from feeling truly appreciated.
After listening to what Hyde said, he couldn't help but to think that theory was a bit fanciful. Sure, they shared the same surname, but that doesn't necessarily mean both the teacher and the criminal are somehow related by blood. At least he wouldn't like for a single bit to be immediately linked to an abductor whose surname happens to be Kurosawa as well. Besides, there's always the possibility of they aren't even known by each other, assuming they share the same big family and are distant relatives. On the other hand, it's not like Azores is that big of an archipelago, in first place, so Hyde might have his share of reasoning in it. Still, there's no point in worrying about the teacher's participation. — Hm? What is it? — He glanced at Hyde, looking kind of surprised and a bit anxious at the sudden direction the conversation went to.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 pm

“The wheels of fate are turning, and our lives are forever changed due to the fact of us having a persona. This entails for us to be left with a responsibility as users of this power, but it’s our own choice to get involved in this spiritual mess that it brings. We all have our own reasons of wanting to fight, and I have plenty of my own.  Trying to avoid the fate of this place that Ueitawa once suffered with the red quarantines. Protecting the people that I care about, and just for the sake of doing something. When you see something so horrible, like a little girl being separated from her family, and with the chance that it could be that same criminal that caused this….” Hyde was then quiet for a moment. “It makes me want to do something about it, because I can. For once in my life I’m not powerless, and we don’t have to rely of the sayings of”That’s life” and stuff like that, the kind of words that practically accepts every black flag thrown at us, almost  as if we given up before we tried. That’s not what it means to be young….” Hyde then cuts himself off, noticing that he talked for a while. “Well, like I said, I have my reasons as to why I’m doing this. The danger is real, and you don’t have to get involved. This was a really tender moment for Hyde, but he didnt really know why. It's like he wanted Shun to get involved, but he didnt. It was really strange. " I'm not making any sense am i?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 pm

For quite some time, Shun would just...stand there, in stillness, with a blank expression after Hyde's speech. It's not like he didn't understand what he meant — he did. Mainly the part of taking the wheel and being the owner of your own destiny, that's something he could relate to, due to his troubled relationship with his family. It's just the way Hyde said it was plain disturbing, like that crucial moment where you have to make a single decision that has a potential to change your whole life. He wasn't naive to not know where Hyde's coming from, but the redhead's intonation made it seem like, once you settle your mind, there's no turning back, and Shunnosuke sure didn't feel like being pushed to make a decision this size. Not yet.

For once, you are. It's just... — He replied, not sure if it was a good bet to go forward with that conversation. His eyes went from his hands to his classmate's face. — Be clear about it. Do you want me to back off?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 am

“No that’s not what I’m saying at all. Of course you can, no one is forcing you to do anything at all. I mean, I’d like it if you was there. You could be a big help, and I could always appreciate the presence of someone…. Who can tolerate me. I guess that’s a way to put it.” Hyde would say quietly. “No pressure, you are free to do whatever you want. That’s what life is, it’s full of choices.”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:17 am

Oh. Is that so? Won't you even offer resistance? — He narrowed his gaze towards Hyde, a bit skeptical and portraying a stern, doubtful face. He wasn't expecting the redhead to be so straightforward about it, but somehow it evoked in him sort of a happy feeling, the same kind of emotion who made a self-centered smirk bloom at the corner of his lips. — I'm staying, then. After all, you clearly need me. How come you and your friends were not able to solve an anagram that easy? Thanks to moi we at least have the culprit's name. — Of course, he would take pride on his little achievement, even if it were anything that elaborate to see through.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:43 am

“Yes detective Shun, it’s all thanks to you and your fabulous glory. “ Hyde would say with a small smirk. “Anyway, did you get a hang of your powers yet? I wouldn’t mind sparring with you if you need the practice, there might be plenty of situations that puts you in the front row or the back seat, so it’s good to be versatile. It’s also good to have a specialty, I mean; we should get a handle on what we can and can’t do. My powers are also going through somewhat of a change, but it’s nothing that I can explain right now, but I need the practice.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 am

Hm...actually, no. This whole thing is something I'm still trying to understand right. That's why I invited you to come here. — He pushed the papers he let on the table at Hyde's direction. They weren't too many, and there were mostly articles describing what is a Persona according to the psychology, the obvious influence of Carl Jung, extensive texts about true/false selves and explaining it with some degree of detail that wouldn't allow a very enjoyable reading, in first place. The lack of images would pose as a problem for those not too inclined for that task, and the complexity of the subject itself could also be discouraging for many. He could only hope it wasn't Hyde's case to be the lazy type for intellectual activities. — I remember hearing a voice there...it said we have a God or Devil inside ourselves. A "Persona". I don't know which one is mine, but I did some research on my own. Take a look. — He concluded, his expectation eyes flickering with anxiety as he waited for Hyde to check on the papers.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Hyde checked the papers and looked carefully; it had a very detailed history about a goddess named Andromeda. “Andromeda was the daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopeia, king and queen of the North African kingdom of Aethiopia. Sounds like a god to me, anything involving Greek gods kind of turn towards the god side. Unless they were titans, then it’s a different story.” Hyde read the papers a little bit more and nodded his head. “Andromeda, that’s a nice name. I never really did any research into my persona.  The information simply came with the package, and it’s not like the persona is void of any personality. It talked to us before, I’m pretty sure that it will talk to you again. Mine does, in fact, I’m going to let you in on a little trick. “ Hyde would say with a small smirk. “Did you know that you could puppeteer your persona to speak for you? It’s all the words you would have said, but it’ll be coming out of your persona’s mouth and using its voice. It might be useful so you should definitely keep that at the back of your head.  “ Hyde would say this as he sat back a little bit. “So, what do you think your next moves should be? Or, what do you think would be the best thing to focus on at a time like this?”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Hyde focused on Andromeda's history. Okay, it's part of the deal, but it wasn't what he wanted him to notice in first place. Once again, he's proven right that the redhead is much of an airhead to not realize the whole true self/false self subject was the real deal, along with Carl Jung's analytical psychology thesis on the matter. He expected to have an uplifting conversation about the inner selves, in hopes that knowledge could be valuable for their understanding of what they're dealing with, but...talk about being disappointed. It seemed that Hyde's cognition about what they've been through was mostly empiric, while Shunnosuke was looking for a theoretic discussion to know where they've been stepping onto. Well, any knowledge is knowledge, and perhaps that puppet tip could be useful...someday....maybe?

I...am not sure. — He said, after Hyde's questioning. — Okay, I received this sort of "power" and all, but what I am supposed to do with that? Look for the missing girls or the kidnapper? Did you try to contact the police about it? — Shunnosuke's asking had a reason. Not only he wanted to know if he had an extremely bad luck dealing with cops or if they're really useless in this case, but he didn't really want to directly play superhero. He never did it when he was younger, and wouldn't do it now he's older.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:22 pm

”The police? That’s definitely something we can do, but the whole supernatural side of things really falls into it. That could definitely backlash us if we aren’t too careful, and believability is another issue. Maybe there is this one police officer that seems cool, but I doubt he would believe anything I say about this. As for your powers, there isn’t any quota that you have to fill. You can use your powers how you please. They are yours, and the growth of your abilities does depend on some things, but I can’t explain that fully. Maybe getting stronger in our cases does involve well…getting involved with other people. As for the rescues mission, the me and the group that I’m in could really use your help in finding lune. We are planning to set up something soon, very soon. Your sharp thinking is something I honestly lack, and I honestly trust you. And that is also a choice if you wish to help, but I really wish you would. “ Hyde would say earnestly as he awaited Shuns answer
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Hyde only confirmed what he already knew by experience. He wouldn't tell Hyde, though, how humiliating that event; even more humiliating would be put yourself in such situation in first place and speak about it. Somethings are better to be forgotten.

...Oh, Lord. You should love me less, you know. — Shun said, shaking his head in a reprobate manner, with a somewhat disdainful chuckle. Of course, his tone wasn't any serious in first place, but in all honesty, he didn't know how to react to Hyde's displays of affection. He was feeling a bit uncomfortable with that sort of unilateral empathy, but on the other hand, the massage on his ego would be very much appreciated. Well...maybe Hyde wasn't that bad. And if he was cherished that way, it would only make it hard for Shunnosuke to turn up his nose on him. — Just let me know when and where.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:59 am

“If I loved you any less, it wouldn’t be a genuine. As a matter of fact, loving you any less would be considered as inadequate, wouldn’t you agree? What’s not to love about you? “Hyde would say with a silly smile, he was glad to have Shun onboard, even if it was just for a little bit. The more the merrier, and he wasn’t sure what those shadows had in store for the future, it’s good to know that there were more people like him that had the ability to fight. Just as important as the ability is, it’s also important to have the will. “I’ll let you know when we are going, and ill briefly mention it to my group that we will be getting a pair of hands. A pair of professionally pedicured, Paris Amour smelling hands. I mean, it’s not weird that I know what Paris Amour is, I see the commercials all the time. "
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:11 pm

...Wow.
Wooow.
Shun didn't anticipate that kind of answer. Of course he was joking when he said "love me less", simply because he wasn't expecting Hyde would really say such things with no hesitation. His sentence was more like a provocation grounding his superiority complex, rather than a simple bait for a confession. He wasn't the type to be embarrassed over such things and while in normal conditions he would smile confidently and talk down to his admirer, this time the teenager had no proper reaction. Past that initial surprise that'd let him blinking at Hyde, speechless for quite some time, he smiled — not his usual smile, but just an...uncomfortable one that even the redhead's joke about Paris Amour didn't soften. Again, he'd find that comment at least a bit funny, if it weren't for Hyde's previous statement.

No, it is not... Err, I guess I must go now, my family is probably waiting for me. — Shun would say while standing up from his chair, laughing somewhat abashedly and immediately holding his briefcase. — Thanks for coming, anyway. It was really...enlightening.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm

“Alright, try to get home safely then. I’ll be sure to keep in contact, so try to plan ahead and have anything that you think you might need. I’ll tell Sharaku that were the same in quotation marks so he could be up to speed. Ill also tell my other two members, I wouldn’t want to make you a surprise. Tell your group that got their powers with you about me and the fact that there was a similar situation that happened to other people. It might just not be us either; this criminal guy could be intentionally doing things for us to get these abilities. I mean, how could all of this be so coincidental right?” Hyde was quiet for a moment, but he noticed that shun had to go. “ Thanks for wanting to talk to me today, and try to get a good night’s rest. “ Hyde would say with a thumbs up as he begins to walk home back to the boys dorm. That was an interesting talk; he didn’t now that this awakening business was happening to other people. After taking out his cellphone, he starts to text Sharaku, Naomi, and Alphonse.

“Shun has a persona, and it seems that the criminal had some involvement with shun and the other people that shun was with to get their persona’s. I’m just not too sure why this man’s involvement has this kind of chain reaction. It happened in the Rocky caverns, I been there before but I didn’t sense anything strange. Is it worth investigating? P.S , I invited Shun to help us with rescuing Lune, I trust him and we could really use the extra pair of hands.

After that, Hyde went on his way

-Exit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]   Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting at the Library, Part II [Hyde]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next