Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chance

Chance

The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] Empty
PostSubject: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:07 am

The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] Fb3f35be7811fdef496f35cb7075f219_480

A tower of books moved behind the shelves of the library as if they had a mind of their own. The bobbed up and down, left and right, and even appeared as if they'd topple every now again. Slowly they made their way through the small corridors between the shelves before reaching a table and being sat down with a soft thud. Once this was done, a slender person would walk from behind the books and give a breath while patting their hands together. "Perhaps if I had Elizabeth-Nee-san's strength, this wouldn't have been such an ordeal. But what's done is done." Chance's yellow eyes looked over at the books and s/he gave a smile. "Round up the usual suspects. Who would think one of these "Student Libraries" would have such an abundance of information. Is there such thing as "Teacher Libraries" or even "Janitorial Libraries"? I am intrigued." The shorter student would move a strand of hair behind a ear before looking back towards the shelves. There was one last book to obtain, but being only 5'4 had its disadvantages. You were rather short compared to many others, and thus reaching this book would be an issue. And surely Chance could not use the power of wind to suddenly fly and grasp the book, so s/he would need to do this the hard way.

Standing on their tippy toes, the Attendant would grasp the shelf with one hand while using the other to stretch up and try to grab the book. Sadly, there was no luck to this. It was simply out of reach, and that was that... The look of a pout was on their face as they placed their hands on their hip. "This presents quite the issue. Quite the issue indeed."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:24 am

As I enter the Library, I see this girl trying to grab a book high up on a shelf. I have never seen her around here before. Could she be a new transfer student perhaps? Or she could just be some student i've just never seen before. Regardless, she looks troubled. I'm gonna help her out. "Uh, You need help with that? Here." I grab the book, and give it to the stranger. "I've never seen you around here before... Are you new here? I'm Edogawa Kei. Nice to meet you miss...?" I stretch out my hand. I dunno why, but there's something strange about this girl.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:56 am

Chance received the book and held it over his/her head with glee. "I've always relied on the kindness of strangers." He/She looked at the male with round yellow eyes and a tilted head. "Miss? Am I new?" S/he repeated the questions as if thinking. Bringing a small balled fist before his/her lips, they'd clear their throat and speak. "I am Chance! My favorite color is blue, I enjoy shiny boxes that show people, and my Master has a very long nose!" S/he recited this as if s/he had been practicing in the mirror beforehand. Extending his/her hand, s/he'd shake and give a nod. "I must say, I am grateful you have.. apprehended.." She was having trouble with the correct words. "..this book for me. It is very important for my research." Carrying the book back to the table that held the leaning tower of books, Chance placed it on the table top and took a seat. The wonders of the world was before him/her, and they could hardly wait to dig in. S/he believed Margaret-Nee-san would tell him/her to pace and take their time reading. So taking a deep breath, Chance would open the first page with a sparkle in their eyes. "This is quite enjoyable. I wonder if this "Literature Club" does this daily? Oh, how I wonder indeed."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Chance...? There sure was something strange about this girl... but upon getting closer, it was kind of difficult to place a gender on "her". For the sake for simplicity, I'm just going to refer to this chance as a "she", as it was my first assumption. And although her name was weird, they way she talked sounded off too. I 'apprehended' a book to her? It wouldn't be so strange if it wasn't for the fact that she had no trouble speaking otherwise. And who is this "Master"? "Shiny boxes that show people"... What? This "Chance" is certainly a "interesting" person to say the least. "Yeah, they read books, and review them to the other members after they finished a book. At least, that's what they did at my old school." I look at the towers of books on the table, before turning back to Chance. "You are not from here, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:53 pm

"Old school? Oh my, I know what Old School is! I've seen it on the shiny box. You look rather young to be Old School. Is there no implementation on age when becoming Old School? Intriguing. I too, wish to become this, Old School." Chance had misunderstood him completely. S/he truly believed old school meant the phrase used by people when referring to events or days of the past. Not an actual school that he once went too. When he asked another question, Chance flipped the page of their book while shaking their head. "You could say that. My home consists of wonderful blue lights, velvet decorations, and many siblings. Also my Master. It's quite different from the world you all live in. I am quite ecstatic to learn more." The blue haired 'student' flipped another page while looking at the numerous words overcrowding the literature before him/her.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 3:40 pm

"Uuuh, that's not what I meant... I did actually referring to the school I used to go to prior to coming to Zela Academy. You sure are odd." I quickly add: "Not that there's anything wrong with that! It's charming in a way!" Okaaay... Why did I just blurt that out... Great job, Kei... You just met him/her... I feel my cheeks getting warm. You are not even sure of the gender yet, come on man! Get your head straight!
Oh... Shiny box... I get it. It's the TV. Ah... But what does she mean by "It's quite different from the world you all live in"? Chance confuses me, but I'm eager to learn more about him/her. So I follow up with a different question entirely. "So, why are you here. Just to read books or... something else?"
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:52 pm

"Odd is charming? I've never heard of such a comparison before. And this charming is a spell correct? I believe it brainwashes your enemies to support you. My, have I charmed you right now? Oh dear, I hope your charm ailment wears off soon! I believe you're even turning red!" Chance moved a strand of hair behind their ear while looking at the male with round yellow eyes. S/he was truly complexed on the situation. Was it possible to charm someone even without calling his/her persona forth? Oh my, s/he'd have to be more careful! Before they could contemplate further, another question was fired off. "I am here to learn. As you see beside me..." Chance showed him the tower of books. "I am rather eager to learn all I can about this strange world. I am fascinated! May I ask why you're so curious in my purpose here? I am another student, just like the others, ...I think?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:20 pm

"Eh... I-It's more or less the fact that I'm new here myself and I w-wanna make friends. You seemed nice enough." I dunno why I'm so nervous. Straighten up willya!? "A-and waddaya mean 'Ailment'? What are you talking about? My face is really red now, isn't it...?" I look down on my lap, trying to evade eye contact. Why is this flustering me so? Yes, Chance is cute, so what? You've talked to cute girls that you were interested in before this without being this flustered, Man Up! "You wanna learn about our world? Sure, books can get you alot of information, but it really pales in comparison to exploring, and doing things with others. You learn so much more by doing things, but reading is a good place to start. I-is there anything, anything at all which you wanna know more about in our 'World'?" I look up again. "I'm still blushing, ain't I?"
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:14 am

"Friends? Ah, this is what friends do, yes? They converse even in an area that demands silence? How strange. This must be the procedure used by my guests to create bonds, or in other words Social Links." Chance tilted their head and placed a finger on the tip of their nose in thought. The thought was brief was the young male spoke of their face still being red. Chance would look and blink their eyes in confusion. "Oh my, perhaps this isn't a charmed ailment. You may wish to find the nearest doctor so they may diagnose your current ailment. Sadly, I am not one of that profession. Though the thought of wearing the gear and doing very important operations does intrigue me. Perhaps I'll read up on this next." The once called Attendant would nod their head while looking back towards the pages of the book. The young male added another note, saying it was better to explore the world than read it on the pages of a book. Chance knew this was true, but you needed to start somewhere. For someone like him/her, jumping head first into a world you did not know much of was exciting, but also overwhelming. S/he wished to know alittle before experiencing things first hand. When he offered to tell him/her more of the world, Chance looked up and tilted their head. Before they could ask, he spoke more about blushing. Was that what he was currently doing?

"Blushing? The act of one's face becoming red through emotional stress or embarrassment? Are you currently stressed or embarrassed right now? Is it because of me? I apologize, perhaps I am too abnormal to be here in this... school?" Chance closed his/her book and looked at the other students around. Was s/he so different compared to everyone else to embarrass someone just speaking to them? What a strange world this was.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:49 am

"Your Guests...?" What on earth was s/he talking about...? What kind of guests were we talking about here, and what is a "Social Link"... On second thought I think I know what that is. "I'm just a little... okay maybe not just a little... Flustered." Has s/he never seen anyone blush before? That would certainly explain a thing or two.

"And there's no need to apologize to me. I like you. Sure, you're different, yes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing." Now that's a little better. Stop being awkward. I dunno why s/he is so strange. It's like she's never been in our world before... Maybe s/he was isolated from society before this? Nah... Things like that almost never happen. I want to learn more about this Chance. I'm just as curious about Chance as s/he is about this world.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much. If anyone ever makes fun of you for being different, just ignore them. So what if you are different, we all are. There is no such thing as normal, as everyone has their quirks and flaws. Me, for example, I enjoy making sushi. In fact, I had some for lunch today. I used to get bullied for that when I was a little kid, wanting to become a chef. It got to me at first, and I used to get really down about it. I eventually learned that ignoring them was the best way to make them stop. If you stop reacting to their taunts and bad words, they will get bored and stop." I suprised myself there... I never thought I would tell anyone about that besides my closest friends, yet here I am, saying this to a complete stranger. I guess I'm that comfortable around him/her. "So, what are you reading?"
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Chance tilted their head and blink a number of times, registering the data. "Sushi? Sushi, as fish prepared seaweed and sometimes even rice? Oh, that's very intriguing! I've been to a sushi restaurant once with someone important to me. He also used to be a chef aswell. That is astounding. I must ask, do you also enjoy swordsmanship? This guest of mine was a Sushi Chef just to practice his blade work, but now thinking about it I don't think he really enjoyed the work too much. Hahah..." Of course s/he was speaking of their very first guest. Though his name would not be said here, as his journey ended a long time ago. Instead, Chance would look towards the book the male asked about, and s/he'd tilt her head. "Oh this? This book details what this strange phenomenon called "Crop Circles" is! I saw it on the shiny box! Weird creepy beings from another planet stealing cattle and destroying crops with light green rays! Pew pew pew!" Chance covered his/her eyes and swayed back and forth. "I believe it may be involved with those missing persons. Though that is just a hunch, as I'm sure the Shadows are behind it. But wouldn't it be exciting to meet space Aliens? I bet they'd have all the information on the world. Beheheh..." Chance giggled bashfully before standing from their seat. "Sitting here and reading will not give me all the answers I seek. But I just had an epihany. If I take books to go, I can read and experience at the same time. Interesting.. Very interesting. I am rather excited now!" People turned and shushed the enthusiastic Attendant, and in response s/he'd rustle the bow in their hair and bow in sorrow. "I apologize."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 pm

"I used to be part of a kendo team a while back. It's very much like swordsmanship, Except you use these wooden swords called bokken. It's a ton of fun. I participated once in the Youths National Championships. I didn't win sadly... I got pretty far though. Among the top 16, so It's nothing to scoff at. I don't mention that too much though, as I don't wanna come off as a Braggard." Hrm... Funny how things happen... S/he's met someone else that has practiced swordplay and worked as a Sushi Chef? The world is indeed tiny sometimes. "Missing persons? Shadows? What are you on about?" I scratch the back of my head. "Sure, seeing aliens would be cool. That would certainly be a story worth telling ones grand children about."

Wait... Did s/he just say that s/he's gonna take the books with him/her and do stuff while reading? That's dangerous! "You're leaving? Then let me help you with those books. I'll take a stack, and you take the other, kay?" S/he doesn't think ahead too much, I gather... How did s/he expect to carry all these books by him/herself?
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:04 am

Chance shook his/her head at the fellow student while placing on book beneath his/her arm pit and carrying the others with both hands. "That is quite alright. These books will not overwhelm me in strength. Plus, speaking at school would be safer for you, as I have a very dangerous lifestyle." The Attendant looked at the young man and gave a smile. "It was a pleasure to meet you. If you ever wish to speak with me again, or you are looking for any information, you will surely be able to find me with the literature club, Edogawa-san." S/he'd give one last smile before walking up to the counter to check out the books. The librarian gave him/her a confused smile, but would allow him/her to check them out on behalf of the literature club. With a small jig back and forth, Chance celebrated before taking his/her bounty and leaving the library like an excited child.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 am

"It was a pleasure meeting you too, Chance-san. I'm sure we'll meet again someday." I smile as Chance leaves with the books. S/he surely is interesting. Confusing, sure, but interesting nontheless. But what did s/he mean with that s/he has a 'Dangerous Lifestyle'? Regardless, this meeting have been very rewarding on it's own. I made a mental note to visit, if not join, the literature club myself. I enjoy reading a good book from time to time. As I exit the Library, I smile towards Chance and wave goodbye. It's time to go home...

~Exit...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]   The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Prince of Data ~Chance Time~ [2 max]
Page 1 of 1