Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?

Go down 
+3
Chance
Mayu-chan
Jerry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:18 am

Everyone that watches Anime or Reads manga has that 1 Gateway manga/anime that got them into the medium. I was just curious to see what you guy's gateway animes/mangas were. And to satiate my curiosity, I made this post (^w^).

So... What was my 'Gateway' anime/manga then? I would say it was Naruto... But all that series did was introducing me to the big three... Nothing more. I started reading the swedish translated version of Case Closed after I got the first 4 volumes as a birthday present. That was truly the manga which REALLY, and i do emphasize REALLY, got me into other manga and anime after I stopped reading it about 40+ volumes in (The same happened to Naruto and One Piece, there was simply no end in sight for those two.). After that i started reading One Piece and .Hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet (I think that's what it's called >.<)

Then, I started watching anime, the first one in form of Black Lagoon... On swedish television, un-dubbed. I kindof haphazardly jumped into it right in the beginning of the Second Barrage when the creeper twins story arc begins, so I didn't get much. I have rewatched the entire thing recently, and it's still one of my top 10 animes to this day. After that, fortunatley enough for me, I finished the Original Black Lagoon as Season three, Roberta's Blood Trail was released. Did I watch it? You can bet your ass I did...

Then I jumped on the Hype train that was Attack On Titan... NOW HERE'S WHERE THINGS GOT INTERESTING! Sure, I have watched other really good animes before rewatching Black Lagoon, Such as Angel Beats, Fate/Zero (Go watch that one now!), MM (Don't watch that one unless you really wanna get mind-fucked and go "WTF Japan?!" every 2 minutes), But Attack On Titan was definatley something else entirely. It was my first leap into something which can truly be described as Anime Horror, not that I really fancy the horror genre, but this one is different. I like how there's virtually no plot armor to speak of similar to that of Fate/Zero, and for reasons too complex to go into here and due to spoilers for anyone who happens to read this that haven't watched it yet, I see it just as good as my all time favorites; Fate/Zero and Angel Beats.

Then came Anohana - The flower we saw that day... Oh dear god, if there was any anime made me cry, this was the one to do it. If you liked Clannad and Clannad After Story for the characters, then this is something for you to watch as well.

I'm still relatively new to the Otaku Culture, and even though I have watched my fair share of the good, the great and the downright awesome animes, I still feel like I haven't watched enough to become an otaku proper just yet, As I have still yet to watch Clannad  Crying or Very sad.

But enough about me... Tell me what your Gateway Anime/Manga was. I'd love to hear your stories.

Have a good day, everybody.
Back to top Go down
Mayu-chan

Mayu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 am

I don't read manga though I only watch anime

Well when I was young I used to watch Dragon Ball Z!, I always watch it and I really love it! I can't stop watching it during the afternoon.DBZ made my childhood the best.

When I was 10, I used to watch Naruto every weekends at night but not anymore.

There I stopped watching anime until 2 years leter, I met an another girl which is also an otaku(my crush).She knows more anime more than me.Now that I knew that i am not alone.I continued watching anime and I discovered there "Corpse Party - Tortured Souls".Corpse Party is one of my favorite horror anime.I watched it all night without skipping any scenes but i didn't have any nightmares though.

After Corpse Party, I watched Another.Not much to say but it is the same as Corpse Party but not very gory then I watched Devil Survivor 2 The Animation.I love the anime very much that I downloaded a DS Emulator and downloaded the rom.I am currently on the last day though and discovered that anime is different from the game.

Now for the feels anime! I'll start Anohana.I didn't cry but my heart aches because of the feels but in the second time i watched it, I cried but only just a tear.I don't why I am so cold-hearted though and Angel Beats... same too.I know it's sad! but it didn't made me cry.Clannad, I didn't watched it yet but i'm gonna try.

my story is too long so i'm gonna continue tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:17 am

Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon! Also Tenchi Muyo. Basically all of Toonami's starting line up, including Outlaw Star!
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Fist of the North Star was my first anime with subtitles. Then my first manga was... i forgot...ooo wait i remember now... it was the law of unkei, turning trash into trees was awesome.

Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:41 pm

I think that question is a little harder for me to answer. I was watching anime and reading manga (the americanized kind that reads left to right) long before I knew what either of them was. The first anime I watched that I realized was an anime was probably Ranma 1/2, but before that I was watching things like Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Yu-gi-oh (original and GX), pokemon, case closed, and basically anything you could get from 4kids, kidsWB, toonami, or adult swim. After that, I just started watching anime like crazy. Any tapes or DVDs I could get my hands on. When I discovered youtube for the first time, it was a miracle if I could be pulled away from the screen. However, I wouldn't really call any of them my "Gateway" anime, because, even though they were some of the first series I fell in love with as an anime, they were not my first actual anime. My "Gateway" was probably Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid (Anderusen Dōwa Ningyo hime). I owned the tape as long as I can remember and I would watch it all the time. If it wasn't for my love of that movie, I don't know if I would love anime as much as I do. My father claims to have shown me Ghost in a Shell (great show to show kids, by the way) when I was about one, but since I don't remember that it doesn't count.

My story for manga isn't as cool. I just started reading it at a sci-fi convention thinking it was a comic (sonce it was scattered in with the comic books) and my love of manga was born. Now I own so much that I need two bookshelves to hold it all. I would own more, but my favorite bookstore closed (T^T) and a lot of the series I like go on forever and are slightly a pain to keep up with (that and college steals all my money).
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Haha, well this might end up being a bit long.

To be honest, I can't say for sure which was the first anime I watched, as I started quite early, when I didn't even know that it was anime I was looking at. But, a fair guess would be Pokemon. I know I had started with some simpler shows, because at around the age of 7 I wasn't good enough at english to understand either subbed or dubbed anime, therefore I was forced to watch the few that actually aired on our TV channels with a sub/dub in either my native, or the neighborhood country's language. Which was a pitfully small amount, to be honest. I think the only ones at that time were Pokemon and Shaman King. Then, a year or two later, I found out what anime was, and that there was a channel that aired only those in our country. That was when I got more into it, though still only the few I could get without having to give a try on understanding english ( I find it very funny, since nowadays I couldn't probably watch animes in my native language or I'd puke at the voice acting lmao).

I remember watching Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist (the older one) and Yu Yu Hakusho (with which I was obsessed for good 8 years after lol) the most, though after some time I got pissed cause many episodes were subbed horribly, either me having to guess half the words cause they weren't written right, or the subs didn't match with the time of their talking ( aka I had to read the speech a good while after it was actually said). Which was when I started looking up animes on the internet, as I could actually understand english perfectly at that point of time, woohoo. Since then, I had been watching randomly, whatever caught my attention lol Altho I'm rather slow at it now, and usually only watch one anime at a time, if even. I have the bad habit of choosing to rewatch my most favorite animes rather than going for a new one. For example, I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of Devil Survivor 2 at least 10 times xD

As for manga, I don't read them much, simply because I tend to find fight scenes rather boring. In anime there's smooth movement and shit, but in manga, I often have problems understanding just what the fuck is going on at certain moments, no offense. I usually only read if I enjoyed the anime very much, or find out that the manga is actually different from the anime. D-Gray Man being a special case, since I read mostly because the manga itself went beyond the anime, and I wanted to know what happens lol I totally skipped a lot of ealier chapters there. In total, I believe I only finished about 5 mangas, in contrast to about 30 animes (maybe more).

So, that should be it I guess lol
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Well, I was like Naomi-sempai. I had watched DBZ, One Piece and Pokemon but I assumed that they were made in America because ENG dubs. lol DBZ and OP was a gateway for my action/fantasy/sci-fi anime like  Blue Excorist and Gurren Lagann . And my god,

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON GURREN LAGANN

I was browsing Netflix, trying to determine what i should watch next. I saw GL as a 4-star so I didn't watch it. A few months past and I saw it being "Watch it before random date here" and I did to see if it really deserves the 4-star treatment.

I loved it. The music, the artistic visuals, the robot action and the GAR that spewed out from every scene was almost like my own imagination for any type of action scene.

For example, the signature/finishing move:

Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? Giga-drill-break-o

But enough about GL. Until that GL moment, I have been watching Angel Beats, and another slice-of-life anime so I like those too.

I like mystery, mainly from the Detective Conan series. And I also loved classics like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away...

My manga was inspired by things like Death Note and Naruto and I knew those were Japanese. lol, It's wierd.

Wow. I really can't remember anything else before I watched GL. It's sad...

But hey, it just show how that anime bellowed in my mind and heart.

Oh, one more thing before I go:

Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? 4198561+_c4583a53353d8da77d9df8798ea848ce

Link for enlargement: http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/4198561+_c4583a53353d8da77d9df8798ea848ce.png
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?   Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga? Empty

Back to top Go down

Just out of Curiosity... What was your 'Gateway' Anime/Manga?
Page 1 of 1