Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Fun at the amusement park EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Fun at the amusement park EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Fun at the amusement park EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Fun at the amusement park EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Fun at the amusement park EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Fun at the amusement park EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Fun at the amusement park EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Fun at the amusement park

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Fun at the amusement park Empty
PostSubject: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Hyde always wanted to see the amusement park; it’s one of the greatest places that anyone would want to live. However, having fun wasn’t the real reason as to why he was here. Hyde was actually giving out job applications all around, the carnival was the best place to do something like that. “Hey! Can you please take one of these?” Handing out his resume was definitely some hard work; he was hoping that someone would be interested in his current skills. “I should of visited the school’s workshop when they were helping with resumes, maybe the reason why I’m not getting a lot of luck is because I didn’t do it right or something. “This was never a problem back at his original home, everything seems a little harder for him. Hyde would wonder why sometimes, but that wasn’t the point. “I should take a break…” Hyde decided to sit down on a bench with a few of his resumes left in hand, looking at the kids having fun in the amusement park.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Sharaku, again found himself in the amusement park, however this time he was going to try to avoid any attractions. He had enough last time he wound up at this place. But there weren't that many spots to go on his home island so the park was the best option when one needed to take a break. Right now he was simply looking around the various shops and stalls, exploring the stuff they offered. Most likely he wasn't going to buy anything, but it was a good way to pass time. Lately he's been having too much free time on his hands, and nothing to fill it with. It almost made him miss school days, even though he hadn't been to school since he was 13. Now he would be too old, even if it could be considered safe for him to attend. 'On second thought, scratch that...' He wouldn't want to find out that he was stupid or any of the like.

Either way, the scenery must not have been entertaining enough if he was having these kind of thoughts meanwhile. This wasn't working. He was actually starting to get bored. Still, he continued walking forth, having no better idea. Eventually, he would stop near a bench with a red headed teen sitting on it. Turning his golden eyes that way, he would consider it for a moment, before walking over. ''Mind if I sit here, Mister?'', he would ask politely. If he got a positive answer, he would sit down next to the teen. If not, he would nod politely and keep standing where he was.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Hyde looked up and smiled at the man. He looked a little different, but uniqueness was always appreciated. Hyde’s eyes were an odd color as well, so maybe that was one of the things they had in common. “I don’t mind at all, the benches are particularly clean at the amusement park. And you don’t have to be so formal, my name is Hyde. Hyde Mizumi, but I have plenty of other nicknames for you to choose from.” Engaging in conversation would seem a little unnatural; he wouldn’t want to come across a weird. On top of that, Hyde was on his break, but he didn’t want to bother anyone for his own amusement. After a few minutes of silence, Hyde decided to say a little bit more. “Did you check out all of the rides yet? Personally speaking, I never seen an amusement park before, until now that is. “ Hyde’s original region never had anything like that, but monsters were all too apparent.

strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Sitting down next to the redhead, Sharaku would nod, returning the smile slightly. This time, he was apparently lucky enough to meet someone nice. The teen would introduce himself as Hyde Mizumi soon after. ''Alright, if you say so. It's a pleasure meeting you Hyde. My name is Sharaku Rikei.'', he would respond with a friendly tone. While he very much prefered the formal and polite way, he would tone it down if requested. They fell into silence afterwards but Sharaku did not mind much, and simply watched the action ongoing around them. Kids sure loved this park. When Hyde spoke up again, he would turn his gaze on him, thinking for a moment before giving an answer. ''I had tried one when I was there last time. To be honest I don't have much experience with this either. This is only the second time I came here. Besides, this is more for children, I'm starting to get a bit too old for all the adrenaline.'', he'd say, his tone neutral. In actuality 22 wasn't that old, but he wasn't really the type for that kind of stuff. He was fine with doing active stuff, but these rides were a different style.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:13 pm

“To be honest with you, your actual age doesn’t necessarily have to be the same as the age of your soul. You can even see the elderly around here, having the time of their lives. Their bodies might be old, but they still have a young soul. I would think that life is too short to drift away from any kind of peace and happiness that the world has to offer you. But that’s just my opinion about it. “ Hyde thought about this stranger’s name for a while, something seemed a little off about it. He personally felt as if this man needed a new nickname or something. “Do you mind if I call you Raku? Not to say anything bad about your name, I just shortened it and picked the best part about it. Well, once again, not trying to be disrespectful or anything. But, Sharaku can be a pretty cool name too.” It was about time to change the subject, talking about names was a little odd. “How long have you been a native to the Azores region? “
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Sharaku would blink a few times in surprise. If anything, he had not expected a speech like that one. ''Ah, I guess you're right about that. Age does not always matter. I've never been the type to play around too much, so maybe that's why I feel this way. Hapiness doesn't always come when you want it to. Doesn't mean I'm not willing to try things out, it's just I'm not used to it.'', he would respond after a while of thinking on it. Maybe he should give it more of a try sometime. Bad memories aside. Times change after all. Still, he couldn't say he was entirely comfortable with the idea. Seeing all the kids having fun, made him remember missing a lot of his younger years due to those experiments. It just didn't feel very right.

Hyde's nickname suggestion brought him out of his musings effectively, and he would rise his eyebrow a bit. That was a new one. He had been called a few things in the past, but not like this.''If you really want to. It doesn't sound too bad.'', he would say, slightly amused at the prospect. ''I've been living there for a few months. I can't say I know it too well yet though. How about you, Hyde? Lived here for a long time?'', he'd reply to the inquiry, sort of wondering why did this come up so often. He had been asked about his living before. Oh well, guess that was the standard for small talk nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:59 pm

“To be honest, I only been here for a year. I came from a faraway place that seems to be a little more gruesome than here. I ended up traveling all around for a few months before coming here, now I go to school at the Zela Academy place. I guess that’s the only real place that I could call a home for the time being, but sometimes I think of the kindness that’s been shown to me by the faculty as a way of me freeloading. I should graduate in another two years, and pay them back someday. What about you? Your dreams and aspirations for the future, do you have any?” Hyde liked to hear about the lives of others, sharing a story can definitely be used as motivation. Sometimes it sets the bar as to what you’re trying to achieve in life.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 pm

...What did he want to do in future and all that stuff? 'This is getting complicated.' Sharaku found himself in a bit of a dillemma at that very moment. After all, Hyde did just tell him quite a few things about himself and his life, and it would be rude not to offer something in return. However, he was faced with the decision of what to tell. There were things he couldn't really talk about, and he did not want to lie. Lying on purpose made him uneasy, he did not enjoy doing that at all. Yet, what was he to say? In the end, he decided that it might just be enough to be vague on certain subjects. That way he wouldn't have to directly lie, and still not be forced to tell the complete truth. It wasn't a route he prefered taking, but he did not want to risk too much, even if he doubted Hyde would be trouble for him. Precaution was important still.

He would have been silent for a small period of time after Hyde finished talking, as he made up his mind. ''That is hard to tell. What I can say is, that it'd be nothing like what you are trying for. Although a steady home does sound good. But, to put it straight, I don't think of future too much. For me, it's too fickle to make any specific plans. There are things I'd rather avoid getting into, but other than that it's just a hope for the best kind of living. I do have my reasons, however I don't believe people would understand. You're lucky to live a fairly normal life, I guess.'', he would say, trying to at least somewhat answer Hyde's question, although this way, he was probably only raising more question marks. 'This is hard...' He really wanted to be completely honest with the redhead, but he simply couldn't throw some things out in the open. His life was screwed in one way or another, no matter how he looked at it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:56 pm

“Well…. It’s a start at least. Searching for your own form of peace and hope, this region isn’t so bad once you start to think about. I just hope that no natural disasters happen around here, were surrounded by a lot of water. “ Hyde said that sarcastically as if it was a small joke, he even chuckled a bit. It was just to take off the edge, even if it wasn’t funny. “My life wasn’t entirely normal, I think I can go as far as to say that I lived an abnormal life. Things were different, people were different. Power struggles, small wars, the place was going to hell. I even left on a bad note, but it was all for the sake of living for today. “ With all of these things they were talking about, Hyde forgot to ask Raku something. ”Hey Raku, do you know anyone that could be hiring around here? To be honest with you, I was looking for a job for quite some time, but I’ve been having a hard time finding anything. It’ll be really cool if you knew someone that needs a capable worker. “Hyde then hands over one of his resumes to Raku.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm

'A start indeed...' It appeared Hyde had some sense of humour, but all in all, Sharaku was glad the teen didn't try to pry. He really would have trouble if he was expected to say more on the subject. ''Right, it does seem fine so far.'', he would nod a bit. Hopefully it would stay that way. ''Although water would be the least of my concerns...'', he would mumble afterwards. Sure, getting flooded would be far from nice, but he could imagine far worse things that could happen, at least when he himself was concerned. ''But, perhaps we could have free pools if the water did decide to pay a visit.'', he would say afterwards. That did not make for a good joke, but it was still better than making gloomy moods.

''Abnormal, hm? Well, what do you know, maybe we could relate on some note.''
, he would say shortly, his expression indifferent though. It was strange to talk of such things in an amusement park no less. He did sort of wonder what exactly was Hyde refering to, but he opted not to ask, as he himself wasn't up to telling his own secrets. There would be no balance if he wanted answers without giving his own. To his amusement, Hyde distracted him again, asking about jobs. A bit startled at the sudden change of topic, he would accept the offered paper, skimming over it briefly. ''I wish I could help you, but I hadn't bothered with job hunting myself. I don't really know, but perhaps you could try something along the lines of a waiter, or some job that involves interacting with people. You seem to be good at conversations. If you can show that off, I'm sure someone would hire you.'', he would say thoughtfully, even though he couldn't offer anything exact. He himself had no job at the moment, still having plenty of money he made before he moved to this region. And for him, a steady job was not a good option anyway, so he'd have to jump around, if he were to attempt at it. So far, he had no need to. Although many people assumed he did work somewhere, just from seeing his dressing style. A jobless person usually did not walk around in a suit. Maybe he just had strange tastes...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:26 am

Hmm, being a waiter?  I never really thought about that, being a waiter can definitely help out a little bit. The pay is probably going to suck, but I guess the tips can keep me going if I’m nice enough. Maybe I should search around for a place like that, get myself settled. “ Hyde then made a small laugh as he saw someone selling candy apples. “Not sure if your into this, but maybe we should try communicating with your inner child or something. Hey!” Hyde called over the vendor and bought a candy apple, he then handed it to Raku. “Try it, but be warned… its pretty good. There was a time when i ate a candy apple when i had a loose tooth, got it out after one bite. I'm not expecting anything noglastic out of you, i just think you should have a little fun.

Hyde would then sit back and observe Raku to see if he would eat the apple.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 am

....So Hyde was actually going to go along with the suggestion? That was fast. Though maybe he should try something else, if the amount of money was a concern. ''Alright. I wish you good luck, whatever you choose in the end.'' That was the only thing he could think of saying at the moment. It was still Hyde's choice to pick his job after all. It wasn't like he had any knowledge that could be helpful on the matter. 'Huh?' Sharaku would turn his head a bit at Hyde's next sentence. 'Wait. Wait...What?' Quite a bit confused by the sudden action, he would still take the offered candy, but stare at it for a bit. 'I don't get this...What do candies have to do with...' He would give the apple a beffudled stare for a few moments, before speaking up. ''I think I fail to make the connection between candy and fun, but....allright, why not? As the saying goes No pain, no gain...'', It wasn't as if it was going to kill him if he ate it.

''....'' What was he supposed to say? ''Well, it's not bad. Then again, it's candy..What else would one expect? I have a feeling I'm not getting it the way you meant it though.'', he would comment calmly afterwards. Dear God, he was actually starting to feel lame. It was a fact that he had not eaten candy since he was young, before he had gotten involved in all those experiments, but...it just didn't do much to him. He had put his past behind him a while ago, and guess it didn't affect him as much anymore. If anything, the thoughts made him uneasy. But he would keep a pleasant expression. Hyde was only trying to be nice after all.

A moment later, he would realize something else. Wasn't Hyde talking about money and all before? Then why did he just buy something for him? 'I shouldn't be letting this happen..' He could have bought the thing himself. ''Wait a moment. You shouldn't be spending your money on me. Let me pay you back for this. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.'', he would say after a moment of silence, really not wanting to be a freeloader. He was willing to lay back most of the time, but this was a no no. This definitely wasn't polite in his book, and he wouldn't just let that be. Even if Hyde didn't want to, he would most likely insist on it.

Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Hyde raised his hand as soon as he figured that Raku would object to what he just did. He would then proceed to explain his case and reassure his new found friend. “Do you know what it means to be a cheerful giver? Sometimes you do nice things, but the cause of those nice things isn’t the result of repercussions. You do it out of the kindness of your heart, as willingly and as honestly as possible. Not to live foolishly, but I’m sure that it’s up to us to make the perfect world we all tend to dream about. So don’t think much of it, I’m sure you did the same for someone else right?” After that, Hyde went and bought a candy apple of his own. He bit into immediately, making a little munching sound. “Another thing about moments like this, it’s always best to share them with a friend. For some reason, the food tends to taste a little better. “ This was just a small excerpt of Hyde’s opinions, but they were somewhat pure. Sometimes there isn’t a reason as to why you’re doing something nice for someone. Maybe it was the logical thing to search for something akin to an equal exchange, but that wasn’t really the way Hyde acts towards people.

Weakness
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 7:34 pm

So much for trying. Still, Sharaku did not intend to fully give up. It wasn't that he didn't understand Hyde's reasoning, however nabits are habits. To be honest, he did sort of do that himself, as he often offered to pay for others, on the other hand, he did not let people do that to him. Which brought him to this current crossroad. While he did not want to get into a argument with Hyde, going along wasn't preferable either. 'I wonder why am I such a stick up about this...' And there they started off so nicely. ''I can imagine where you're coming from, that I admit. Still, no can do. I do not let people pay for me, period, and I'm not about to change that now. My manners simply won't let me do that.'', he would say in a more firm tone this time. This probably wasn't the best time to be stubborn, however it couldn't be helped. Sharaku was almost a bit sour about doing this, but still, he was going to get his way if it could be helped. 'Screw me, right?'

When Hyde went on and bought an apple for himself, speaking about friends and food, he would sigh a bit. Not that this wasn't nice, but he couldn't say he understood the concept of real friendship too well. ''And here I believed the food always tasted the same....You just shattered my beliefs. What's next, Santa isn't real?'' There was quite a bit of sarcasm dripping there, mixed with a not very pleasing joke. Normally, Sharaku wouldn't have said it that way, but he was still slightly dissapointed by the money issue. After that, he would close his eyes for a bit, sighing again. This was going so 'well'. Maybe he should just learn to swallow his pride sometimes....

Strenght/Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 6:47 am

"You mean the fat guy in the red suit that everyone keeps talking about? Well i'm not too sure if he exists, but i know that the north does. Maybe the discovery channel can do one of those documentations and call it "In search for Santa", and have bait like cookies and milk. But no matter how fat you are, why would you want to live in such cold weather all around?" Hyde was honestly pondering this question, he really didn't know what the reason would be for. After a short laugh, he took another bite from his candy apple and began to get up from the bench. "I have a few more of these resumes to give out, the teenager live is fast and vast, but there is some contact information on it. Give me a text sometime, we can hang out if you want. "After a thumbs up sign, hyde dashed off with the candy apple in his mouth, and could be seen giving his resumes throughout the amusement park.

- Exit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the amusement park   Fun at the amusement park Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun at the amusement park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next