Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alcor

Alcor

"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) Empty
PostSubject: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyFri May 21, 2021 5:49 pm

"Alright I think this should be clear." Cherry mused out loud as she looked at the pile of sticks on the ground, with snow pushed to the side. After she had paid a visit to the odd fellow knowed as Eden, Cherry started to roam around the Napolean Highrise. Trying to find some more items to collect, she was only planning to spend a few hours looking around and then head off to another zone. However as she tends to do, she got a little distracted and now it was night time. So she had to set up a little camp fire. Which she has became quite skilled at over the years. After pulling a few more sticks out of her back pack, she wasted no time in causing a fire. Smoke soon reaching the sky, and the once slient area was filled with the noise of crackling flame. The noise made Cherry's twitch and pull her left arm away, despite the fact that it was nowhere close to the camp fire.

Using her teeth, Cherry took off the glove from her right hand and brought it close to the fire. Letting the intense heat, warm her up as she thought back on the last few days. She had done it. She had stood her ground against the demons, not only that but she defeated them, and save so many people! And sure she had people backing her up, but that was proof that she could hold her on now! She didn't have to be scared any longer, didn't have to run away from those evil beasts! She could fight back, make them feel pain and fear for once! Maybe save some more people! These thoughts have been in her mind for a long time now, but tonight for some reason she began to seriously think about that. Maybe she could become a demon slayer?

It would be dangerous sure, but she had the power to harm them. It would be wrong of her not to use it. Of course she wasn't really sure how to start with something like that, sure she could just wander around and punch random demons, and that would help people. But if she really wanted to make a change she'd need to do something bigger, grander! Take out the big wigs! She has heard rumors that their are demons calling the shoots around here, the biggest and most notable name to most people would be Oryx. But she would have to find out where those guys live first before she could do anything about it, and even then Oryx was the only demonic leader she has heard about. All the others seemed to be mere myths. Cherry would pull her knees to her chest and rest her chin on one of them, as she allowed herself to sink deeper into the thought. Not even thinking about the fact that the light from the fire, or the smoke and sound of crackling fire may attract somebody..............
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyFri May 21, 2021 6:32 pm

Abzu gazed over the highrise in blue moonlight, from the Balcony attached to her little hideout. She tended to move around a lot, given the current state of affairs in the Highrise. Maybe now, after her latest failed foray, it was time to move on to Greener Pastures. She could always return here once the Demons had forgotten about her. Her brown eyes scanned the horizon absentmindedly, seemingly lost in thought. "While I did not come here to aid you, your recklessness is on a whole new level..." The words of the young, brown-haired man from before still echoed around in her thoughts. 'Reckless' He called her. He was right, to a degree. Though in her case, she was driven out of desperation, not recklessness. That's where the two saw things differently. Needless to say, Abzu herself wasn't too fond of the Persona User, even if he had helped her out. What concerned her more was that her core burnt out again. She couldn't maintain her Orgia Mode for very long, and that time only seemed to grow shorter with each time she tried. Her gaze fell to her outstretched palm. Maybe her time was running out? Was this how she was meant to go? Dying like a fire without fuel, rather than in a raging blaze of glory. "Lucille..." She clenched her hand close to her chest, looking out over the city again. Oh how she missed her...

That's when she saw something. A pillar of smoke, rising from an old parking lot not too far away. Fire in a cold place like this meant only one thing... Survivors. Vagrants. She narrowed her eyes towards the small fire. Wasn't too far away. Only 300 meters away, of course, if she were to take the birds way down. Her curiousity now piqued, Abzu turned around, and left the room. She could sleep somewhere else tonight anyway. She eventually reached the bottom floor, and used the mass of smoke as a guide-post, telling her where to go. Once she got close enough, she saw...

A Teenager. Couldn't have been much younger than Lucille was last time she saw her. Oh Lucille. "..." She looked at the kid in silence for a few moments, before she took notice of the large, tree arm. Another one of Demeter's experiments, no doubt. An arm like that was difficult to pass off as anything other than a demon weapon. She felt for the kid... knowing exactly what it was like to be treated like an outcast. Abzu spent most of her time alone, due to her reliance on Demon Magic through the use of Umbral Energy. She needed it to survive... and she was constantly blamed for, and nobody seemed to want to try and see things from her point of view. Nowadays, Abzu kept mostly to herself, for the reason that she didn't want to intrude where she clearly wasn't welcome. Was she even welcome here? This doubt kept her from saying anything. She didn't wish to intrude.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyFri May 21, 2021 7:40 pm

After a few more seconds had passed, Cherry reached over to grab the large backpack that was sitting besides her. Before opening it up, and sticking her right arm in there. Before pulling out a small flask filled with water. Cherry could tell just by grasping the flask that it was colder than what she normally liked. Yet another down side to exploring the Napolean Highrise. In fact she could swear that some ice was forming on the outside of the small, sliver flask. Unscrewing the lid, she took a small sip from it. Upon the contact with the chilly liquid, the young woman cringed. It was WAY to cold, in fact she had to resist the urge to spit the water out on to the ground. Shaking her head she put the lid back on, as her eyes did a glance behind her. She seemingly did not notice the purple haired woman right off the back, it took a few seconds before she suddenly snapped her head back to look at the new visitor. The first thing Cherry did was try to use her thick winter jack to cover her wooden arm. Putting the hand in the pocket, and trying to get at a angle where this mysteryous woman wouldn't be able to size just how large it was. The next thing she did was to try and get a good grasp on her, the girl's eyes narrowing and looking the purple haired woman up and down. Trying to pick out any important details.

While neither of them have said anything yet, Cherry got the sense that this woman meant no harm. Cherry couldn't see any weapons on her, and she wasn't standing like a woman ready to pounce. In fact she actually looked a tad somber, about what was anybodies guess really. Realizing that she has just been staring at this woman for a frankly awkward amount of time now Cherry made the first move abd tried to break the ice between the too.

"Why hello there ma'am. How long have you been standing there?" She simply asked, her voice showing no hint of anger or suspicion. "Do you need something? Food? Water? Maybe a place to warm up? I'll have to warn you, I don't really have much water or food left. So I can't give you much, plus the stuff I can spare won't taste all that good. But you can hang out around the fire if you want! I don't mind." She added with a soft smile forming on her lips, really trying her best to get across to the woman that she wasn't a threat. "Oh! I almost forgot, my name is Cherry. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting" The young girl ask in a ever so slighty forced formal tone.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:06 am

No, this kid wasn't Lucille. She had to convince herself of that. Lucille had longer hair, and she was a fair bit taller too, not to mention the lack of a tree arm. This little one just reminded her a bit of her late friend, that's all. She slowly shook her head, turned around, and was just about to leave the young girl alone when something stopped her.

Abzu flinched, as if hit by something, when Cherry suddenly addressed her. She looked over her shoulder at the kid, before turning around. "I... Just a minute or two is all..." She eventually replied, still baffled that the kid had actually spoken to her. Her brown eyes met Cherry's for a brief moment, as the little kid continuted to ask her questions. " I was just about to-" She was interrupted by yet another question coming from the curious kid. "No, I... I don't need anything, no." She spoke softly, just like she used to with Lucille. This little one meant no harm, surely. She chuckled. Even though this Cherry looked to be around 15, she still behaved very much like a young child. So care-free. "I really don't need food or water to survive, so don't worry about that." She would carefully move closer towards the campfire, and sit down beside the young girl. "It's nice to meet you, Cherry. My name is Abzu."
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:51 am

"Why didn't you say anything?" The teen asked. Finding it strange that this woman was just stairing at her for a few minutes. As she walked over towards the campfire, Cherry would scoot over a little bit to give her some more room to herself.

Cherry would tilt her head slighty to the side as Abzu informed her that she didn't need any food or water to survive. She just couldn't understand how that could be possible, surely the purple haired woman wasn't a demon. She's never seen one that looked like a human, and if this woman was a demon then she probably would have made a move by now. "You don't need any food or water? Really? How do you do that? I thought everything, short of maybe demons, needed to eat and drink?" The woman may have just been lying so Cherry wouldn't have to give her any food. And if that turned out to be the case, then she would probably insist that the woman would take some of her many supplies.

"You have a lovely name Abzu. And it's nice to meet you too." Cherry tone was also very soft and quiet. However it wasn't quite as soothing as Abzu's. It was more of a slighty sleepy tone if anything. After the greetings had been all wrapped up, Cherry grab her bag and unzipped it with her right hand. She would then pull out a decently sized blanket, also made by Helanna, and wrapped it around herself like a little, cozy, cocoon. Which covered up her wooden arm almost perfectly. Of course that was a moot point since Abzu already saw it, but Cherry wasn't aware of that. "So what brings you here? I have been wandering around Paris for a very long time, and I have never seen you before. Are you from any vaults?" With what has been happening to vaults these days it wasn't too far fetched. And if that was the case, then Cherry would probably tell her about Armando's group. Maybe that way she and Retuo can help this woman get to safety too.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyThu May 27, 2021 11:27 pm

"I... I just didn't wish to bother you, that's all..." Not that this girl would understand who Lucille even was, and she'd rather avoid being bombarded with more questions regarding her late friend. It was painful enough that this girl reminded Abzu of her friend so much. The last thing she needed was more things to stress her out, lest her core would start heating up again. "I have to apologize, if it came off as a bit strange. It wasn't my intention to scare you."

A faint chuckle left the android's lips at the question, completely understanding the kid's confusion. "Haha, see I'm not exactly what you call... Human. I'm an android. A robot. Artificial Life. I don't require food or drink to survive. All I need is some rest every now and again. That's all." Not really, but did she really need to complicate things? There was no need to worry some kid about her slowly decaying life-cycle, and quite frankly, she didn't want to think about it herself... Not when there was so much left to do. "I guess you could call me a Relic of the Past. Been around since years before The Fall. I've seen it all, pretty much, and Paris well... she has certainly seen better days." Her faint smile faded shortly thereafter, her gaze falling back onto the pyre in front of her. From here, it was evident that her eyes were clearly not organic, the fire didn't even reflect off the surface as well as on a human. It was like looking through a lens, almost.

"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) D7c67d1303b07c879ffb2600745d42d8fa3ee1a6_hq
"I wish I was... That would've made the last 4 decades a lot easier."

She said tiredly. Maybe Lucille, Juan, Thierry and Evette would've made it out too... Even now, their smiles and laughs haunted her. Tormented her. It hurt, knowing how she had failed them all. Failed to protect, or even Avenge them. And now, she was even too weak to rectify her failings. Today's escapade had been proof enough of that.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 12:12 am

"Oh do not worry about that, I am not easy to scare." She was easy to startled, but actually scare? Now that was a different story. When you have lived your whole life on the surface, dealing with insane humans and evil demons, it takes much more than a woman staring at her to spook her. "And don't worry about coming off strange either, I have met a whole butch of strange people hehehe." She giggled softly to her self, amused by her own joke. Even if it was very true.

Her eyes widden as her mouth slowly opens up in wonder and awe. "oh. My. GOD! You're a robot!?" She questioned in total excitement, like a child meeting their childhood idol for the first time. "My mom told me about you guys! Are you one of those robots who can shoot laser beams and fly? Or are you like one of those super computer types, and this is just your spare body, and your real form is like, five billion feet underground?" The girl would continue to ask a few more questions about what type of robot she was. Her tireness seemingly disappearing as she learned about what she was. It was clear that Cherry had no clue what actual robots where like at all, but her questions all seemed to be very innocent, and oddly enough she seemed to ask questions about abilties that robot from video games had. Like if Abzu could copy other robot's power like 'megan man' as she called him. Implying that she either somehow found a working mega man game or somebody taught her this.

After Cherry stopped her onslaught of questions, she would listen to what Abzu had to say about being a relic of the past. "Really you were? My mom was too. Maybe you knew her?" Cherry asked, not knowing that her mother was not nearly important enough to have met a ASSW. "She used to tell me the same thing. She used to tell me how pretty Paris used to be when she was young, how peaceful everything was. I bet it was wonderful." Cherry said, almost longingly as she looked at the fire. Allowing herself to imagine a life in that world, instead of the one she found herself in. "Maybe not. Plenty of vaults seem to be failing these days. That or the demons are just getting stronger..........." For the first time Cherry's voice seemed to falter. Worry creeping it's way into the teen's voice before she realized that she shouldn't be worrying this kind woman.

"N-nevermind that though, it isn't healthy to focus on those things. Plus if everything goes well nobody will have to worry about that anymore~" She said, placing a hand on her hip, before sticking her head high up in the air for some extra flare before she declared what her 'job' was. "You see, I am something of a demon slayer. And while I haven't gotten all the details ironed out yet, I do know one thing. I am going to free Paris from the demons!" Her voice was filled with childish confidence, if there was ant doubt in her mind, Abzu wouldn't have been able to tell. Although what she could tell is that Cherry was trying to 'sell herself' a little bit. Clearly wanting to impress her purple haired guest.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Abzu felt somewhat relieved by the young one's confession. At least she hadn't startled her. While the android wasn't the most intimidating thing in Paris, when her eyes turned to that Red and Black, from using her powers, people's attitudes tended to shift. And she had to admit, after seeing them herself... eyes like those weren't exactly pleasant to look at. Though it was very much a necessity. For without the Umbral Powers, her chances of survival, let alone holding her promise to Lucille would've been impossible. And even with these abilities to defend herself with, her future was looking rather bleak.

"I guess you could call me that..." Abzu smiled softly towards the much younger girl, as she was bombarded with questions, and understandably so. Most of Cherry's misconceptions seemed to stem from old gaming magazines, and relics of ages long gone, as Abzu herself recognized a few of the names he mentioned. Thierry used to sit down and play Megaman with her on his days off school. She was terrible at it, but it was fun to play regardless. "I can't exactly fly... Though I have to admit, being able to sounds very useful. I'm not sure if Clovis ever designed a Halcyon android capable of Flight." She replied thoughtfully. Not that Abzu would've had access to any such information back in the day, but playing with the thought of flying robots was an amusing one. "I hate to dissapoint, but this is all you get. A broken robot." She smiled wryly, and gazed into the fire, as Cherry kept asking her questions.

"I don't think I ever met her... If I ever did, it was brief enough that I cannot recall it." Abzu replied shortly, her thoughts elsewhere. "I really do miss those days. Everything was so much simpler, back then. I know it might be hard to believe, but this..." She gestured around them. "This used to be a mass of apartment complexes. Thousands of People lived here. Croulebarbe... Thierry lived here. Heh, I can see his apartment from here." She pointed towards a tall highrise a few blocks away, one of the top windows on the left side. The actual building was somewhat lopsided, leaning a few degrees south. "Right there. See it?" She asked, directing the young Cherry where to look.

"...Yeah... A Vault around here fell recently. I was... too late to stop it." She winced with self-guilt. Had she only been a bit faster, and stronger, those people wouldn't have died. "A Demon-slayer, you say, huh...? Heh... Maybe there's hope after all." She chuckled to herself, tilting her head backwards to look at the star-lit sky.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:05 pm

"It does sound like a butch of fun. I always wanted to fly on those airplanes. That way I'd be able to go anywhere I wanted to, anytime I wanted too! Now if I want to visit another country I would have to find a boat to use. And that takes forever!" Flying was the dream for Cherry. She loved to explore and being able to fly would be the best way to let her do that. Maybe one day, if she fixes Paris, she'll be able to fly. "Clovis? Was he your dad? Or, maker I guess? She wasn't sure which term was the right one when talking about the 'parent' of a robot.

When Abzu said something about her being a broken robot, Cherry would stare at her for a few seconds. Her grey eyes trying to see any wounds or broken pieces, and finding nothing wrong with her on the surface. "You don't seem broken to me. Is it a inside problem? Like are you running out of battery? Maybe if we can get you into a vault, they could charge you back up again?" Cherry was trying to come up with ideas of whar could be wrong with Abzu and how she can be fixed using her very limited and misunderstood knowledge of machines. "And anyways, even if you are broken, you're still pretty cool to me." Cherry brought fingers up to her lower lip as she let out a low hum. "That makes sense. If my mom would have met you, I am pretty sure she would have brought it up. Then again maybe she did bring it up and I just wasn't listening? She did say I had problems focusing."

Cherry narrowed her eyes as she tried to focus on the building Abzu pointing out. It took a little bit, but soon enough it came into her field of view. "Oh yeah I see it! It looks nice, I bet it was a pretty nice place to live back in the day." Cherry paused before she glanced over to the android. Letting her curious nature get the best of her for a moment, she blurted out a question. "Was Thierry your friend miss Abzu?"

Seeing the robot wince, Cherry would slowly reach out and place her flesh hand on the woman's shoulder. Trying to comfort her by gently rubbing it, she tried to put a comforting smile. "Well that's not your fault. Demons are very dangerous, and trying and failing is better than not doing anything at all. And plus. I think I know what vault your talking about, and a few people did escape. I met them. They are all held up in the big building." There was of course a off chance that Abzu could be talking about a different vault but it didn't seem too likely. A confident smirk crossed Cherry's face as she heard Abzu play along with her little promise. "There's always hope! It may take me a little while, but I'll kick those demons ass and get them outta here!"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat May 29, 2021 4:29 pm

That posed a rather interesting question... What had happened to the Rest of Europe? Abzu had been landlocked to Paris for quite some time now, and hadn't seen the countryside for almost half a century now. Though it was fair to assume that the rest of Europe looked very much the same. Desolated, with scarce survivors hiding within the Cities, if there were any left. Even if she could leave Paris, Abzu wouldn't. There was still work to be done... Lots of it. And Abzu couldn't leave without knowing that she had avenged her friends.

She had a long way to go...

"In a way, yes. While I wasn't built by Clovis Donnet directly, he's responsible for my creation. Back in the day, he was cited as "The Father of Machines", for his groundbreaking research within Computer Science and Robotics." Abzu seemed to be quite proud. People said that Clovis' research was several decades ahead of its time. How he had accomplished such a feat, Abzu wasn't quite sure. "He was also directly responsible for the creation of the Vaults. Back then, they had been designed as shelters in case of global war. In a sense, they fulfilled their purpose. Though not in the way that Clovis could've predicted. The project was deemed unnecessary once tensions dissapated, and well... Only a few Vaults actually ended up being finished. If only he had continued..." Maybe they could've stood a chance.

"I... I guess you could say the damage is more... internal. There's nothing you can do, I am afraid." Abzu smiled softly at Cherry. "You shouldn't have to worry about me. I'll be fine, Cherry." That was a lie. She wasn't going to be "fine", but Abzu just didn't have it in her to make this young, innocent girl have to worry about a relic of the past like herself. It just didn't sit right with her. At all. "Better be out there and fend for yourself."

"Yeah. The view from there was quite something. You could see the river from his bedroom window." Abzu felt nostalgic talking about it. How many times hadn't she looked out over the riverbank from there, talking with Thierry and Juan... about the trivial things, like homework, and tests. Those seemed like such distant worries, and quite frankly, unnecessary now that she knew what would transpire. She really longed for those days. Everything had been so simple. "Yes, he was. We used to study together back then. Well, me Thierry and Juan. The others were in a different class, so we didn't get to do work together as much." She sighed, looking over the horizon. "I knew Lucille and Thierry the best. We used to hang around Place d'Italie a lot on our days off. When we weren't busy trying to save the world." She chuckled, almost mockingly. "And look at what all that effort brought us. All for nothing..."

Abzu smiled towards the girl. It was rather noble of her to try and comfort a stranger like that. The two hadn't even known eachother for long, and already, Cherry empathized with the robot. "I know... It's difficult not to place blame on yourself, when you had the ability to stop it." But Cherry was right. There was no use in blaming herself quite like she did. All it did was feed into a negative spiral. She had to quit that. One day. "Share some of that enthusiasm, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Cherry hasn't really put much thought ino the state of the rest of the world. Sure she knew there was more to the world than just Paris and Cherry was quite aware of that, but this place, france, always seemed more inportant to her. And why wouldn't it? This is all she knew, this is her home, and she wanted to see it get back to it's former glory.

"He sounds like a great man. Although if I where him, I would have just kept on making vaults. I mean just because the tensions are as high as they used to be doesn't mean that trouble won't happen again. I mean look at what happened when they stopped making it. Demons attacked!" Cherry just could not wrap her mind around it, why would they just cease the projection of such a important project? Imagine just how many more lives could have been saved if there was more vaults. Maybe things would have been different?

"I mean that has to be something I can do. Do you need a new part or something? I am not really all that good with tech stuff, but if you tell me what the part looks like I could probably find it for you. I roam all around Paris, there has to be something that could help you. And once I find it I could bring you too a vault and get somebody there to do the repairs." Cherry didn't feel right, just letting her stay broken like this. Abzu seemed like such a kind woman, Cherry wouldn't be able to sleep at night if she ever broke doen fully. Although the woman did say that it would be fine, and Cherry did, in part, fall for that lie. "Now if everybody thought that way we won't get anywhere. I can still fend for myself while helping other people. We all have to work togrther if we want to survive and fight the demons." Cherry felt very strongly about this, and it showed in her eyes, the normal curious glint in her grey eyes being replaced with passion and deep belief.

The teen shook her head in disagreement. "Now come on, you don't know that. Trying to help is always better than doing nothing, and who knows, you and your friends may have struck a powerful blow against the demons! And they just hide it well, you know?" Cherry had a whole new respect for Abzu as she learned that she and her friends used to fight to protect the earth. She was like a heroine! The type Cherry wanted to be! "Your friends sound nice though. I wish I could do all that stuff with my friends." It would be nice, going to school with them all and eating lunch. Of course she wasn't thinking about the fact that most of her friends are well past school age, but that didn't really matter to her fantasy.

Cherry let out a little giggle, before it was cut off by a little yawn. Despite her curiosity the girl was begining to grow drozy. "I know things can be hard sometime, but I can tell you're strong. You have 'the will to live' just like me." Cherry still didn't fully grasp the whole 'will to live' thing thst Helanna taught her but it felt like the right thing to say. "I wouldn't mind if you stayed here for the night. I won't force you, but like I said I am a demon slayer so I can keep you dafe while you sleep! Oh wait, you're a robot........... Uh, do you guys sleep?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:50 pm

"I never really talked with Clovis much, so I can't really say. He was a busy, busy man." Abzu replied, shaking her head. She could vaguely remember the man's face. Gray, puffy mustache, thin eyebrows and short, silvery hair. Those eyes she could never forget. The deepest blue, like the River that flowed through the heart of Paris. "I'm sure he had his reasons. I'm in no place to doubt the man who created me. Besides, there was no way he could've possibly known about the Demons." Couldn't fault a man for not being clairvoyant. Perhaps making the vaults was expensive? Certainly couldn't be cheap... and with so many made, all across France and Germany. No wonder Clovis stopped once the threat of Nuclear War faded.

"I... Don't really know. If there's a spare part somewhere, you'd have to go to some great lengths to aquire one." She replied thoughtfully. "The only places I could see you finding replacement parts for me is one of two places... The Halcyon Collective Headquarters in the Cradle, and... well... Clovis' own Vault, which is also there. The spores pose quite a problem..." And she had no solution to said problem. The spores themselves would seek their way inside her filters, and clog up, causing an overheat. Given how damaged she was, that was a risk she was unwilling to take.

MAIN SCENARIO QUEST:

"You're too kind, Cherry." Abzu replied with a smile, ruffling the young girl's hair in a rather friendly manner. "Just be careful. Don't let others take advantage of you, okay? Can you promise me that?" She had taken a liking to this girl. Few actually seemed to care about Abzu's own well-being. She was a robot, ultimately expendable. She expected nothing else from others. Cherry seemed to see the android in a different light, much like Thierry and her other friends.

"Haha... maybe. I shouldn't be so negative. It accomplishes nothing." Abzu chuckled softly, staring into the fire. "Though the threat we were dealing with... It was not the Demons." She left it vague on purpose. Cherry did not need to know about the struggles Abzu and her friends had to deal with. It was over now, anyway. In the past. She convinced herself of that too. "They were the best friends a robot like me could ever ask for." She saw the fleeting image of her friends before her mind's eye. Those days were gone... All that remained was the memories she cherished so dearly. But even time would eventually erase all of it.

"Go get some rest, young one. I can tell you've had quite a long day." Abzu smiled, looking at the young girl again. "I'm not going anywhere. You can rest easy. If anything happens, I'll protect you."

[EXIT]

Last edited by Jerry on Sun May 30, 2021 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat May 29, 2021 6:26 pm

"I am fine with that! Trust me, all you need to do is tell me where they probably are or what they look like." Cherry was deadset on helping her new found friend out. Even if she where to fail, at least she could take comfort in trying to help out Abzu. "The cradle?" Cherry muttered under her breath, that makes things a whole lot harder. But still not a impossible task. "I know a guy who goes there alot. And I also know another guy that sells masks, it may take me a little bit, but I promise I'll get you what you need miss abzu!" If Cherry couldn't help her friends, then there would be no way that she could be able to save Paris. But Cherry believed in herself. Even if there was a hint os doubt hiding in her mind, her heart was louder. And it was telling her she could do this. She would help Abzu, save Paris, save the world.

The teen would blush and let out a little chuckle as Abzu rsn her hand through her messy hair. "Yeah I promise." The girl would nod her head, agreeing with her statement about trying to not be so negative. Although when she made a comment about their enemy not being demons, her eyebrows would arch in suprise. She wanted to ask what they where fighting, but in a sudden moment of maturity, realized that this may be a soft spot for the woman and did not comment on it.

"Thank you miss Abzu, if you need some rest just wake me up and I'll take watch. I am really good at it, I used to watch for my mom all the time." She'd say before laying down on the ground, grtting comfortable. "*Yawn* Good night miss Abzu." After that Cherry would slowly fall asleep, a small little smile on her face as the fire kept her warm for the night. And most importantly, she had the knowledge that she had made a new friend. And that helped her sleep peacefully more than anything else...........

[Exit]

Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) EmptySat May 29, 2021 6:39 pm

"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) Persona_3_tarot_card_deck_hr___fool_arcana_by_enetirnel_d6xr7xr-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ0MyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEyMjc4ZWQ2LWZkMTItNGE2MC1iZDBiLWU4NTQwZWQwOGZjMlwvZDZ4cjd4ci1iM2E4ZmM2My0zZmFiLTRmNGUtYTg3Mi04Y2Y0ODI3ZWNhMTkucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ
A Bond Has Been Forged...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)   "I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL) Empty

Back to top Go down

"I robot. And I Cherry." (Cherry and Abzu SL)
Page 1 of 1