Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks Empty
PostSubject: Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks   Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks EmptySun May 09, 2021 3:59 pm

Alright, first off, I wanna thank Vini for their tireless work on Calculating all the stat growth from Persona Users and everyone else. The overall goal is to create an environment where all classes are in some form of equilibrium. I don't think it's possible to get this site completely balanced, and I think that's okay, to an extent. So long as we don't have anything that completely breaks the game in half, I think having a few outlier things is... for the most part, fine, so long as they don't hurt the overall experience too much. I mean, every game has this, right? (Well, except maybe games like Chess, where both players are essentially on equal footing at the start?)

I just want to preface this update with "Enjoyment" and "Flavor" in mind. In the end, if the story, and gameplay are fun to play, that's all that matters to me.

Brace yourselves. This is gonna be another long one.

Guns and Ammunition:

So me and Philemon have two entirely different views on how the gun should be used. To me, the gun is less of a build-around, and more of a tool in your toolbox (Similiar to the idea of Umbral Skills.), while Philemon viewed it more as a Buildaround. While both approaches to this are fine, mixing them ultimately doesn't work as well as I initially thought, and as such, Ammunition can now be replenished Mid-Dungeon at Ammo Boxes. These are like Gas Stations for your gun. You don't have to stop by and spend a turn to grab ammo. All you have to do is walk past an Ammo Box, and you'll restore any used BASIC ammunition that you may have used. Other Ammunition Types (Such as Incendiary, Freezing or High Caliber) still require you to swing by Devah's Shop and buy more of them in case you run out. That should solve the general ammo problem.

Personas, and Miracles:

Another big point of contention was how I am planning on every class to earn a Secondary Evolution to their Supernatural Power, and in doing so buffed the Persona User's Stat Gain to +12 per level.

In hindsight, this wasn't a great idea, but I think overall, streamlining all the Classes Stat gains, and similiar level up requirements for the first stage in uses, kills and so on, barring the Attendant, as they gain skills from their friends (which makes their choices rather limited). So as a Result, I am lowering all Overall Stat boosts to 8 rather than 12 on the initial stage, and I'm slowing down the Persona User's Skill Progression to match that of their peers. While I get that this removes some of the class's Slow Burn identity, in giving everyone a second stage, I felt like this was a necessary change.

So now Rank Ups grant you the following

+8 Points to PpStr, PmStr, Dex and Luck. Speed is being put on the shelf for now. HP and SP are increased by 24 Per level up, with 8 Points to distribute freely as you want. The Distributable Starting stats are 24 for all classes from here on out, until this changes.

Rogues are also getting a Class Ability Rework.  

Unstable Radiance:

Why? Because with Overdose, getting a Second Persona with Access to Exo Overdose would give them access to FOUR total movesets, which in essence turned them into Budget Wild Cards, and greatly diminishes the value in having Umbral Skills at all.

So, earlier I did mention that every class is getting a Second Stage now. I might as well touch on another change that's happening with the Removal of the Ultimate Persona for PU's and ASSW's. The Miracle Skill is staying, but it is something you have to earn. Once your Prime/Mutated Persona is Maxed out, Message me, and I'll open up a Quest for you specifically to complete. Upon completing this Quest, you'll be awarded with a Miracle Skill that's tied to your character.

In case you don't know what a Miracle Skill is, think of it as a "Plot Device" ability. A Spell made specifically to give an individual a big weight in swaying the story. Usually these come with some consequences of their use, with the strongest of them all, like "The Great Seal" for instance, invokes the character's permanent death after their use. The consequences of course vary based on the Scale and Impact the skill itself has. This has been a skill type in on the site since the early days of Ueitawa, when Hibiki Nakahara Sealed the World of Limbo within himself using the Great Seal. Back then, this was an ability even Primes had access to (and I'm not even sure if a 3rd level was even conceptualized yet), so there is precadence for Primes to have this level of power on the site already.

Umbral Skill Changes:

Another thing that was brought up by Vini was that a few of the Umbral Skills had some qualities about them which made them completely break the system, and is arguably the biggest mistake I made. I didn't catch these myself, but thankfully we can nip that problem in the bud right now, before it got out of hand.

The Following Skills are getting Reworked

Smoldering Touch
Whisper of Shards
Static Charge
Slipstream
Armor Fracture
Rejuvenate
Reconstruction

Changes

Smoldering Touch is being changed into: Steelskin | Increase a Target's Resistance to Physical Damage by 15% or, increase their damage with Strike attacks by 15% for 3 turns. (Chosen at pickup) | 10% HP | Umbral Skill | Tier 1 (0/20 Uses to Level Up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 6% HP)

Whisper of Shards is being changed into: Distract | Lower an enemy's Luck or damage output with Physical Attacks by 15% (Chosen at Pickup) | 10% HP | Umbral Skill | Tier 1 (0/20 Uses to Level Up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 6% HP)

Slipstream is being changed into: Goad | Raise your damage resistance against either slash, strike or pierce by 30% for a turn, and one enemy of your choosing has to target you. | 9 SP | Umbral Skill | Tier 1 (0/20 Uses to Level Up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 5  SP)

Static Charge is being changed into: Duress | 25% chance to inflict one enemy with either Panic or Fear (chosen at pickup) | 9% HP | Umbral Skill | Tier 1 (Inflict 0/15 enemies with Fear/Panic with this skill to Level Up it up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 5% HP)

And Armor Fracture is being changed into: Harrowing Scream | 25% chance to inflict one enemy with either Distress or Despair | 9% HP | Umbral Skill | Tier 1 (Inflict 0/15 enemies with Distress/Despair with this skill to Level Up it up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 5% HP)

Finally, Reconstruction and Rejuvenation are being replaced with 2 Physical Skills.

Zan-Ei | Inflicts a small amount of Slash damage to a single enemy. If it crits, restore 5% of your Maximum HP | 8 SP | Tier 1 (Restore a total of 30% health with this skill to Level Up it up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 5 SP)

Getsu-Ei | Inflicts a small amount of Strike damage to a single target. If it Crits, your next Physical attack will gain a 10% bonus to its damage. | 8 SP | Tier 1 (Boost 6 skills with this skill to Level Up it up to Tier 2 Or Lower its cost to 6 SP)

The Aeon Arcana is also recieving a small overhaul. Instead of Bolstering Passives, it now gives a 15% boost to Gun Damage and Gun Damage Resistance.

And I *think* That's everything I needed to cover here. The streamlining to Rank Up begins after I've posted this. Take care
Back to top Go down

Oh boy, Reworks for the billionth time. Lets hope it sticks
Page 1 of 1