Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Empty
PostSubject: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 12:49 am

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] O56non

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Tumblr_na3zf8gimy1toqhwfo1_500

You'd think if someone heard the groans of discomfort that people were dying inside the Squire Program. It wasn't entirely a misnomer, but no one was being seriously injured. Today in particular, training regimen had no instructor and quizzically it was Nameless who was asked to cover for it. It would only take under an hour, but the fact that this may become a future thing for her did not make her happy, and the students less so for it. Many of them would be doing series of long exercises from 500 pushups, to 5 minute jumping jacks, and other grueling assignments. Most of them seemed to go by fast if only because the short-spoken cold woman's words ensured that something far worse awaited them if they failed. She was told that notes would need to be taught based on other matters such as battle strategy but that she was ultimately free to add any physical labor or details to it. However, tactics were always best practiced in the field, but since that could not be done she had to call in a Cadet. She had randomly pulled up the list and dialed a number, leaving a message essentially demanding he come and offer input on the tactics they were going to learn. He was of course given general ideas such as parrying, blocking, and other general combat maneuvers. She did not actually take much time to actually see who it was, or if she did the memory of them left her. Still, she would await till he arrived before letting the students free from their work out. Any amount of mercy would not properly prepare them for what was out there.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 10:24 am

Albrecht was going to follow through his day as usual, gather his belongings and then return to the church so he could keep on training. Until he received a message, he expected it to be Patty or Maria but when he picked up the phone it was someone else. Nameless, she requested his presence to aid with the Squire Program. He was initially taken back by such message, honestly he didn't expect her to want him anywhere near her vicinity. Then he felt bothered, he'd have take off time from his day to fulfill her request, the knight couldn't really deny it when it came from the Queen's personal body guard.

The cadet would make his way to the spot where the Squire Program was being held, he had his weapon case on his back. His coat was currently absent, wearing instead a dark gray tank top with his other usual attire. With his arms and shoulders exposed one could see he had a couple of scars on his body.

"Albrecht Frost, reporting to duty." He spoke, serious and formal, while approaching nameless.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 1:00 pm

The first thing he would see when walking in were several students on the floor, either attempting pushups or on their side clutching at their abdomens in agony. Nameless glowered at them with a cold stare and may have said something were it not for Albrecht walking through the door in time. Her eyes thinned every so lightly when she recognized the Cadet she had called upon. It wasn't as though she despised the man yet, but it was perhaps a strange twist of fate that they met up again after their last meeting. Still Nameless refused to betray any kind of emotion on her face as she took a few steps toward him. "Very good, you did arrive. We can actually get started. These f......students are almost done with their practice, and soon we will be hitting actual combat maneuvers as I mentioned. You will be giving them the idea on basic ones, and I can demonstrate them on the students or you if you prefer." At the notion of physical training ending, several who could still speak and understand let out hefty sighs of relief. Nameless looked at the remaining students and surveying the progress. "Finish up and grab your studying materials including your practice weaponry. This shouldn't take too long." As if their families were held hostage, many of them quickly got up with little struggle to grab their stuff before looking for a place to sit. Nameless hoped they weren't thinking physical training was over. If anything, they should consider this a break.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Albrecht would only take one side glance at the students, there was no compassion or sympathy for them. Only indifference in his eyes. After all, how could he care? His training was harsher and he came out stronger from it. If you are to try something, you should give your best at it. Anything bellow that is insulting. They seemed relieved for a moment, he doubted their training was over. His sights would quickly set back on nameless, imposing and impressive as always.

"Very well. I'm thinking of passing down the basics, stances and basic swings, let them try out for a bit. Then put to the test through duels with me, see if they learned anything." He spoke while his attention diverted to the scrambling students for a moment, there was a brief moment of silence before he returned his eyes to nameless. "...Of course, if you believe it would be better to demonstrate it, i am willing to be subject to it."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyWed May 01, 2019 3:09 pm

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Tumblr_nb99aobavE1rgfjr4o1_500

Nameless nods quickly to Albrecht's suggestion. He seemed to be far more ready to get to the matter at hand which was good to see. "That's good. Show them how you use them, and I will stand here if you need a model. After he goes through them, you all will attempt to do the same onto him." She stayed standing in the middle of room and allowed Albrecht to show demonstrations of any stance he had in mind on her. He wouldn't necessarily need to hit her if just showing, but he could attempt to if he thought it was the better idea. Regardless of what he did in however much time he needed Nameless would look towards a student with an icy stare. "You first. Form up in a line behind them." There would be a slight hesitation before a sort of line showed up near them, awaiting their future tribulations. Albrecht had several practice weapons ready to use if he needed them or if the students had to use them, but during the demonstrations, he was going to be in charge of actually putting them through the gauntlet.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySat May 04, 2019 5:12 pm

The Knight would nod before his eyes looked down at the practice weapons, he eyed them one by one, searching for the two-handed sword or at least something that approximated one. He picked it up with one hand, gave it a couple of swings before his attention turned back to the students. He wouldn't need a model for his demonstration.

"Everyone get a two handed practice sword and pay attention. I'm going to teach some sword techniques and guards." And with that Albrecht would begin his lesson, he'd first go through the stances. He'd demonstrate them and explain their purpose, such as how the middle and long guard are safe but don't allow for many attacks other than thrusts, high guard allows for powerful blows but leaves your torso open to attacks. He'd also demonstrate a few attacks you can perform from each stance. The knight didn't waste much time on it of course. After he was done he'd tap the sword on the ground, causing a loud echo across the gym to call attention to himself.

"Now, pick a partner and try to duel each other for a bit. I'll be observing." The cadet spoke loudly, he'd give them a moment to organize themselves. If they didn't, there would be another one, telling them to hurry up. Albrecht would check each of the students dueling each other, he'd correct their stance whenever he saw mistake, he'd answer any questions about the stances should they have any. If any of them were half-assing it he'd give them a cold stare, and if even then they didn't work hard... He'd simply remember their faces for later.

Yet again there was a another loud tap on the ground.

"Form a line, each one of you is gonna duel me one by one. Show me that you have learned something." Albrecht would stand a couple of meters away from where the line would be formed, training sword by his side.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyWed May 08, 2019 4:39 pm

The students were listening and getting to their work. Most approached it about what you might expect; few grasping it very well, most doing a passable job, and some being particularly sloppy. Nameless nodded thoughtfully at the idea of instruction that Albrecht gave. It had not occurred to her to allow cooperative learning. It would force the students to figure out if they knew it and who the superior was among their peers. She decided she would add an extra element to the lesson as they practiced their stances: As they attempted to duel one another, she would have picked up a practice blade of her own and would take a swipe at some of the students, attempting to catch them off guard. It...went about as well as you might expect with most falling over, taking a big wallop to the head or being tripped up. One exceptional student being able to turn left and block her attack. Granted he still stumbled back and hit the floor, but it even allowed Nameless to give a nod only to them, before allowing Albrecht to continue the lesson. "I expect no mercy to be given, your enemies won't give that you you so don't expect it here." To that end she would observe the students attempt to take on Albrecht though she did not expect much from them. It was far more likely that the experienced Cadet would finish them rather quickly, but the lesson would still be learned provided they took something away from it.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySat May 11, 2019 5:48 pm

They were doing about as well as Albrecht had expected, which is to say not very, Nameless was also overseeing their spar, he was going easy on them compared to her training regiment. Civilians, they are soft and not prepared for combat, made him wonder why they signed up at all if they were not up to the task. No matter, they would be taught not to slack off soon enough. He'd get his training weapon in position, Albrecht would hit as if he dueling one of his fellow knights, not to break or incapacitate but to cause pain and leave marks for a while so they would be reminded. He wouldn't go easy or hold back in terms of technique however, those who were sloppy would suffer the most simply as a consequence of their lack of technique.

"Keep slacking off and it will get worse. Take time to analyze how i was able to overcome you. Its not just speed or strength, technique is key." Albrecht seemed to sigh in disappointed, though if any of them somehow had performed well. He'd give them acknowledgement in the form of a nod. "Find your previous partner and start dueling again, see if you have learned anything. Defeat and pain are as much of a teacher as practice."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptySun May 12, 2019 11:37 pm

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Tumblr_nbjo52yCp51qa94xto2_250

The students hardly seemed to change much from the time she was teaching them to the time Albrecht took over which was a shame; though she hardly thought much of it. If they were going to be this week they would eventually drop out and have no need to be here. Regardless, it could be said that some were learning. Though many were in pain, people at least took more practice with each other seriously and seemed to fail somewhat less. "Very well. Continue as you may, unless Albrecht has something else to add." She at this point was allowing him to take the lead. For what it was worth he was adapting to the situation which was to be respected. As the students practiced, she took a few paces towards Albrecht and spoke lower; not quite a whisper but low enough to where it was fairly hard to overhear. "I cannot say you disappointed. It was going to be an issue if I was the only one bound here. Do you aspire to be a higher Class, or a teacher of sorts?" Her tone was still ice cold, and no emotion was given away, but it did seem like she was willing to speak to him for the moment and humor a kind of conversation. If anything, it gave her more information about him and his character; something she should always be on the lookout for.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:19 am

There was some result, albeit minimal and barely noticeable. Everybody starts somewhere, if they keep pushing hard they might get somewhere, maybe even be able to stand up for themselves in the times of need. Albrecht was surprised he was taking any satisfaction from this at all, it was odd as he never saw himself as the leader or teacher type. Still on that subject, Nameless had approached him with a question on the nature of rank and teaching.

"Glad to be of aid, Ma'am."The cadet needed some time to think, about a minute or so before his mouth opened.

"I'm just out to perform my job. If the burden of leadership or high rank falls onto me, so be it. I'll perform it to the best of my abilities. Same goes for teaching." People think of leading as a benefit, a privilege, and it certainly has those aspects but its first and foremost a duty, you have a duty with those you are leading. " And if i am to ascend through the ranks of the cadets its merely a result of my efforts, and admittedly i won't deny its benefits or the recognition. They allow me to perform my task more effectively after all. But status is hardly my goal."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:52 pm

So he seems to be very straightforward. She noted that while that in and of itself is a good tenant to go by.....she pushed the thought somewhere else. It didn't matter either way. The point is that he can do his job and nothing else particularly mattered. "I see. I shall call upon you next time I am asked to do something like this again." She took a look at the students and watched them continue to practice. Did any of them actually have any potential to continue forward? The question more than normal stayed on her mind for a few moments as she likely would not meet with them for the foreseeable future; she after all had her own duties to perform. She looked back to Albrecht and adjusted her hat. "What do you think of this? Any hope for these children based on what you see?"
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyTue May 14, 2019 11:50 pm

He gave her a nod, he didn't particularly enjoy this but if it is the will of his superiors, then so be it. He will perform it a thousand times if necessary. Though his style, or at the very least his ideal, was of one master and one student. It was how it happened in Helsreach, neophytes were taken by full fledged knights who would personally train them. It was violent and extraneous but each knight came out stronger out of it.

The lion's attention was then draw to the students after her question. He already had his answer of course, but he felt like pondering for a bit longer.

"It is all a matter of opportunity and will. They have the opportunity right now, if they have the will to achieve new heights then yes." He pauses for a moment, his attention returning to the impressive woman. "Though there's only so good you can get and still maintain a normal civilian life. I doubt they want too, and don't think they should. The path of war is for a few... At the very least they can stay healthy and manage to not be utterly helplessly in combat."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] EmptyThu May 16, 2019 1:31 am

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Tumblr_nz786fpuT81u8hp8jo1_400

The blue woman nodded. Some were simply not cut out for battle, and naturally were not going to find a place here as far as she herself was concerned. Soon it would approach the time where students were finishing practice, and with Nameless or Albrecht's permission, they would begin leaving, setting the weapons aside. She calmly watched everyone leave, Albrecht and her the only remaining two inside the room. "Your work is acknowledged. You are dismissed from here." After which, she curtly began to walk towards the exit and did not look back unless Albrecht had anything else to say to her. It wasn't necessary to continue the conversation; she learned enough about him and if nothing else would remember him should they cross paths again.

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Htn5KzO

Albrecht of the Emperor Arcana has formed a Social Link with No Name of the Empress Arcana...

Social Qualities:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]   A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Review On Failure [Albrecht - Nameless]
Page 1 of 1