Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Alone(Gabe) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Alone(Gabe) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Alone(Gabe) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Alone(Gabe) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Alone(Gabe) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Alone(Gabe) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Alone(Gabe) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Alone(Gabe) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Alone(Gabe) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Alone(Gabe)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Ricky was alone that evening. The sun was partially setting and he had decided to cast out his rod over the river as usual. This was one of the few things you found find the young man doing that did not involve being alone or just sitting around. Being that he had just recovered out of his depression and was suddenly catapulted into a new and unexpected life this was to be expected. Change was not a sudden on the whim thing for most people, but a gradual one over time.

His rod was cast out on the river way, but nothing was currently biting. The young man had several thoughts pulsating through his brain as the lure remained within the water. What was he going to do next? Was he really on the right side? What about all those new violent thoughts in his head? Too much to think about, but not enough answers. He sighed as his line remained in the water.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Believe it or not, that same evening, Gabe was also heading out to go fishing in the river. Carrying his usual supplies of worm bait and a secure fishing line, he even had his signature hook that seems to work every single time. Inside of his box, Gabe also maintained a first aid kit, three different sets of bobbers, a pair of pliers and a line cutter.

Walking over to the river in order to fish, Gabe was actually picking this carefree exercise in order to lower a bit of his stress. He's been going through a lot these past few days, and being able to unwind and take his mind off of it would do him some good.

"Hello friend, mind if i join you there?"

Seeing as if a person is already there at the area around that he usually fishes, he simply decided to ask and find out if it was ok for gabe to sit there.
Back to top Go down

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:23 pm

It appeared that Ricky would be interrupted from his train of strange and unusual thoughts by the soun d of someone approaching him from behind. Turning around Ricky would observe that it was a rather well dressed guy, who looked to be in some odd attire to be going fishing today. When asked about if it was fine from him to sit there, Ricky would oblige him. Oh yeah sure, you can sit down here.Ricky said, clearly allowing for him to sit down next to him.

There weren't exactly any fish currently biting down upon Ricky's rod, so for the most part he was stuck waiting there. I've caught a few snappers here so far, I think the river is full of them.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 pm

"Ahh, and here i was thinking that you would know the secrets of this spot and shoo me away. The secret being..."

Gabe sitting down about a foot away from the man and starting to set up his own rod and line.

"That you can catch fish constantly in this particular area. Maybe it's because the source of food that they tend to go for is at this side of the river? Maybe it's because they trust it. However, just like goldfish, even if there was more than enough nourishment to fill their bellies, fish can't help but to have more. That's one of the reasons why I like to use live bait"

After loosening his line in the river, Gabe took a deep breath.

"I'm Gabe! So, what's your name? Fish here often?"
Back to top Go down

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:03 pm

I don't know much about the fish here.... I just started fishing myself actually.Ricky really did not know anything about this particular fishing spot at all, and was rather clueless torwards the key to catching any kind of fish, he had simply followed a guide towards fishing and assembled all the gear he needed in order to fish.

Ricky was sitting down in his position, holding his rod out currently cast over the river.

Well....Yeah! Thats why fish come after the bait, because they think its food.
Ricky was not exactly very sure on what to say in response to Gabe currently, when he had introduced himself the young forgotten figured to introduce himself too. Well my name is Ricky, I fish here sometimes and just come here to do that.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:22 pm

"Well, nice to meet you Ricky. Like I was trying to say before, this place does have a pretty special quality about it. Some of the fish tend to choose it as a feeding grounds of some sort, maybe the amoebas like to buzz around this part of the river more or something? Not too sure myself, but I can say that I even managed to find a moy fish and took it in as a pet for a friend of mine, so this place really is something."

He was talking alot, but he didn't find people that shared the same passion for fishing that he contained too often. He also figured that this person may have had as much patience as Gabe had. Or quite possibly, the patience that Gabe had to a degree.  

"So why do you like fishing?"
Back to top Go down

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Maybe its just the place itself?Ricky did not exactly have much to say when it came to talking about well anything, he wasn't the socialable type and these types of conversations didn't come very easily to him. Nor was he very motivated to encourage in Gabe at the moment. It wasn't a lack of interest in the young man, but rather his own personal difficulties that left him thinking on how to really say anything to him. What is a moy fish? Staring awkwardly at Gabe wouldn't have helped the situation, so Ricky opted to say whatever he could think of at the time.

I can't say I know why I like fishing actually. It just seemed to be my thing, I don't know, I just picked up a rod one day and decided to try it. How about you?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 5:47 am

"A River Moy salmon, it's a huge fish, looks like a big piece of work. You might need a decent sized tank in order to properly take care of it, but he was more intrigued with the size and wanted to keep it around instead of eating it, so I let him have it. But still, i think i could of earned a quick 80 bucks if i went to the nearest sushi spot and offered this up. "

As for the time he started fishing and why, Gabe felt like it was simple.

"Well, at first, I was dragged here with my dad. After the great divide, I come here for the solitude and the silence. When money is tight, this does help, but I doubt anyone really sees it that way, that times can still get hard. "
Back to top Go down

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 10:19 am

Wow. I've only seen the regular salmon.Ricky had not dived very deep into the idea of fish breeds in any way, he only could recognize the basic ones such as basses or salmons or goldfish even. He wasn't exactly much of a fish fanatic, nor did he desire to be. I come here myself for the money, I didn't really have many option. Times were always hard if you thought about it given they were living in a world infested with demons and strange creatures and all sorts of odd terrorist violence going on in the night time of Endymion.

I like to think times just aren't that hard right now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 5:16 am

"Ah, money. Yes, like i was trying to say before, it's definitely a good price that you can sell the fish for if you ever manage to catch some. I think there is a guy at the backlight district that owns a fresh fish store that would pay top dollar for it if you manage to catch something pretty good. Then again, if you were doing this long enough, I bet you already found yourself a buyer."

With Gabe releasing his line into the river, he would then start to look straight ahead and focus a bit, wondering if anything would bite.

"Or maybe the hard times are the things you can't really see? It might all look normal now, but the people suffering isn't necessarily brought to our attention as a community or as a whole. Times aren't hard for people who have money.......maybe."
Back to top Go down

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Yeah, You can make alot of money just selling these fishes.It was very odd to Ricky, having a actually stable means of income instead of just barely scraping by like a NEET and freeloading off of society. The concept of contributing meaningfully to the cogs that made up Endymion made him feel a little weird inside. When gabe decided to become a philosopher and go on talking about how the hard times are not something you easily see, it made Ricky flash back to his own life for a minute. Nobody had really observed him when he was suffering or in pain. All he had done was wallow in his own lack of self worth for a very long time and awkwardly wander around endymion. Much like a ghost.

Yeah....The forgotten said while staring out with his line cast out into the sea. Perhaps the hard times in life really were something that could not be easily seen.Money solves alot of problems, but it doesn't...Solve everything.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 2:01 pm

If only that could be the case that money could solve everything, then the only thing that you had to do is to become one of the upper epsilons of society in order to survive in the world. But what does that mean for anyone else? If you were in a position to care about anyone else, what exactly could you do for them? Would there be anything that they could settle as a coping mechanism for this?

"Oh... i got a bite...."

Starting to reel it in, the fish was fighting back just a little bit in order to break free. However, Gabe has been doing this for quite some time and brought the fish over to his side. It was an average size, but the man was still happy about his catch.

"I guess it's the simple things like this that makes it all worth it. "

Gabe started to put his catch away.

"I couldn't stay long, but I'm glad I found something here. If you are a little dry on your end, maybe it's the bait? I can lend you some worms..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alone(Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone(Gabe)   Alone(Gabe) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alone(Gabe)
Page 1 of 1