Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) Empty
PostSubject: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Everyone had to sleep. Even emo kids. And in this particular night, when the boy named Cecil had went to sleep, it was not an ordinary night of sweet dreams that would await him, nor was it what one could consider a fearsome nightmare with no escape. Instead, the moment his eyes had shut, the boy felt compelled once more to open his eyes. Yet rather than his normal room, the view instead was one of blue. A deep blue with walls like cushion. A weight was around his wrists, and it would only take a moment for him to realise that the reason for this was chains - chains that if he concentrated on it, would know was the very same as those from his persona summoning.

And standing patiently before him was a single woman in blue, golden eyes gazing down at him with no hint of emotive response in them. At her hip was a long, golden cutlass, and in her hand was a large black tome. Waiting for him to look in her direction, the woman in blue spoke, voice stern and full of authority.

"Welcome, Psyche Terrorist. To the Velvet Room."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 am

Something felt wrong. All too very wrong. He felt distinctly awake, and instead of the comforts of his bed, he felt a mass of overlapping chains wrapping around and arcing over his body. His eyes opened to the harsh metal of the chains and a very familiar shade of blue.
As he tried to push himself to his feet, some of the chains slid off his back to allow is dropping only to sharply pull on his limbs where they entwined them and connected to a set of shackles.
Were those always there? The chains usually broke before anything like this happened.
This time though, they didn't break no matter how much he tried, and the massive weight was exhausting.

At the voice, his attention turned from himself to another in the familiar blue tones of this place, and as he heard where he was he couldn't help but grimace. "Oh god...were you, Safie, and...whoever else this place's 'master' keep locked up here and clueless not enough? Did you have to try and get me stuck in here too?" There was a pained sound to his voice, measures of anger and pity in his eyes as he looked at the woman and her anachronistic wear.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Truly, the boy's reaction was not at all what Mina had expected. She had expected confusion, and maybe panic, not anger and distress. Indeed, it seemed he had at least a mild modicum of understanding of where they were, even if his presumptions were... Completely incorrect. Still, she couldn't help but let out a dry chuckle. Voice calm and calculated, Mina spoke, first opting to address his errors. "I admit, your reaction to this place amuses me. When I called you here, I had not expected you to be aware of the existence of this place. But, from your reaction, I can also ascertain that you have no idea what this place truly is. It would seem... Safie, was it? Perhaps she was too eccentric in her role as an attendant, and for that, I apologise. Fear not. You are not trapped here. I summoned you here so that you and I may speak, and once we are done, you will return to your slumber. All that transpires within here, you are experiencing as a dream. But, that is not important."

Holding her book out in front of her in her left hand, Mina allowed the pages to float open on their own, as if the book itself was alive. Then, as if reading from a registry, she spoke. "Cecil Erinforth. Persona wielder of the personality Ankou. In order to save us both some precious time, I shall introduce myself while saving you the need. I am Mina, a resident of the Velvet Room, and one who presides over power. I called you here to talk, with hopes we might reach an arrangement. Now, before I progress... Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 1:31 pm

"I - I'm sorry, you took over my dreams to drag me here for a conversation?" He just stares at Mina for a moment, before sighing and rolling his eyes. "Sure! Why not! No more crazy than floating doors that don't exist to anyone else!" Shaking his head, he gives another tug on the chains before giving it up. "Hope this doesn't ruin my sleep..."

Cecil looks on impassively as Mina gives their introduction, and gives her a frustrated little nod as she opens things up for questions. "You have idea. So, to clear things up - why the hell am I in a heaping pile of chains right now? Why was Safie, and presumably more of you, stuck here basically their entire lives and left clueless about the world? And...aaaagh." He tries to run his fingers through his hair, to scowl when the shackles don't let him. "...I forgot the last one, but you can assume it was also a signal I was unimpressed with the way of this place."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Despite how much Cecil's reaction amused her, Mina's facial expression remained entirely stoic and unchanging from a neutral position now as she listened to what would turn out to just be a lot of complaints. As he finished, Mina slammed her book shut with an authority filled thud that resounded the velvet padded cell. As the tome closed, she nodded, tucking it under her arm, before speaking up once more. "Firstly, as a preface to all of these questions, allow me to apologise. It would appear that this Safie had... Failed in her role as a guide and attendant. Now, to answer your questions and complaints, in order. First and foremost, I brought you here for a conversation as it would be the most effective method without taking up time. For you see, the Velvet Room exists between Dream and Reality, Mind and Matter. This means that, while you may be experiencing this in a dream, time will move much differently in the real world. In truth, you will lose no sleep over this, but retain memory of this conversation. Considering that you fight demons and the supernatural on the regular however, I expect this won't be too surprising for you. As for the chains, those come with the very nature of the Velvet Room. For you see, this room is an extension of your very heart. Just like your persona is a personification of another personality within you, this room represents the interior of your psyche. Did you not think of why you must break chains to summon your powers forth?"

She paused, allowing it to sink in for but a moment, before resuming. "Those chains represent your freedom within society as a whole. Their weight is the weight you carry with you every day, but never notice. Never think about. In time, as you further your bonds with your fellow, and develop as a Psyche Terrorist, you may find that their weight loosens. The possibilities of the heart are endless in that regard. As for our misunderstandings about your world... Well, unlike you, we Velvet Attendants are not born. Indeed, we exist at the will of the Velvet Room itself, with our very purpose being to aid prospective guests such as yourself in achieving your potential. Of course, we will not interfere, and every choice you make is your own. We merely desire to see where your story will thus lead, as well as provide assistance without overstepping our bounds. Now..."

Snapping her fingers, Mina gestured towards where Cecil currently sat, where now a quill and piece of paper were on his lap. "That there is the reason of which I called you here. That is a contract. The terms of it are simple. We of the Velvet Room will provide aid to you as best we can while watching you grow as a person and as a persona user. In return, we simply ask that you accept any consequences that may come of your actions. I'm sure in your panicky state you won't wish to sign immediately of course, so, if you wish to ask anything before signing, I will happily answer questions."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Throughout the entire schpiel, Cecil simply nodded along, listening and making a little noise when something he was told seemed to make sense of things.
He seemed...surprised, though, when he was told that their existences were a creation of the space he now inhabited. He seemed pained again, but for somewhat different reasons than before. He found himself lost in thought, barely even registering it as the quill and paper appeared on his person. Idly, he picked up the contract and traced the words with his eyes, but his mind remained elsewhere. "You're...still people, though. Even with...where you came from. If nothing else, I saw that..." He looks up, the words of the contract not finding purchase in his mind. "...it still doesn't feel right that you're stuck here, doing all of this...you were made for it, but you had no say in it." He shakes his head. "It...doesn't seem that far off from what I'm trying to put an end to out there. I know you can leave, but...why don't you? What stops you from just...going? Seeing what could be out there for you other than...this?"
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm

An interesting guest indeed. The sudden shift in mood truly intrigued her, but regardless Mina stood at attention, and waited patiently. Then, as he finished, posing his multiple questions, Mina allowed him to catch his breath, before speaking up once more to break the silence.

"In truth, nothing stops us from leaving. I believe you saw this first hand with Safie. But, we are like children in that regard. Imagine you were but a newborn, cast out into the world alone. You would not be able to make sense of anything around you, the whole universe an abstract concept that goes right over your head as you first learn to move around without falling over. To us, beyond basic knowledge, we know little inherently. For me, I am content with aiding whoever shall be my guest, or perhaps guests. Perhaps through helping them, and through witnessing their fate, I may find my own reason for living. But, to dive into an open world without any expectation or preparation would be something foolish of me."

Pausing, Mina gave a light chuckle once more. "You truly are an interesting one to worry about things such as that. Let your mind be at ease however. We are treated well here, and I only wish my Master were not too busy with his own personal guest to witness those we minor attendants invite. I assure you, you would quite like him if you were to meet him. His nose is truly quite the marvel to behold."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 7:45 pm

"...oh." His expression turned meek as he was faced with what was altogether a far too logical answer to deny. One that he...already had evidence for.
You could not call Safie anyone remotely in tune with the world. And honestly, he dreaded to think what sort of situations they might have gotten themselves into through their wanderings throughout it. "As if I didn't need more reason to worry about them..."

He shook his head clear before he could wander too far down that mental track, only to find yet more things that raised questions. "I...that's good to know, but...his...nose...? Just - just what exactly makes it so...marvelous?"
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 12:51 pm

"Simply put, his nose is roughly 11 inches long, at least according to a glance. I have yet to receive permission from him to measure it, alas, although I suppose I do lack the necessary equipment to do so. Now, allow me to go into the details of the contract once again, as it seems that, according to your expression, it is making a miniscule modicum of sense now."

Pausing to double check Cecil's expression or lack of attempting to avoid the situation, Mina found herself content, speaking up. "First, I shall inform you of how we at the Velvet Room can aid. As a general rule, there are a variety of... Services we can provide to aid you in your development as a persona user, and as a person. For example, my siblings may aid you in the creation of fantastical weapons or items to aid you in your... Shall we say, forays into danger and the supernatural. Another service that I personally do not offer, but is offered by a sibling of mine, is that you may test your limits against fearsome foes, seeing where your current potential is, your strength as it were, and getting an apt reward in exchange. Myself personally, should you choose to accept the terms, can allow you to... Refine your future by altering your past. Somewhat. Every person has doubts in their heart, no? Well, the sword at my side is not merely for show. Should you sign the contract and enlist yourself as my guest, I will be able to utilise my sword to help ease your doubts about the past. This in turn will lead to... A bit more clarity in what your persona or simply yourself, is capable of. I cannot actually alter the past, but instead, allow the subconscious depths of your heart to better come to terms with it... So long as you desire and have the will to, of course."

Tapping at the sword to her side, Mina nodded as she continued. "These services of course won't be free. Firstly, you must uphold your end of the bargain in order to access them. This simply means accepting that any actions you take will have consequences, and that these consequences are yours, and yours alone. Any secondary requirements will vary depending on the service of course. Now, before you sign, or perhaps opt not to sign, are there any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

"11. Inches. Long."
Somehow, amongst the demons and brain ghosts and doors, this was the most absurd thing he'd managed to hear yet.
"...I guess that explains how big the place is. Narrow halls would be hell with a nose that big..."

Once more, he found himself subject to a long schpiel about the Velvet Room and its workings. He didn't say anything, this time, but...his eyes drifted to the sword that hung at Mina's waist.
"...I...don't think I have any questions."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

"Very well. The quill and contract are on your lap. If you wish to sign it, then go ahead. If not, then let me know, and I will dismiss you from the room and you can return to your slumber as if this had never happened. The entire affair is your choice, and one could consider this a beginning step in your journey." Mina's voice was cold, impassive, as she nodded and stood, awaiting Cecil's answer and action.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 pm

After a moment longer where Cecil's eyes linger on the sword Mina carries, Cecil nods, slowly coming back into motion and taking the quill in hand. He goes to write on the contract on his lap, and then soon finds his lap is not the best writing surface.
Also, the point poked through at his leg.
He readjusts, shifting the contract to the floor and then starting to write, and soon the contract was signed.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm

As soon as the contract was signed, Cecil would swiftly find that any holes he'd poked into it had disappeared entirely, any shakiness in his signature straightened to his usual standard, and the quill itself gone. Then, with the click of a finger, the contract was moved from Cecil to Mina in an instant, before fading away. "With this, the contract is sealed. You may now leave and return to your sleep. If ever you wish to return to this place in your dreams, you need only whim it so. Furthermore, you may find blue doors as you noted before. Those lead to this place, where we may speak at your desire. Finally, if needed, we will summon you here, however as this place exists outside of time, it won't waste your time in doing so. Now, enjoy the rest of your sleep. I'll be expecting great things."

And so, with another click of Mina's fingers, Cecil was no longer in the Velvet Room.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Users have formed a Social Link!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)   Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Soundly? (Mina/ Cecil)
Page 1 of 1