Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Nadia Marquee EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Nadia Marquee EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Nadia Marquee EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Nadia Marquee EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Nadia Marquee EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Nadia Marquee EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Nadia Marquee EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Nadia Marquee EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Nadia Marquee EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Nadia Marquee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steele

Steele

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 5:59 am

Nadia Marquee
"If you're afraid of the unknown, see everything. If you're afraid of the dark, close your eyes. If you're afraid of death, die."

The Biography

Birth Name: Nadia Marquee
Aliases: Nadie, Nami
Birth Day: October 12th
Arcana: Death
Place of Residence: Vagabond Inn, currently
Evoker: Mental Shackles
Academy Semester: second year
Class:

Sorority:  Art Club

Part/Full Time Job: Nadia works at the Inn to earn her keep, and sometimes works at the ranch for some extra spending money.

Appearance: FC- Lisa Mishima (Zankyou no Terror)
Nadia keeps her hair short and neat, but doesn't do much to style it. As long as it isn't in her face she's fine with it. Sometimes she is seen using hair clips to clip back her bangs while drawing or studying. Her complexion is clear and her skin is pale from years of easy living, and her eyes often seem transfixed on something far away.

Her body type is slim and frail. She stands at 5'5" and weighs 127 lb dripping wet. With her plain appearance and slight frame, Nadia seems to fade into the background in most instances, becoming almost a part of the scenery, and she likes it that way.

Alternate Appearance: Close approximation - art to come (if anyone happens to know the artist, I can't seem to track them down. o.0)
In stark contrast to her usual attire, the garb Nadia's persona dons on her is gilded and threaded with somber regal tones, with a cape trailing behind her, splayed in two like the long tail feathers of a starling.

Her Mask is a burgundy opera mask with plumed dark flowers sprouting from one side.

Personality:
Somber
Nadia is reflective and introspective, turning events inward to fully digest their meaning. She has a way of romanticizing the macabre, especially in these times of such extravagant discord.

Adventurous
Despite her narrow-minded upbringing - or perhaps in spite of it - Nadia is adventurous at heart. She wants to see and experience new things, even in this cluster world in which she lives. She doesn't express excitement outwardly, but you can tell by the feverish movement of her pencil, and how her eyes focus on the new subject with unexpected clarity.

Passionate
Nadia's passion is not a raging fire, but rather, a stoked furnace; Rarely seen, but always blazing. What is this passion for? For life, for death, and everything that happens in between. Every moment is an opportunity to see something new, or to enjoy the things that you're familiar with.

Regretful
Nadia's thirst for finding things to relish in this complex society has a double edge. One the one side, her passion gives her purpose, and on the other, her missed opportunities cause her to regret. She'll tell anyone who asks that regrets are meaningless, that you can't change the past, only move forward and look for what you can right now....but our own advice is often the hardest to follow. Her biggest regret is her lack of knowledge. Before the collapse of the city she didn't go anywhere... do anything. She had no friends, no prospects. Now she feels as though she must make up for lost time. Like somehow moving faster will fill the days she left behind with memories.

Idealistic
Nadia's ideals are not what one might associate with the word, but she has them none the less, and her ideals define her and the way she interacts with everyone and everything around her. a Manifesto, if you will. She Cherishes both life and death, seeing beauty in both extremes of the spectrum. She believes that every person is entitled to live their life the way they see fit - and she believes that if at any point you want to change your life, no matter how drastic, you have the power to make that change happen.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Diamond Ideology
Description: Nadia has a strong ideology that fuels her day-to-day choices, but it is also the underlying framework not only of who she is, but who she wants to be. This strong inner conviction manifests in a Pmstr stat increase of 10%.

Strength Name: Observation
Description: Given her withdrawn demeanor and constantly searching eyes, Nadia is an excellent observer. One might even call her a Wallflower. She quickly picks up on little details - a habit from her quick sketches of passersby. At a glance she might recognize the brand name of the coat someone is wearing, the fact that they are wearing a certain kind of ring or the approximate value of their jewelry and make quick assessments of those people. Her EXP is for Understanding is doubled.

Strength Name: Insight into the Macabre
Description: Nadia is fascinated with death and the human body, which often leads to research into death, dying, and the mortality of the human condition. This insight increases the damage of her Curse (dark) abilities by 10%, and the effect rate of her Curse (dark) insta-kill abilities by 10% (3/10 instead of 2/10).

—Strength Name: Face your Fears
—Description: Nadia has a self-imposed ideal of facing one's fears by charging through them, and in most respects tries to do this in her own daily life. The fear excites her, like a sixth sense that alerts her to new oportunites she may never get again. Her courage begins at rank 2.

-----
Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Low Immunity
Description: Nadia doesn't eat well, doing the bare minimum to keep herself alive in many ways. Her weakened immune system makes her 15% more susceptible to physical status ailments. As a result, she often makes up for her low immune system with over-the-counter vitamins and quick-fixes for things like allergies and colds(which she is highly susceptible to).

Weakness Name: Socially distant
Description: It can be hard for Nadia to form meaningful relationships with others. Not because she doesn't like them, but because her straightforward calmness about such things as death and monsters, and her ability to notice minute details makes her come off as creepy. In fact, she likes people very much and has a habit of drawing them without asking. Nadia only receives half EXP for the Expression social skill.

Weakness Name: Fragile Frame
Description: Nadia is not a very strong person, physically, and she never has been. Her body is light and lithe, but frail. Because of this frailty, she shies away from physical combat. Her Ppstr is reduced by 10%.

—Weakness Name: Fledgling Heart
—Description: Nadia wants to connect with people, but her sheltered life has stunted her social growth. Because of this, Nadia needs twice as many points to reach the second rank of the Expression Social Quality.

-----
Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Biting Nails
Weapon Description: Gold embellished metal nails that fit over the fingers of her right hand. She uses them only as a last resort when it comes down to close-combat. Each nail covers the second two joints of it's respective finger, and extends out 2.5"
Weapon Image: none atm
Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Classic Remington 95
Side-Arm Description: A small "coat gun" or "Pocket Pistol," it's small, silver, with an weathered oak hand grip, and smells faintly of cigar smoke.
Side-Arm Image: Clicky
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Revolver

The Background

History:
The Story of how nothing ever happened, ever.
The story of my life is not exciting. It's not full of joy and happiness, nor is it stricken with grief and loss. My life was white walls and empty studies, full of books that nobody but me had time to read. And I mostly colored on the pages. Was I scolded? No, I couldn't have found even that much excitement. My father wasn't important but he had eyes on him. Politics and business; Blank checks and smoking cigars. It was all very shiny, and empty, like that study with all the books that nobody ever read. I liked that room the best because I felt like I belonged there, another forgotten volume never too be read.

Oh, how children fret. I was well cared for. I didn't want for anything. I didn't want anything at all. Eleven years, and I can't say that I remember feeling much beyond occasionally wanting to go shopping with my mother, or on a business trip with my father. But we could have things delivered to the house. My father could send me postcards. I didn't realize it until much later - but I didn't want paper or presents - I wanted to live. I wanted to know what it meant to live.

Until something did happen
What I did learn was what it meant to die. The world was torn apart around us. My memories from the event itself are still very fuzzy. Demons flying about, buildings torn apart, people... in that moment I knew one thing above all else: sharply and intrinsically, I knew that life could end, violently, at any moment.

And then...Life settled down again. My father knew someone who knew someone, and before the dust had settled our family was set up to be working in the government. I could see walls closing in around me again, like life was going back to the way it was before.

But the change was real and visceral. It was on the wind and in the night air. It was caught in the corner of my eye. Visible, but just out of reach. So, when my mother and father finally permitted me to go to public highschool - there weren't that many other options in this new city - I left home and didn't go back. I got a room at the inn, paid for it with the only honest work I'd ever done in my life, and started to live. In this world on the brink of death, I was living.

Last edited by Nadia on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Alrighty, let's have a look here.

Strengths and weaknesses cannot effect the END stats like this, so you'll have to change that.

The Strengths and weaknesses you have for your social stats are waaaaay too specific. I'd suggest making them just General X2 boosts for the appropriate stats, instead of being made for specific situations. As for the Weakness, since your Understanding stat is being boosted, I'd suggest making the Understanding weakness having to Rank it up Twice to get to Rank 2, if you didn't want to change it to a different Social Stat.

In your history, this is mostly fine, but if Shadows is referring to the creatures themselves, instead of just their literal shadows, you'll have to change this to "Demons".
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Okeedoki. I altered the wording in her backstroy. It was meant more as a depiction of how she remembered it than as a classification of what they were, but she would likely know atleast something of the difference by this point, so it makes sense that she'd use the right word. Thanks for pointing it out.

So, rather than give her two positive stats and two negative stats, I simply removed the special-instance social stat adjustment weakness and resistance. I figured that'd be simpler. I changed the End stats to the Str stats, if that's acceptable. If not, would modifying the HP/SP stats be more fitting? and if so, to what degree?

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 pm

So for Strengths and weaknesses that boost stats they have to be % boosts. So basically you'd receive 10% boosts to Pmstr, and 10% reductions. The strength and weaknesses are fine, just need %s.

Also, missed it the first time, but your soubound'll need a length. Probably sounds silly for Nails, but still.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Ah, duh. I don't know why I deleted the % marks, that makes sense.

and I'm assuming you mean the length of the nails themselves in the description.
Noted, and adjusted. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Nadia wrote:

Nadia Marquee
"If you're afraid of the unknown, see everything. If you're afraid of the dark, close your eyes. If you're afraid of death, die."

The Biography

Birth Name: Nadia Marquee
Aliases: Nadie, Nami
Birth Day: October 12th
Arcana: Death
Place of Residence: Vagabond Inn, currently
Evoker: Mental Shackles
Academy Semester: second year
Class:

Sorority:  Art Club

Part/Full Time Job: Nadia works at the Inn to earn her keep, and sometimes works at the ranch for some extra spending money.

Appearance: FC- Lisa Mishima (Zankyou no Terror)
Nadia keeps her hair short and neat, but doesn't do much to style it. As long as it isn't in her face she's fine with it. Sometimes she is seen using hair clips to clip back her bangs while drawing or studying. Her complexion is clear and her skin is pale from years of easy living, and her eyes often seem transfixed on something far away.

Her body type is slim and frail. She stands at 5'5" and weighs 127 lb dripping wet. With her plain appearance and slight frame, Nadia seems to fade into the background in most instances, becoming almost a part of the scenery, and she likes it that way.

Alternate Appearance: Close approximation - art to come (if anyone happens to know the artist, I can't seem to track them down. o.0)
In stark contrast to her usual attire, the garb Nadia's persona dons on her is gilded and threaded with somber regal tones, with a cape trailing behind her, splayed in two like the long tail feathers of a starling.

Her Mask is a burgundy opera mask with plumed dark flowers sprouting from one side.

Personality:
Somber
Nadia is reflective and introspective, turning events inward to fully digest their meaning. She has a way of romanticizing the macabre, especially in these times of such extravagant discord.

Adventurous
Despite her narrow-minded upbringing - or perhaps in spite of it - Nadia is adventurous at heart. She wants to see and experience new things, even in this cluster world in which she lives. She doesn't express excitement outwardly, but you can tell by the feverish movement of her pencil, and how her eyes focus on the new subject with unexpected clarity.

Passionate
Nadia's passion is not a raging fire, but rather, a stoked furnace; Rarely seen, but always blazing. What is this passion for? For life, for death, and everything that happens in between. Every moment is an opportunity to see something new, or to enjoy the things that you're familiar with.

Regretful
Nadia's thirst for finding things to relish in this complex society has a double edge. One the one side, her passion gives her purpose, and on the other, her missed opportunities cause her to regret. She'll tell anyone who asks that regrets are meaningless, that you can't change the past, only move forward and look for what you can right now....but our own advice is often the hardest to follow. Her biggest regret is her lack of knowledge. Before the collapse of the city she didn't go anywhere... do anything. She had no friends, no prospects. Now she feels as though she must make up for lost time. Like somehow moving faster will fill the days she left behind with memories.

Idealistic
Nadia's ideals are not what one might associate with the word, but she has them none the less, and her ideals define her and the way she interacts with everyone and everything around her. a Manifesto, if you will. She Cherishes both life and death, seeing beauty in both extremes of the spectrum. She believes that every person is entitled to live their life the way they see fit - and she believes that if at any point you want to change your life, no matter how drastic, you have the power to make that change happen.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Diamond Ideology
Description: Nadia has a strong ideology that fuels her day-to-day choices, but it is also the underlying framework not only of who she is, but who she wants to be. This strong inner conviction manifests in a Pmstr stat increase of 10%.

Strength Name: Observation
Description: Given her withdrawn demeanor and constantly searching eyes, Nadia is an excellent observer. One might even call her a Wallflower. She quickly picks up on little details - a habit from her quick sketches of passersby. At a glance she might recognize the brand name of the coat someone is wearing, the fact that they are wearing a certain kind of ring or the approximate value of their jewelry and make quick assessments of those people. Her EXP is for Understanding is doubled.

Strength Name: Insight into the Macabre
Description: Nadia is fascinated with death and the human body, which often leads to research into death, dying, and the mortality of the human condition. This insight increases the damage of her Curse (dark) abilities by 10%, and the effect rate of her Curse (dark) insta-kill abilities by 10% (3/10 instead of 2/10).

-----
Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Low Immunity
Description: Nadia doesn't eat well, doing the bare minimum to keep herself alive in many ways. Her weakened immune system makes her 15% more susceptible to physical status ailments. As a result, she often makes up for her low immune system with over-the-counter vitamins and quick-fixes for things like allergies and colds(which she is highly susceptible to).

Weakness Name: Socially distant
Description: It can be hard for Nadia to form meaningful relationships with others. Not because she doesn't like them, but because her straightforward calmness about such things as death and monsters, and her ability to notice minute details makes her come off as creepy. In fact, she likes people very much and has a habit of drawing them without asking. Nadia only receives half EXP for the Expression social skill.

Weakness Name: Fragile Frame
Description: Nadia is not a very strong person, physically, and she never has been. Her body is light and lithe, but frail. Because of this frailty, she shies away from physical combat. Her Ppstr is reduced by 10%.

-----
Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Biting Nails
Weapon Description: Gold embellished metal nails that fit over the fingers of her right hand. She uses them only as a last resort when it comes down to close-combat. Each nail covers the second two joints of it's respective finger, and extends out 2.5"
Weapon Image: none atm
Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Classic Remington 95
Side-Arm Description: A small "coat gun" or "Pocket Pistol," it's small, silver, with an weathered oak hand grip, and smells faintly of cigar smoke.
Side-Arm Image: Clicky
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Revolver

The Background

History:
The Story of how nothing ever happened, ever.
The story of my life is not exciting. It's not full of joy and happiness, nor is it stricken with grief and loss. My life was white walls and empty studies, full of books that nobody but me had time to read. And I mostly colored on the pages. Was I scolded? No, I couldn't have found even that much excitement. My father wasn't important but he had eyes on him. Politics and business; Blank checks and smoking cigars. It was all very shiny, and empty, like that study with all the books that nobody ever read. I liked that room the best because I felt like I belonged there, another forgotten volume never too be read.

Oh, how children fret. I was well cared for. I didn't want for anything. I didn't want anything at all. Eleven years, and I can't say that I remember feeling much beyond occasionally wanting to go shopping with my mother, or on a business trip with my father. But we could have things delivered to the house. My father could send me postcards. I didn't realize it until much later - but I didn't want paper or presents - I wanted to live. I wanted to know what it meant to live.

Until something did happen
What I did learn was what it meant to die. The world was torn apart around us. My memories from the event itself are still very fuzzy. Demons flying about, buildings torn apart, people... in that moment I knew one thing above all else: sharply and intrinsically, I knew that life could end, violently, at any moment.

And then...Life settled down again. My father knew someone who knew someone, and before the dust had settled our family was set up to be working in the government. I could see walls closing in around me again, like life was going back to the way it was before.

But the change was real and visceral. It was on the wind and in the night air. It was caught in the corner of my eye. Visible, but just out of reach. So, when my mother and father finally permitted me to go to public highschool - there weren't that many other options in this new city - I left home and didn't go back. I got a room at the inn, paid for it with the only honest work I'd ever done in my life, and started to live. In this world on the brink of death, I was living.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nadia Marquee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nadia Marquee   Nadia Marquee Empty

Back to top Go down

Nadia Marquee
Page 1 of 1