Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) Empty
PostSubject: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:59 am

Walking into a local music store, Lorielle would look around, hiding her expression, only giving off something neutral. She didn't want to essentially admit it was her first time here, and she was by every sense of the word, a newbie. But that one night, where she played, and mixed a tune of her own, whether it was good to her, the crowd or anyone, it inspired her. Music would be something she ma end up getting into after school ended. And this was something she may in fact be able to commit to. The store itself had anything; practice guitars, drums, any kind of instrument, and a small section for the electronica, which was originally what she was looking for. Though she would give a light pause looking at the instruments, thinking. 'Basics is always a nice way to start' she would think before walking towards one of the guitar stands, watching other people practice on them.

She would grab a guitar and plug it into the amp. She did her own research on it, so she could plug it in without fail. She would then grab a seat, a guitar pick, and start practicing random chords, just being on the safe side. They were coming out well enough, as well as basics could be. She would continue to play on it for a bit longer, testing out the fun instrument.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 am

Masami may as well have lived here. The shop was close to home, and she tended to spend more time here than anywhere else. After all, she couldn't dream of affording half this stuff, but trying it out until someone else bought it was just as good. She had just gotten her hands on a beautiful guitar, one of the more expensive items in the entire shop. She giggled to herself as she slung the strap over her shoulder, all it took was a wink, almost too easy to be fun.

What was even better was the way it sounded. The only available amp was next to some new girl. She had heard enough other musicians to know just how new she was, inexperienced, barely knew what she was doing, but at least it wasn't nails-on-a-chalkboard bad.

She just settled into a comfortable stance, and quickly broke into a loud, impressive riff, giving the girl a smirk as if to silently tell her. 'watch and learn, see how a pro does it.'
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:35 am

She would continue to play her chords, until a woman would play a very disrupting riff on her guitar. Which wasn't bad, but it set her off balance. She would turn to look at a girl who played the guitar. She had a very distinct tomboy look. She vaguely recalled a friend she knew that dressed like that. But unlike her, this was clearly a woman. She would watch if she continued to play, taking in her sounds if she did. She would laugh a bit when she would get done. "Can you tell that I am new?" she said. Which may in fact be a silly question, probably anyone could. If she didn't play she would walk up to her checking out her guitar. "I am getting into music. Starting off with the basics may be good," she would say. "So do you do this normally?"
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:12 am

Masami smirked, she was watching, and on top of that, she seemed impressed. That's exactly what she lived for. "Yeah, sure sounded like it, but don't let that get ya down. Those four basic chords pretty much carry the professionals through their careers without anybody being wiser." She laughs a bit.

"And I can definitely tell you're new if ya have to ask that."
She leans back at the second question, looking almost proud about the fact. "I'm in here whenever I've got the time. Rockin' till they kick me out, or till I've got an actual show." The rocker threw her a cocky, yet friendly smirk. "Name's Gakki Masami."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 am

She would laugh when she made her comment. "Well, that isn't my goal if music becomes a passion of mine. I like to think that music can go further than that," she would say. But honestly, what does she know? She only just started to get into it, and she is talking like an idealist. She would have to remember to put a leash on her words for the time being. She would soon smile once more at the girl. It was as if every bit of her being was centered around the tenant of "not giving a shit". If only she felt that way, but she was practically the opposite of her. She was half-cautious if she could get along with her, but that would not stop her from trying. "Lorielle Rutherford. How are you?" she asked, setting down the guitar. "Gotta figure out how to play, so I can record and edit. Trying to think of some unique style of music," she would say thinking to herself. Is there even such a thing as original music?
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:00 pm

"Well of course it can, some people are just too dumb or too lazy to let it." She winked and flashed her another smile. "Hell, you keep practicing and I just might show you a thing or two someday." She likewise set her guitar down and sat down near her. "Unique style, huh? Seems a bit early to be thinking about that, but hell if you've got something you're already way ahead of most wannabes. Whatcha thinking of trying?" Now Masami was genuinely interested, if she had figured out some cool new technique like when the first power chord was played, well, she just might be able to steal- or rather, borrow the idea and use it for her own music.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Lorielle would smile at Masami thinking about it. Nice to hear a compliment from someone probably more in tuned to it than her, even if it was clearly a comment meant for newbies. She would give her room to sit and take a look at her. Despite how she dresses really nothing like a stereotype of a girl would dress, she still managed to look pretty and, well, like a girl. "Well, I'm thinking. I enjoy the electronic scene with music, and I also enjoy the actual instruments that are still around. If there was a way to somehow send the instruments through the computers, or vice versa, it would be using elements of both. Cause you don't see music like that, you see music that is on one of those sides. My idea would be essentially combining the two and seeing where that goes," she said
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Masami smiled, hearing her out... then cringed. "Woah woah woah... how heavy are we talking here? That beep boop artificial crap can hardly call itself music." She frowned, almost seeming disappointed in her. "What's the appeal to that stuff anyway? Over the power of a strung plucked under your fingers, controlling every little pitch and wave of the music. You sure as hell can't win a crowd over if you're just pushing play." She sighed. Her idea did hold some promise, though she refused to admit it to herself.

"If you're dead set on it, who am I to stop you, but if you ask me, anything more than an effects pedal and a some distortion on your amp, and it just ain't the same."
Despite her distaste, Masami was definitely interested... she leaned in a bit as a smile returned to her face. "So, why do you want to get into music, anyway? What's drawing you in? The crowds? The music? The writing? The Lyrics?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:11 am

She would laugh at her summary of electronic music. "You are right for the most part. The problem with that style of music is there is....shall we say, no life behind it. But if you put something into a computer, say a recording of a guitar riff, it can come out incredibly different, and perhaps better," she would say, giving a light smile in spite of her frown. She was clearly skeptical about it all. And perhaps she had the right to be. But she felt she was onto something. It was worth a shot to at least attempt.

Her smile would widen slightly once she heard what was essentially her reluctant blessing. But her question gave her a pause. Why does she want to perform music? So many reasons...but she thought of the one. "I like the idea of control. Not with money, or an image, but control with music. Where everyone can think the same way, and feel the same way, all because of a type of music they all love in common," she explained. Such an idea was a thrill to her, getting everyone to just be able to think the same with something as beautiful as music, rather than violence, but she would halt herself before her mental soapbox would continue.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Masami actually gagged at her comment of it sounding "Better" Though it was just an overexaggerated way of showing her distaste. "What? Better? You're joking. Please Tell me you're joking..." But her appalled look quickly melted away. She got it... She REALLY got it. Granted, Masami's idea of power stretched far beyond just the power and control of music, and into people... but she understood the feeling.

"Yes! Now that's what we need more of. Musicians who get music for what it is! Control, power, a flow. Music is the tool for kicking ass and taking what you want from the world, taking what it owes you and letting you shaping it to your own."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 pm

"I say better, I mostly mean experimental. Who knows. It is always a fun idea to try, considering I don't see many people who do that, but maybe I do not listen to much music," she said. And really, she did listen to quite a bit, but probably not as much as her, and clearly knows more about performing it. "I think beyond the control. Maybe if the world kind of had a sort of system like this, then things like conflict would be nonexistant since we all agreed. Control for me isthe method to take that system, and apply it to small areas of the world. I like music for that," she said. This woman seemed enthusiastic. Carefree in a chaotic sort of way, and yet she seemed to live with it, almost as if she had no issue mastering her own little world. She was almost jealous of her in a way.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Masami smirked. This girl had quite a bit going for her. She was just getting her feet on the ground, but she reminded Masami a bit of herself... "Man, you sure got a lot of crazy ideas dancing around up there, huh? Don't worry, one time up on stage will filter all that out."

Sitting back, she gave the girl a long look over with a smirk. She could be useful... definitely someone she wanted to keep around. She saw that potential, and would hate to see it used on anything other than her own needs. She had personality, talent as far as she could tell, and looks. Not as well as herself of course, but definitely enough to suit her just fine. "Tell you what, you stick with me, and I'll help you go places." She gave her a grin. "How about we go and get something to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 am

She laughed a bit, not really minding whether it was a joke or a genuine insult. Either way, it was funny. "I have been on stage once. Though I hardly remember what happened, I wasn't drinking or anything. I went to the club that night, so I had a good time," she said smiling. She would look at her smiling and nod at her little offer. She had experience surely, and could certainly help her in her ideas. She seemed a bit unlike her, in fact, she was very unlike her, but something about her just seemed to excite her. And she would have to find out what it was. She would stand up, gesturing to the door. "Yeah, I'm all set to go. I actually have a couple places in the mall I have been to," she said. She would follow Masami Gakki, and join her for her plans in the evening.

((Should we end it here? It is up to you, since this seems like a good way to start this obviously lovely friendship. lol))
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:15 am

Masami has established a social link with Lorielle of the Death Arcana...

Lorielle has established a social link with Masami of the Empress Arcana...
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)   Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Diametricaly Opposed (Masami Gakki/Lorielle)
Page 1 of 1