Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
May Lily

May Lily

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 11:53 am

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] FqDrTbi

It was a strange day... She supposed there was even less to do than normal. Quite frankly, after the whole fiasco that happened during that jump things had calmed down tremendously. Really, it almost felt like Junction hadn't almost been eaten by a giant moth. She'd hum to herself as she loitered about, looking around the area for anything of moderate interest.

Wow, it was almost like she was in a dump or something. She'd huff in annoyance. She was still on 'probation' from how she normally gathered data. Quite frankly, that hampered her research tremendously. But, what can you do if every time you do it it gets sabotaged? Regardless, she'd eventually find somewhere to sit down in the mess that was the Lower Ward. Maybe she'd retire to her laboratory soon... These excursions were always such a hassle and bore.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 3:22 am

Needless to say, Lucian’s opinion of Gear was not left in the best state possible when she left the scene. The president grumbled his way from the spot where he met Gear back home… or at least, tried to head home to the best of his limited abilities. Seriously, must this place be built like a giant psychotic children’s maze? He realized it was procedurally generated to an extent, but you’d think the Junction government would do more to help guide people in and out of the ward.

After a while of making his way through the lower ward, Lucian stumbled upon a familiar face - one that, unlike Gear, was a welcome sight – sitting down nonchalantly by the junk that lined the ward. The president approached the medievally-dressed figure before speaking up from behind her.
Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] 7RfRRgV
“So… do you ever get out of the lower ward for anything ever, or are you just as lost as I am?”
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] Latest?cb=20170828163147&path-prefix=protagonist

"I have Lucas for that. He gets me what I need. Really, these walks are more for field research but, aaah... Alas, I've become quite restricted in that aspect."

She'd say with a solemn sigh, mourning her freedom for a minute. Really, that man was too much work. She wanted a challenge, it was completed. Quite frankly, the fact that she was forced to still follow along with his whims was annoying. What reason did he have to police her work? Was he so ignorant and self absorbed that he'd just willingly turn a blind eye to her works? Well, of course he was. That was nary a line of thought needed to be pursued...

That man was a pest.

"And you? I see you quite often... Oh, how was the squabble with the giant? I remember reading a report that you were part of the seekers who... Ah... Seeked." she'd say with very little effort to her words. It was clear she was herself, though, a tinge of solemnity was present on her face. While she normally came across as lazy and unassuming... There was almost a twinge of sorrow on her placid face. You'd need a rather good eye to notice, though.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:38 pm

“Don’t mind me, I’m just lost as the day I was born because the infrastructure of this god-forsaken place is literally random

Lucian sighed. “They just had to get our names out, didn’t they?” Really at this point he was less upset about his information being put out to the public than he was at the fact that now he had to give Gear credit. “Really, we barely did anything. Our Personae were the ones doing all the work.” And Gaia wasn’t really a giant. She was large but that didn’t make her a flat-out giant. “If anything they should be the ones being celebrated, if at all possible.”

“…Hey, I know it’s none of my business, but are you alright?” Lucian asked, having noticed Liliana’s sadness; being able to read a second party was crucial for the deeper realms of politics, so spotting her repressed emotions was no problem for the man. “You seem kind of down.”
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] Thumb-102809

"Silly child, your persona are you. They are an aspect of you given manifested form. Really, it's a miracle you have one. I am deeply happy you respect it so, though. That is worth praise."

She'd say with a solemn smile, though, it seemed he could see right through her. She'd sigh, slowly standing to her feet. What happened she couldn't say. No, she could, but not to this one. What a tizzy, to not even be able to talk to someone she considered precious life...

"You are kind to notice my sorrows, but I dare not speak them. To speak would be to unravel a lie I shan't touch. I can't, not right now. You could say I have been reduced to a mere cog in a wheel, if you will. To be treated as if my aspirations don't matter, my work unethical, my hope flawed... Heh..." she'd take a breath, rubbing a tired eye with a lazy hand. Look at her, adding things where they didn't belong. It was all too much, really...

"Forgive me, I am filling in blanks with my own personal frustrations and emotions. I am much too old to feel pity for myself, yet anger is not an option in this predicament. Ah, how I wish to lay waste to my pest, but for now he must yet thrive..." she'd say with an almost cheeky smile if it were not as lazy as possible. Really, she lavished the idea of the pest being warped by her hand. But, she knew that would never be possible, not under these current circumstances. Really, it'd be quite nice if he had never shown up. Who cared about oblivion if one was blind to it?

"... Tell me, Lucian... What is it that makes you happy and what is it that makes you angry? Consider it a psychologist's request." she'd say with a somewhat normal expression now. Getting those emotions off her chest was good... Though, she still felt foolish for doing so. But... Perhaps he could entertain her for a bit?
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 6:09 am

“Cog in a wheel, eh…?” Lucian knew that feeling all too well. The central conflict that surrounded his life was the most imperative form of such a situation, he felt. “…Well, if you’d rather not talk about it, I won’t prod. Just know I can relate to the sentiment.”

“Hmmm…” Lucian considered Liliana’s question for a few moments. There were a lot of things that made him happy, and it was hard to pinpoint connections between all of them, but if he had to choose only one… “I’d have to say… reaction.” He replied. “Not chemical reactions or seeing people’s immediate reactions, but rather… feeling like my actions have weight behind them. Seeing the waves I make with my finger when I swirl it around in a sink full of water lets me know my finger is indeed there, and isn’t just another lie. By that same logic, seeing the smiles of my friends and family lets me know that my voice was heard, and that my mind formed a thought that eventually became words. Leaving a mark upon the world is the only way I can know the world was there to begin with, and so was I. It gives me comfort.”

“As for what makes me angry…” He took a little longer to answer this question than he did the last, but in the end… “I suppose injustice would have to be my answer, cliché as it may be. Joy is too valuable a resource to be a glutton of it.”
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 3:39 pm

"So you draw joy from being the catalyst for events, for proof that you have acted and the reactions there in are your reward. How unbelievably fortunate for you that you have been blessed with the powers of Ego... Had you not then you would have so little pull on the current events of our fair city. I would go as far as to say you may not have been brought here at all without it." the fair Doctor smirked slightly and let out a small yawn as she reached into one of her long flowing sleeves and produced a single mushroom yellow in color and spotted with green and white dots. She would sniff the fungus like a fine cigar before taking a hearty bite from the cap. She would chew it once, twice... And pause to savor the flavor before continuing to chew and eventually swallow.

"Yet you draw ire from injustice. The oppression of the weak willed by the strong and the well to do. However, wouldn't you say that this influence and imbalance are in fact the greatest effect one can have on their world? The greatest proof of one's own existence is the subjugation of another's. Even one's own being is a form of injustice, you stand here today because you out ran so many of your potential brothers and sisters to your own birth... Is that not injustice?" Liliana smiled a small, yet toothy grin as she closed the distance between herself and Lucian. She held aloft the half eaten mushroom to him as her eyes began to haze slightly.

"Care for a bite?"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] KElft10
"That's not..."

Lucian wanted to deny it, but speaking realistically, could he?  The power to subjugate another – to override their control – was the greatest form of control one could have, right? It made logical sense, but it didn’t make moral sense. This was a subject Lucian had skirted around for quite some time now, and for good reason. “Well… that’s why we need moderation. We can’t have all pleasure all day every day, right?” He wanted to believe there was some flaw in his logic, but at the moment he couldn’t really find any. He decided it’d be best to move on before this subject muddled his emotions.

“Depends, is it hallucinogenic? I’ve heard about the kinds of mushrooms that grow around here, and I’m lost enough as it is.” Lucian half-joked.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] Sucy-manbavaran-51967
"...You're not all that bright are you?"

Lilliana stared blankly at Lucian for a moment before chuckling slightly and shaking her head. "Moderation is the drug of the weak willed and the small minded. Those who can comprehend and bring about change and great achievements have no need for moderation for they do not feel the limitations of those less then they. You are a man capable of much, that much is obvious, so why bother with moderation. Heh... I don't exaggerate when I say I might be the most intelligent being in existence, honestly it's a toss up... So what use do I have for self imposed limits, frankly that kind of thinking is selfish because I'm denying the rest of existence my full potential."

Liliana would lazily look at the mushroom in her hand for a moment before taking another bite and presenting it to Lucian once again."I mean... Probably? If it is it hasn't hit me yet... I just found this one. I frankly have no idea what it is."
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:05 am

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] 7RfRRgV

“Oh, come now, professor.” He would have never figured her to have such a childish mindset. “If you were to ask me, I believe the situation is quite the opposite. The weak-willed lack the inner strength to restrain themselves in their natural, carnal, instinctive quest for pleasure and joy from all sources at the expense of everyone and everything around them. Only those with strong wills can make the conscious choice to suffer so that others may know joy as well, limited as it may and should be.” His speech was concise and exact, as if he’d practiced this exact conversation many times before, whether it be in his head or to others. “Pleasure is good, but is it really worth subjugating another for?"

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] PySASsY
"Trust me, I have first-hand experience with atrocities committed in the name of peace of mind."

“Eh… I’ll pass, but thank you.” Despite their fundamentally and radically different viewpoints, Lucian found himself having little trouble continuing his friendly exchange with Liliana. For one, he’d long since learned how to socialize well – god forbid he’d kept his socializing quirks from puberty – but it was mostly due to the fact that if they were to judge people based on their immaturity contrasted to their apparent maturity, Lucian would be dead last in line.

The president lifted up his hand to sweep back his bangs and adjust his glasses as he stared out at the wide, empty space that comprised this section of the lower ward. “Say…” He began. “What would you answer if I were to ask you the same questions?”
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

"You confuse a lack of restraint with hedonism…” Lilliana slowly retracted the mushroom into her cloak once more, but paused for a second before pulling it back out and finishing the cap in one large bite. Satisfied she returned the stem to its home in her robes and continued her argument through a mouth full of mushroom chunks. "I am no hedonist… Well not any more. I am a scientist, thus my lack of moderation is the betterment of the whole. Safe to say that existence as a concept would not be where it is now without-...wait… Wait.”

A small smile crept across Lilliana’s face as her hair began to glow a neon orange color. A wry chuckle escaped her clenched teeth as her pupils began vibrating quick enough to give the illusion of her having two for each eye. “There it is. Oh this is a good one. Mhmhm. Yes…”

Lilliana would stand motionless for a moment, simply enjoying the effects of the mushroom and seemingly ignoring Lucian’s question. However as quickly as it began, the glow dissipated and her eyes returned to their normal appearance. "...Huh, That was short lived…. I’m sorry what were we discussing? I-oh yes, you asked what I draw pleasure from. A simple question with a simple answer.”

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] Sucy.Manbavaran.full.2070539
"Knowledge and the pursuit there in. Nothing else matters.”

"...Well that and a good buzz but that’s more a hobby than anything else.” Liliana hiccuped once as what looked like a six legged frog flew from her mouth and took to the sky on two pairs of dragonfly like wings. Odd polyps resembling smaller versions of the mushroom that Lilliana ate covered it’s back
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] SRzpqYm
"R....right... I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that didn't happen."

“Is that so?” An unhealthily logical individual, it would appear. “And what about what makes you angry? My first guess would be ‘being kept from the pursuit of knowledge’ but hey, you know what they say about assuming.” As it stood, Liliana seemed to intend to present herself as a rather one-sided individual. Perhaps it was just delusion, or maybe it was an attempt to impress, but he seriously doubted that all she cared about was science, knowledge and logic. After all, she was taking time out of her busy schedule of moping to socialize. The fact that she mentioned herself being a hedonist in the past didn’t go unnoticed by the man either, but he decided not to pry into it right now. Maybe at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm

"My what an interest you have in my wants, had this been anyone but you I would find it odd and slightly worrying, however given the circumstances it cannot be helped.” Lilliana chuckled to herself as she eyed Lucian up and began to circle him. Slowly and methodically she would look him up and down, her neutral expression unchanging.

"Not much tends to irk me, however you’re assumption seems to be correct, I am most annoyed by things that impede my research. Be it my own ineptitudes or the interference of others and the favors they ask!” Lilliana’s voice grew several times louder as she finished that sentence. She threw an angry glance over her shoulder before returning her lazy gaze to Lucian. "Though… Not all interference is bad. Sometimes it provides a challenge, a way to make a day more interesting.”

A small smile would tug at her lips as she finished her circle around Lucian, "Tell me, dear child... Why do you think you're so interested in my likes and dislikes? Is it simply because I asked yours?”
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 am

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] HZOJwpk

“Well, is it wrong to want to learn more about one’s friends?” Really, this was the most basic of basics in socialization. Lucian adjusted his glasses once more and allowed his stance to mellow down, having just realized he was subconsciously maintaining the stance he kept with Gear this whole time. “I mean, above other things, I owe you my life. If nothing else I’d consider you a friend.” He was curious on whether or not Liliana considered him a friend in return, but he wasn’t about to ask directly when the answer was most likely to flow out naturally with the flow of conversation.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] O5zg_BwU_400x400
"Friends?...Damn, I suppose one could call us that. Just when I was beginning to enjoy your company. Oh well, I suppose it was an inevitability at this point.”

Liliana visibly deflated at Lucian's remark. With little more then a sigh she turned and began to leave, making for one of the many corridors that this particular portion of the Slums was made up of. It didn't matter where she ended up, or even if the corridor was a dead end, it was simply time to be on her way.

"You're answers have become cliche... Come prepared with better ones next time....”

Unless stopped, Liliana would leave the scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]   Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread] Empty

Back to top Go down

Implications of Theory [Lucian NPC Thread]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next