Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Empty
PostSubject: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 8:09 pm

It sucked being broke. Like, kind of a lot. Unfortunately for Patricia she was screwed until Friday, no arcade visits, no trips to the water park, no side-charging beer as soda from the store she worked at. She could just kind of take it but the minute she did that'd be it. Break one law at a time, yo. It was a pretty fortunate thing she had a meal card to eat at school otherwise it'd totally blow for a few days. Patty wasn't gonna starve or any stupid shit but she'd have to find a way to get food and fishing out of vending machines wasn't high on her priorities list. Actually being there in the shopping center wasn't high on her priorities list. She didn't have any money, it was a waste of time for her to be there, but Jessica said "hey you wanna go look at clothes" so Patty said "dude I'm totally broke" so she was like oh, okay but then Courtney got asked and she was like "hey we're looking at clothes, wanna go?" so Patty said "girl I said I don't have any money, I can't even pay for the train" so then Jessica was all "it's okay we just want you there, we'll pay for the train" and then Patricia couldn't back out of it since she'd look like a total bitch and here she was.

Seriously though, she didn't feel like doing anything that involved shopping when she couldn't get anything, it was completely unfair. She didn't sign up to watch Courtney and fuckin' Jessica go buy stuff, she liked actually y'know, doing stuff too so screw it. Luckily she managed to sneak away with some kind of weak excuse but she still needed to leave with them so it wouldn't last forever. Something about finding something to drink. Patty really needed to just get some space, it was really tempting to just ditch but then her lie fell to pieces so that wasn't an option. Whatever, it was just going to suck for a few more hours, hopefully not super long, and then she could bounce and go find something actually fun to do. For the meantime she just took to meandering the actually pretty dry streets just browsing shit. Huh. Guess it wasn't a good day for anyone else shopping either.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Man it sucked when there weren't any suckers around. Or rather, correction, it sucked when there weren't any suckers with CASH around. It had been his lucky day, picking up such an excellent deal on a respectable number of 'legitimate Rolexes' but then came the problem that nobody had any cash. Everyone was just LOOKING. And he didn't make anything off of people looking! He had bills to worry about! A bad day like this could be horrible...at least for a day or two. He'd figure out some other scam legitimate business transaction to do that'd turn out better, and the circle of life would continue on as usual. It was the reason why he never considered moving on the a better apartment when he was doing particularly well. When he reached a low-point (as he certainly would after a while) he'd be screwed. No, he was exactly where he needed to be in life.

As Rory stood leaned against a wall, holding a suitcase, he kept a close eye on his surroundings, for anyone who looked like they might be in the market for something cheap and tawdry high-class and of good quality that wouldn't make you break out into a bad rash. To appear less suspicious, he'd pop into a shop or two and spend a few moments looking around, and, whenever he saw a particularly distracted person with nobody around, swipe some cash off them discretely. It was around that time he saw her. A Dumb Teenager, by the looks of it. They bought dumb shit to look cool to their friends all the time. With a slight smile, Rory made his way over discreetly. "Yo girl. Looking to buy a watch?" It was a straightforward greeting, but who cared. "I got some real nice ones for real cheap. And I know what you're thinking, watches in the BackLight, must be fake-totally legitimate,
promise."
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 2:35 am

So like, shopping was totally lame by herself. Go figure. Just because she got away from her girlfriends didn't change the fact that she was flat broke, she was in the same boat as before but this time she didn't have anything to distract her so it was like sitting in a waiting room but she got to wander around and be bored in other places. Fucking dumb, dude. Patricia sighed and rolled her neck. Looks like she needed to find something to entertain herself with, people watching got old in a heartbeat. But she would never need to. Entertainment would find her instead. Not gonna lie the hair on the back of her neck stood on end when he slithered up to her. If she wasn't in public she would've decked him in the mouth. Like, you just don't sneak up on a girl like that, totally not any kind of cool. But she flinched instead and turned her body back instantly away from him, before she even had the chance to get her standard don't even try to fuck with me distance he was already half way through his sales pitch. It took a lot of willpower to suppress the antagonizing smirk she usually put on, especially when she was getting creeped on but she pulled it off, just looking sort of surprised.

The dude reeked of desperate. Like, not a good opener man. Like, Patty knew she was still in her school uniform and junk but come on dude. She knew he was going to hound her until she coughed something up too but that sort of wasn't her intention here. Not like she could anyway. So this was what was going to occupy her time, huh? Yeah... yeah she'd play his game for a little while. Could be fun, fuck it right? Patricia's posture wouldn't go back to her normal relaxed swagger or her haughty stance with her shoulders back when the initial shock wore off, instead adopting a more closed, timid body language. Unsure and submissive. Y'know, like a sucker's.
"O-oh. Hey," she squeaked instead of outright telling him to get out of her personal space.

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Worrie10

"Oh, yeah? I dunno, I'm not really sure I should be spending my allowance, I've sort of been saving up for something I had my eye on soooo..."

The bait was set. Patricia knew what she was doing, the beach scum were worse moochers than Endymion could ever cough up but with any sort of skill he'd fall for it. Too bad he wasn't a mind reader and the thug was a couple steps above completely fucking retarded. What she was really thinking was just how badly she was gonna take this sleaze for a ride. He'd give her his whole deal, it was really all so predictable but she wanted to hear what kind of disaster came after "wanna buy a watch?"
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 3:10 am

Oh, damn. It must be hard being a Teenage Girl with an allowance. Waiting week after week to get that sweet 20 dollars off of Daddy's credit card. Having to be like, so totally bummed whenever your friends (The ones with the bitchy Teenage Girl names, like Patricia, or something equally disgusting) try and get you to go to the Malt shop, or something else expensive and dated. In a split second, Rory had taken a step back, and his expression had changed from one of friendliness to one of...well, lazy boredom. "Ah...sorry then. People gotta make a living in this town, you know?"  His arms simply hung at his side, and he rose a brow. "Sorry if I, like, came on strong, or something? Honestly I just started last week." It was bullshit, but who cared? He'd find another sucker to pawn the 'Luxury Items' off on. Still though, usually the teens were all over him. He greeted them like he saw on TV, and everything. As far as he'd seen nothing made a guy dreamier than not knowing a Girl's name and talking to her like one would a dog.

Well, potential need of having to rework his greeting aside, he instead tilted his head. "Honestly? Just been a rough week. Got kinda screwed on a paycheck, now I've had to sell some stuff. I'm not a fan of it either, ya' know?" Ugh, just talking to her made him feel slimier. He was a piece of shit, but at least he WORKED for that Paper. And, well, stole some of it from other people, but they never noticed! And when they did, usually Brian was around so he could put on a show about having to feed his 'Poor little Brother who hadn't eaten in days'. Then he had to lie to Brian about being a Street Actor again. Honestly, he'd lied to the kid so much it was hard to keep the lies straight by that point. "Aaaaaaanyway, sorry for botherin' you."

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Latest?cb=20170927223236

He'd have to keep an eye out for a Blue Convertible that she had gotten for her Sweet Sixteen (She had wanted a Pink one and yelled at Daddy about it) so he could toss eggs at it later.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 8:56 pm

So that was, like, unexpected as fuck. A shark that actually backed the hell off when she implied she wasn't interested. That's totally not something you see everyday. Like, she sent all the right signals. Oh no! I'm a naive little girl! Whatever will I do with aaaaaaaall this disposable income? And he still didn't bite. Dude still had morals. That was what's up. But like not in this kind of job, you kinda had to be a sleaze if you wanted to get anywhere. She didn't really mind it. If you were dumb enough to buy stupid shit and fall for scams you kinda had it coming, right? That's just how the world worked. Frankly it was pretty... anticlimactic. Like she wanted to fuck with him a little bit but now she just wasn't satisfied and had to go back to being bored to death. That was super lame. He at least needed to know he probably shouldn't do this if he was going to be this bad at it.

Patricia immediately dropped her innocent schoolgirl act and took a more relaxed posture.
"It's okay dude but like, you probably shouldn't tell people that if you want to sell them shit y'know?" Even her tone of voice became different, but Patty was less ready to chill and more pitying of him. Homeboy was gonna get eaten alive if he couldn't play the game.

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Ponyta10

"Like come on man that was totally the easiest sell just now. Helloooo? I'm young and impressionable? It's not even my money? You're like, better off working construction or something man because you kind of suck at this. Kiiiiiiiiind of a lot."

Sure it kind of made her own con implode on itself but honestly she was just confused at this point. It was the tastiest bait, she couldn't have been more convincing if she tried harder or had like 20 minutes to think of something. But hey, it was the honest truth. Which was weird. Didn't she start this interaction trying to reverse-scam him? Pssht, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Rory simply quirked a brow at her, at first, with a slight chuckle. "Ah, so we're cutting the shit, right? I gotta admit,
most of the time I don't question where money comes from when I'm scamming people, but when entitled little girls mention that they're spending Daddy's money, it's a bit of a put off. Like, I'm supposed to be scamming YOU, not someone else."
Rory shrugged. Well, this girl was already FAR more interesting than most people he sold things to. She probably wouldn't understand his reasoning, but who cared? It made sense to him, and that was what mattered. "Look, I'm sure you're not gonna get it, but there's like, a thief's code. It'd be unfair to your father...given he even exists and gave you money...if you lost HIS money to some dashing rogue.Or if you want an actual reason and not more bullshit, I hate brats who don't work for their own cash."

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Latest?cb=20170927223242

"It's not business, just personal."

"I gotta admit, I'm a bit sad the game ended this early on, though. This may have been interesting. You know, seeing how this played out? Oh well. I gotta admit, you play the clueless schoolgirl really well." Honestly? One of the best acts he'd seen so far. He was used to people thinking they got one over on him (It was why he played dumb while selling, after all) but this was the first time somebody had been halfway decent at it.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 1:18 am

Okay, so like, he had a code of ethics. Sucked to be him. You can't do that in sales dude, it just gets you broke. Patricia never worked in sales but she'd seen people do it and they were ruthless sharks but they made BANK the better they were at, y'know, selling it. If you couldn't hack it you just went hungry. But to his benefit this was already more fun messing with him than it was shopping with Courtney and Jenny, so she'd play it for a bit.
"No, I totally get it," she'd smirk at him, taking position up against the nearby wall and producing a pack of cigarettes from her pocket. Might as well light up while talking to him, not like she had to put up the act anymore.
"Nobody gets hurt that didn't ask for it, right? Something like that?" She would cover the flame of her cancer stick to light it and take a puff. The "sale" was done so this was a conversation now, yeah?

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Snipe11

"Yeah it's kinda lame this didn't go farther than it did, I wanted to see just how deep a hole you'd dig yourself into. So uhh, there's no Daddy in this situation, I work for a living? I haven't told you a single thing that was true since we started talking, dude. Y'know, aside from that you suck at this."

She'd take a puff and keep a casual, relaxed stance... but his game wasn't over like he thought it was. She could and would still fuck with him.
"But thanks for telling me more about how you scam people! To be honest you almost got a pass but uh, I'm not even a schoolgirl. I'm actually 24. I'm working as a federal investigator drawing out people that are selling fraudulent merchandise without a vendor's license to back up authenticity so good on you for having morals but you still shouldn't of confessed to scamming like you did because now I have enough evidence to build a case. Not personal, just business." The delinquent would, of course, lie straight to his face yet convincingly and without a hint of a tell, leaving just her word to go by.
"I'd really hope that I played the clueless schoolgirl pretty well, it's kind of my job," she'd say with a half laugh.

Patricia was completely intent on messing with him as much as physically possible, like at most she'd enjoy it and least it'd eat up the time until she had to leave.
"Just a friendly head's up, if you try to run you're going to get tazed so just relax. So I'll be straight with you, if you tell me who your supplier is we can probably work a plea deal. So who do you work for Mister...?" Time to see just how gullible he was. There was some small part of Patty that was hoping he wasn't as foolish as he looked but seriously she just wanted to have fun giving him a brain trip and seeing the look of sheer panic on his face.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 2:12 am

Dayum, now she was smoking with cigarettes. These THOTs were getting started early now-a-days. Honestly, something about this girl seemed a bit off to him. How easily she could swap between Clueless and THOT was unnatural. Was this what he was doing to people? Was he even as skilled as her at it? It was a bit disconcerting. Still, THOTs tended to end up dead in ditches after they came on to the wrong person. Like damn, leave Chad alone, he's just not that into you. All it takes is one footballer who needs to maintain his reputation and your death ain't getting reported to anybody. Seriously though, this girl had WAY too little regard for her own life. Smoking cigarettes, having a conversation with an actual crook...teens were weird these days. "Something like that I guess. You understood better than I thought you would, at least. A+." Rory clapped his hands together with a smile, before his face fell again.

Ugh, what was this girl on about now? How he sucked at conning? Whatever, he just didn't like brats. His father had taught him the value of hard work. And leeches who could work but chose to just take their parents money were the absolute worst. Oh, maybe there were some new Nice Guys memes, now that he was thinking about blights upon society. Even after the apocalypse they couldn't understand being nice didn't equate to attraction. Anyway, apparently she didn't have a Daddy, and worked for a living. Whatever, the conversation was honestly worth more than the twenty dollars he had planned to scam off of her in the first place.

And then...it took every. Last. Ounce. Of Rory's willpower to not burst out laughing. Right, this girl was a cop, and he was Isla. Did she think he was born yesterday? He had to admit, there weren't any Tells, or anything like that, but really he'd gotten into enough trouble with the actual cops to tell the difference. For one... "Right, you're undercover. Then you won't mind me asking for identification. Oh, and you can point out your cop buddies, right? I suppose you'll actually HAVE a tazer on you, too." Rory's grin widened a little.

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Latest?cb=20170927223254

"Oh, and you'll have handcuffs too. 'Cept there aren't any around my wrists yet. Kinda the first thing you have to do when you put someone under arrest. This questioning'd have to happen downtown, too. With my lawyer present of course."

Even as Rory spoke, his grin widened. "And then we can discuss the fact you've arrested a Cadet on duty. See, we have reason to believe that there are Psyche Terrorists buying enhancing drugs under the guise of 'watches'. Hidden in the mechanism, you know? Reeeeal dangerous stuff. You'd only need one." Rory responded with a lie of his own. Like Patty, there were no tells, and it was all based on his word. He had decided to match her lie with a stupid one of his own. "'Course, I can't prove it. We leave all the arresting to the Police. They're the equipped ones. We just subdue the Terrorists. But hey, I guess we'll find out if you do something dumb, right?"

Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am

Patricia motioned with her cigarette.
"Yeah, thought I would." Yeah he was kind of a sleaze but like sleazes were people too. She was at least getting to him. She could tell by the look on his face, how it shifted from attention to concern and back to all smiles and junk. He was just like her, talking out of his ass. She was just better at it but not a lot of people were on her skill level when it came to bullshit. Most people had some hang ups on it or they tried to over reach, or they didn't know the reality of the situation but Patty lived here. She lived in these moments, she knew what they were, how she looked, what people expected from her and just how to sell that or break it. She was always good in the moment, it was just natural for her.

But she wasn't perfect. When the snake started talking about drugged watches her smile broke her facade and she cracked up laughing.
"Aaaahahaha you're kidding right? Drugged watches, are their shoes laced with something too? Hehehehahaha!" The degenerate had to hold her sides, it was getting hard to breathe. Ooooooh man this guy was a riot! And not as stupid as he looked at first. Still she hadn't laughed this hard since she saw some dumbshit kid bike face first into a telephone pole two weeks ago. She had to wipe a tear from her eye, she was seriously laughing so hard she was crying.
"Ahahahe... ahehe.. hoooly shit dude. Oh man, yeah I guess the Cadets are getting pretty desperate if they have you selling shit am I right? Ahahaheh" Of course she had to tease him, like he said the stupidest thing he could've said just then. It was honestly pretty damn hilarious, way better than shopping for shit she couldn't afford.

It all left her in pretty high spirits. To be honest he was really fuckin' chill and that was great, like most people would try to start shit but at least he was funny. She gave him a genuine friendly grin as she got over her giggle fit.
"Oh I do stupid shit all the time!" she chirped, settling back into her wall. "I went to school today, that was pretty fuckin' dumb. So what's your name, bruh?" She'd have to ask because she'd need to keep an eye out for him. Like he looked like he'd be fun to hang out with, he actually got it instead of everyone else that was wrapped up in their own shit, y'know?
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Yeah, Rory cracked up too. At least this girl was smart enough to realize when she was getting fucked with. Usually the Cadet Drugs was enough to get people to rethink their petty threats, but this time not only was that not how it played out, she got a laugh out of it. "Ho...shit I think I'm gonna die..." Rory finally managed to stop laughing. Man, it'd been a while since he got a good laugh like that. He stood straight after managing to get himself under control. Okay, yeah, this entire conversation had all been worth it. The girl had been a bit weird, and she'd told a bit of a lame lie, but Rory liked her. She was WAY more interesting than most people he ended up running into in this city. "No, but seriously I get the feeling the Cadets are pretty desperate this days anyway." He stated that simply. "Just not desperate enough to accept a guy like me. Not that I've ever applied. I don't want to become a dog of the city. Not gonna lie, I respect them for what they do, but I'm perfectly happy where I am now."

Rory shrugged a little. "School IS pretty stupid, I gotta admit. Like, everyday it's just the same garbage you learned yesterday, cuz one kid was too dumb to get it the first time. I get the whole nobody left behind thing, but honestly..." Rory shook his head with a sigh. Yeah, school was a major bummer. He didn't miss it. Out of all the things he'd lost in the apocalypse, that was the ONLY one he didn't want back. It was a pain, and ate up time that could be put elsewhere. "So what brings you to this part of Endymion?"

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Latest?cb=20170927223203

"Oh, right. My name. I'm Zack. And you?"

Yeah, he wasn't going to drop his real name quite yet. She wasn't bad to hang around, but there was no fun in revealing EVERYTHING yet. Honestly? He was expecting a fake name out of her too.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 am

At least he was like agreeable and shit, for scum he wasn't half bad. Well, bad scum. Not scum scum. Like he was scummy but couldn't be scummy? Whatever he was her crowd but like not all dumb thuggish and shit.
"Shyeah no kidding," she'd gossip with him, "Like I'd be desperate for bodies too if all you were gonna do with'em is throw'em in the meet grinder. Some of those stories are seriously gnarly. I heard that this one girl turned up, but like only half of her turned up and the other half wasn't very pretty." She'd frown in disgust for a second at her own comment but shrug at the next one. "A cop is a cop and cops are tools, I'm not gonna give someone a standing ovation because they chose to get, like, super powers to fight monsters with and shit. Like some of them are cool and I guess being a shining beacon of humanity or whatever other trash they put on posters but I take people for people, y'know? Like I don't have anything against them but I don't like being told who I should fucking praise."

She'd take another slow drag off of her cigarette a little after venting a bit. Patricia wasn't shy about saying what she thought about the Cadets. The delinquent honestly didn't have too many problems with them as hard as she spoke yet to her it was a yeah cool dude, good for you sort of thing but everyone else worshiped the ground they walked on and it honestly made her sick. Being a Cadet didn't make someone a good person, a lot of assholes were drawn to law enforcement and the military and anything else where you had power over other people just because it was an easy way to abuse it. Shit like this enabled a cycle of abuse with no way to fight it.

"I'unno, some people probably need it I just don't," she'd change gears, "Like if you need help you need help but like, when am I gonna use the fucking quadratic formula? Who even does that?" Seriously though fuck math. Math could suck a dick. But this was getting basic, like it was fun to bitch sometimes but if she wanted to get into a bitchfest she would've stayed with Jenny. That girl was never happy, AT ALL. But it was chill, if she did that she'd have to put up with it past when she was tired of it.
"Oh yeah, I'm on the run," she blatantly and obviously lied with a friendly smile, "Haha I hijacked a plane full of counterfit dinars and crashed it into the treeline on the edge of East Eden, you should really watch the news." It was a stupid joke but it played off what she was honestly doing there, it wasn't something worth sharing even to him. He probably wouldn't like her answer gauging on how he reacted earlier when she was the innocent schoolgirl.
"My name's Al Samira but I go by Cobra Death Mask in your filthy American language, nice to meet you. But no seriously I'm Patty."

He seemed pretty easy to joke with, Zack was pretty cool. She motioned her cigarette in the air as she continued to talk to him, eager to change the subject away from her dumb joke and the fact that she was hiding out from her girlfriends because she never wanted to come here to shop for handbags.
"I'd ask you the same thing but I kiiiiiinda know you're already failing at selling cheap knockoffs, sooooo how's the work? Get any good suckers today?" She'd focus on getting him talking about himself instead, it was the easiest way to hide shit. People couldn't tell you were hiding something if you never had to justify yourself.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 pm

"Oh, trust me, I've heard all the stories. The ones worth hearing anyway. Rumors never stop in this town. Which is a blessing, and a curse. One Cadet gets mauled by some demons and people never shut up about it. It's a real pain." 'Zack' groaned. He hated all the gory details about Cadet failure. Like, it was funny to listen to (Because honestly it was like an Epic Fails compilation without click bait) but some things were just GROSS man. Everyone always assumed just because he was a lowlife scumbag with no career-prospects except the name of a formerly famous company he was going to have an iron stomach. These people were wrong and smelt bad. Well, maybe just the first part. The second part was just subjective.

"I never learned anything important in school. Except that the only thing anyone cares about is how much money you have. Oh, and if you brought hot chips for lunch. Cuz suddenly everybody's your best friend in the world. Like 'Oh hey Zack, are those Spicy Hot? Remember that time you tripped and I made a joke and you laughed? Pass som' dat' love on B'.' Or a classic. 'Gimmie'." 'Zack' shook his head. Alright, so maybe nobody ever called him 'B' but the rest was accurate. All anyone had cared about was his name. Which was annoying as all hell. He was a scumbag now, but at least nobody was pestering him about his name.

"Oh, well isn't that a coinky-dink. See, they call me Agent 80085. And I'm here to arrest people like you who are shit at landing planes." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. He didn't read the news. It was much more fun to make shit up.

"Yeah, I've found a few. Not everyone's like you,
and able to actually play the game. Everyone just thinks they're winning, but...none of them ever really come close. I'm better at it than you'd think, promise.
'Zack'/Agent 80085 stated. "Well...70% of the time." Sometimes it was fun to play around.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 3:00 am

"Eh, I like the rumors," Patricia smiled with a shrug, "It's something to talk about, y'know? And like it's pretty fun seeing how far they go, even the ones that are obviously bullshit. The Demons eating people one is pretty true though, I think it was on the news." It totally wasn't on the news, just something she hard from Tamara that heard it from Diana that heard it from... someone probably. But it wasn't that hard to believe. Demons were killing people left and right from what the news had you think, how implausible would it be that one of those was true?
"Besides it's totally fun to twist it a little bit and then listen to people repeat it. It's like, fucking science or some shit. It's really cool."

She was almost done with her cigarette but there was like one more hit off of it she could enjoy. This was waaaaaay better than... uh... huh. Patty forgot why she was there in the first place. Oh well, it'd come to her. Fuck, she'd been forgetting shit all day actually. Whatever, not her problem for now.
"Dude hot chips though...!" she exclaimed with wide eyes. Hot chips were the shit yo. Like she didn't eat chips outside of school lunch at all but something about having them at the table was freakin'... like just wicked, y'know? The thug would laugh along with him as Zack screwed around being a secret agent. As if she didn't know what 80085 meant.
"Ahaha, sorry officer, but I don't think I'm in your jurisdiction," Patty joked, gesturing down the front of her shirt. Whatever, she was pretty aware she didn't have anything in front. Not like she couldn't pick up guys anyway. Honestly she didn't want the back pain and getting stared at.

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Superi10

"Yeah everyone likes to think they're smart but I don't think that many people are when it comes down to it. So yeah you did good in school and shit and you got a good job, you still get hustled on the street right? How smart can ya really be?"

People were seriously a lot dumber than they thought they were. But y'see Patty knew that so she was aware that she wasn't as smart as she thought she was and it worked out. As long as she didn't think about it too much. It sorta got her curious though.
"Okay so like, who actually buys this junk? Is it just like old guys and dumb kids or what? Seriously I can't imagine too many people go for this kinda junk."
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 10:06 pm

"Eh, some are just cartoonishly fake. Like, I don't believe a Cadet's ever been tied to railroad tracks and run over." Rory sighed a little. The fake rumors could get a bit...odd. But sometimes, truth was stranger than fiction. Which made the whole thing just a big grab-bag of what could be true and what could be false. "I guess I can see some of the appeal. Any sort of potential news and people eat it right up." 'Zack' chuckled giving a shrug. People in this town could be so fake it wasn't even funny. Not that he was any exception, having lied about his identity like...four times in the last ten minutes. But did he care? Absolutely not.

"Yeaaah Hot Chips are pretty great. I can't even lie about it. But that's why it's annoying that everybody wants some. Like I BOUGHT these this time. Back off."' Zack' smirked. One of his favorite pass times used to be denying Hot chips. It filled him with purpose during the long school days. "Oh, no, you're absolutely not in my jurisdiction. Hard to be in the jurisdiction of an agent who probably doesn't exist. Or maybe he does. I'd hate to actually get stuck with that one though. It'd bite super bad."

"Yeah. Honestly, the ones with super high opinions of themselves are easy to scam. If you ever wanna get into conning, just remember to set the first price a bit higher than what you're actually charging. That way when they 'think' they've haggled a bit off the price they're just paying you about as much as the actual price." Of course, it wasn't one of his actual tactics. No, that'd just be dumb to give away. Then people could expect it. "Though...if you feel like actually getting into the real conning someday, hit me up. I can get you set up good. You'd be great at it."

"Who do I con? Oh, all sorts of people. Rich, ol-" Rory was cut off by his watch beeping. "Ah, damn...that'll be the babysitter." Trust nobody, even your younger brother, aftervall... "It's been fun chatting with you, Patty," He still really hated that name. "But I need to get back to the Hall of Doom. Catch you later." With that said, Zack began to walk away. He'd learned a lot in that interaction-though mostly that there WERE some interesting people in this town.

And also actual Stacy's. He thought they were just in TV shows.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:17 pm

"Ha! You mean the railway shutdown?" the delinquent remarked, "I'm uh, pretty sure if that happened it'd be all over the news and everyone would be out for blood so yeah you're right, it's kinda dumb." People liked to make up whatever stupid crap that sounded interesting just to impress other people. Like, she did it all the time, it was super easy. The train stations shutting down was probably some computer error or some shit but it didn't even get mentioned on the news anywhere that she noticed, she had to find out the hard way when she was trying to come back home after a night of partying. That cut curfew pretty close.

"Yo dude. Dude. The best tasting Hot Chips are the ones that belong to someone else," she smirked, "I dunno, like probably all food in general. I guess I'm just a food theif." Not gonna lie stuff tasted better when you took it from someone else's plate. Also you got to watch them be all mad and laugh at them. Patty'd steal food even if she wasn't hungry just for the reactions she got.

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Devili11

"I mean it could be worse. Your secret identity could be Richard Puller."

Patricia was having a lot of fun just going back and forth like this, it was pretty cool to just chill and talk about this kind of stuff. Her girlfriends usually had a limit on how much of her perverted shit they'd put up with and like there was drama and shit. Drama was retarded. She just wanted to gossip and not get pulled into some kind of political bitch contest.
"Yeah I could see that. Like supermarkets do that kind of junk all the time and everywhere on Black Friday, where they call it a sale but like they didn't do anything but say it's on sale? I learned that in Economi- ...fuck I guess I actually do learn in school, ahaha. I'll keep it mind but uh, your con game's weak bruh. I was about a 50/50 on kicking you in the dick when you asked if I wanted a wanted to buy a watch, preeeeetty sure I would've tazed you if I was who I said I was." The delinquent gave him an arrogant smile but also looked at his watch when it off. Y'know it'd kind of suck if they all did that all day everyday considering he was selling them. But he like... he had a kid? ...yeah...yeah she'd buy that. She could see him knocking some chick up and being poor, shit like that happened. Couldn't really see someone like him sticking around though but he had some kind of morals, that much he couldn't lie about. Dude she was the easiest sell and he just messed that up.

"Yeah sure Zack, I'll see you around I bet. You should go sell shit outside of Seven Stars some time, plenty of idiots there." With her last hook she'd let him go, just in time to run into her own problems.
"Hey girl! Where'd you go?"
"Hey! Yo I tried finding a vending machine but all the Starkist was sold out no matter where I looked so I said screw it. I didn't see you guys in the store, where'dya go?"
"Patty we like, never left. You're just blind."
"Haha yeah I guess so! My nose was in my phone a lot."
"Who was that guy you were talking to...?"
"What guy?"
"Don't play dumb bitch you were totally chatting up that guy right now."
"Okay okay, I kinda blew you guys off to talk to that guy get off my back, 'kay?"
"Oooooooh he was pretty cute! What's his name?"
"Steven. He's pretty cool, he's a college dude, he's got a motorcycle."
"No. Way."
"Uuuuuh shyeah way?"

~~EXIT~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)   Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory) Empty

Back to top Go down

Money for Nothing (Patricia & Rory)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next