Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) Empty
PostSubject: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) Dbfafe02832f1469d429f5653eb920c897d59d1c_00

Ben Hanabusa
"“You can't outwit fate by placing little sidebets on the game of life. You either play to win or you don't play at all."

The Biography

Birth Name: Ben Hanabusa
Aliases: "Screwjack" his gamer handle and online name.
Birth Day: February 29th
Arcana: Magus
Place of Residence: Endymion/Little Tokyo
Academy Semester: Second Year
Class: Zero

Sorority: Ben has been busy exploring the city and just started a part time job, so he hasn't joined any clubs yet.

Part Time Job: Works part time at Nico's Arcade Room in Vista Square. He fixes broken games from time to time, but mostly restocks the vending and quarter machines.

Appearance:

Ben's physical appearance isn't anything special. He's not really one to  stand out from a crowd. He's 5'10" tall and weighs about 130lbs. Ben has short black hair that's usually a bit disheveled, grayish-blue eyes, and a soft expression that only adds to his polite demeanor. Aside from his school uniform, Ben's casual attire usually consists of some kind of graphic tee and blue jeans, maybe a solid colored track jacket. His body is skinny and lacking any signs of muscle. Basically, he's visually forgettable to most people. In an effort to stand out more, he started collecting decorative pins that he tacks onto his backpack and hats.

Personality:

Outwardly, Ben portrays himself as a polite, soft-spoken boy. He doesn't really make an effort to hide some of his naïve nature because he can't really help himself and doesn't realize when he's being childish. It's mostly a result of his small town upbringing. Ben is still getting used to city life. He has a tendency to get bored quickly, and constantly seeks out curiosities to stimulate his brain. The average life he had previously led outside of Endymion only further instilled his disposition to boredom. He would rather risk obvious danger than live a completely average day again. Ben's desire to learn new things and seek adventure also causes him to drop his politely formal demeanor sometimes, and show his contempt towards people he finds either boring, willfully ignorant, or hypocritical.

In spite of his small and meek personality, Ben has a fairly strong inner character. He can, at times, call on an iron will that gives him moments of clarity. Moments when he will openly express his opinions and stand up for his sense of righteousness in spite of being shy or scared. Ben also possesses a strong sense of moral balance and actively speaks out against those he sees as criminal. His speaking out proves a useless effort more often than not, but that doesn't stop him from doing it.

Aside from all of that, Ben has a bit of a dark side to his personality. Because of his strong desire for individual growth, Ben detests his own "normality" and hates how plain he is seen by others. He thinks of everyone else as each having some kind of special quality that sets them apart from one another. While he remains bland and uninteresting. This frustration at himself can turn outward, causing Ben to develop a much more cold-hearted temperament. Deep down, he holds a belief that his continued personal evolution and protection of what is his, depends on the will to seize power by force. And using any means necessary. While in this mindset, Ben can become more manipulative than he appears to be and is very capable of using ruthless methods to achieve his goals.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Gnosiophile
Description: He has a love for gaining knowledge and learning new things, as well as natural curiosity towards the unknown. (+15% SP)

Strength Name: Autodidact
Description: Much of Ben's knowledge and abilities have been self-taught. Since he finds the conventional learning methods of school to be boring, he prefers a hands on approach so he can pick up on things more quickly. (Double EXP generated from Intelligence)

Strength Name: Tactical Mind
Description: Tactics games have always been one of his favorite past-times, and he's got a natural skill for them. This makes him very perceptive and patient. Allowing him to usually gain the upper hand when executing any strategic plan. (Critical Hits deal +10% damage)

Strength Name: Social Perception
Description: A life of envying the uniqueness in others has made Ben very perceptive. He can use this perception to psychoanalyze people with quickness and relative accuracy. This makes it easier for him to communicate with people in any situation. (+15% Luck in battle when one or more allies share a Social Link with you.)

Strength Name: Amateur Mechanic
Description: Since he began working at the arcade, Ben took on an unofficial apprenticeship with the mechanics that fix broken game machines there. He's become pretty competent in a short amount of time.

-----
((A floating Strength is a strength you've gained inRP. For example, if you were on a Kendo team for some time, you'd naturally know Kendo which is where this strength would come in. However, be aware, it will not be as strong as any of your actual strengths and is a small plus)

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

------------
Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Flimsy Physique
Description: Ben is not particularly a wimp, but he isn't muscular, has no athletic talent or promise, and the stamina of a lazy housecat. (-15% HP)

Weakness Name: Naïve
Description: Due largely to his small town upbringing, Ben can become overwhelmed with the vast and energetic city life. He can often get confused or taken advantage of since he lacks a lot of real life experience. (-10% chance to land Critical Hits)

Weakness Name: Arrogance
Description: Despite his outwardly timid nature, Ben has both an overconfidence in his own abilities, and a pointed lack of faith in the abilities of others. This often makes it difficult for him to ask for help when he needs it, trust others to perform correctly, and listen to the useful advice of experts. (Halves EXP generated from Expression)

Weakness Name: Cold Hearted Calculation
Description: The darker side of his personality can give him an uncompromising mindset. It leads Ben to make effective decisions, but those decisions usually have consequences that rub people the wrong way. (-15% Luck in battle if no allies share a Social Link with you.)

Weakness Name: Unimposing
Description: Ben's personality and physique makes it hard for anyone to be intimidated by him. It also makes some people choose not to take him seriously, even when he has a good suggestion.

-----
((A floating weakness is one gained in RP. It could be a fear you inherited during RP, or an injury that hinders your character. Some can be temporary while others can be permanent.)

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:
---------------------------

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Sumimasen ("Sorry")
Weapon Description: A screwdriver on a chain attached to him by the hip. Like a kunai ninja weapon, but with a screwdriver instead of a kunai/knife. In combat, it's used like a whip, but meant to pierce the target like a knife rather than striking or slashing at the enemy. The handle of the screwdriver is small and dark orange in color. The metal point is .2 meters long and appears to be made of black steel. The chain is also black steel and 1.6 meters long. It has a total reach of 1.8 meters when thrown.  
Weapon Image: (Sorry no picture. Scoured the internet and couldn't find anything close to what I'm describing.)
Weapon Attack Type: Pierce
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Excuse You
Side-Arm Description: A classic magnum revolver with long barrel. Black steel with yellow western decorative swirl patterns.
Side-Arm Image:
Spoiler:
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style:
Revolver - Single Shot - Accuracy is increased by 20%. Consumes only one type of ammo per use. Can shoot only one enemy at a time.

The Background

History:

"Me? You'd be better off asking someone else. I'm sure they'd have a much better story to tell...but I guess it'd be rude to refuse to answer your question. My name is Ben Hanabusa. It's a pleasure to meet you. Huh? Oh, yeah, I've been told I can act too formal for the city. Sorry if that put you off. What was that? Yeah, my Dad's Japanese. Mom...uh..she's Dutch or something. I don't know, we're just Americans anyway, so I've never really paid attention to it. And I suppose nations aren't really that important after The Great Divide, right?

I was born and raised in a small town, Angel Grove. Ever heard of it? Yeah, I guess not. It used to be right on the border between California and Oregon. Most people would just drive by it without noticing. It was a pretty easy place to miss. Still is, even after The Eternal Divide. It's called Angel Grove because it remains untouched by most of the world outside of it. I guess a lot of people think that's a good thing, my parents sure do, but I started to get mixed feelings about it. I mean, sure I care about the town, that's still my home when it comes down to it. I grew up thinking Angel Grove was so big, vast, interesting...I couldn't tell you exactly when that changed, but it did. I got tired of the hum-drum. The same old stuff everyday. Didn't want my entire life to be spent there. It's like, when there's nothing new left to do, your circumstances start to feel less like an open path and more like a cage, ya know? You're only 'free' in the sense that you get to choose from the menu. What about the other stuff that's not on the menu? Anyway, Mom and Dad are country folk, but our family does well enough with the vineyard and all, so I told them I wanted to move to a city to get a better education. I didn't really care what city, just a city. They figured there would be no place safer than Endymion. Not to mention how close it is to home. So yeah, here I am.

I had a couple friends that lived here when I moved to show me around. Tim and MiMi are pretty cool. Oh! I mean Mimori! Please don't tell her I called her that! She doesn't really like that nickname...and she can be pretty damn scary when she's mad. Huh? No, they never lived in Angel Grove, I met them on Arknet. Pardon? Oh yeah, I guess I should explain. When I got bored of Angel Grove, I started internet surfing and playing online games a lot. I got tired of joining all these different chat rooms and stuff just to communicate with my teams that play different games, so I made Arknet. It's a members-only website for gamers all over the world. I guess it's been getting popular, more people seem to be spreading the password around. Not many people know I made that site, but I don't mind. Everyone knows Screwjack is the admin, so that's enough for me. Yeah, if you ever see the name Screwjack online, that's me.

Why Screwjack? Hmm, I don't really know. Actually, now that you mention it, I never really thought about it. I guess it's probably because I've always liked to take things apart to see how they work, or how I might consider myself a sorta Jack-of-all-trades? Geez, that sounds pretty stupid when I say it out loud. How embarrassing. I'm actually just going to stick with 'I don't know'. Just forget the other stuff, OK?

Let's see, what else...

Oh, I work at Nico's Arcade Room in Vista Square. Most people just call it Nico's. I didn't really apply for the job, I actually won it, heheh. Nico himself challenged me to a game called GALAXY JUMP, you know, the one where you have to fight the space ninjas? Anyway, I'd beaten his high score, which I guess he was pretty proud of, so he said he wanted to go head-to-head. Said I could play there for free the whole year if I won. I was pretty short on cash most of the time back then, so I said I would only play him if he changed the stakes. If I won, he'd have to hire me part time. I figured a steady paycheck was more beneficial than free games. It was surprising when he actually took the bet, and well, I already told you I work there now so you know what happened next. What would've happened if I lost? Erm...I don't remember...but I guess it doesn't really matter since I didn't lose, right? Yeah!

Well, I think that pretty much covers it. Pretty boring, huh? Yeah, I'm just kind of an average high-schooler. Not that much to tell right now, but I moved here hoping to change that. Life has gotten a little less boring every day since I got here. I really don't want that to stop. Oh man, I forgot I was supposed to meet up with Tim and Mimi. It's been a pleasure talking to you, though. Let's hang out sometime again!"

Last edited by Syntax Error on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:36 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Alright.

For your soulbound, I'm gonna need some form of measurement tbh just so people can gauge how long it is.

For your first strength, you can put +15% to your SP stat rather than +10 SP, as thats usually how stat boosting strengths work. For your social perception strength as well, you could take 15% bonus to luck whenever someone in the party with you has a social link with you in battle.

For your weaknesses, this would be the same. As your HP weakness would be a -15% to your HP total. While for your crit strength/weakness, you can say you have an extra 10% damage when critting, but have a -10% chance to crit.

Also for appearence gonna need height and weight.

Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 pm

OK.

* I added 5'10" tall and 130lbs to the appearance.

* The soulbound weapon has a restricted reach of 1.8 meters. I thought that should be long enough to have a bit of range while still remaining a melee weapon. Just let me know if that's too much and I'll change it.

* All the strength/weakness changes mentioned were changed: +15% SP/-15% HP. +10%crit damage/-10%crit chance. +15%Luck with SL/-15%Luck without SL.

I also changed his arcana to Magus. Is that OK? Sorry, I meant to change it from Jester to Magus in my draft before posting it here, but forgot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Alright.

Everything seems fine except just gotta clarify, so the Screwdrivers chains length is 1.8 meter? This becomes important, especially for situations as pvp as people have to understand how long your weapon is specifically. It's basically swung with the chain to throw it?
Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 am

Correct. He swings the chain in order to throw it to make up for his lack of strength. The weapon wouldn't really hurt enough if he used just his arm. Just to simplify, we can say the chain is 1.6 meters while the screwdriver is .2 meters long. Giving the entire weapon a reach of 1.8 meters total (about 2 yards/6 feet). In terms of combat mechanics, think of it like a whip that does piercing damage rather than strike/slash damage. Should I edit that into the sheet for clarification?
EDIT: I just put all of that in the sheet so the soulbound weapon is now completely elaborated on...I think
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 2:39 am

If you're going to be a Cadet, Class should be Zero.
Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 7:39 am

OK. The sheet said "(This will be filled in for you once you're approved.)" So I wasn't sure whether to put that or not. I added it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)   Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Hanabusa (Endymion NC)
Page 1 of 1