Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] Empty
PostSubject: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 2:48 am

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] 615

The world is full of unlucky events. People come and go, they die and many are reborn. It is an endless cycle of rebirth and death that will never end no matter what forces may oppose it. A massive force of nature, that is the Core. Whether it existed in all worlds ever known was uncertain, but everyone in Azores and every form of it was now aware of some kind of presence akin to it. The universes were all joined together, connected by a labyrinth of webs and portals. It created one big universe; which connected to another space with its own set of universes. A Multiverse...

In this realm, time and space meant very little. You could go anywhere and do anything. Being inside of the core of this Universe however, could mean so much. It could consume you in its immense energy, or perhaps you may come out of it with something new. For this woman, Raina Lockwood, her fate would be decided here. People knew when to move on and accept death, for all would be rewritten, erased, written again, and edited within the confines of this core.

But what if someone didn't want to move on? What if they wanted to change the threads of its Universe? Drastic effects would need to be taken. Would Raina have considered doing all of this if she knew the potential effects...?

They say you can do anything you put your mind to, and perhaps that very idea is what led the mother here today. As she floated through incomprehensible imagery and a multitude of color, in the distance, she would see a familiar face. And then another, then another. And then countless faces appeared and vanished. Images of the islands she knew and places he had never seen overflooded her mind. The fact that she was still conscious was nothing short of a miracle in and of itself. If she kept thinking however, a presence would appear before her. His hair a stark white, and an unhealthy complexion. His image flickered in and out of vision much like the girl she saw before. Speaking of which, Milan, Eva, Angela and the girl were suspiciously absent from the picture. It was just this woman, and this boy, who opened his mouth to try and speak. Unfortunately all that came out was something inaudible, so for the moment he remained silent. He seemed to be in a state of disbelief, unsure of what to think at the moment.

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] Near-110

". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Last edited by Grantus on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:44 pm

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] 0fae7cc5d59f7420bfcf3235f4467f828d378491

As she fell into the multiverse that was ahead of her, her mind was blank. To think she'd get this far... It was honestly a task she never thought she'd ever complete. To get to the point where the universe was literally at her finger tips... It was a surreal feeling watching the endless possibilities branch in front of her. They'd flash and flicker, countless people all living, dying, coming back. She didn't know whether to breath or not... It was such a strange feeling being there.

She knew she shouldn't be able to resist the sensory overload she was experiencing... And she felt none of the people she had journeyed with near her. She was alone in this place as she fell through the countless worlds. Words, sounds, smells, images, people. She thought she saw her husband once, maybe even her mother... It felt so far away now... The countless deaths in her life... She wanted to change it all, but she knew who needed her help the most. Was it foolish, selfish even? She loved her husband... But he chose a path that she wouldn't fix.

Time didn't feel to exist as she fell, and as she fell, she thought. People did indeed die, that wasn't something she was foreign to. The least of it, Death himself was a demon that haunted her life. But, people had all died for a reason before her son did. He was young, happy, recovering from his mental downfall. He had made friends, bonds with people. He was taken from this world too soon... And a mother's pain to see her son bloodied and battered... To be stolen from her because some angel wanted to test them... She'd cry as she thought she saw that very angel. His name never left her mind... It was always there as the beast who took her son. Israfel, the angel of power.

She fell farther, but this time it felt as if she was being anchored to reality. She didn't know how to process what she saw at first. That pale face with eyes that always seemed slightly gloomy. A messy mop of white hair that got in his eyes and covered his ears. Those red pupils that looked as if they were painted on. She hadn't seen her son in so long that she could hardly believe it. It felt like she was standing now... On what she knew not, but she'd step forward towards the image of her son. Was he... Was he alive right now? Was he like that girl from earlier? Or was he just an echo? An after thought of this twisted reality?

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] PKceCsF

"It's really you... Isn't it, my dear? How long has it been...? It has felt like an eternity my son..."

She'd say, feeling as if a chilly breeze past her by. This was so impossible. Insane. Was this even real right now...? What if this just a cruel, awful dream she had created? But, why would that change anything? Why would she give up? She'd look at her son, tears falling from her eyes as she saw her son. It was him... The son she had lost...

"I've done so much research... So much time has been put into finding you, Nilo... I-I... I have your journal, you know..." she'd say as she held it up. The worn leather journal tied with a flowing red ribbon. She tied it there so she never forgot about him... In case she ever went insane... Ever lost her mind... She would always remember why.

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] J2MeZRO

"C-Can you speak? Or... Are you... Has your voice been stolen as well?"

She'd ask with a concerned, going to press her hand against his cheek before hesitating. If he was like the girl, touching him could disrupt his form... And he already seemed so fragile as is. She wanted to console her son, to hold him... But she couldn't... Not now... She'd kneel in front of him though, hands on her knees as she looked into his eyes.

"Before we do anything... Before we go forward... You deserve to know what I'm doing here..." she'd say with a tired face. It was dawning on her like a heavy weight was pressing against her shoulders. She was fine with dying for her son... She'd giver her everything just to give him a second, more fare chance. But she knew her son would object. He was a good boy, and he loved her... But she loved him more than the moon loved the sun. She'd sacrifice her all just to save him from this unfair fate.

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] IId0uTH

"Nilo... I'm here to bring you back to life. I don't know how and I don't know when... But I'm going to give you the life that angel stole back. I... I may not survive this, my dear. I may not even be able to come back with you... I don't know what will happen... But I'm giving my life to you, my son. Don't object, and listen to your mother, alright? What happened to you wasn't just. It was cruel... Too cruel for words. I'm here to right the wrong he did to you, but if it means only one of us can get out... I'm choosing you and that's final."

She'd say with a tired but stern face. She couldn't believe this was happening. She'd stand after smiling at her son, looking towards the multiverse with an uncertain heart. Where would she go? Where did they need to go? She needed to find Angela, and that was it. And so, she'd look back at her son and hold out her hand to him.

"Come now, Nilo. It's time to go for a walk, alright? This time you won't need an umbrella either."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 1:00 am

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] Near-110

Nilo looked to his mother's hand however he did not take it. " . . . . .Mother....why? You went to all of this effort for me...I am fine being here. Besides, I died because I was meant to. Even if it could have been prevented, taking me out here will only make it worse. Soon I am going to rest for good, and one day I will return as someone else. But if I leave now, there's no guarantee we will be together like we used to be.." he wasn't being rude, but he had a sort of confusion on his face. He had seen many things in his afterlife in this surreal world. Perhaps he learned more than he wished to...
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 1:57 am

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] YcbnuUk

"It is so good to hear your voice..."

She'd say as she looked back at her son. She had missed that voice... The quiet tone of it, the secrets he tried to hide with it, everything about it... She wanted to protect him from any further harm. She was here, and he was here. They were together again and that was what mattered right now. She'd look at him with sad eyes though, shaking her head.

"Never tell me you were meant to die. An accident does not turn into fate. You died before your time, and your death was preventable. Jack has spared me no details on the accounts of that day... Do not try and pull a veil over my eyes." she'd say with a shiver running through her spine. This was... Getting to her. Hearing her son say such things made her want to cry. But she gave up so much to just stop here. She was going to bring her son back and there was nothing he could say to stop her.

"I don't want you to be someone else though, Nilo. I want you to be you. And I don't want to be someone else and not be with the you I've known and loved for so very long... It won't ever be the same, not like what we've endured." she'd say with a softening tone. He was confused... That had to be it. Why else would he want to stay somewhere like this? He had been a dormant consciousness within this labyrinth for so long he must have come to some sort of faulty conclusion about his mortality. She didn't believe in reincarnation. And even if she did, she wasn't going to allow her son to just become someone else. No, she wouldn't allow herself either. She wasn't going to die hoping she'd be with her son again. No, she was going to fight in the here and now to give him a second chance, to be with him one last time and set things right.

"My son... There's never a guarantee we'll ever be together regardless of my actions now. If I die here, and if I come back as someone else... I won't even remember your name. Not your face, your words, nothing. I will have lived an entirely different life without ever knowing the you I know now. And that is a fate I will not stand for. I'm not going to die hoping I get to see you again. I'm going to live fighting for every second I can have with you before bringing you home." she'd say with a determined look on her face, holding out her hand once more. She wouldn't take anything he said because she wouldn't believe it. She didn't care if she destroyed any future 'chance' at being with her son... This was the only Nilo Lockwood she knew and this was the only one she ever wanted to be with and sacrifice herself for.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:17 pm

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] Giphy

Nilo shook his head. "You don't get it. This Core is like a house of cards. When one is pulled out of it, the entire set falls. If I leave with you and don't move on, it could threaten others...my friends. The Universe could start to unravel, maybe it'll try and rewrite history. If I don't accept my death, then this future that you have may end up being different. It may end up being worse than this. I don't want to take that risk...you shouldn't have come here." Even Nilo at this point looked incredibly pained. His life however he had grown to accept was gone, and was rather close to finally moving on. But the last thread of his life came back to haunt him as it were. "My friends are fighting so hard. And I don't want to see them die for my sake. They still have so much to do." He looked down at the void below them, before looking up to his mother. Perhaps he was not lying when he said the consequences of removing him from this void of death and resurrection would be severe. Even Raina was not blind to the sheer power the void held in front of her. To realize that somehow it had been injured or attacked was truly mindblowing. Anything could happen. However, could Raina move on from his death and leave to her home knowing what she had lost? Or was the pain of her son's death too much to bear...?

Battles raged on in other worlds.....was there no hope left but to let him go?

But if she took him....what would happen to the others....would they die....? The entire Universe's future would be completely different....?

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] 417072846_super

"I'm sorry Mother. I can't go with you...."

Will you Leave and Accept Nilo's Death.......?

Or will you bring him back, and change your "world" forever...?
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 pm

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] 0G1ChuY

"I'll replace your life with mine then."

She'd say quietly, looking at her son with softening eyes. She felt sad saying that... But she came here to sacrifice herself for her son. She'd rather die than let him suffer like this. She didn't care if he had come to accept his death. She didn't want that for her son. She didn't want the short, painful, and depressing life her son had. She wanted him to grow, to find what made him happy, to feel and experience all that it had for him. She had lived her life... And she had fought for her family... And now she was tired. So, so tired. She wanted to give up so badly when her son had passed away but his journal gave her hope. And she wasn't going to let that hope die now that she was here.

"Angelica said I could do something to save you, and I don't think she'd had even taken me here to do this if it meant jeopardizing someone's life. I am here to do whatever it takes to save you, and I won't accept that I have to just move on... I let your father go for you... And now I'll never get him back... I didn't try to stop him that night, and that pains me daily... I'm not going to make that mistake with you, Nilo. I won't just stand by and forget and act like you were nothing to me. Because you mean so much to me. I have sacrificed too much... And I have already forsaken countless worlds to come and do this, Nilo." she'd say with a solemn look on her face. She had done so much, and she wasn't going to look back and regret it. But she wasn't going to come back empty handed. She wasn't going to one day die knowing she didn't fulfill the promises she made to herself.

"There is so much I want to say to you... So much I want to do for you... But that may never come to pass... I may fail here, I may die here, I may destroy our entire lives... But I'll do so knowing everything I did, everything I am... Was for you, Nilo. That is all a mother wishes to do for her son... For her family... I won't give up on you even if it costs everything." she'd say, looking at her son with tired but determined eyes. She wasn't going to take no for an answer. The universe could fall apart around her and she could be the sole reason it all disappears. But that didn't matter to her... She didn't care if it would be her fault... Nothing mattered but her son.

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] LfZYbvP

"For you, my son, countless lives would be sacrificed. I won't allow you to disappear like you did. You are my son, and nothing will ever stop me from trying to save you."

A "world" will change one thousand times in the name of her son. Raina Lockwood will not be detered from saving he who she has sacrificed much for.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 pm

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] 8cbff19981b27b109b1877ceba75bd76

".......I can't let you give your life for me. Even taking my place, things will change. If I leave, knowing you died instead my life will go down a much different path. I know how it will end and I don't know what it'll mean for the others. If you want to take me instead..." He said, holding a clutched hand to his chest. "I will have to stop you. Don't make me do this Mother..." He himself looked at her with a pained look in his eyes. What Raina however was not aware of was that his pain was from seeing his family again, as well as what the future may hold. He didn't know every detail, but he could make educated guesses and knew certain things already. He knew what would happen if he left. If his mother took his place, it would perhaps keep everything stable, but it would still make many changes. Raina would have to take him by force if she was willing to make that change, however Nilo himself would not start it. If his mother was convicted to bring him back, then she would be willing to strike. Motherly discipline was never outside of her ability.

Nilo's Lingering Will:
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 1:29 am

She'd stay silent, a hand going to rub her arm gently. She'd close her eyes as all reasonable thought faded from her mind. She was tired... And sad... And she didn't want to do this... But she wouldn't allow anything to get in her way... If that meant she had to force Nilo to go along with her ideals she'd do so. This plain had warped his mind... Of course it did... She just had to believe in that possibility to get through this. She'd trick herself into fighting him if she had too... It was for him, after all.

"To force your mother to attack you... Fate is cruel... But I expected this. I didn't come here expecting you'd allow me to sacrifice myself... I just wish you would listen." she'd say with a solemn sigh. She'd open her now vibrantly yellow eyes before summoning her soul bound weapon. She'd raise her hands skyward as she called forth her persona. She wouldn't allow anything to get in her way. She couldn't.

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] NSG4KW6

"I'll make this quick then... Just endure this so that I can bring you back home."

Raina Lockwood's Stats:

Raina Lockwood's Action:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 am

Nilo himself was not entirely surprised by her conviction. However her aim could use some work. As he fired her attack, Nilo seemed to shift to the side and out of its way. Nilo himself would not respond. He had no intent to hurt his flesh and blood until she did herself.

Nilo's Lingering Will:
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 1:45 pm

"..."

She'd hesitate as the attack missed. Was she losing her touch here? Even when that attacked didn't work on enemies it always had hit. She'd fidget before reeling back to attack once again. She wasn't going to miss this time. She was going to make him come home.

Raina Lockwood's Stats:

Raina Lockwood's Action:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 1:22 am

While the attack would connect this time, Nilo would stand there, apparently unaffected by her attack. It was an element he used to be adept in, and it has altered his abilities while in this strange void. He now chose this time to go on the offensive. He snapped his fingers, and as his body began to flicker, a strange thinning sensation washed over Raina's body, while Nilo would feel a similar feeling. If he was being forced to fight, he would have to prove himself strong enough to hold his mother back.

Nilo's Lingering Will:
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 1:34 am

One of the issues with fighting her son is that she didn't know any of his strengths or weaknesses. He had mentioned briefly the ability to sense if someone held a potential power or not, but aside from that there was very little. Of course, he had fallen on his first real expedition... He would have probably written about every technique used in those battles had he not fallen. So much had been taken from him... And she couldn't falter.

As the ability went off, she'd shiver gently as she felt the strange sensation. She had to be on guard. She knew she'd be able to withstand an ability like her's, but if it was something else... She'd stand on guard before calling her person forth. If she had to be aggresive, she would. She wouldn't allow her son to just disappear.

"If I must fight you with forth... Then so be it."

Raina Lockwood's Stats:

Raina Lockwood's Action:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Nilo said nothing. His mother was committed and he could no longer convince her. He felt a familiar sensation of pain from the flames that were cast on him, which felt both surreal and unsettling. He had been gone for so long that he had lost the sensation and did not remember how it felt. For the time being however he would have to weaken her. He opened his mouth and a strange tune emanated from it. It was not that Nilo was a bad singer, but moreso that the tune was eerie, and sounded like hymns sung from demons.

Nilo's Lingering Will:
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 2:02 am

A frown would cross her face as she heard the strange hymn. It felt foreign, strange... But, it reminded her of the song she used to sing to her son when he was young. She'd smile weakly after the attack passed by her. Maybe that was why it didn't hurt her... Because it was one she already knew... It was hard to tell, but she'd hum back to her son gently.

"Tick tock, time doesn't stop... Prepare your doubts, eat them up." she'd sing quietly to herself, a tear slipping from her eye. She'd look up at her son, her persona gone for the moment. She didn't know how to act after hearing that song even if it had no real affect on her. She'd simply stand there, with a shivering body.

"I don't know if you remember... But when we first moved to Azores... You would get so scared of all the bugs making noises outside. It was so cold where we lived that we didn't have such noisy crickets and cicadas... I'd have to sing to you so you would fall asleep." she'd say solemnly, rubbing her arm as she remembered those quiet but beautiful nights. They made her sad thinking back to them... It didn't feel like a good memory anymore... And she wanted them to be good ones.

"Jack's grown quite tall, you know. It's amazing what time does to someone who dedicates themselves to the good of others... He's an admiral man now... I wish you two could have been friends longer... I want you to go and see him again, Nilo... He misses you so much..." she'd say with a look of sadness on her face. She felt pain thinking about Jack at a time like this... She had done all of this and he had no idea of her current actions... It upset her... It worried her... Did he even know she was away from Azores...?

"Why won't you let me do this for you, Nilo...? Why resist...? Just let me send you home... Please..."

Raina Lockwood's Stats:

Raina Lockwood's Action:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Nilo's song was not particularly reminiscent of what he remembered. That isn't to say he had forgotten, moreso that the ability took on another form in this world. It was changed perhaps. He couldn't help but feel nostalgic when remembering Jack, and knowing that he had now grown sweetened it. He shook his head lightly however. He had given that all up for his nonfuture, and he was more than happy with it. "I won't go back; without me maybe he never would have turned into what he is now. I won't upset that. Please stand down, or I will not stop. All you are doing is forcing what you believe onto me and worse yet, your world and every other world. I will not simply let you do that. You need to get through me first."

Nilo's Lingering Will:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]   The Price For One Chance [???/Raina] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Price For One Chance [???/Raina]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next