Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
After Hours (Vivian) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
After Hours (Vivian) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
After Hours (Vivian) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
After Hours (Vivian) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
After Hours (Vivian) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
After Hours (Vivian) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
After Hours (Vivian) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

After Hours (Vivian)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

After Hours (Vivian) Empty
PostSubject: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 3:05 am

After Hours (Vivian) 2zgu2s3

Maria was displeased.

She just got off the phone with Shiina with a sour look on her face. There was so much going on on their side too and they were just forced to retreat. Lisa injured and a number of their Cadets running off, it was a such a shit storm for Isla's servants. This was a horrible start for the beginning Cadets. On top of that, Vivian and Maria were forced to forsake Julius and possibly Alex for a night. How could things get this bad? Maybe she should've stayed back to help them. But orders were orders, and Maria couldn't just ignore them.

The Cadet sighed as she pocketed the phone after bidding Shiina a good evening, for whatever that's worth.

"It sounds like they're safe, but... tonight, the operations are impeded," Maria reported with a depressed tone. "But they're fine."

It made her wonder if this was alright. So much had happened tonight. She wanted to just forget it all and probably head to bed. But with Vivian's cajoling... that may have to wait. Honestly though, how was she able to pull Maria and her coffin? What kind of Herculean strength did she have? Sure she was still reeling the effects of her condition, despite the pain finally relenting from leaving combat. It does seem that motivation can be an adequate explanation for most things. But, there's always the nun who isn't exactly resisting her pull either.

After Hours (Vivian) CwWLpM3

"Vivian? I don't think I should be drinking..."
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 9:33 pm

After Hours (Vivian) 54e0f78e65cf2c96632380dccc563a81

Hearing the others were fine enough even though Vivian hadn't met any of them to her knowledge. The night was over enough and she planned to take the early morning off. Maybe she would study up or talk to Derrick. Seeing that Maria wasn't exactly resisting, she would pull her out of the vicinity of the mission area, and down the street. The Little Tokyo was home to tea and plenty of sights, but Japanese culture means Japanese alcohol; stronger than steel and enough to make you grow hair on your chest. "Why not? It'll be exciting. I'll get you a juice box or something if you really can't. If you're worried about driving I can help you with that and get you home. Not taking no for an answer young'n!" she said, basically dragging Maria down the street against her will, but it didn't seem to bother Vivian. They both had a long night, and it wasn't even over. Maybe Maria could use some time to unwind, and whatever god existed knew Vivian needed something strong.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Oh Isla, what has she done to deserve this?

Maria wasn't one to easily succumb to peer pressure, but Vivian was awfully pushy about alcohol. She seemed so vibrant and positive about drinking some ilk that had an awful taste. She couldn't even tolerate the foam from her father's beer when he cracked one open after a long night from work. What made Vivian think she could chug and lug like the rest of them? If anything, any bit of alcohol would be wasted on her.

After Hours (Vivian) VQZxlEs

"I'm not old enough to drink, Vivian! We really shouldn't be breaking laws like that, you know? We're Cadets."

She tried to coax her away from being too indulgent with such decadence. As people trusted with protecting the city, wouldn't it be unsightly of them to abuse their authority? They needed to be more attentive in being role models for everyone and to keep this city functioning. Or otherwise, what made them any different than Psyche-Terrorists?

After Hours (Vivian) C7i5r9V

"But... I guess I'll come if you want me that badly, Vivian."

Seeing how avid she was for company and that the Forgotten owed her for coming, just one night to watch her peer get drunk was a just price. But there was more to it...
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 10:36 pm

After Hours (Vivian) Tumblr_o0z5o05Nh71t0jazco6_1280

Vivian frowned at her. Too young? But in the end, Maria did agree to join her so damn right she would continue to bring them into a nearby tavern of no notoriety. She'd finally let go of her there and immediately skip to the bar table, and plop herself onto it, spinning towards the bartender. "How about something heavy and doesn't taste like any fruit in particular." The barman nodded if albeit hesitated slightly and went to go make their drink, trying to figure out how the hell to make a drink that fitted such a description. Meanwhile, she'd turn back to Maria and wave to her. "Cmon, at least sit with me. We have to catch up, the night is still young!" She would await Maria to at least join her, and stop the bartender before he got started on her drink to tell him something that Maria could not overhear from the noise in the bar. He nodded and went to work on the drink Vivian had asked for, however he got two glasses instead of one. Was Vivian going to drink two drinks?!
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 11:18 pm

After Hours (Vivian) YA8yqUi

"Sure... Let's."

She hesitantly entered the tavern with Vivian, feeling very out of place than usual. Of course, like every damn time, people would stare at her for the large coffin on her back. Normally she was used to this and wouldn't care. After all, it is a common occurrence every time she left the Church and she rarely left it even though she hated that place. It was just that with the tavern, it was all alien territory for her. The establishment was nothing like the bakery restaurant her parents owned. With Vivian's coaxing, Maria made some careful steps forward until finding herself sitting on the bar stool near her fellow Cadet and with the coffin was carefully nestling near her.

After Hours (Vivian) X3fkXR8

"Thanks for coming back there. I wouldn't be here now if it weren't for you. How have you been these five years, Vivian? You... changed a lot."

It took her a while to figure it out, but these changes really shocked her. But most of that died down the moment she entered the bar. If anything, she was happier to see someone she knew was still alive after that debacle years before, even if it was someone she barely knew.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 6:59 pm

After Hours (Vivian) 4bea1a998e3b198cd127e1d2bd54d675

"No trouble. Hearing who called me was fun to hear about. And I haven't done any Cadet work since I joined them." When Maria asked about her having changed, Vivian dropped most of her smile, but a curl at the end of her lips remained. "Of course. Five years does wonders for the skin. I uh....found the secret way to look five years younger!" She said, smiling nervously. Of course she remembered the time they had met those years ago, and she was much a different person. "But I have been staying safe since this all went down. How about you? Were you safe Maria? You still seem like a goody goody like I saw before."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 11:44 am

After Hours (Vivian) 3msSpj7

She paused for that one moment when Vivian asked what had happened to her. It was only a part of a second, but she did halt for that moment with eyes glazed over almost as if she were watching something instead. All she remembered was pain and fear. Those memories were unpleasant, something that she wanted to forget. But she still remembered when walking into the killing scene of her whole family ripped apart by demons. Her memories of that sharp reeking odor of disinfectant and the sensation of the keen edge of a scalpel cutting through her skin were still familiar. It was a weight that no young girl should shoulder.

After Hours (Vivian) 7wOKzLO

"I'm doing alright! Things got pretty hectic when it all happened. Somehow I decided to try to join the local Church. It sounds like my kind of calling with all the demons going around. Oh and Shiina's doing well too. I just met her yesterday. We should all meet up like last time!"

But she smiled back with a beatific smile and laughed, as if nothing was wrong. It would only be that small fraction of time that she showed a small fault. But she quickly recovered before allowing her fellow Cadet to notice. Why should Maria tell her what happened to her? She never wanted any sympathy, it would never give her back what she lost. It was better off that nobody knew about that side of her. It was unnecessary. And after all, she is okay.

She eventually noticed the two glasses the bartender was making as she looked to the side. Were they both for her? If so, it was just further evidence that Vivian loved her alcohol, not that she could really judge her for it. But then again, Sister Louise has been a bit of a pain about this. That also brought up some bad memories that made her want to forget out of annoyance, but it isn't so easy when she keeps getting inebriated every night. Hopefully Vivian isn't such a person... Right?

After Hours (Vivian) C7i5r9V

"Um, I don't really know much about this kind of stuff. But what did you order and why is he using two glasses?"
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 12:25 am

After Hours (Vivian) Tumblr_o0z5o05Nh71t0jazco2_500

Shiina is still around? The girl with the butler? She smiled with a nod. "Yeah. Once we have time, I can show up. Maybe she isn't a goody two shoes like you are," she said, bumping her shoulder with her arm as a joke. The bartender would return to them with their two drinks, and slide one to each. Of course her own was fairly strong, and Maria's drink would have a strange scent. However it was less alcohol and more it was a mixture of fruity liquids. It wasn't alcoholic of course, but it didn't smell like anything in particular, just fruit. She grabbed her own drink and took a decent sip. "Much better. Tonight is going to be exciting. Don't worry, that's not dangerous. Just a fruit drink..." She said, pushing the glass to her while taking another sip. She was having fun being here, it gave her some levity to the events tonight and what had happened those years ago.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Despite her discomfort here, Maria couldn't help, but crack a smile at her. "Oh, am I? Is there something wrong with that, Vivian? I think Shiina is quite the angel as well..."

Considering what a nun is supposed to be, it wouldn't be at all surprising. Maria had her fair share of volunteer work in the Sunlake Palms community, as part of the Church's goodwill to the Government and to uphold appearances, of course. No one without any prior knowledge would've figured out what the Church actually was.

Despite Vivian's assurance, Maria hesitated as her callused fingers grasped the glass. She made a sour face while examining its contents by swirling around as if trying to see if something solid was dissolving. Yet it remained homogeneous throughout. She soon caved in with her soft lips against the glass, sipping and sampling its contents. Her eyes grew in diameter at the fruity sweet taste making contact with her taste buds. It doesn't seem to be of the kind of beverage like Vivian's, so--

After Hours (Vivian) VQZxlEs

"I-it's delicious! Bartender, another!"

She held the drained glass towards him with a look of expectation on her features. To his credit, he took it calmly and began to work on another. But at least Maria didn't seem drunk. Yet, anyway. And she has yet to become truly aware of the world booze had through beer-goggles. As the Cadet waited for the next glass, she gave Vivian a smile. "Thanks for bringing me here, Vivian. By the way... why did you become a Cadet?”

Maria knew without doubt that like many of the Cadets, Vivian also went through the ritual. It is a given. At least, for her own generation. But for Vivian, at first glance, the Cadet had the perception that she didn't really fit in with the rest of them. She just didn't seem to be that type. So why did she join the ranks?
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Yeah yeah, she thought. But how could you miss out on the most exciting parts of life? Maybe she was just too much of a deviant. "Please, I dun want to live that life, so someone else has to." She said, drinking from her glass once more. It felt less harsh this time, was she starting to get worse as the night went on? And now Maria had to ask why she became a Cadet, when her head was getting more full of booze. She was still coherent of course, still, she may end up saying things she didn't mean to. "Well, I did it for my son. And because Demons are well..." she thought to herself for a moment. What DID she think of the Demons in the city? Surely the government had some so they had their uses, but then she remembered five years ago, and what was done to this city. "They aren't necessary in the town. I just wanted to help out, not on the front lines like tonight, but background work. I'd like to see what can be done to just send em somewhere else." She couldn't say for sure Demons were her calling. Sure everything went pretty well tonight, but this supernatural stuff already seemed not to be the stuff she thought of before her life of crime. Hopefully by the next mission she will be able to be a support if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:51 pm

"Yes, yes. We are truly the 'goody two shoes' Endymion needs," she sighed with a wry grin.

Maria did her best to keep up somewhat an amiable smile for Vivian. But she sensed that the longer this went on, the more this could get... painful. Memories of Louise making a whole mess out of the Church and ending that late evening with her head in the toilet bowl began to rise. Oh well, hopefully she didn't need to bring have to drag her back...

"I... see," she murmured thankfully, "I think it's a great cause."

It had been a good thing that Vivian participated so actively despite her original and basic role. But it also meant that Maria had a long way to go, just as usual. At the same time, so many of these Cadet recruits always had a motivation that was purer than hers. Sure, Maria also wanted to protect the city. But, was it just that?

She tightly gripped the new glass from the bartender the more she thought about it. But thought better of it and downed the glass again. This wasn't the time or place to get all depressed, that would be awfully rude to her fellow Cadet.

"You said you had a son. What's his name?" she asked curiously after wiping her lips with her wrist, "How's he doing?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 11:57 pm

After Hours (Vivian) Tumblr_ny1ezj9oH41qjmcfmo1_250

"Whatever you say, I am also in it for a nice wad of bills. I tried to start my own business but it fell through fast. I was hoping Serenity would teach me her ways, but that didn't happen tonight," she said animatedly, with an almost dejected expression before sighing and drinking once more. She was still very much sober, she could handle most alcohol, and though her tongue may get a little loose, the room was not spinning yet. She had to at least answer her next question regarding her kid. "His name is Derrick. He's a nice boy, and is in school. Maybe he will become a Cadet if I let him," she said with a chuckle. Letting him fight with the Cadets was something she definitely would not allow yet. She shook her head at the suggestion she made to Maria. She was rather protective of him; not to mention them potentially working together? Her lips twisted. "Maybe I'll pass on that. If I get a husband I'll consider letting him be a Cadet..."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 1:56 am

"I'm sure you'll have more opportunities and be able to pull through. You just have to be patient. Sorry about the business, though. But at least it's an experience to learn from to use to make a better one, right? My father was the same," Maria encouraged her with a sympathetic smile.

She remembered in the back of her head how the Woodsworth patriarch had a hell of a time trying to keep his business alive. There were times when he had to move around the city to maximize profits, set up new shops, and sacrifices made when it came to it. But thankfully, he was able to keep his family in mind despite the hardships. There was a feeling of nostalgia now that she thought about it.

Maria froze upon sipping her drink. Derrick? Wasn't it that boy she had once met again in the Seven Stars Academy? It was good to hear that he was able to survive that debacle five years ago. But could it be the same kid? No way. It isn't exactly a very uncommon name. So chances are, there's probably another one out there.

Maria would have asked more about it, but her expression started to darken. Despite that odd experience this evening and from fighting demons, why did she think it's something her child should take part in this kind of work?

After Hours (Vivian) 6eM3ox1

"If I were you... I wouldn't let him take it. I wouldn't let anyone in my family become one."

The way how she spoke seemed very stiff. Almost as if disappointed, or even angry at even thinking about it. But she remained calm. There were still those painful memories, the glass in her hand made a single crack without breaking as she gripped it tighter. Maria didn't notice it, being too occupied to care. "It's too dangerous and too much of a burden."

Cadets may be above the law. But having that much power meant they had responsibilities to take up the burden to protect them. It's something that Maria wouldn't willingly force on others.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 1:49 am

After Hours (Vivian) Tumblr_ny1ezj9oH41qjmcfmo1_250

"Perhaps I can try a clothing line. Lingerie I can specialize in. It'll be wonderful. Find your nightly selection in the Gates of Avalon!" she advertised her slogan, partially to see Maria's reaction, but maybe it would be a good idea! Selling the most frilly types of clothing to anyone searching would bring some levity that the city is constantly searching for. Thinking on it, it would definitely bring some cash in for her and her son. Speaking of which, Maria seemed to echo her idea of not letting him become a Cadet. She needed to talk to him about this; ask him what he plans to do for his future. He could become something less dangerous and more valuable for society. "Then it's better that we are that. We get service parties for our service, or at least I will set them up, Ooooh maybe my business can be a chain of clubs! You can be our main dancer!" She grabbed Maria's hands as stars filled one eye and a dollar sign filled the other.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 3:52 am

After Hours (Vivian) 93Dak59

"L-lingerie?! Oh! Uh, that... that sounds swell, hahaha... Yes, that's a great name!"

She tried to remain composed, but a slight pink started to emanate on her cheeks no matter how hard she tried. Maria had once looked up a random catalog that was found lying about in the Church by one of the Executors. Judging by its title, it was one of those women's magazines probably owned by some self-conscious teenager. Maria had once deemed it trashy and didn't bother to look into it. But there's something about the forbidden that slowly gnawed at her. Sometimes, it won. In this case, it led her to finally peruse its contents. There was something absurdly scandalous looking into each page. To her underwear shouldn't be something so... risque. It was improper. It was completely out of the question!

BAM!

After Hours (Vivian) IP9cUiW

"NEVER!"

While Vivian had tried to grab her callused hands, Maria had other plans for them. The bar table rattled when her naked palms smacked against the wood as she forcibly stood up. Vivian could probably see smoke beginning to slip through the cracks that began to form on the wooden surface. Honestly Maria was probably at her limit here. Main dancer? How absurd can her friend go? She continued to quake while the blush was apparent on her face, "I-I'm not g-gonna dance in lingerie, Vivian! A-alright?"

Her eyes had a fire in her, adamant to never subject herself in this kind of treatment. She was still shocked that she'd actually suggest to do such a thing. But Maria remembered that they weren't in a private room. She looked around meekly towards the overlooking patrons and even the bartender was raising a silent judging eyebrow at her. The Cadet quietly sat back down and looked down even more embarrassed.

After Hours (Vivian) UOyLfwx

"Sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Hours (Vivian)   After Hours (Vivian) Empty

Back to top Go down

After Hours (Vivian)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next