Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dandanni

Dandanni

Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) Empty
PostSubject: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 6:09 am

Masako Mitsurugi
I will not rest!

The Biography

Birth Name: Masako Mitsurugi
Aliases:Masa, The Blade of Justice, Masamune (Joke aliases that she sometimes brings up)
Birth Day:September 10
Arcana: Hierophant
Place of Residence:  School Dormitories
Academy Semester: First year
Class: 0

Appearance: She likes to present herself as professionally as she can.  As such, she is almost always seen in a white business suit of sort, complete with white business pants.  She does add a little color to her outfit, such as the dark brown combat boots that she tends to favor, the black gloves that she seems to almost always have on, and the blue necktie that she favors around her neck.  She tends to keep her long hair jet black hair in a ponytail, itself long enough to reach the base of her back.  Dark brown eyes tend to watch things with incredible focus.  Aside from that, she has the typical white skin color.  Unintentionally, this attempt at professionalism could add to her imposing presence.  After all, she stands five feet and ten inches, weighing in at roughly 190 pounds.  Her tall height can sometimes make her seem like a formidable being.  

Personality: If there were two words that could be used to describe Masako, it would be 'comically serious.'  She seems to take everything with a serious approach, regardless of what it may be.  This serves her well when it comes to her work passions, such as school studies and studying the Psyche Terrorist for anything she may need to either defend herself or others.  Because of this very serious nature, she pours herself completely into her work, making it a point to explore every possible path she could see in order to make a properly educated assumption.

This very serious nature also appears in some of the most unusual of ways.  Do not argue with her which is the better sentai-team show, for she will argue back with a passion and fever the likes of which may not have been expected from someone so serious.  This seriousness will also manifest when it comes to helping others.  Most of the time, this may pass off as a form of professionalism.  However, whenever a child is involved, she will (for their sake) take everything they say at face value until she finds evidence to the contrary.

Her serious nature is so prominent that she has no qualms voicing this trait of hers.  Most commonly, she announces this by saying "I will no rest until (insert goal here)!"  This can range from serious, to encouraging, to confusing, to outright absurd.

She has a soft spot for children, seeing them as the innocence that must be protected at all cost.  If she feels she is able to, she will indeed jump to the aid of a child in need.  However, her duty will always come first, and if helping a child interferes with that duty...

Let's just say she doesn't want to think about it.

She can be a little closed minded when it comes to her work.  If someone is guilty, then they must be punished.  She takes no justification into consideration.  To her, a crime is a crime, and the consequences must be dealt.  But just because she can be so very strict, doesn't mean she won't listen if there is compelling enough evidence or a sensible enough argument, no matter how absurd it may initially seem.

She sees herself as strict but fair, and she does her best to be fair with those she interacts with.  She might not always succeed, especially when she feels she is very close to cracking down on whatever task she is given.

As serious as she is, she is not without a sense of humor.  A very bad sense of humor.  She favors puns, and is usually quick to pull one out when she feels that the tension is in need of breaking.  If she's lucky, it might actually amuse someone.  More often than not, however, it will produce groaning.

She does not like having her world views challenged.  She will become resistant and she will lash out if they push hard enough.  Needless to say, she is very comfortable within her little box.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name:Deep Focus
Description:Once she starts, very little can slow her down until the job gets done.

Strength Name:Swordplay.
Description:She has a preference of swords over guns, and has made it a point to get as skilled with them as she can.  She's even trying to master some sword play tricks.    Plus 15% to Slash based dexterity damage.  

Strength Name:Authority
Description:She has authoritative presence, and she knows how to use it.  Gains double expression points.

Strength Name:Analytical
Description: She always makes it a point to analyze anyone she happens to meet.  There's always a chance she can learn something that can be useful later.

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name:I hate guns.
Description:Has difficulty with guns due to past trauma involving a gun.  For some reason, the sight of a gun can cause quite a bit of anxiety, which can interfere with her ability to defend against one.  If she can help it, she will not use guns.  She will always prefer her sword first.  Guns are more of a "Only if I absolutely need to" kind of deal.  15% Penalty against shot.

Weakness Name:Stubborn.
Description:Once she gets an idea in her head, it will stick like glue.  This can range from bad first impressions to out right believing someone is guilty of a crime based only on what's on the surface.  Only a compelling argument or strong enough evidence will get her to back down.

Weakness Name:Closed-minded.
Description:  Her very closed minded nature means it's a lot harder for her to understand some things.  All understanding points successfully gained is cut in half.

Weakness Name:Are you afraid of the dark?
Description:  She does not handle the dark very well.  Expect her to use any excuse she can think of to get out of being in the dark.

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name:  Muneko
Weapon Description: A katana, with a white blade, a white hilt, a black hand guard, and a black edge.  The blade is four feet long.
Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element: (Leave this blank. Only special weapons obtain an element behind its blows.)

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name:  Standard fire arm.
Side-Arm Description: A Smith & Wesson M&P 9 model, personalized to reduce recoil for the sake of rapid fire.
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Machine Gun - Multi-Round - Accuracy is decreased by 30%. Consumes 3 types of ammo at once to fire -must be same type of ammo.

The Background

History:  She wasn't such a serious person her whole life.  When she was younger, she was as silly and as playful as any little girl could be.  Her father was a big wig business negotiator.  His job was to negotiate on the behalf of his supervisors, to convinces others to buy his supervisors products or even merge with the company he worked for.  He may have been a bit cut throat at times, but he always got the job done, and he always made sure to get paid well for his work.

He did this because he was all Masako had.  As a single parent raising his daughter, he wanted to make sure all of her needs were provided for.  That meant doing what was necessary to get the sale, even if someone had to be caught underfoot for it.  Maybe he didn't always have time for her, but he did his best to raise her to the best of his ability.  He felt there was no shame in that if she was turning out alright.  Besides, she seemed to understand.  She never blamed him for the time he spent away, and she always did her best to make sure he had a meal waiting for him whenever he came home.  As far as Masako knew, her father was doing the best he could to support them.  It was the least she could do.

One day, on the day of her eleventh birthday in fact, her father thought it would be a treat to take her to one of his negotiations.  She was excited.  For the first time in a long time, she got a chance to spend the whole day with her father.  The negotiations were a bit boring, but she found herself fascinated whenever her father decided to put on an authoritative presence and convince his potential customers to see things his way.  She was determined to master that trick one day.

Of course, the sale was a success, despite the customers best efforts to resist.  The process took a considerable amount of time, so night time had already fallen.  It was time to go home.  For the sake of spending a little extra time together before getting home, they decided to take the stairs.  The stairs had a lovely view of the city outside, so it was worth it just to see a few extra sights from their vantage point.  Then, before she knew it, everything went dark.  The power suddenly went out.  There was a scream, followed shortly with a gun shot.  The emergency light system came back on.

Masako saw a man wearing a mask.  He was holding a gun, smoke coming out of it's barrel.  Next to her on the floor was her father, blood beginning to form on the ground.  Another gun shot would ring through the air, followed by the sound of shattered glass.  The masked assassin had escaped through the window.

It was this instant that changed everything for her.  She was terrified, in emotional distress, and angry all at once.  But what could she do?  Her enemy had already escape.  Was there anything that could be done?  Was there any hope she had to track down and strike the assailant down where he stood?

Eventually, she was met with a Cadet who was put in charge of her fathers case.  After answering her questions, he promised her that he would bring the Psyche Terrorist to justice.  She realized then that there was something she could do.  If she could become a cadet, she would be able to bring down anyone who dared to act in the way a Psyche Terrorist would.  

Therefore, she poured everything into her studies, everything into making sure she would get noticed, everything in making sure she lived long enough to be noticed.  Never once did she question her path.  Never once did she question if she would find her foe or not.  Never once did she even question why it was okay to live on her own for some reason.  All she cared about was becoming a cadet, by any means necessary.

Last edited by Dandanni on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 9:48 am

Okay, doll. First: At the very top of the app, where is your name?

Now then let’s go along your strength/weakness section.

For your convenience I will tell you what is wrong with each.

Strengths:

—Deep focus: 20% huh? The only way you are going to get away with that amount is if you choose one of the alignments..

—Focused blade: I am okay with the luck boosts though 10% won’t give much in the long run.

—Authority and Studious; I am assuming you mean she gains double points in these areas. Alright.

Weaknesses:

— Lousy shot: I don’t know why you would want this. This pretty much guarantees you’ll miss almost all the time since it boosts your handicap on gun choice to -50%. I suppose that is alright if you really want it  though. Just be aware, she won’t be hitting much if you kept it..

—You're Wrong:....How about no. 50% is way too high and the latter half doesn’t even apply to anything done here. I highly suggest changing this to something else.

—Go Deka-Sentai!: I do not see the logic in this. Unless she is carrying something around or someone who knows her, how is she ever going to be distracted by this within battle? Also skip a turn and has 30% of being downed? No. No. That is not how it works.  I highly suggest looking at the battle rules for this one.

—Think of the children!: This weakness doesn’t apply to anything here as the only children you may find are npcs. So no on this one too.

While combat and social quality weaknesses are nice, I would suggests taking at least one or two of them for each section and then using the rest for more minor weaknesses - like fear of bugs, cannot do (insert subject here), is good at drawing, etc. This section is mainly flaws and strengths that make the character who they are rather than a section for flaws that will impact battle, gaining points, or other technical mechanics of the system. if you keep things the way they are you’ll find yourself severely handicapped when it is actually applied to the system. I would suggest digging a bit deeper into the rules for this or observing a few approved sheets to understand what I mean.  I am going to let you redo them and balance them also. If you are still having issues or what not just ask. People will help out.

Outside of that, the rest of the app is okay. So fix what I ask and let me know when you are done. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 11:01 am

Edit: The 20% needs to be lowered on Deep Focus. The highest that is allowed is 15%. Forgive me for not explaining that one clearer.
Back to top Go down
Dandanni

Dandanni

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 am

Her's my revision. o.o To be quite honest, there's a nagging part of me that's saying that I still should do more to fix it, but I can't seem to figure that out for myself. ^.^; I'm sorry for asking you to be my second set of eyes for this. o.o; As of right now, I really value the second opinion.

Oh, minor note, if the swordplay one still doesn't work, could I have a suggestion for something with a sword that would? ^.^; My Masako muse is apparently demanding that swordmanship be in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Dandanni

Dandanni

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 4:46 pm

I kind of took initiative and did another revision before you could get to it. ^.^; The more I kept looking at it, the more it kept bothering. I'm a little more content what what I attempted this time, but any critique/suggestions/information would still be very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 7:56 pm

To balance out the 15% boost to Slash dexterity, take a 15% penalty in something else. Also include your height and weight for the character in Appearance. Other than that it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Dandanni

Dandanni

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Here we go! Height and weight added, and added a penalty to shots. Will this be third times a charm, or will this be strike out! You decide!

... sorry, couldn't help that... ^.^;
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Approved. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))   Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child.  Ready for Review!  Feel free to rip it apart if you like)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Masako Mitsurugi ((Nyarlathotep's Child. Ready for Review! Feel free to rip it apart if you like))
Page 1 of 1