Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Uncertain Recruit [Ree]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Of course Maria should've expected a reaction, it wasn't going to be that easy in the first place. But at this range, the girl wouldn't be able to react so easily, especially with Ree's caliber. Of course, it stopped Maria's counter effectively since the blow was made to interrupt her. As the attack would hit her, she grunted while exhaling deeply to better keep focus, "Ggh..."

But Maria had her confidence in her toughness, yet it did hurt. She was taught to exhale deeply upon being hit so she wouldn't be stunned. It did catch her off guard at first and forced her back, but her grip on the lapel was tight thanks to the earlier twisting motion she made to keep a solid seal. She pulled on it again towards herself to bounce each other back together again, thus intercepting and stopping Ree's attempt on using a reverse spinning elbow strike on Maria's back. This would also keep Ree's left shoulder perpendicular against Maria's chest and perhaps revealing what she wore under the gi. Not that Maria actually cared since she was busy getting her head into the sparring.

While that sudden pull happened during the spinning motion that Ree was making to do a reverse elbow strike, Maria made a quick and deft leg sweep with her right foot against Ree's left ankle while the martial artists right foot was moving in the spinning motion for the elbow strike. Because Ree was spinning, it would cause the woman to drop to the ground. Of course, Maria would let go of the gi at this point.

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 7:07 pm

A contact with one blow, but the girl did not go down as she instead used practiced breathing to keep herself on her feet and her grip on Ree’s gi. When she was yanked back into the girl and her shoulder was once again resting against her chest, Ree’s gi did shift a bit revealing that outside of bandages that kept her breast bound, there was not much else underneath the top portion of the outfit. A trivial thing that didn’t matter as she began to spin. She took note that the girl still had her in a grip, so as she turned she would slip her left hand upward and clasp onto the arm and wrist pulling them into a pin against her.

As she did this, she would continue to turn as the girl made her sweep to knock her off balance. While this did succeed in bring the martial artist down, she would control her fall as she allowed her body to go downward and kneel on her left leg. Since she was still holding onto the girl’s hand that had grasped her, the girl would probably be pulled down with her weight and in effect hopefully off balance. If the girl was off balance, her right hand would reach up to grasp the top part of her arm as her left hand shifting its position to get a better grip on the arm she had. From here she would use her forward left motion thanks to the fall to lean forward more as she pulled on the girl forcing her first against and then over her shoulder as she attempted to use a shoulder throw on her as she felt the grip on her gi loosen.

If it worked Ree would remain kneeling while Maria would find herself landing with a heavy thud on the padded ground.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Try as Maria might, it was unlikely that she could ever get a definite attack into Ree. With her right arm pinned down and her balance compromised, the girl would find herself in a brief roller-coaster ride to the ground. She kept her body as relaxed as possible in the midst of the throw. First her shoulder would contact the ground before rolling to better distribute the force and momentum. Next came to the rest of the body that forcefully dispersed the force to lessen whatever damage as it made a loud thudding impact against the cushioning courtesy to her free hand slapping against it for that dispersal. It did hurt a bit, but she wasn't breaking anything thanks to the padding on the ground.

Honestly, she was so tempted to use her full strength. But, Maria kept reminding herself that honestly wasn't the case and that she was here to learn. Though through the momentum of the throw, the centrifugal force of Maria's falling movement, and Maria's own strength, the girl wrenched her arms free from Ree's grasp to let go. And assuming it was free, Maria would continue to roll further away to get back up to her feet and continue assuming a stance as if nothing had happened, except her hair being more frazzled from the contact just now.

But if she couldn't pull herself free and roll away, Maria lacked any agency at this point to get back to her feet and continue the fight especially with her arm extended like this and her back on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 Tumblr_l8gpvmpxCU1qchy96o1_500

When Maria hit the ground with a satisfying thud, the girl would find herself looking up into the face of a smirking Ree. Try as she might, the woman kept hold of her arm and in turn kept the girl down to the floor as she watched the other.

"You have good form and lots of power. I am sure with focus you can become quite dangerous," Ree would say before letting up on her grip and releasing the girl as she took a few steps back and prepared herself for another round; however, as she did this, a gong would ring from somewhere in the dojo that signified the passage of time.

"Mmm. I have 30 more minutes before my next set of students come in. If you want to go another round we can," she would say as she settled into a relaxed position and waited to see what the other would say or do.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:19 pm

And that was the end. Maria couldn't roll out of the way completely with her arm fully pinned down. Her gaze finally relaxed as Ree finally let go and after what the martial artist have said. The girl finally stood up while experimentally spinning her arm around for pain or any hindrance. She was fine, evidently. It was a good round and it was actually enjoyable. At the least it wasn't as punishing as Sister Louise's bouts. Maria would have tried to take up on Ree's offer, but the gong and the news on the students coming in caused her to change her mind. Maria sighed with a smile and wistfully looked back at Ree before beginning to speak.

Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 4H0IYXq

"It's my loss. I'm more than satisfied right now. If the others are like you, then I'm willing to partake in the morning practices here. I would like to have another round with you, but I prefer not to get sweaty in my school uniform when I have to head to classes soon. And I'd like to avoid the attention from everyone else. I'm sure you remember about my good luck charm..."

No doubt the students would gawk at the huge coffin that Maria hefts around. There's a reason why she preferred the morning classes and would try to avoid the afternoon classes if she could.

She bobbed down her head with a bow and stood back up as her smile beamed back at the woman, "I actually learned a lot just now. Thank you. I'll be sure to come by daily if the schedule allows it. Will I have to sign a contract and get fitted for a gi?"
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 Tumblr_l8gpvmpxCU1qchy96o1_500

Ree would stay in her spot as she watched the girl get back up and then test her arm. While she was sure, she didn’t apply so much pressure as to damage the arm she had pinned, there were times when she did get a little carried away, so when students did this, she was always watchful despite her relaxed expression.

When the other appeared to be okay, Ree would push the internal worry away as she tossed out her offer for another round. When the girl refused, the woman felt a twinge of disappointment, but at the same time understood where the girl was coming from as she placed her hands on her hips and nodded.

“Mmm. I understand. As for our morning crew they are just as efficient as myself in their ways of teaching. They would not mind teaching you what they know. All you have to ask and if I am not busy I am always up for another round or sharing my knowledge with you,” she said giving the girl a playful wink before becoming serious at the next set of words.

“It is my pleasure to teach. As for your questions, no. You don’t have to do all that. You can come dressed in what makes you feel comfortable and what you don’t mind getting torn or dirty. If you a traditionalist, I can direct towards the proper persons to get you a gi that fits. Honestly, showing up and being dedicated to what you do is all that matters here. If you can’t follow through, then you don’t learn. It is as simple as that,” she would say to the girl with a smirk and a nod.

Depending on how the girl answered, Ree would eventually offer to lead the girl either to the staff that handled the fitting and handing out of uniforms or to the exit of the dojo. Whichever happened, the pair would eventually end up outside of the dojo a few feet away from the door.

As Ree stood outside with her sandals on, she would take a deep breath of the air enjoying it before looking over at the girl with her.

“Well then, it was pleasure meeting you Maria. I hope to meet you again down the road,” she would say before giving the girl a polite bow. From there, she would turn to go back into the dojo to prepare for the larger crowds about to come in.

~Unless stopped Ree has exited the thread ~

Maria has gained an SQ::
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:22 pm

She nodded at what Ree said so far. This was a lot simpler than she imagined. So there was no need for a gi, perhaps she could bring in her usual gym uniform for this. This place really suited her needs and she was grateful for that. Maria beamed a smile at her as she spoke, "Simple. I like that. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, Ree."

She allowed Ree to lead her around more on what the gym had to offer. After a few nods and questions here and there, Maria would come to better understand what the dojo had to offer. And now she was nearing the entrance with her considerable burden hanging on her shoulder through a strap. It was a comfortable, but cumbersome weight, yet still comfortable for her.

"Likewise, please take good care of me. Thank you." she courteously reflected the bow and then waved back at her retreating figure. It was a rather nice start today, other than the shenanigans with Shiina and Jack. This dojo provided so much than she bargained for. With a small smirk of her own, she finally exited the place.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:13 am

Maria Woodsworth of the Chariot and Ree Claire of the Chariot have formed a Social Link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain Recruit [Ree]   Uncertain Recruit [Ree] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Uncertain Recruit [Ree]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2