Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Masami Gakki

Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] Empty
PostSubject: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue May 21, 2013 1:28 am

Masami had been saving up for this day. And now here she was, in one of the nicest music shops in town, ready to walk out with her very own doubleneck guitar. It's true that she only knew the basics of how to play the bass neck, but it was all about the flair, the fact that it was there made you special. If you could play both well, you stood out better than anyone. It was just her style too, jet black with red inlays and just a hint of pink in the designs. "I think I'm in love." she jokingly murmured, idly twirling a drumstick in her hand.

It wasn't easy getting this money together either. She may be rather known and liked locally, but she's far from any worthwhile income from her gigs. She'd been keeping her eye on this for months. In fact, she had to do more than a little flirting with one of the workers, just to make sure that they didn't sell it before she could afford it. The instant that it was taken off the shelf, she had snatched it from his hands and gave it a strum. "Damn, even the action's perfect!"

Without a second thought, she dropped her money on the counter, turned, and started to walk out, not even bothering to wait for the clerk to ring up the sale or even count her money. She knew it was exactly enough. She wasn't going to let this baby slip through her fingers so easily. On her way out and into the main area of the mall, she was already playing.
Back to top Go down
Katsu!

Katsu!

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm

For someone like Katsu!, who was rather well known, leaving the studio was a journey in itself. His manager had made it rather clear that there were some things he could and couldn't do while in Ueitawa. Wandering around unsupervised was of course, one of the things the young pop idol wasn't supposed to do. It didn't stop him from escaping his body guards now did it? A trip to the mall that was supposed to just be a tour turned into a full out chase. The young Katsu! sprinted through the building like an athlete, twirling around people and laughing the whole way. His guards, on the other hand, were being bum rushed by large crowds. It didn't take long for the young boy to escape them. Taking a sharp turn around the corner, Katsu! would dash pass the young woman that had a pretty stylish guitar in her hand. He skid to a stop and looked back at her before running back and jogging in place infront of her. "Woah, cool guitar, Mm! You can even play it too? Impressive!" The boy spoke with an enthusiastic tone as he continued to jog in place. Suddenly he stopped in place and looked the woman up and down. "Hey! You're pretty, we should totally hang out sometime. I know this awesome little place in Nokawia where the moon would reflect off your beautiful figure." He winked and snapped his fingers with an innocent childish smile. Honestly, though he was flirting, Katsu! had no attentions of really making serious moves with the female. He was simply moving off impulse. Being someone without any higher process of thought, there really wasn't anything to look into when it came to what Katsu! was saying. Playing off of this impulse, he had already skipped off the subject of a date and when right back to the guitar. "Wow, do you know any songs? Hm Hmm?" He pinched his chin between his thumb and index finger while giving a quizzical expression.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Masami couldn't be happier, but someone literally came out of the blue. She was startled, and reflexively clutched the guitar tighter, to make sure it didn't get knocked from her hands. "Woah, watch where you're... I... yeah I can.... I... wait what?" For once, she was totally surprised. She couldn't get a word in edgewise with this guy. For once, she was at a total loss for words. Sure, she was used to guys flirting with her, even when first meeting her, but to just come out of nowhere without so much as an introduction and ask her out...? Well, she had to admit that took guts.

"Alright, calm down for a sec there kid."
She said, holding out her palm as if she were issuing some kind of gentle command. "Take a breath for a second, you're acting like hell's on your tail and-..." She stopped mid-sentence, about ready to give this guy a piece of her mind. When something about him caught her eye. While she did not particularly care for Katsu!'s brand of music, she did know enough about the music industry to do a double-take. He seemed really familiar. "Do I... know you from somewhere?' She carefully slung the guitar over her shoulder by the strap and crossed her arms, looking him up and down. "You seem really familiar..."
Back to top Go down
Katsu!

Katsu!

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:43 pm

"Huummm.. mmmeee?" Katsu! gave a confused look while tilting his head to the side. "Oh!" He pat his fist into the palm of his opposite hand as if he found the answer. "You're that one girl with the guitar I met the other day!" Other day? That was today. However, he truly believed this to be true with the feint twinkle in his amber eyes. However, he didn't have long to let this sit in, as his body guards yelled out from across the mall. Apparently they had found him again. He rubbed his head while giving a comical puffed cheek expression. "Ara! These guys are persistent, Yeah!" The young star would turn towards the girl and pump his hands up and down. "Hey, let's play a game! It's called run through the mall! Ready? SET! GOOOO!" The boy would grasp her hand and take off in a dash, pulling her behind him while giving a childish laughter. It seemed as if the world was nothing but a game to him. He was a child after all, and little responsibility fell to him to make him need to be serious about anything in his life. His main job was to entertain others and stay out of trouble. Well, when he did get into trouble, he was entertaining others, so he was both winning and losing huh? After only a few seconds of sprinting, Katsu! would turn the corner and stop once again. He'd look towards the girl and begin to nod to himself while closing his eyes. "Have you ever wondered why hamburgers were called hamburgers but they were made of moos? So strange." He instantly jumped to the new subject without even referring back to the low speed chase she had recently gotten her involved in. What a strange boy he was.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:33 pm

"Other day? Are you feeling alright kid?" She furrowed her brow. She couldn't follow a thing he was saying, but she could tell it wasn't answering any of her questions. She eyed him more carefully now. She knew that she had seen him before, but she couldn't place it. It was driving her nuts, like it was eating away at her. She should know this, but she wasn't sure why.

"A game? Look, I'm not really in the mood for- WOAH!" She gasped when she was suddenly tugged through the crowds. "Hey! Watch the arm! 'Scuse me! Hey!" she yelled in a panic, doing her best to keep up, just so he wouldn't tear her arm from her socket. When they finally came to a stop, she tore her arm away, looking very annoyed. "What the hell is your problem? Do you need your head examined or something? Just who the hell do you think you are grabbing me like that!?" She was really ticked off now, her face was completely flushed, fists clenching. "Well? You going to explain yourself or what?"
Back to top Go down
Katsu!

Katsu!

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Katsu! tilted his head to the side with an innocent child like smile. Lifting up a hand, he'd knock on his head as if knocking on a door. "Umm, I don't think my head needs an examination." The boy seemed to be extremely vague when it came to who he was. Every time the female asked, he'd just give an innocent toothy grin that only a pure hearted child could muster. His amber eyes shifted, and a slight twinkle came to them both, as he looked at her guitar. "Explain myself? I don't know whatcha want me to explain. I couldn't explain even if I wanted to, ya know?" It was true. The actions he performed, he did them on a complete whim. You could ask why, and he'd never be able to give a true answer. When things went according to plan, everything was fine and dandy. But when someone like Katsu! came along and flip things upside down, people loss their minds. "So can you play your guitar for me, Angry-chan? I'm a big fan of music, ya know? Its been awhile since I've seen anything live!" The young boy sat down on the ground and gave an innocent easy smile. It was as if he were waiting for the young woman to begin playing her instrument right then and there. Many people who were walking by gave him a few looks, all thinking they recognized him. Some believed they did, and some wrote it off as if he were just a lookalike on the scene. Regardless, Katsu! paid them no mind as he blinked and awaited the mini-concert from the girl before him.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Okay, this kid had some problems. She had no idea what was up with him. He definitely seemed to be about her age, probably a bit younger, but he was acting even younger than that. But something about him simply threw her off her game. She was normally calm, charming, and commanded the situation. This guy threw her for a total loop. Here she was, ready to deck him where he stood, and he just smiled at her, asking for a show. Her fists unclenched, getting flustered.

"A-angry-chan?" She repeated, taking that as a cue to actively try to calm herself down. "Look, the name's Gakki Masami, got it?" She crossed her arms, staring him down for a few moments, while he just sat there expectantly. After a few moments of staring, she sighed. "Fine, fine...." She pulled the guitar off of her back and gave the strings a few strums to check if it was still in-tune.

She gave a private little smirk. Normally she wouldn't complain about someone asking to be her audience. And here this kid was from out of the blue, pleading for a show. "Hold onto that hat kid, you're in for a real show" Her fingers glided gracefully across the guitar's neck as she started in on a few basic chords, building up into a bigger, more complex song. One that she wrote herself, in fact. She was really good, even without an amp to plug in nearby, she was showing off her talent with an upbeat, aggressive rock song. Even a few passers-by paused or at least turned their heads as they passed by. After a few minutes of focusing on the song itself, she turned her attention back to the boy, hoping he was enjoying the show at least.
Back to top Go down
Katsu!

Katsu!

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:03 pm

On instruction, Katsu! grasped his hat and begin to listen in on the live show. When she started to play, his amber eyes began to twinkle almost like a falling star in the night sky. The boy was obviously enjoying the show as he swayed his head back and forth with a childish grin."Every time, long life, sou ka desu~" Katsu! sung along with the tune as she continued to grind away on her guitar. The boy himself was more of a singer, and couldn't really play that many instruments, if any at all. When she finally finished, Katsu! gave a clap with the gathering crowd before hopping to his feet. When the people began to disperse, he would put on hand on his hip while giving a crooked grin. "You know, you're pretty good. I have a manager that signs musicians with talent, and I could certainly put a good word in for you." This manager was the one who introduced Katsu! to the Crawling Chaos so long ago. If the boy hadn't met that man, he wouldn't have gained the strange power he had today. As he continued to speak to her, his amber eyes began to get darker, as if a shadow were coming across his face. Slowly his smile turned into an easy one, and then spread ear to ear. "If you're not scared, you should come with me. I can tell you have the potential to do so much more than this. I can get you fame.. power.. money.. and even recognition." The idol's goofy expression and childish voice seemed to vanish as he spoke now. Infact, it was rather sinister, if not filled with malicious intent. Though Katsu! was pure hearted, one could argue it was pure evil. For one who did not relent on bad actions, and saw life as nothing more than just a game, this was just another crazy experience to him. And little did the female know, but he dragged her to this specific location for a reason. Just behind her, the crimson door to Limbo stood. However, she was blind to it, as her potential was not yet unlocked. But Katsu! had a feeling she'd feel right at home with the fellow children.

Putting a hand to the back of his neck, he tilted his head to the side and gave a toothy grin. "My name's Kurei Katsu. You can call me Katsu!, I don't care. Just as long as it's not my real name. So, Masami Gakki, are you interested in taking your music to the next level?" Slowing raising his free hand, he'd lift it before him and outward, as if gesturing for the girl to shake it. His strange demeanor turned back to that of the innocent child, as he gave a soft grin. "Don't worry, Katsu! Katsu! doesn't bite!"
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Face, meet palm. Palm, meet face. Masami slapped a hand over her face the instant the boy said his name. "You've got to be shitting me. Katsu!? No wonder you looked familiar! How the hell... why the....." She took another deep breath to calm herself. "Normally... I kind of like to handle my own stuff... planning gigs and all that. But..." She paused, looking down at the guitar. It had taken her ages of saving from gigs just to afford it. "I mean... hell.... if I can get that much closer to a record deal like that.... How can I say no?"

When Katsu's face and voice darkened, she tried to simply shrug it off. After all, the guy was pretty weird to begin with. She figured she may as well get used to it. "As long as I can do the music my way... you've got yourself a deal." She reached out and shook the boy's hand. "Why the hell not? I mean, no offense, but your kind of music ain't really my style." she smirked and even gave him a little wink.
Back to top Go down
Katsu!

Katsu!

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Katsu! shook her hand with a surprise.. He was going to toss her into Limbo just for alittle fun, but he decided it'd be more fun to play with her more. Giving a toothy grin, his amber eyes would shift to their corners. "Yes Yes, alot of people say my music isn't their thing, Mmm. But it's catchy sometimes!" Keeping his innocent childlike smile, he'd let go of her hand and reach into a pocket. Pulling out a pen and a few small slips of paper, seeing how autographs were a regular thing, he'd begin to jot down some notes for her. It was the address to his studio and a time to swing by tomorrow. "Heheh, Okay then Masami. I'll arrange a meeting for tomorrow. Bring your guitar and your best tracks, and the Manager will certainly take a listen. Before you know we, could become partners in crime." The emphasis was on crime, as the boy returned the wink to the female. Handing her the sheet up paper, he'd give her a salute. What was he planning? Well, Katsu! didn't particularly believe in plans. He made things up as he went along, and it usually came out to his liking. Walking pass her, he'd tap her on the shoulder before reaching towards an 'invisible' door handle. Through his eyes he could see the door to limbo, but through hers it'd look like he was playing mime. "Don't be late, Angry-chan~" With those final words, he disappeared in a blink of an eye, almost like he had performed a magic trick. In reality, he had entered the doorway to Limbo and dived head first within its bowels. Landing with grace, he'd dust himself off and look back towards the doorway. Things were getting interesting in little ol Ueitawa. This place he once called home was becoming more and more strange to him, but he loved every second! Oh, he'd have to thank his Manager for sending him back out to the area. This whole thing with Limbo, Shadows... Madness! It made him ecstatic!
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:53 pm

"Yeah, it is. Not my style, but not bad either." She grinned, for once, she was giving an honest compliment. She always had a high oppinion of other musicians even if they were well... weird, to say the least. She took the address with a huge grin, reading it over to check if it was the real deal. "Holy crap, I still can't believe this...." She looked up and smirked. "Careful what you wish for, Katsu! you might get more than you bargained for in a partner in crime." She winked at him again and- wait... what was he doing?

"Uh, are you alright there? What're you doing in the air like- whoahah! What? How... you... how..." She circled around the spot where he disappeared, completely baffled. "Did he... no way... how...." Did she just hallucinate all that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]   Money Well Squandered [Katsu!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Money Well Squandered [Katsu!]
Page 1 of 1