Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The 'good' old days [Roxy]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

The 'good' old days [Roxy] Empty
PostSubject: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:40 pm

How bizzare. Normally, Sharaku wouldn't have stopped by mid-walk for no reason. Still, catching sight of the Tower brought some memories, whether he'd like it or not. Afterall, this was the place where it all started, no? And it used to have the list of names of people involved and whatnot. How ironic. To think what this building had been just 2 years ago. Time really flew, didn't it. A lot of people probably never even knew, or just believed it to be rumours by now. He wouldn't be very surprised. The whole Event was probably rather insane for general human standards. And even moreso for those that never had the chance to find out more about it than the whispers going around. And there was little proof of what had happened left behind.

''I wonder...''
, he would mutter to himself, as he stood nearby, looking towards the building thoughtfully. Most people didn't seem to pay him much mind anyway. And those that did probably didn't want to approach him regardless. He did look odd, so he had the benefit of a great deal of people choosing to not bother him a lot.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Roxy was on her way to follow another lead, still trying to find that one person that could open her eyes to the event two years prior. After talking to the former principal of the academy, she went on the search for the parents of the children who had gone missing or who had died during that time. Well she was on her way to speak with one of the mothers, but someone caught her eye, a man with gray skin and deep purple hair. She looked at him for a second through her glasses, studying him really. Was it bad if she approached about the event based on his appearance? Maybe so, but she needed information and anything supernatural would do. She walked across the street, moving to the sidewalk in front of him. She walked in his direction as she pulled out her badge, beginning to flash it towards the man. "Excuse me sir." She had no jurisdiction here, so it wasn't like he had to answer them anyways. This was her only option right now, talk to suspicious looking people and question them on the events two years ago. "Special Agent Roxy, F.B.I.; I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions." This would have been easier if she had been there when this happened.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Ah, what? Someone was actually trying to talk to him, which was a little unusual nowadays. And he didn't even know the person. He was sure of that. Sharaku would turn his gaze from the tower towards the woman that approached him with a quizzical expression at being interrupted from his 'daydreaming'. ''Hello?'' She certainly had a knack for being direct and to the point. He'd give her that one. Also, F.B.I.? That was some special police force, right? Honestly, he wasn't that well versed in those matters, for it hardly concerned him in most cases. Sure, he could possibly have people after him due to what he was, but he would assume those were not really a part of any normal police or anything. Of course, he could always be wrong. Nevertheless, he would have to humor this, for there wasn't really a way out without seeming suspicious. ''If it's necessary. May I ask why is it that I'm being questioned?'' Best to start by knowing the cause of this oddity. He did not have people questioning him in this manner often afterall, no matter how weird he appeared. Most people strayed away from anything abnormal as long as it did not endanger them after the events of two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 pm

"I'm investigating the events two years ago. I'm asking most people so don't worry, I'm not picking you out of the crowd. This is just the most efficient way to gather intel on the whole event that apparently took place in that time." That was a total lie, but her facial expression didn't change as she opened up her trench coat, pulling out her notepad and pen as she placed her badge in there. "It is necessary so thank you for cooperating, this won't take long." She opened up the pad to a fresh page, pressing the pen to the page as she looked up at him. "Do you mind if I ask your name first? Don't want to put you down without knowing who you are." She would write his name if he spoke it, underlining it and beginning to write underneath it about his appearance. After that she wouldn't look up as she wrote, assuming he was still there. "How long have you been in Azores?" She wrote down the same question she just asked, getting ready to write down his answer.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Oh. That. Well, that was...interesting? This wasn't the first person showing interest in the past events, but she was a little peculiar about her investigation. Or maybe he just felt odd about 'police force' snooping in these matters? It could be that. ''Well then. Why is it that it interests you so? I didn't see anyone trying to dig in seriously up until now.'' He was certainly curious about the motivations behind this. But he would answer for now. He could deal with the consequences later. Honestly, it didn't even matter by this point. His name or not, even his looks alone would be enough for someone to track him down anyway. ''The name's Sharaku Rikei.'', he'd respond nonchalantly. After that, he would just watch her contemplatively as she wrote stuff down. He could have tried to peek at what she was writing, but he figured it wasn't the best idea, as tempting as it was. ''It should be approximately four years by now. Give or take a few months.'' He wasn't sure about the exact time right now. He would need the time to think over it first if she wanted a completely accurate number, for he would have to count and calculate it.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:13 pm

She looked up from writing after his name was on the page, the sun glaring her glasses so her eyes were hidden. "Let's just say I've been busy since recently, and I got assigned to this case when no one touched it." That wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the entire truth. The man didn't need her entire story anyways, so she left the rest out. "Four years? So I'm guessing you were here two years ago?" She waited for a quick reply, looking down at her notepad. "The event was a supernatural one right? Or am I reading the situation wrong?" She almost asked why his skin color was different from a normal color, but she decided that was probably not one she should ask. "I just need to know what happened, so anything you can give me would help." She wrote a note a few more notes about him, it wasn't anything bad just observations she made.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:35 am

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow at her, but only state simply. ''You're seeking something that is long past. Not sure what you want to actually gain from it.'' These kinds of people could be a little bit annoying. As if it would bring them some sudden clarity to dissect this. What happened, happened. Knowing wouldn't give you the ability to change anything anymore, and seeing how most people were afraid of it and would rather not dig in, it was only a disturbance when someone did go and do so. All this amounted to was some form of dissatisfaction one way or another. ''Yes, I was.'' Logically. ''So it was.'' Hm, if she knew that much, why was she even asking him? Was that some sort of protocol or what? ''You seem to already know the nature of what had happened. What could I even tell you? Help what anyway? I'm uncertain how would knowledge of this help anyone, really.'' Even if one could learn how to predict supernatural happenings...there is still the inherent issue that only people who possess the ability to can fight to solve it. And you can't just say you want power and get it based on that. Yeah, there were ways, just like what had happened to him...but doing that was simply not right.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 am

She jotted down a few more notes before flipping the notepad shut. "If you really must know, I'm here to assess if it's going to happen again. Which is why I need to understand what happened in the first place." She placed her hand on her hip, leaning on her right let for support. "The files here are bull. They're really vague and leave out important details, which makes my job annoying and tedious. I've noted that the police force here is unreliable." She snickered a bit, looking up at the sky. "Honestly my boss decided it wasn't too late to check up on this place, but I feel like this is just a waste of time. Sure something could happen, but I should just come back if and when it does." She looked back up at the man, studying him a bit more. She couldn't help it really, she just had to ask. "Alright it's killing me. Did something during the event cause you to look like this, or is this something else of that origin?" She tried to not make that sound rude, but it was hard with her serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 am

That so. ''I'm pretty sure that if something like it happens again, it won't be the same thing anymore. So it's unlikely that it is possible to predict whether something will. It may, it may not.'' With the way things ended, he did not expect the Angels to come back once again, and definitely not in their lifetime in case they found a reason to. And if something else of the nature was to happen...well, can you predict it off of a completely unrelated event? ''What would you do if you could somehow predict it? It's probably not possible to stop such ahead of time regardless.'' Well, she came over to him, so she would have to somehow deal with him being curious about her motivations in turn. He would actually snort when she mentioned the police files being inaccurate. ''Of course. 99% of the police has no idea what really happened. They weren't the ones solving the core of what was going on. You can't expect them to have worthwile files.'' Maybe they had some basic records, but as far as he knew, police had been more of an obstacle than help in the case. Setting up guards and whatnot without really knowing what they were dealing with.

He would hum. ''Playing this game is dangerous. You sure you know what you're trying to get yourself into?'' Getting immersed in this type of stuff can possibly even be fatal to some. It was really just luck that so few people actually died two years ago. There was always the risk, however. He would blink a few times, before giving her an amused smile. ''Yes and no. The real reason behind my appearance dates years back before said event. But I suppose it did succeed in making it somewhat more pronounced, if nothing else. Is that clear enough?'' He seemed to be amused enough to answer her prying, albeit he was still somewhat vague in his response.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:41 pm

"It's more like taking an assessment on this place. You would be surprised though, when something of this magnitude happens, it can be easy to predict if it or something similar will happen again. But no one here has any clue how to do that apparently." Roxy laughed a bit, pushing her glasses up her face a bit. "The police here are all dimwits. I couldn't get any worthwhile information out of them. Most of them have just been pushing pencils for a few years so they're not used to actually investigating anything." He mentioned how dangerous it would be for her to get involved, which was something she had heard a few times since coming here. "I can handle myself. I wouldn't have been sent here if I couldn't deal anything of this nature. I've dealt with this enough to understand how to handle myself if the situation arises." She nodded at the comment on his appearance, trying to keep eye contact. "I was just curious. This place is on my top ten list of strangest places in the world, which is saying something cause I've seen everything." She took her hand off her hip and placed it into her trench coat pocket, surprised this man had actually pulled her into a conversation. It had been awhile since she had actually talked to someone; ever since...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Hm. ''If something is indeed to happen again, it won't be the same thing. Based on how it ended back then, the same should not happen once more. At the very least, not as soon as within our lifetimes.'' He did hope the Angels would not break what has been said on some whim. And well, were it to happen again, the outcome would most likely not change too much. Most people were determined to not take sides and split up, honestly. And a few were unlikely to win against the majority. He would give her a wry smile. ''I wouldn't know. I'm not acquainted with the police. Although, they do have a certain benefit of doubt. Those that do not possess the means to battle the supernatural cannot do so without getting killed on spot. And I'm pretty sure no one in the police can do that. Thus, they did not even have the necessary tools to get properly involved.'' And they were not idiotic enough to go and get themselves wiped out, at least. They weren't even aware of the scale of what was really going on.

He would smirk lightly. ''If you say so. It was just a fair warning. When it gets bad, it gets bad. As far as Gods and the like.'' That's basically what the Primordials were. And then you had Angels. It was not an easy journey, no matter how knowledge you thought you possessed. It never amounts to the real deal. ''Right. It is strange. There is no denying that. Even if only because of what had happened here.'' There was no way to refute that. The rumours going around alone could grab attention of someone that was interested in this for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:43 am

"With the way you make it sound, it would be absolute hell if it happened again so here's hoping. There's only one real way to know if it's truly over though." She thought for a second before continuing. "It depends on how it ended the first time. It's like a sentence, there are periods that end the sentence and start a new one, but there are also commas that make it sound like the sentence is over when in reality it is still going to pick up." She had been told that line by her old partner when they were working; it had been some time since she had use that out loud. "There's also semicolons, that create another sentence of sorts different from the original one, inside the sentence itself. It's honestly easier to think of it like that." It really was, at least by her standards. That was usually how she evaluated these events of sorts; if it seems like the job didn't get done the first time, she knew it would happen again. "Gods? Which ones, if you don't mind me asking? I know about the two main ones that invoke the use of personas, if that's what you're referring to. Those are easy to remember compared to everything else. Honestly I thought it was always funny how they were in position each time they appear." She smirked a bit. "I used to think America was strange, but it's one of the most boring places I've lived in." She cleared her throat, maintaining eye contact. "So tell me, do you know how it ended? And maybe a general on how it began?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Uhh, okay? He understood the sentence analogy, but it also made little sense in the end. Yeah, so you have a period, a comma and a semicolon. Yet, what does it matter which one is at the end? Neither is a complete ending, for even after a period, another sentence can start. In which case, it's all the same in the end. Something will continue after an action, but you can hardly say what for sure. At best predict if it will be similar to the previous or not. All in all, there is no true confirmation for future events. ''....how that does prove anything, though? No matter what ending a sentence has, another one can still start. And it could very well be anything, mainly in the first case.'' He just wasn't following that one. ''But yes, I do think it will be quite bad if something happens again.'' It has been back then. There was little hope anything new would suddenly be mellow.

''I don't know much about those two. They never mattered to me personally, and they haven't been very relevant either. Those that created havoc were called the Primordial Gods. And then there were Angels as well. It was far from simple.''
, he would shrug slightly. ''What does America have to do with this...?'' He's never been there, but each place can be either boring or strange, depending on what you happen to stumble upon once there. ''The 'leader' of the Gods has been defeated and destroyed. And I believe the Angels were convinced to leave, but I wasn't around for that, so I don't know the details.'' It was only an assumption, based on that one dream they all had, and the fact that nothing happened since. He was too busy with Nesoi back then, so he didn't know what exactly happened on the other side of the story. ''It began with an odd announcement and the world changing, but the beginning was no real indicator for what was to happen anyway.'' They knew nothing back then.
Back to top Go down
Salmane

Salmane

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 am

"No see, the event was a full sentence." She scratched the back of her head, thinking for a second. "Ahh forget the metaphor. It's one of those things that you either understand or you don't." She didn't want to sit there all day and try to explain what she meant, at least it made sense to her. "Well there was an event in America, though it wasn't of this magnitude. But a few operatives lost their lives during that time, so it wasn't something you could easily forget if you witnessed it.." It wasn't too bad, just a Demon outbreak throughout the entire country; but it was only a few demons per state and they dealt with them fairly quick, compared to how long this event two years ago apparently took place. That was the time that her partner had died though, which is the only reason she would remember a mission like that. "Either way, if it seems like there's going to be a squeal, then there probably will be. Like if the 'final battle,' felt anti-climactic in a way." She paused for a moment, checking her phone. It had already gotten late huh? "Alright Mr. Rikei, it was nice speaking to you." She placed her phone back in her pocket, looking up at the sky. "You seem to know what you're doing. So if anything happens, I don't expect you won't be on the case in fixing it." Without another word, she'd move on to the house she was going to in the first place. The detour did help her investigation, but there was still work to be done. Maybe the two could fight side by side eventually; that is if Roxy felt like working together.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 3:51 pm

''Hm...'' He understood the meaning, but not the implications. To him, how something like that ended mattered none. Nothing is certain. Even if it gave off the vibe that it had been the last, it wouldn't have to actually be so. He doubted humans had the ability to accurately predict something of that caliber. They can claim they'd know, but that's where it ends. If they're lucky, it will go based on what they thought. If not, then too bad. There are just some things that are kind of pointless to ponder about excessively. The only way to know is to see it happen with your own eyes. He would remain mostly quiet, commenting only on the later parts. ''Feelings are subjective. I wouldn't place them very high as a proof for something of this kind. People get let down often, and this doesn't have to be an exception.'' Life can pull your leg too. Making you feel like something will happen, and then nothing does. Not too unlikely. ''What choice do I really have?'' There is no point in sitting around when something is happening. Unless you want to just die early. Ah well. She was an odd one. He usually wasn't the biggest fan of the randomly nosy people that walk up to you and start 'interrogating' you even though they're a complete stranger, but she didn't seem to be actually harmful. For now....

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'good' old days [Roxy]   The 'good' old days [Roxy] Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'good' old days [Roxy]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next