Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

COTTON CANDY! (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

COTTON CANDY! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Sentinel and Maria had stepped out of the Biggest Top for a few moments to buy concessions before the next scheduled showing was supposed to start. Sentinel knew what Maria wanted before they had even gotten to the circus, heck before they had even thought about going to the circus. That was....

Cotton Candy

Maria just loved cotton candy, it was the second best thing about the circus. The best being the star green haired performer, which had chosen Maria and Sentinel to participate in a show once before as well as giving Maria one of her hair beads, which Maria still wore. Though she had yet to convince Sentinel to try his hand at being strong man for the circus or a guest strongman at the very least. Oh but she was plotting...a cute type of plotting that involved puppy dog eyes, but plotting nonetheless.

"Cotton candy!" she said as she was handed a large fluff of cotton candy which she set forth in eagerly devouring it! Her eyes glimmering with childhood joy and happiness, but as she ate...she looked up at Senty. "Senty! Why don't you trying to be a strong man? They take guests performances and no one is stronger than you!"

"Me? A strong man? Come on now Maria, our time in the spotlight was enough wasn't it? You still have that bead in your hair, after all." To which Maria's only reply was big puppy dog eyes.

"Pleasssseeeeeeeeee"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 7:55 am

Sharaku frowned as he paced about on the streets, seemingly in a rather upset mood. It was unclear as to why for the moment, but regardless of the reasons behind it, he appeared to be trying to do something. Or maybe he was simply testing a theory. It would most likely hold no meaning for others either way. But no, he was not really interested in an actual circus show, and normally, wouldn't be likely to even consider it unless someone else attempted to drag him there in the first place. Still, he was currently hanging around close by the place, albeit he did not bother going inside. Strange? Maybe, but he had his personal reasons for everything, even if he rarely bothered explaining them to anyone. He usually felt no particular need to get more odd looks than he was already viable to due to other things.

What was he up to? That was apparently going to be a mystery for now, as he turned his attention elsewhere soon enough, being distracted by a young girly voice. He was sort of used to filtering most of the conversations he heard by now, but sometimes it was just really hard. Mainly in cases distinct voices coupled with an enthusiastic way of speaking. Most often being children of people that just liked being overly animated. Of course, he had no specific reason to care, but he was capable of noting when the subject of his distraction was familiar. Well, moreso the other person there, but that was just an unnecessary detail. A certain android obviously didn't change much at all, and was thus easy to pick out even after two years.

Hm. Maybe this could be of use somehow. Not really what he was here for, but it could do. Besides, he could also try out something else, and he was mildly interested in seeing how quickly would the guy recognize him as well. Afterall, he looked quite a bit different nowadays. Being even taller than before, slight change in eye color, having purple hair, black armd, claws and whatnot. Even though his trademark gray skin stayed the same. On top of that, he was certainly dressed a bit oddly today. Odd as in, not something he used to wear in the past.

That said, he would approach the two from behind while they were distracted by cotton candy and some performance issues he wasn't really trying to comprehend anyway.

COTTON CANDY! (Open) K6EMGqn

''You seem to be getting 'bossed' around quite easily. Is that what you spend time doing these days?''
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Sentinel heard a voice, a very familiar voice, and he turned around to see the owner of said voice. A tall man, with dark arms..claws and purple hairs. The android stood a bit confused before, recognition sank in after a few moments. "Sharaku? ...wow it looks as though the past two years have kept you busy." The android said red eyes widening, and the android thought he looked strange, but he now thought that Sharaku stood out a bit more. The android was a bit stunned by all the changes to say the very least, Maria on the other hand seemed to recall that Sharaku was Senty's friend and seeing him dressed and looking rather odd decided to ask an important question.

"Oh! Mr. Sharaku! That's a nice costume! Are you participating in the show today?" She asks her eyes widening a bit in hope, but also keen interest. Sentinel would pat her on the head.

"Part of me doubts that Maria, but Sharaku you've changed...a lot. I didn't even recognize you. What have you been up to these past two years?" The android asked more than a bit curious about this...drastic change that seemed to occur in his friend. He hadn't seen Sharaku in quite a while, but...here he is and he is..different in a lot of ways. More ways than the android had expected after the past two years.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Sharaku would tilt his head slightly. A little faster than he expected, albeit the android appeared to be surprised enough to completely pass over his initial question in favor of expressing his wows. ''You didn't answer what I asked. I should be hurt.'', he would state at first, his tone rather ambiguous, making it somewhat tricky to guess whether he was serious with that or not. He would opt to respond more on point soon after, though. ''I wouldn't call it busy, but yes, hi.'' It got him wondering, however. What on him suggested he had been busy for the last two years? Can looks even tell something like that? Hmm. Maria's question would draw him out of his musing quite swiftly though, and he would look over at her with a faint smile. ''Costume..? I'm not really dressing up at all. But...thanks.'', he would answer after a moment of thought, choosing to not directly address the actual question. The given answer should be obvious enough, most likely.

''Hm? You're addressing me by name, so it appears that you did recognize me.''
Right. He seemed a bit hesitant about the inquiry, on the other hand. Did that really have to be one of the first things people he used to know asked? While he could undestand where most people were coming from, it was not a question he wanted to deal with right off the bat. Preferably, he would like to avoid it for a good while at least. It has been two years, yes, but was there a need to almost ask that instead of a hello? Maybe he was a little nitpicky on that, but he did not like talking about himself too much in most cases. It wasn't that simple. ''Nothing very interesting.'', he would say eventually, bouncing the question off.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:01 pm

The android blinked a bit,"Oh sorry, I was just surprised to see you here...wait..." The android peered at Sharaku trying to get a sense of whether or not his friend was being serious or sarcastic. "I can't tell if you're being serious or joking with me." He shrugged, he really shouldn't have expected to be able to read Sharaku. He never really could tell if there was something his friend was thinking about as he hid it behind a mask of stone and an ambiguous voice.

I did, after a few moments you're a hard person to forget, even if you changed your appearance a bit." The android said still a bit surprised by all the changes, and also a bit worried...about...the arms. He didn't recall Sharaku having such arms the last time he saw his friend and he knew that his friend was...different, but the arms were just odd. "So what brings you to the circus? I'd never imagine that you would come here, unless you had something you had to do here." The android asked a bit curious if it was something he could help out with. He was always happy to help, even though his friend was a bit more distant and seemed to prefer working alone. Not to mention he was pretty secretive, only now did the android realize that perhaps he would get more conversation if he spoke about himself.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:22 am

Sharaku looked to the side in thought. Oddly enough, he wasn't entirely decided whether he had been serious about it or not. On one side, he kind of wanted to be. On the other, he was aware that it wasn't exactly warranted in the current situation It was also a little tempting to see how would the android react if he claimed that he was dead serious though. He would furrow his brows slightly. ''Both?'', he'd half answer, half ask. Would his answer change anything anyway? Probably not, as he supposed the question had simply been one of confirmation in this case. But you could never know. Regardless, it would appear that he did not know a cleae answer to it himself.

''I can't decide whether that is a blessing or a curse.''
He couldn't deny that. He was much easier to spot and keep in memory than your average person that blends in with the crowd in normal circumstances. People were naturally more likely to remember someone that is odd and sticks out in some way, often without even needing a specific event to remember said person by. Was it a good thing? Hard to say. Being realistic here, he generally did not seek to be the center of attention, and have people turn their heads after him as he walked past. From that angle, he wasn't too pleased with it. Still, he did like doing his own thing, and often found fitting in with the crowd a boring state of being. Which, all in all, contradicted everything else. It was just a loop that had no ending, apparently. But he shouldn't be surprised. It seemed to be a fairly common occurence that he was after things that couldn't really be achieved together.

''I wanted to...try something, but nevermind that.'' On second thought, he realized this wasn't the best place to do that at to begin with. Quite the opposite, actually. It was a circus ground afterall. He didn't exactly think this through, but he hadn't been in the best of moods to start with. As it was, he would have to content himself to drawing something from the android now that he was here. It would be rude of him to just waltz away mid-conversation, thus he was stuck here for a while. Or so he supposed. ''Aren't you busy anyway? Circus shows don't wait for people.''
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:43 pm

The android blinked, so both...interesting...and contradictory. He had an answer, but thought it might have been moot at this point. Thus he turned his attention toward the fact that his friend was a bit lost if his ability to be recognized was a blessing or a curse. The android pondered for a moment, "Well it prevented a possibly awkward start to a conversation, and it allows friends to find you easier, so I consider it a blessing." The android offered his own input likely he always does. He could also see the negatives to it very easily, but Sharaku wasn't in any sort of trouble was he?

Red eyes glanced toward his friend's arms....maybe he was...that was perhaps one of the most drastic changes without any sort of explaination. Sharaku didn't respond well to pressing, but the android would like to know. When his friend stated that he wanted to try something, but then dismissed it...he paused and tilted his head toward his friend. What was he trying to do before....now? The android then was reminded that circus shows don't wait for people, and Maria began to tug on his hand.

"Senty, the shows going to start soon..." she said pulling on his hand, the android looks down at her, and nods his head.

"Yes, very well Maria, but Sharaku...walk with us to the entrance at least. It's been a while and I would like to know what you were going to do here. If you don't mind sharing." The android said trying to get his friend to tag along for a bit longer. He gave a time limit, so he would have to work within that limit.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:40 pm

''What if I don't always want to be found?'', he'd ask in a contemplative tone. He'd say that it was awkward anyway, whether the person he spoke with recognized him or not, for several reasons. And...in all honesty, sometimes he felt like it would be better for him to not keep this up. He just felt like he needed a change. Not many of those so called friends were close enough that he would be extremely concerned by them not 'finding' him at this point. Yes, he would not feel pleased by the fact that he was ignored or such itself, but not based on who was the one doing the ignoring, really. Sans special cases. Perhaps it wasn't nice towards the others, but he often felt like he was stuck. It was already hard enough for him to get along with most people, and it was even harder to change their impressions of him, seeing as most didn't even have an idea of who he really was. He was capable of understanding others in most cases, but the other way around...it was often a big fail. Of course, he was aware it was partially his own fault as well, but fixing it was an issue he didn't really know how to deal with when it came up.

He would furrow his brows at the development, but go along with it. He hadn't thought the android would go and take his suggestion of the show not waiting right away. Perhaps it was because the girl joined in as well? ''I'll accompany you, but I cannot answer that question, for your own well-being.'' Nor want to, or feel like there's a point in doing it. It wasn't as simple as stating an answer. He couldn't say what he was trying to accomplish without explaining a lot of other things before getting to that. There wasn't even enough time to do that, as the walk to the entrance wouldn't take forever. Two, he prefered to talk about personal things with a person alone, not out in the open. Three, he would rather not have a young girl listen to that kind of stuff either. There was no win-win in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 12:27 pm

The android offered a soft smile, "Well I'd recommend losing the purple in your hair then. It doesn't help you blend in that well, but if you're goal is to not get spotted then well...that's unfortunate. If you truly don't want to be found then you should focus on looking and appearing the same as others if you can. The human eye notices difference before similarities." The android said, pondering whether or not Sharaku was trying to avoid attention. That would explain the change in appearance, after all...the android didn't recognize him, but...at the same time he was not dressed to blend in.

The android was not too surprised by the fact that he would not answer the question, it seems that his friend was still not forthcoming with information. The android recalled his friend not being one wanting to share information freely, perhaps rather in and rush to try and help he should take a different approach. "Well if you change your mind, then you have my number. Call and I'll be there." The android knew pressing the situation with his friend never worked, but he could always offer an ear whenever his friend was ready.

Though for now he sensed a slight change in topic would better serve the two of them, "Tell me Sharaku, have you ever seen the circus show? It's quite good, and I've actually participated in it before. I know its not your style, but it quite a good show. I recommend you at least take a look, I think you will enjoy it." He said, trying to change the topic at least a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 1:03 pm

''I can't. It's as simple as that. This is how I normally look. I could technically try to use dyes, but I am not very keen on that. And it's not only my hair anyway. The other things can hardly be fixed, so I have to deal with how I am.'' He looked out there in general. Gray skin, golden eyes with a hint of orange, purple hair with a bit of dark blue, black clawed hands, tattoo stuff, and even fangs, albeit that wasn't always visible unless he opened his mouth wide. No way he was going to appear normal, no matter what he did. He would probably just make himself look like a clown by trying to cover up stuff.

Hm, right. ''I know.'' And while he had nothing specific against the android...well, it was still not the smartest idea to discuss certain matters with robots. Even if he did not want to discriminate or anything, but that's just how it was. And he personally didn't run on logic that much, no matter how it may seem at times. He knew well that machines would have a harder time processing anything emotion related and such. He didn't really want to toss that stuff at Alphonse, even if he eventually chose to talk about something. It would be easier on them both this way. He was complicated even for his own reflections, so what could an android say about him?

''I have. Once. It was a long time ago, though.''
Over two years, pretty much. It was...probably before everything went to hell two years ago. He didn't remember exactly. And while he had not disliked it, he didn't feel like it was the best thing ever either. Albeit he would not mind watching in case he was invited by someone. He was just prone to losing interest fairly quickly when he had to sit through something, and it happened to not be as entertaining as his mind would like it to be.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:28 pm

The android nodded his head, so he couldn't...this was his friend's normal appearance now. Well that would make it hard to blend in with. However, it is clear that his friend didn't seem to want to talk about it, or so the android perceived. Perhaps that had something to do with what he was trying to do here. Granted, this was all speculation and the android could not make any real conclusions at this point.

Not to mention if his friend wanted to tell him, then he was sure that his friend would. Though that didn't make it easy letting go about the concern, he still didn't know that much about Sharaku. Though, he did go to the circus once a very long time ago. "I see, well perhaps you should go again? Maybe not today, but sometime in the near future?" The android said seeing the entrance getting closer and closer. The android looked at his friend, trying to figure out what else there is to say. Part of him doubted that he would talk much about the circus, but there had to be something.

There was something, but he knew that this was not the time nor place for them to discuss it. That would have to be done in a more private setting, but the android was curious about his friends thoughts. When they got the entrance he would look toward his old friend and smile, "Well, it was good to see you again, Sharaku. I hope you'll stay in touch, I'm a bit curious about how you have been. We'll have to catch up sometime, right?" He said offering a hand for his friend to shake. He would hold it out for a few moments waiting for his friend to either take it or walk away.

Regardless of the result, Maria would be pulling his other arm, and they would both enter the circus tent together and hurry to their seats. Evidently, the show was about to start.

(Exit)
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:22 pm

At that point, Sharaku was busy absentmindedly examining the ground under his feet, pretty much. The silence felt rather awkward, and he wasn't going to speak up right after he finished saying something. He didn't even have anything smart to say anyway. A joke about him being colorful? Right, that would make it all even more out of place.

This just felt like...sort of being detached from reality. Not that he ever had a lot to say around the android unless a meaningful conversation prompt came up, but something felt really blank in this particular small talk. He just couldn't pinpoint what exactly. Alphonse was too busy wondering and being curious about him, while he...only felt uneasy for some reason. Was it because of something in this situation, or a general mood of today? He wasn't sure. The one thing he was quite sure of was the fact that he was thinking about feelings a lot right now. Albeit he did that a lot in general. ''Maybe....'' Yeah, what for? He could go alone, but it would probably mean little to him in the end. A rather short lived entertainment he couldn't even participate in or anything like that. This particular style of shows probably wasn't really for him. Not unless he had some good company as well that would make it interesting for him.

''I guess so...'', he would mutter, taking the handshake, even though his grip wouldn't be very firm. He was in quite the melancholy mood right there and then. Was he the only one that didn't really give a damn about what had happened during those two years or what? For some reason, it frustrated him so easily when people insisted on hearing what he had been doing as basically the first thing after meeting and whatnot. Can he just NOT bother with that so much? Of course, he wouldn't really call the other out on it.

Well, so much for a short accompany session. They barely talked anyway. And now he felt like he just wanted to go sit somewhere...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COTTON CANDY! (Open)   COTTON CANDY! (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

COTTON CANDY! (Open)
Page 1 of 1