Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Dansen

Dansen

Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Dansen had been wandering around the town of Nadeshiki for quite a few hours before coming upon a bunch of gang punks forcibly taking a boy's money, they looked to be some of the regulars of the rather dark streets, the boy seemed to come from Kizuna high school he had probably not expected such a reception upon entering the badlands that were the streets of Nadeshiki at night. Still it was a scene Dansen could not have placed better he had grown a reputation in the town as a avid gambler and a rather large pest to those who were looking for victims to mug. "Hey fellas, say why don't I play you for that kid's money if you win you can get what I got off the last guys I saw today..." Dansen proceeded to take out some of the money he had taken from his last 'endeavor' and the rest was seemingly history the men set up a makeshift table from the side of the street and Poker was the name of the game, a game that was Dansen favorite to boot. He let the thugs shuffle the deck they would complain of cheating had they not but he had no reason to here, in school he would cheat to see if anyone was eagle-eyed to notice the ploy but here he was willing to use a little bit of luck and some pride as a gambler deal with the badmen of the Nadeshiki nights.

It was almost too easy... The game ended up without much of a hassle the opponent had little idea how to play poker and did not even know how the effective cards could be together, Dansen's luck was shining that day and as it had so did the face of the boy he saved. "Here's your cut." He handed the boy his stolen money back to himwith a calming smile. "I would suggest looking for better nightlife elsewhere guys around here are known to prey on anyone who looks remotely well dressed..." The boy was cut off by the sound and weight of a glass being thrown to wide to hit his head yet enough to alert him of the danger, the gang was not willing to let him go with the little money they had, it took a quick knee to the player he was against to scatter his allies the others did not even notice Dansen's speed before their leader was already on his way to a meeting with the asphalt. Dansen took a quick look around as the men fled and the other boy ran quickly home and sighed as he thought out loud to himself "It wasn't about the money it was the game itself that was important at least be chivalrous when you lose..." With that Dansen noted a rumbling in his lower stomach "Hmmmm might get a bite to eat, maybe I'll go to that Sushi joint those second year girls were talking about..." With that next thought Dansen was off ready to get through the night with perhaps a few less altercations, still couldn't hurt if it mixed things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Dansen entered the little sushi joint with the intention of getting something to fill the pit that was seemingly ever growing in his stomach, the restaurant was seemingly abuzz by the acts of a certain chef who displayed quite impressive knife play. It wasn't uncommon to have someone in Nadashiki have some skill with blades the place was known to be rather dangerous, it was a field of wolves waiting to prey on those who had the gall to enter unprepared, still Dansen did not see the big deal with skill with a knife as the restaurant was seemingly in an uproar with the skills of this unknown worker. It was when he was seated that he had come to realize why he had heard about this restaurant so particularly and why he remembered that the second year girls he had heard wanting to come here were so giggly and excited. As he sat down he was in spitting distant of Tsurinai Naito his senior and seemingly challenger who was the one that those around him were so mesmerized by, his skill with a blade as he cut through the pieces of raw fish that were handed towards him was quite impressive as expected of someone who had skill with a blade as well as being a rather focused if not blunt individual. Dansen did not expect such a chance meeting to occur and as such even one such as him was surprised to see Naito to be working in a strip mall in the middle of one of the more uncouth areas of the Ueitawa region. As such Dansen openly said aloud "Naito-senpai? You work here?"

He did then realized that this would explain the rather large amount of girls of his and Naito's age that seemingly were waiting to be served, it had seemed that Naito was quite popular seemingly without doing much. "Must be his magnetic personality..." Dansen joked in his head but he certainly did not expect such an lucky encounter to occur as such he decided to order. He choose to get some Spicy tuna rolls along with shrimp and salmon sashimi separately and all the while he had hoped that Naito would not be distracted by having one of those he seemingly didn't see as simple cattle in the restaurant, it was not Dansen's effort to cause Naito any distress of any added stress, at this point he just wanted some grub. If Naito did however come to Dansen and question him Dansen would claim "Well Senpai I didn't think you would need a part-time job, but it seems your training how to cut up a person rather than more fish..." The thought was gruesome but it did seem that was the case, now it was on Naito to give perhaps an explanation for his being there.
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Seemingly Naito had made good on his gut feeling, the real reason he was here was not simply to make good tasting fish dishes but instead to have a sort of training that you cannot have simply in the gym or the dojo a kind of skill training that requires a bit more finesse than usual. Naito had asked the Dansen why he was out on the streets of Nadashiki at such a time like this, he had expected the reason was that Dansen was looking to get a thrill from a few of the patrons of the fair streets and he was not that far off, but the real reason Dansen was there was more or less due to the fact he was simply in such a whimsical type of mood. He would never stand still he had to be moving or doing something or he would simply not be able to contain himself it had just so happened that an event like teach some thugs poker was one of the events that Dansen was willing to do that day. "Well I'm not the kind of person to force others into a game without some provocation, I play and gamble to see the best and worst that a person can get when they leave their fate to chance." He had responded rather somberly for the way that Dansen usually did but he was not looking to be coy or ironic he was openly telling Naito his feelings on his habit of games and whatnot.

After finishing that the silver-haired senior made comments on Dansen's heroics that occurred outside. "Oh you saw that huh?" He was a little surprised but Naito was the kind of person to tell it straight rather than dance around a subject and he did this rather spectacularly as he stabbed his blade into the wood of the chopping board before questioning Dansen on his aid of the boy outside Dansen waited for Naito to finish his question before he straightened up and looked rather seriously at Naito but still talked with rather friendly mannerisms. "Well if a person is saved by another then sometimes that person can feel quite pathetic having to rely on another to help them out of a jam." Dansen continued after taking a sip from the water he had procured from one of the servers. "When someone realizes that there not strong enough to protect themselves some will let that be their lot in life, but I always like to see a gambler be born, not for games but for the chance to change their status and how their gonna live afterwards." Dansen looked at Naito's stern and unflinching expression "I want to see people change I wanna know that those who could be called weak can prove those that claim them so wrong, I know its a gamble but that's something I've never been afraid of." Dansen finished off he speech with grabbing the handle of the knife that Naito had stuck into the wood and lifting an uncut salmon piece up in the air. Before the piece of fish hit the wood again it was already in 5 clean cuts that landed together those around would be surprised at first and then a bit wary due to a student having such skill with a blade not to mention one-handed at that. "I've always found a Shinai to be a bit bulky and heavy one-handed is more my style..." Dansen then proceeded to stab the knife back into the board waiting on Naito to make his move.
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Dansen made his apologies to the manager at the restaurant first claiming he never meant to kick up a fuss he only wanted to crack out the kink in his wrist that had been there for a good hour now, the manager seemingly unsettled around the two gentlemen in front of him, especially Naito he took the apology and made his excuses to move on. Dansen turned to Naito whose questioning on Dansen's views were seemingly more argumentative than what he had hoped, seemingly his elder did not like the notion of leaving things to chance he enjoyed a sense of control and clarity in everything he did. Dansen had to shake his head on his rather opposing thought on the matter, he did not wish to claim that Naito was wrong in his thinking anyone could have their opinion on the matters of how life should work, Naito simply enjoyed being in the captain seat and controlling every moment and situation he could try. "Sorry, but if you are not a fan of chance or 'fate' then choosing to take on Kendo or even trying to get stronger in general is simply leaving yourself open to be taken aback by how the world can shock you." Dansen stopped to eat a portion of his meal then continued. "In combat you can't expect to have all the situations just fall into place, more than that you can't just rely on yourself to know what is needed for all of those around you if you take on the task of controlling everyone you will end up not having enough to beat someone who sees the event roll out in front of them and then plans around them." Dansen took another bite of raw fish then finished up. "You can't expect to control the forces of nature like chance encounters, fights or even the slip ups of human error. If you try you'll end up dead." Dansen gave his two cents for Naito comments only for Naito to praise his truthfulness when being asked about his views. "A person's ideals are their strength lose them and you have no drive to evolve."

Naito then made another query to Dansen on the aid he had given to the student and his expectations with the student that he had aided. "You're wondering if I expect him to aid me? Well if he becomes stronger then maybe, but more than what I did was I gave him a reason to grow and better himself, no one wants to be weak enough that they must be protected right? I want to create the bonds that can create strength for those who have yet to understand they had the potential to take it for themselves." Dansen finished up his meal and sighed a bit when he realized he had been filled to bursting from his journey to search for better food establishments. Naito took on a cold glare as he looked down at his knife he then made good on a few choice words on Dansen's Kendo skills, Dansen wanted to ease his elder's worries so he did try to tell him in the only way he could when fighting. "Don't worry I don't expect to waste away in the corner, I hate to lose unless my opponent is really good." Dansen tilted his head towards Naito and took on a serious stare to meet his own "And also, if you thought that you opinion of me was all I cared about on the Kendo team then I feel you may be a bit off, when I fight I do it to better myself or to look to better others I don't need much of a pep boost other than that." Dansen finished up with that and waited on the Sliver-haired chef to make his next move waiting in anticipation in the little game of ideals chess they were playing.

Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Dansen had his ear talked off by Naito on ideal of chance that he had given to his attention he had stated that he felt that while chance was a factor in all things he and others could turn the tide of chance and fate to their advantage, it was something that Dansen could see as true but if Naito felt that this was possible simply changing the way a battle could turn or a person would change their opinion by enforcing his own control over it then he would be swallowed by the sea of his own avarice and ego before it was too long, still Dansen held no grudge against his elder for having his own views it was one of the few things that he could give a person credit for to stick to their guns and never stop trying to give his own ideals clarity. Still when Naito had claimed that Dansen was a coward for believing in such a thing as chance or fate Dansen gave a look of stern understanding and retorted the way he saw fit. "I think of cowardice a different way, I feel that those who are willing to sit back a watch while others are hurt, those who could be of use to them simply due to their own pride are cowardly, if you have the power to protect then use it if not for that then why else where you given it? To enforce your own will? That makes someone no better than those thugs trying to extort money cause they think they are better than those they steal from." Dansen never openly out and said to Naito directly his feelings on the matter but he could guess the second year would understand the context of such a confrontation that Dansen had put before him, the young man was becoming aware of the sliver haired man's way of acting. He was like a brick wall that was unrelenting, stuck into his ideals and beliefs he became an immovable object, yet this made it so Dansen had to have a sort of respect for Naito's ambition and way of life. Still Dansen would act as an unstoppable force as one who felt that change could occur anytime and it was not the will of anyone who should affect that.

Naito made comments back towards Kendo and how he expected that Dansen not falter on his skills or to rely on his own beliefs but to break through his own expectations. "Hmm You do know your stuff about Kendo Naito..." Dansen had made no honorific as previously and simply continued on with the same look of sombre yet stern strength. "If I was to break through my own barriers that would mean defeating you as well." He sat back in his chair and watched Naito's every move then continued "If I was to do that though I would still think of it as a stepping stone to the change I so desperately desire for each and every step of the way, in order to better ones self and those around him he must evolve to become the best he can be for himself as well as those he wishes to help." Dansen finished with his feelings on Naito's own self ambition. "You may want to prove to those around you that the strong control the weak, but man is a social creature and to deny the wishes or ideals of the 'dregs' is to make yourself weaker by comparison." Dansen once again took a confrontational stance to Naito, he knew the man only respected strength and he was not one to shy away from a battle of ideals so in this case it was an immovable object versus and unstoppable force with both waiting for the other to falter or for them both to begin to understand, something that was perhaps a hard sell at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Dansen

Dansen

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Dansen heard once again Naito's opinions on the way that Dansen viewed the world, he made points that Dansen had some irony in claiming that someone like himself could take the high ground when he takes money from those he wins against. "True I do win money from those I play, but I take it as an experience to learn rather than a way to extort the weak most people who would try their luck after being beaten once could show that they have more potential than previously seen." Dansen had finished his meal and the waiter was taking away the plates, Dansen requested the check to be given as soon as possible and the man went off to check the toll. Naito continued on to focus on his ideal that he would like to have seen, the change of those who would take ambition to its extremes and rule those who would not, Dansen could see the future that Naito wanted to see was different but not entirely destructive, but it had problems. "If you allow everyone to cling to ambition then it would lead to the destructive urges of jealousy and envy taking over ever facet of a person's daily life, that's no way to live." Dansen had given more to the older student to think upon though he expected Naito to not take such things to heart at this point. Naito went on to seemingly smile when Dansen mentioned the idea of beating him he turned to Dansen and tilted his head while he talked upon the coming of perhaps a new world, but he then gave something away that piqued Dansen's interest. "What does Naito know about the disappearances around the area?"

Dansen had heard of mystery vanishings that had occurred, it was nothing much than rumors or hushed whispers but he did not think much of them, simply people losing their way or leaving for brighter pastures in the dead of night. But Naito claimed that there was more than just that, something that hit Dansen in the pit of his stomach. "If Naito knows something about these missing persons then what is the deal?" He wasn't sure if the older student gave it away intentionally but the words raced through Dansen's mind as he tried to come up with some sort of scenario where Naito could have knowledge of such things. Naito then bid the younger man farewell as he usually did, he questioned if Dansen would fall behind or if he would take hold of his life and outdo others, Dansen felt best to answer honestly. "I will do what I always do keep progressing forward even when it seems unreasonable, and if I happen to empower others then that is simply 'fate' throwing out another hand to me." With that Naito was gone and the waiter had returned with Dansen's check. He paid with the money he had gotten off the thug on the street, he did not feel that proud about it but the criminal had tried to take more money that was not his so it was a fair trade in his eyes. As he exited the restaurant he had saw that the silver-haired student was long gone, his words and impressions made Dansen wary yet his own self-belief in himself was so strong that it had to be admired. Dansen was sure he would meet Naito again, then perhaps he could get to the bottom of the mystery of Naito's knowledge with the missing persons going on in the region. "I love a good mystery." Dansen thought to himself as he slowly made his way back to the dorms.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:35 am

Dansen has established a rank 2 social link with Naito of the Emperor Arcana...

Naito has established a rank 2 social link with Dansen of the Emperor Arcana..

Both parties can now protect each other from an attack, taking half damage, once during battle...
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]   Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen] Empty

Back to top Go down

Trash will always be Trash [Open / Dansen]
Page 1 of 1