Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) Empty
PostSubject: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 12:50 pm

Ok yo It's uh. It's me Break. This is a uh *clicks tongue* Pvp Tutorial

I figured to do this because PVP can actually confuse Other members sometimes and it's pretty decently important thing to understand.Everyone learns at different paces for the most part. I've noticed Myself for example was originally confused as hell on PVP,Alongside People I got onto the site as well Were perplexed and I'm pretty sure this hey could be a thing people look at to better understand How pvp battles work as an example outside of the battle guide really and really to help New people for example get the concept of it or those who get confused when it comes to doing it really.

This thread's only for Myself and Godie(Puck) Cause we're going over mostly a few basics and everything in this thread.Nothing too advanced. Using this place Because it's a pretty even territory.

Entrance Post

"Nozomi had once again Slipped on the Virtual Reality Helmet as he would be overtaken by the massive Streams of data flowing into his helmet and dragging his consciousness into the virtual world once more. He didn't really use this often at all. As he would Manifest from various pixels converging into reforming His body on the Grassy plains area. His eyes would concentrate on the area around him carefully and take all of it in before taking a ready stance. Signalling to whoever came that he was pretty much prepared for a fight at this moment in time.

[Stats,Relevant Strengths/Weaknesses to whatever's going on,Etc. Will be posted upon this beginning]
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Introduction: Sup. You know me as Godie, so I'll be helping out with this tutorial.

Avalon Field

Virtual reality was pretty nice, Joshua had to admit. It's almost like he was in the real world, but wasn't. It was green around here. Plains and plateaus were present in this field called Avalon. He was skeptical at first as there was no way technology could've been this advanced. Though it seems that he was wrong. Nevertheless, it looked like he would have to look around and see who's his first fight for the day.

But finally, the teen would see a very familiar figure. A someone who smashed his bike through his own window.

"Oh, you're here too, Nozomi?" Joshua would ask as he hung his spear against his shoulder lazily, "Didn't know you were into vidya and shit. So, sup?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:46 pm

So. For this Post. I will Post my Attack and Everything, As in like. What I'm going to do. Now whenever your in a PVP fight.It's Important you understand It's not only your skills that play into this. Your Strengths and weaknesses come into play here. Things like Boosts Or Dex based ones Benefit you in obvious combat but other strengths can really Back you up if you Pair them up right.

An Example.

Relevant Strengths:

See. These two Strengths are clear examples. My Speed strength allows me to Move Noticeably faster than the Opponent by a fair Bit. Unless they have Higher luck that me by a good amount. Think like. (30+ maybe),If their around 20+.The strength would Even me out with them. As for my Perceptive strength. This strength allows me To Look carefully at what Joshua(Godie/Puck) May do when he's attacking,And also can be used outside of combat. As an example of how a strength should look.Never create strengths that you can't really apply anywhere and do not make sense for the character.

When it comes to Attacks For things like Elemental attacks for example. You have a certain range you can work with Based on the Tier of the attack. Meters are used often here for distance. A T1 would probably Go up to like 3 Meters. A T2 like 5-6. And a T3 you can expect to be probably 9-10,Or 11 Depending on the Move itself and how you describe it. Describing your attack is important. Any form of boosts Or Amps you have for certain attack types effect how the attack goes up.Because the more of a % Boost you have To something. The More Tiered up it Becomes and as a result. Every 50% added to an attack Equals another tier added onto it.Causing the attack to become bigger off of this. Elemental attacks can only clash with elemental attacks. While physical attacks can only clash with physical attacks. If you try to use one on the other,they will just pass through each other. Sometimes you can use this to your advantage.

Remember also. When it comes to Single target attacked and Multi target/AOE attacks. AOE naturally clashes at higher strength than single target due to How it's Multiple of the attack coming at the target. While single target can get pretty limited in how you use it in PVP.(But is not useless).

Turn Post

Stats:

Actions:

The Kichida would Noticed Joshua entering the Simulation right now. it was strange that he was here in the first place as well you know?He didn't take Joshua as someone who would really have much of an interest in this type of stuff for the most part. Heya Joshua.I was wondering if you didn't mind us fighting for a second?You know. I mean once you enter.We're kind of locked in a fight anyway...So.The Kichida would say as he would take a ready stance. Giving a few seconds for his opponent to get ready really before Cracking open the Tarot card that would manifest in front of him. As his persona would burst forth in an explosion of blue into the air. Before firing down a explosion of electricity down upon Joshua. The Electricity would Form a Solid Cracklling Wall of about 6 Meters in Terms of Width and Length that seeked to converge and crackle upon Joshua.

Last edited by BreakFree! on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:50 pm

"Eh, sure. Why the hell not? Might as well kill the time anyway."

As Nozomi took his stance, so did Joshua as he readied his spear. He waited for his opponent to start the battle. And so he did, with bolts of lightning coming towards him. It was a large range, but Joshua had already came up with a counterattack.

His Persona summoned a vicious blanket of snow at Nozomi's attack. It surpassed the lightning in power as it broke through and was at least a meter bigger in width and length. It was a flat wall of white that threatened Nozomi, unless he was going to react somehow. But he would watch to see what Nozomi is doing.

Human Strength:

Action:

Stats:

OOC: I am able to clash against Nozomi's Mazionga because Mabufula is the same tier, but at the same time break through his attack because of Ice Boost.

Notice how I mentioned the Mabufula is larger than the Mazionga, this is only because of the boost. But remember that it wouldn't really make your range/size of attack that much bigger. Unless you have been stacking other boosts as well or are using Enhancing Skills such as Tarukaja, Matarukaja, and Heat Riser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Nozomi's attack would fail. Being overwhelmed by the sudden stronger burst of ice from Joshua's persona. As he would notice the attack coming and sprint a bit. As in tandem the persona would launch down a burst of heat and Force behind him in order to propel him forward. His combined dash and the personas burst of heat would launch him barely over seven meters...However it would be enough to avoid the incoming blanket of frost. He would summon his soulbound in tandem and aim it directly towards Joshua. Nozomi with his current speed and added Propeled force would be coming at Joshua at a noticable speed. Should he not do something about this... Then Nozomi would collide and potentially land a soulbound strike on him as well.

Relevant Strengths:

Actions:

Skills used:

Stats:

OOC:In PVP oriented battles. You do not always have to use an attack as a direct attack. A person is capable of using an attack to move themselves around or push themselves provided they aren't hitting themselves. An example of what not to do is say a person uses Double fangs to literally pierce themselves to move their character....Then they are going to take damage. However in this situation. Heat wave doesn't damage me due to me using it for movement carefully. Because Heat Wave is a Tier 2 and because of my perceptive and Speed strengths. I was capable of moving a little as well before the heat wave launched me. However it was not capable of sending me much further.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Joshua had already expected Nozomi would have some sort of countermeasure against his stronger attack. While his storm of ice was able to overwhelm the lightning, his opponent was able to jump over instead and hurtle himself at him with a melee attack of his own. While it was fast, the Persona User could still react against this and he knew where Nozomi was going.

However, it was Bedivere that would respond. With his sizable sword, the Persona stabbed the earth and icy growths erupted from the ground. Each blade of frost spanned out at a range of 5 meters in front of Joshua and even 3 meters in width and 4 meters in height. It was a wall of ice that kept growing even as Nozomi would hit against it. As it did, the ice would envelop behind Nozomi and would enclose around him. Thus, making a frosty cell of three meters in diameter and trapping him.

But because Nozomi was speeding towards him and was still in the air, it would be difficult to maneuver for him and likely fall into the icy jaws that Bedivere had conjured.

Action:

Stats:

OOC: While you can use your skills for movement, remember that it isn't wise to simply launch yourself at your opponent. They will make use of your vulnerability in the air to their advantage. It's hard to to move around when you're in the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Nozomi would have sent himself flying towards Joshua only to notice a trap springing out torwards him. Had it not been for his quick reflexes and everything. The Kichida may have been done for at that moment. As he would Vertically align his own Weapon in the middle of his flight. By now he had covered half of his intended distance and had he not been attentive. Would have already collided with the ice trap that was lurking for him. His Weapon would extend its lower half behind him,sticking into the ground and then bringing him back down from his own forward momentum as the weapon served to pull him back about 3 Meters. The ice was still growing however but thankfully he was not inside of it's range for the time being....As Nozomi would bite down upon his tarot card evoker and Rakshasa would appear once again in front of him. Firing once again a blast of heat. However the blast of heat would bang against the ground in front of Nozomi again in a wave.

This time however.... The wave would continue to progress forward from underneath scaling dirt and gravel. It would be a noticable red wave of about 4-5 Meters in Width and height that basically served as a forward attack upon Joshua. However it carried clouds of dust and dirt with it. Making it difficult to see behind the Wave. Should it hit... Joshua was in for a rude blow.

Actions:

Relevant Strengths/Weaknesses:

Stats:

Damage Calculation:

Human Skill:

OOC:(Bet everyone thought I was gonna get hit right)Sometimes you'll have to make moves that your opponent will expect you to do. In order to succeed in something they didn't expect at all. Always be creative with your own attacks,etc. Don't ever stick to anything linear so you can win (Or achieve whatever goal you have in mind). When it comes to the Human skills you possess. Like I just demonstrated. Create one that you'll find very useful in PVP/Non persona based situations Or hell even in PVS as well. it's up to you how you design it. It really helps to make them fit the character and things that they are good at.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:56 pm

Whether or not Nozomi was caught, Joshua couldn't tell. But, he would have to assume he wasn't. That guy wasn't the type to be easily beaten down. Though, the Persona User couldn't quite tell what his adversary had in mind. At least, until there would be a harmful wave attack made at him. Judging how it was made, Nozomi was right outside and behind it.

Joshua moved to the right as the wave was coming at him. It would still come at him, yes. But Bedivere had unleashed a horde of thick blades to erupt up in front of Joshua into a protective wall that angled forward. The height and width of the wall would match the offensive wave and take it, protecting Joshua.

But at the same time, as Bedivere summoned these blades. Materialized cluster of hilt-less swords would dig underneath the ground. Just as Nozomi's attack clashed against his blades, it was nullified. But the spears that shielded Joshua were also split into splinters without harming him.

There would still be a screen of dust covering between Joshua and Nozomi, especially their Personas. No doubt it would clear up very soon. But, the blades that Bedivere had summoned would shoot up at Nozomi right in front of him as it covered a distance of 5 meters between Joshua and Nozomi.

These blades that jutted out of the ground made a semblance of a large encompassing maw with a width and height of 10 meters. The sharp edges of these weapons would close off Nozomi's front, left, and right. But the blades coming from left and right would be growing to close the gap behind Nozomi.

Human Strength:

Action:

Stats:

OOC: You can also clash with Physical Skills. But only Physical Skills vs Physical Skills and Magical Skills vs Magical Skills. Or otherwise, Magical vs Physical, they'll just pass through each other when clashing.

It's also best to note that you should always make use of your environment when you can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Nozomi would certainly begin to think he was in the clear over here in this one. After all his opponents attack seemed to be merely defending him and nothing more.Then he would notice the blades immediatly beginning to curve downward into the ground. The Tier 3 Attack would begin to effect the ground on a rather dire scale. After all it was a attack of Intense power compared to the prior ones that Nozomi had utilized. As Rakshasa would execute a signature slam on the ground Below him in order to give him some leverage here. The crater would be about 2 meters deep and in width. However in quick succession Rakshasa would also launch a small Plume of force forward and then would utterly Vanish. The Plume would launch another Severe dust cloud up above the Crater that Nozomi had just formed.Which would serve to basically cover up what had gone down.

Due to such a large attack coming at Nozomi from Joshuas Point of View and how the coverup had been executed with equal speed...Nozomi wouldn't be easy to notice right now.

Skills used:

Actions Explained:

Stats:

Relevant Strengths/Weaknesses:

OOC:When it comes to battles such as this. You don't have to always clash with the opponent. Sometimes its best to just get out of the way of whatever their shooting at you!Don't always think a battle is always about who out-clashes who. Thinking is very key in PVP Fights. Just as Physical skills can be used for movement for example. I used my Kill Rush here to alter the environment to my advantage and give me some more ground to work with,instead of attempting to clash with Godie's deathbound.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Joshua really couldn't tell if Bedivere's attack hit or not. But, simply just waiting for a response wouldn't do. The cloud of dust was covering his vision, yes. Did he leave out of it? Joshua didn't think so really. Then why the dust cloud? Normally you'd use something like that to hide your intentions or even a distraction.

The teen glared at the dust cloud which seemed to persist at five meters in width. Severe, it was. But, judging from the wafting dust that moved about in the air, there didn't seem to be much movement or even interruption of the dust. Though Nozomi couldn't possibly be the type that sneaked around and was actually capable of high levels of clandestine activities. He didn't seem to be that type, but this fight could prove him wrong.

Even at the edge and outer periphery of the smoke, Nozomi didn't seem to be there or at least he would've seen his silhouette since it would likely to have less dust there since it's so spread out. For now, he would have to assume his opponent wasn't out of the cloud or maybe he tried to exit from behind. Yet, that shouldn't be possible since the earlier attack would've come to connect from behind as well as it attacked him from the sides. Then maybe...

"Bedivere."

The knight was already at work as he sunk his blade into the ground again. With the blades that had missed Nozomi earlier, they simply erupted from the rigid fang-like structure that was originally made to get him.

The blades continued to writhe and grow like a living being. From above, they sunk down below towards both Nozomi and his Persona inside the whole. The blades grew in number enough to overfill it as it took up a range of 6 meters. They would all aim to penetrate his enemy. As it would do so, it'd even push them a bit deeper into the ground at first and then above to fling them back into the open air above of twelve meters to the right of where the hole was.

Human Strength:

Action:

Stats:

OOC: Remember to make use of your Human Strengths, they help in cases like these. And to be very creative with your attacks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Ah great. So the blades were above Nozomi as he bit his tarot card evoker down and Rakshasa would spring forth now in order to embrace such a sudden assault. As the persona would release it's own Torrent of blades spurning out from the persona to clash forward with Joshua's own guy. Nozomi's attack clearly intended to break through Joshuas, Being it's own set of swords that began to take up quite a bit of space within the Hole. Spanning from the 2 meter Radius were several swords which rushed outwards above and would seek to break through the blades Joshua's persona had launched. The Blades themselves would remain Above the whole. Entirley trained and poised and not actually moving, simply stationary suspended in the air.

In tandem as the attack would be canceled out. Nozomi would aim his spear at a 45* Angle in order to launch the forward half to one of the ledges and immediately climb up onto even grounding with Joshua, His own persona having Moved alongside with him had it been left uninterrupted after the attack and now,standing next to him.

Stats:

Actions:

HS:

Skill Used:

Passives:

OOC:A important note to remember. Whenever you use an attack and the opponent does not take care of it whatsoever. You can exploit this and still manipulate whatever you threw out. Given if it is not broken through, the attack will usually remain within the area unless something effects it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)   PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie) Empty

Back to top Go down

PVP Tutorial Stuff(Godie)
Page 1 of 1