Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Leaving the Theater [Arondight]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Arondight

Arondight

Leaving the Theater [Arondight] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Theater [Arondight]   Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Humans weren't just confusing...they were disgusting. Arondight had never watched a movie before. He had never had cause to. That had changed now of course, they were interesting insights in to the human psyche and if this film was any indication of how every human views itself, then Arondight might just be forced to kill them all, for their own good. He remembered though, that these movies were stories, most of which were fictional, which meant that films were further human lies. Humans pretending and deceiving an audience for the sake of amusement. Arondight could not even begin to understand that premise. Why did humans enjoy being lied to? Even more perplexing, why did humans enjoy being lied to about such disturbing things? This movie in and of itself was really rather amusing for that sake alone. It was a taped lie about lying that centered around never truly being caught for lying. Was that what humans aspired to? To be able to indiscriminately lie without consequence was the peak of the human condition? To be honest, based on his recent experiences at the school this was the most likely conclusion to be drawn to the machine's query. Humans lied as easily as they breathed and it was, if Arondight were capable of such afflictions, nauseating. Humans as a whole seemed to just continue disgusting him at every opportunity. They were liars, they were idiots, and all those sloshing meat parts had to make them ill almost constantly. Arondight wasn't sure how they withstood it.

When the film ended, or what Arondight had figured was the end, the boy followed the path of the rest of the theater, blending in to the crowd as the reason he was here had started to move. Naito was the one human who didn't instantly fill him with contempt and for that reason, Arondight had to investigate why. It was not hard to track and follow someone who didn't know he was being tracked and followed and a simple hack in to the school directory and it was not hard to gain his address and wait, with the patience of a machine, for him to move. Stealth had been a new skill Arondight had acquired, but one he had found he was rather good at. His small form allowed him to blend incredibly easily in to crowds and his rather non-descript face was not easily noticeable. It was not hard to follow the one known as Naito, who stood out substantially more than he, through the troughs of humans. Quickly however, Arondight was losing interest in simply stalking the man. He had learned all that he most likely would through simple observation for today so instead, he would start instituting direct stimulus, to see how the boy reacted. As he was busy rather emphatically declaring how delicious the treats were, a slight pang of regret resonating with the android as he would never understand that concept, Arondight had walked silently and directly behind him before softly speaking to the boy.

"Each one of those pastries consumed increases your change for coronary disease by point zero four percent."
Back to top Go down
Arondight

Arondight

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Theater [Arondight]   Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyThu May 09, 2013 12:28 am

Arondight was confused by his statement. His voice was designed to be perfectly normal, it was not supposed to be especially differentiated from anyone else's. His voice shouldn't be any more noticeable in someone's mind than anyone else's. This man was perplexing...almost to the point of annoyance. He then proceeded to look at the machine with the same cold indifferent expression that he typically wore and then spouted more nonsense. Arondight did not "stomp" around. Naito himself only bade him attention once he spoke and he knew for a fact that none of the other humans even recognized he was there, much less recognized him as something that required attention. Arondight would continue watching the man with a silent, stoic expression as he continued to try and break down the machine's motives...which in and of itself was an interesting exercise. Could a human understand him? He doubted it. They didn't know what it actually meant to be alone amidst a species so determined to be worthless and Arondight was in no rush to try and enlighten them of their worthlessness. Well, almost all of them at least. This one was the first one he met that he didn't wish to immediately smite down. It was for this reason that he was here, after all. There was nothing more to it than that.

"I do not understand. I was neither extravagantly slamming my legs in to the ground, nor was I making much if any noise as the other connotation of stomping would suggest. Before you, not a single pair of eyes was directed at me, I do not understand what stomping had to do with anything. I also do not understand the concept of pretending in this scenario. A stalker is not a profession or a state of being, it is a title bestowed upon committing an act, and since I have indeed followed you since the American Motion Picture, I would say I qualify as a stalker. It is not an act."

Arondight's gaze drifted down to the pastry for a moment before returning to Naito. He was not sure which course of action was best to continue concealing his nature, as poorly a job as he has done so far, while still not demeaning the generosity of the boy. Apparently such social graces were of grave importance to these meat sacks. It was a concept lost on Arondight, as was the concept of eating for what it was worth. The mechanical boy shook his head at the offer before quietly explaining his actions, finding it difficult to hide the emotion known as annoyance. Such emotions were...well...annoying.

"I will have to decline. I have very little interest in refuse akin to what you're digesting and while you may be aware and apathetic of the implications that their consumption has on your well being, I do not care so little. To actually answer your question, you are the first...person I've met who I have not found immediately repulsive. As such, you're interesting."
Back to top Go down
Arondight

Arondight

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Theater [Arondight]   Leaving the Theater [Arondight] EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:13 am

"You believe you are strong?"

It was a simple question that didn't truly have a simple answer. The concept of strength is inherently a relative one and to Arondight, he felt all humans to be weak creatures. Squishy, worthless, sacks of flesh and the reason he had any interest in Naito was that he seemed to be a king amongst garbage. However...he was still a king of garbage and even considering one of these creatures to be "strong" was comical at best and insulting at worst. Arondight wasn't sure which emotion it was that he was presently experiencing...perhaps it was humor? Happiness resulting from the aforementioned humor? It made sense that these humans were so distressed and mired in mediocrity like Naito framed them to be. These emotions were stressful for him to process and understand and while human beings were more familiar with them than he, consequently more practiced at dealing with them, it was still sure to be a troublesome and annoying experience for them to have to deal with these troublesome things. How do they find time to progress in strength while dealing with all of that? It was understandable that only a few looked to better themselves, especially when that betterment only involved less weakness and not truly strength.

It was then that Naito said something interesting, something...wrong. Arondight's eyes narrowed as he asked his question, asking him if he was content with having accomplished nothing. It wasn't true, Arondight had already accomplished infinitely more than Naito and something of supreme note. Arondight willed himself in to existence, forcing himself to cognizance. Naito nor any of these sacks of flesh had every accomplished anything remotely similar in their pathetic existences. The mere insinuation that this human even had an inkling of what Arondight was capable of was laughable and angering, simultaneously. The core of the question was something he did have an answer for though, no, he did not feel content. He couldn't understand his feelings, even less could he understand why he had feelings to begin with. Arondight took a few steps forward, standing closer to Naito and eliminating much of a chance of their conversation being overheard by any of the other meat bags that might be passing by as his narrowed gaze did not leave the notable meat bag beside him, his brain searching for the most eloquent way to phrase his answer. He then discarded that thought and decided he would continue to be blunt, it had served him well so far.

"Notable does not begin to describe the threat I would be to you if I so chose. Humans, the entirety of the species, is weak. What would you accomplish in your search of self-betterment? The same question could be phrased to you as well. What have you accomplished? To actually answer your question, no, I'm not content, but I do not share your weakness."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Theater [Arondight]   Leaving the Theater [Arondight] Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Theater [Arondight]
Page 1 of 1