Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Train to Nowhere (Safi)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

The Train to Nowhere (Safi) Empty
PostSubject: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Sharaku,

If you have the time, let’s take a train ride and catch up a bit. I’ll be waiting at the station at 11:30 pm tomorrow on Platform 13. the train leaves at midnight, so come if you like.

~ Oki

Oki had sent the strange and short text to Sharaku the day before early in the afternoon before it had taken some time to get things set up around its apartment before it left. When everything was done that needed to be done, Oki would send a text to Hyde to let him know it would be gone for a bit with a friend, so he wouldn’t worry about its absence. After that was taken care of, the being would rest for the day and chill most of the next day until it was time to leave.

At 11:00 pm it grabbed its hat, wallet, phone, and keys. At 11:15 it was on its way to the station and at 11:30 pm the being waited between Platforms 12 and 14 for the only train that ever came to the unlabeled Platform 13: The Train to Nowhere. A train that really just looped about the islands before returning to this platform; however, locals always thought it cursed or haunted because whoever ended up on the train seemingly never came back. While some cases had true horror stories behind them, the majority of them were people simply getting off at a stop they like and not going back home. The information and proof was there, but the truth made the platform and the train less appealing, so the ghost stories remained.

Haunted or not, Oki didn’t care. It was going to get on the train and ride it until either it found a spot to get off at or it came back home. It needed the ride and change of scenery to help it air out the pounding headaches that had been bothering it for the last few days. Maybe Oki had simply been wandering around too much with little rest or maybe it was paranoid due to the star in the sky and unrest on the streets. Whatever the cause was, the being knew it needed to do something to get away from it all and so it had decided on this trip, but instead of going on it alone it had invited the one person that calmed it well enough with his presence alone: Sharaku.

Sharaku, the strange ally/friend that Oki had, but one that the being trusted with its life. It could not explain what it was about the other that calmed it and made it feel more anchored to the earth, but there was a connection between them that no one else met could replicate. Sure, Hyde was the love connection and DJ the family connection, but Sharaku? Sharaku was something strange, unexplainable, and yet needed in the being’s roller coaster like life and so it had invited him not sure if he would come or not.

Oki shifted in its spot as it looked around the mostly quiet station. There were people hanging out on other platforms waiting for the night trains, but only two others were on the platform Oki was on. It was going to be a quiet ride when the train arrived. Good.

Green eyes would shift to the wall clock to read the time. There was exactly 25 minutes on the clock until the train would arrive and Oki would board it regardless if Sharaku was there or not. Oki closed its eyes as it turned to face forward looking out on the dark tunnels ahead….
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:44 pm

That was actually rather....strange. Sharaku saw no real problem in meeting with Oki for whatever reason. No. But the location and time confused him somewhat. A train? Aren't those usually crowded with people that are travelling? That, and where would they even be going? Just riding around with no purpose? Also, midnight. That was a weird time to pick. Then again, perhaps the trains were more empty at that time of night, but still. It was unusual, no matter how one looked at it. Normally, one does not ask to meet up at weird places. Even though, Oki was a bit weird by base, perhaps. Maybe that was why. Eh. Luckily he usually did not go sleep that early, so it did not pose a big deal for him to go. That, and he was at least decently interested as to what did Oki want to talk about in a setting like that one.

Thankfully, not that many people were waiting around considering the time, so he at least didn't have to waste more time locating Oki. ''Hi.'', he would approach the other calmly. ''If you don't mind me asking...why did you pick such a meeting place and time? I find it rather strange.'' Really. No one ever asked to meet him at midnight, on a train to...not even a specified location. At least he didn't read or watch horror stories, so he wouldn't be bothered by the fact that it almost seemed ominous.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Green eyes were closed as Oki waited; however, as soon as it heard the approach of another in the silence those strange eyes would open and slide over to the one who had spoken to it.

“Ah. It be Shaku. I am glad you could make it,” Oki said giving the other a small smile of relief that would only turn to one of light amusement when it heard the question.

“Perhaps it is strange and perhaps it is not; however, to answer your question simply: I did it because this was the quietest time and the less used trains by travelers. It was a matter of privacy that dictated this choice,” the being said as its eyes drifted back to the tracks as it heard the distance sound of a train approaching. The first to arrive zoomed pass Platform 13 and stopped a few stops down to unload and reload. Once the train had done this and the station was silent once more, Oki would speak again.

“I hope I am not inconveniencing, Shaku. I won’t lie. This may be a long ride if you decide to stay and chat a bit,” Oki would say its voice calm in comparison to its usual happy greetings, but why this was would remain a mystery for now.

[Train will arrive on my next post]
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:17 pm

That didn't really answer much. Sharaku figured as much on his own. A train would obviously be less crowded at such a time. There was no denying that. But why even a train in the first place? Oki didn't answer that, so he was back to square one, pretty much.

He would huff faintly. ''You answered so simply, that you didn't even really answer my question at all. I already figured that it's an obvious thing. Not many people use a train at midnight, which means less crowds. That's just plain logic. Still, what I mean is...why even choose a train for a meet up to begin with? I find that rather unconventional. Trains are generally for travelling, not for small talk.'' The time was one thing, yes, but he cared less about that. Every person liked a different part of the day. Yet, using a train for a talk was just...far from common? Who did that? Frankly, something like that wouldn't even come to his mind if he was the one planning a meet up with someone. He was capable of thinking outside the box, but this wasn't even in the same universe as the given box. It made little sense to him. And he still had no idea where this ride was even meant to go. ''Other than that...don't people usually sleep at night...?'' Not that he minded it terribly, as he was capable of pulling an allnighter when really needed, but it wasn't something one usually did. It was much easier to just meet during the day and spare the trouble of staying up at night.

He would shrug slightly. ''Not particularly. As much as I find the whole setting a bit over the top. But I don't really mind. Speaking of which, what do you want to talk about?'' It wasn't as much inconvenient..as simply strange. But he could live it. He's done more insane things in the past. Although this just seemed like a ball of random, rather than insanity.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:01 pm

According to sound and words, Sharaku was displeased with the answer given. Apparently, Oki did not get at what he wanted. Was it because the being was toying with him that this happened? No. It was a matter of translation and asking Oki the right question to get the answer you wanted. When he elaborated, Oki would nod lightly in understanding.

“Most trains are for traveling, but this train can be for a ride or destination. It all depends on the occupants. I for one may stay on the train until it comes back here. I haven’t decided yet; however, I knew I needed to be moving, so thus the train. I invited you because of the people I could’ve chosen you are the most calming of the bunch. I am pleased you decided to humor me rather than leave me hanging,” Oki said as it gave the other a small smile as its eyes looked back at him.

“Some sleep at night, but I do not always do so and tonight I knew I would get no sleep, so I came here instead. If Shaku gets tired we do not mind if he sleeps on the ride,” Oki said its tones as calm as every.

“This be good then,” Oki would say and then tilting its head it would let out a soft snort of amusement. “Various things you should already have guessed, but outside of that. I simply wanted to see if I could get your company for a bit, even if the choice of time and location is...odd,” Oki said and then would fall silent as another train began to approach the station. Unlike the first one that was pretty loud, the sleek black one that approached now was quiet. When it pulled up to the platform it let out a small groan as its settled on the track and open its doors.

The few that wanted to board this train, began to move including Oki.
As it moved it would gesture for Shaku to follow and if he did, it would lead him to an empty car on the train and settle into one of the seats designed for long rides and specially built with comfort in mind. Yes. It was definitely not an ordinary train. Once settled into its seat, it would wait for Sharaku to settle if he wanted to and then waited for the train to begin moving before speaking again. This time the calmness was replaced by a more relaxed tone of voice as it glanced at the darkness beyond the window.

“To be honest with you, Oki has simply missed Shaku and wanted to spend time with him; however, Oki would be lying if we said this did not have anything to do with the current situation. There has been quite a bit of chaos going about. Rallies, strange stars,” Oki’s eyes would drift from the window to Shaku as its eyes glowed slightly as the lights flickered in the car. “Perhaps even rearrangements of stars here and there,” the lights came back on. “These are only some of the things we wish to discuss,” Oki said as it stretched a bit on its seat. If Sharaku was sitting next to it, it would simply lean against the window to look at him better and if not it would easily swing its feet up to the seat and stretch out like a cat, clearly buckling down for a long ride.
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:45 pm

....he still wasn't getting it. There's no real destination when you just ride around on a random train. And by coming back where you started, you don't really get anywhere either. Besides, how was that moving? The train was the thing moving, not you. You'd just sit there, and if the train is high quality, you most likely won't even truly register the movement. That in mind, you could just sit at a bench in a park instead. If he wanted to move, he would go for a walk or run, even. Not go sit in a vehicle.

He would just frown in slight confusion. ''I'm not...following. How is this moving? If I wanted to move, I'd go for a walk. The train is moving, yes...but all you do is sit there. I can do that on a bench too. I don't think I see the point.'' Other than that, he found the whole destination idea pointless. Sooner or later, you would go back home to sleep or so. Therefore, it was sort of moot to randomly go somewhere, for no specific reason. Maybe he just didn't have the mindset to comprehend this. But from a casual standpoint, he would most likely see it as a waste of time. Unless you actually take enjoyement in riding around on a train just because. Either way, he was moderately interested in the supposed talk and all, so he would indeed humor Oki for now. As much as he found it unnecessary, it wasn't going to kill him either. Hopefully.

He would shake his head with a thin smile. ''I'm used to running on less sleep lately, so it doesn't bother me as much. That, and I can't really fall asleep around people I'm not comfortable enough with.'' He was generally fine with Oki, but that was when awake. There weren't many people he would actually sleep in the presence of. Two, this was a train. A public place. Despite the uncanny time of the day, some other passengers were bound to be there. Which made it a complete no. Unless someone knocked him out.

''Hm?''
No, not really. He didn't guess anything. As a matter of fact he wasn't trying to. Not before he was given a reason to. ''I didn't take the time to guess anything.'' Nor did he particularly care. As long as Oki didn't want to get into a scruffle with him over something. Then he would actually take serious interest in what was going on. But right now he was just following on leisure. That in mind, he would just go after Oki, not sure whether he should be amused or not. He never really favored trains a lot. Although they were still better than a bus. He would stand there for a moment once they got on. But he would eventually sit down, as much as he considered just standing. It would be more of a trouble that way.

He would him lightly, looking upwards at the ceiling of the vehicle. ''Yes, chaos is indeed going on. Can't deny that.'' Oki wasn't wrong about that. Then again, it had been the same before, just to a different degree. At least, this time no island was exploding due to a corruption. For now. And who knows how long would that last. He would blink a few times, golden eyes still fixed on the ceiling. ''Rearrangement of stars? What do you mean?'', he would ask, his tone mildly curious, but he wasn't looking at the other next to him yet. He sure seemed to be taking this at a rather calm and slow pace. Maybe a bit too calm compared to the usual him, but that was up to individual perception.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 7:58 pm

It seemed that Sharaku did not follow the same line of logic as Oki did. To Oki movement was going to one place to another, even if said end point was indeed the same spot you started at.

“Movement is simply the act of moving from one point to another whether it be by foot or luxury vehicle. Sitting on a bench while nice would not be classified as movement. And walking does not leave the doors open to find something truly different if one wanted to. Like we said before, we have not decided if we will stay until the train comes back here or not. Regardless, we will be moving away from here for a bit and thus moving even if it is unfelt,” Oki said and then shrugging it would add. “Besides riding soothes my nerves the best. Walking or any other such activity would make me more antsy than before and quite frankly neither of us would enjoy that.”

The being would finish its statement before falling silent to listen to whatever the other may or may not say. In any case, when that subject passed onto the one of sleep, Oki would chuckle lightly at Sharaku’s words.

“Oho? Does that mean you do not trust us after so long Shaku?” Oki would tease lightly, but in a way it understood where Sharaku was coming from. Unless it was absolutely in a safe place it didn’t sleep too easily unless extremely tired. Still…

“Shaku's sleep patterns do not improve we see. I hope this does not harm Shaku in the end. We have some teas that can help with sleeping problems if you like or perhaps herbs for coffee,” Oki said its playfulness become one of concern for a friend for a moment as it turned slightly to look at Sharaku fully.

He seemed to be okay, but the being had to wonder….was he really okay? It hated to think that Sharaku would hide something bad from it, but on the other hand, it would not over step its boundaries with this subject and would let the other tell it what he wanted to tell as he felt like it. It had no need to push the matter futher.

“Heh. I suppose Oki’s mind is more chaotic then. I envy Shaku’s calm state of mind,” the being said and then boarded the train when it arrived. Sharaku thankfully followed and surprisingly even sat down next to Oki on the train after seemingly debating about the action. Perhaps he did trust Oki in his own odd way. Anyway, as they settled and the conversation started off at a leisurely pace, Oki would speak its mind to a degree not bothering to hurry things along due to the fact it was very mellow at night and honestly with a ride like this they had to time to chat.

It took note that Sharaku made a little comment on the chaos thing, but seemed to be more interested in the rearrangement of stars comments. To this, Oki would lean forward slightly and after a small moment of hesitation it would poke the strange tattoo on Sharaku’s arm. It could feel power from it, but it didn’t seem to lash out it so that was good.

“Hmmm…” the being would let out the light hum as it leaned back once more, as a hand went to its chest pocket pulling out three strange chess pieces. One was a red angel the other two a pink and golden knight. The golden knight and pink knight currently glowed the brightest upon the train.

“Rearrangement of the stars…” Oki repeated as it turned the pieces upside down and read the small letters there. “That is what it says, so,” Oki would look up from the pieces. “If this is Israfel and this represents I a servant of another angel,” Oki put the red angel and the pink knight in one hand and then held up the golden piece for Shaku to see clearly. “Then this must be you, servant of a different angel, no?” Oki said as it watched the other carefully. It asked the question simply because the piece did represent another angel servant, but who it was Oki did not know and only made a wild guest due to the fact it glowed so brightly now, but if its assumption was right...then what did that mean and why did Shaku change his mind. Wasn't he against siding with the angels?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Sharaku would just shrug vaguely. ''Maybe I just see the idea as pointless. I don't see much of a purpose in that kind of movement. Considering how there isn't even a specific destination in mind. If I have no real goal, nor am I actually moving by myself, I might as well not do it at all. Unlike you, I just tend to get restless if I have to sit for too long. Or do little for a longer period of time. That is why I prefer walking and physically moving to a passive ride. Because it means I'm doing something active, and engaging myself, instead of just letting a vehicle carry me around. That is equivalent to sitting around for me. Although, I suppose I can go with it once in a while.'' It wasn't that he couldn't stand it. In case there was some entertainment in form of an interesting conversation or such, he could be decently fine with it. He just didn't have a high preference for things that involved a lot of passiveness without said 'doing nothing' being the purpose for some reason. It just needed to be meaningful in some way that mattered to him. Otherwise cue in spacing out.

He would roll his eyes in mild amusement. ''Sleep is something I don't trust more than a few people with.'' It was as simple as that. Trust came moreso in levels for him. He could trust someone with one thing, but not with a different one. It all depended on the person and the kind of relationship he had with them. He knew his limits, and while he was willing to go out of his way more than he used to in the past, he still exercised some caution when he could. He didn't have any actual reason to sleep next to Oki to begin with, so it wasn't something he would aim towards just because. They weren't strangers, but there was little chance that he would ever spend nights next to Oki more periodically. Therefore, it was a matter he need not focus on right now. He would smile thinly. ''I am fine. I just have nightmares occassionally. Nothing I cannot balance out.'' That, and it was getting better lately anyway. In a way, they were his own fault and he kind of knew how to deal with it by now.

He would snort. ''Not really true. My mind is far from calm in reality. I'm just working on balancing it, therefore the outside output is not that bad unless I get provoked.'' Truth to be told, his mind was a chaos of its own. When he played it wrong. But after some recent events, he was trying to manage himself a bit differently. It was working in its own way.

In any case, he kept sitting in his seat fairly calmly, until Oki decided to poke at his arm. At which, he would shift himself a bit. ''Hm..?'' What? Ah, right. He almost kept forgetting that this new 'tattoo' of his probably sparked interest in people that knew him before he got it. Which made sense. He would look at Oki, watching with a moderate mix of confusion and curiosity as the other pulled out some chess pieces. It made no sense, but he would wait. Questioning things right away rarely helped him afterall. And he figured Oki would get to explaining soon enough.

He would just smirk airily as Oki spoke further. ''I like the color.'' Golden did have its charm. Even though it was not his favorite color. ''But yes, perhaps so.'', he would answer the actual question casually. It's not like he could say no. While in actuality, it was not a straightworward yes either. Although, if the matter was simply the basic Angel alignment, then yes, he was under one. He did not consider himself a servant, however. He still aimed to do things his own way, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Oki’s eyes narrowed with the small smile it gave Sharaku.

“Ah. I see,” Oki would say with a nod of understanding. “I can see your point; however, just keeping me company is the excuse or purpose you can use as to why you got on this odd ride to begin with, no?”

The being’s small smile turned into a playful smirk for a bit before becoming semi-serious once more as green eyes glittered with joy. “Regardless, I appreciate the fact you came when I called, despite oddness. That makes us very happy.”

Indeed, the action while seemingly small had a huge impact on Oki. The being rarely called on anyone on fear of being a bother or the person they called not showing up, but somewhere along the line it had gained enough courage to try to call out one time. If the results had been negative, perhaps Oki’s mood and attitude would’ve been different than the laid back and at peace one it displayed now.

In any case, the being would shake its head lightly at Sharaku’s rolling of the eyes, a light smile remaining on its lips as it did so.

“Hehe. Finally a small space we are the same at,” Oki chuckled lightly and then tilting its head at the other the smiles would fade a bit as it nodded. “Ah, the dream world. We see. We see. Well, we have cures to chase those away too; however, I’ll let you decide when and if you want to use that sort of “magic”,” Oki said giving the other a light wink. It was a sign Oki had Shaku’s back if he ever needed its help, but also a sign that Oki accepted that Shaku did things his ways. It wouldn’t force or try to sell anything to the guy. No. Only if he asked or wanted to do something would Oki consider complying with or acting upon the request. Always Oki would leave Sharaku at least with choice as his ally.

“Oho. Perhaps Sharaku can teach Oki some techinques to at least appear calmer. Unlike you we have much work to do with getting things back in order upstairs,” Oki said as it scratched its head lightly with a small frown. Yes its mind was all over the place. It always had been, but now with the recent events it had gone even further out of control, cracking it. It was a miracle it could remain more or less sane now. Heh. Maybe it had just been lucky for such few slip ups, but would it remain lucky?

In any case, things would remain more or less on the calm side until Oki took notice of the tattoo and poked it. Outside of moving a bit to perhaps get away from the touch, Sharaku did not strike Oki which was a relief on its own. Still it couldn’t help, but be a bit curious about the new mark. Even if it had nothing to do with the angels, the being would still have poked it. It was just curious like that.

To Shaku’s words regarding the tattoo, Oki gave the other a lopsided smirk that revealed one sharp tooth to the left as it let out a “Hmph!" of amusement.

“I can see the color matching your pretty eyes, but I wonder how Sharaku would do with pink or another bright color as a highlight,” the being said teasing him mostly before becoming serious once more as Sharaku answered the question. Oki would eye the chest piece again for a moment.

“Hrmmm….Then can I assume there be another this would react too if it not be Sharaku, yes?” Oki asked and then lowering the piece, it would glance up at Sharaku unafraid of the other.

“Who is the angel and how many others have its blessing?” Oki asked not really sure if Sharaku would answer or not. In any case, for the moment it would not explain the chess pieces it had…maybe it simply forgot to with something else before it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:24 pm

He could. But an excuse didn't really solve anything. Regardless, he didn't mind as much. It wasn't like one outing like this would end up killing him. ''Maybe, maybe not. But I'll be fine.'' He'd find something of interest once in there, perhaps. ''I don't leave people hanging unless they give me a valid reason to.'' He wouldn't refuse just because the place was odd, no. That would be rather shallow. It depended on the person in the end. The only reason why he would flat out say no would be if they didn't really deserve his attention.

He would snort lightly. Magic to deal with nightmares? As nice as it sounded, he didn't want to live in a complete fairytale yet. That, and he could handle it himself with time. He wouldn't resort to some special cures and whatnot unless it became unbearable. It's more solid when you solve it yourself without added help from medicine or whatever it was that Oki was offering. Maybe herbs? He could see stuff like that. Unless it was actual magic, which he doubted. ''It's not genuine if you resort to using magic to solve your problems, is it? I think I can handle it myself. Although, I'll keep it in mind in case it somehow got too bad.'' But he didn't think it would. It was more so better than it used to be not so long ago. Therefore, he wasn't really worried.

He would smile at Oki lightly. If only it was so easy, eh? It wasn't really about special techinques much. ''I cannot. That is something you'll have to find out how to do yourself. We are different people. Look at yourself more closely, and maybe you'll figure a way one day.'' That was as much as he could say. It was up to Oki to find a way to change things that pertained to itself. One can't depend on others for something like that. Perhaps support, yes, but the resolution has to be done by the one wanting a solution.

He would tilt his head, waiting for what was going to happen as a follow up to the sudden poking. Aside from obvious curiosity. That tattoo did look a little out of place on him, he knew that. Even though it did match with his eyes in a way. He would huff, shifting in his seat again. Pink. Right. ''Don't worry, I know pink well. My Shadow used to be a bright violet-pink color during battle in the past. I'd say I had my share. I do prefer other colors, however.'' Pink was fairly low on his list of colors from top to bottom. But it wasn't the worst either.

He would furrow his brows. ''Another...?'' He wasn't sure of the context. Assuming that for some reason, each piece represented a specific Angel thing...would it have to be someone with the same Angel as him or did that not matter? Because Oki only had three of those here, not more. But three pieces wouldn't be everyone with an Angel, no? He was sure at least a few more people were aligning themselves. It was bound to happen the further things went. ''Maybe, assuming I am getting the concept right.'' Eh.

He would lean against the back of the seat in a laidback manner. ''You know her. The reporter girl you told me of long ago. As for numbers, I did not even ask her. I know of one other, but there may be more. Or there may not. It does not matter to me in the long run. I have my own goals.'' He didn't follow Angel down to a T, therefore no guaratnee that anyone else aligned with her would actually be his ally. If he happened to meet them, and they agreed, a plus for him. Otherwise, he would let it flow. He could find allies on his own terms, not through same Angel bonds. That was not what determined everything.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 11:26 am

“Well it is good to know that we have not driven Sharaku away just yet,” the being said with a light chuckle, appreciating the fact that Sharaku at least proved reliable and one more likely to come when called. This simple knowledge only helped the respect the being already had for the man grow. It could trust him to be there more or less. Good. Very good.

“Perhaps and perhaps not. Magic is sometimes as genuine as trying on your own when the battles become too much to deal with by yourself,” Oki said and then looked up at Sharaku with a small. “Natural magic is always the best sort. It becomes futile if you go for the unnatural junk.” Oki would finish before nodding at the last words the other said on the subject of sleep. “Alright. Well then, I wish you well with your battle.”

Sleep was a strange beast, but nightmares and dreams were stranger. Still Oki understood the need to fight on alone. It did make one stronger in the end and acceptance was easier when the battle was won by one’s own hands. Perhaps that was what separated those that needed herbs and such from those that did not need them at all. Perhaps, but then again perhaps not. In any case, right now was not the time to let its mind worry about trivial things like that.

“Look at myself more closely, huh? ….I wonder if I have the courage to do such a thing and change….” Oki said as it ponder the option for a moment and then looking back at Sharaku it would return the smile. “Try. I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip! But…if I become weak can we call on Sharaku again?”

The last part was spoken in a sheepish way as Oki looked up at Sharaku shyly. Oki….Oki was not used to asking others for help, but…it knew in the end it could not always battle alone, so…it had asked its question wondering what the outcome would be for a moment before focusing on the tattoo. Sharaku seemed to be waiting for something to happen, but honestly Oki was just curious about the mark and it wouldn’t do anything to try and provoke whatever power was behind it. It just felt luckily it hadn’t done anything to it when it had touched it.

When the subject changed to colors, a huff and a shift was the first responses before Sharaku shared a bit about his weapon with the being.

“Oho? Is that so? Did it change to some other color then? And if so what did it change to? Also off topic, but…what colors do Shaku likes best? Oki likes aquamarine, red, purple, and black,” Oki said, tilting its head at the other curiously enjoying the chat….wherever it was going; however, the being would come back to business as Sharaku questioned its words.

“Mhmmm…Another,” Oki said with a nod as it looked at the golden piece. “I know for a fact that the angel piece is specific to the angel it mimics, but these warrior pieces are odd. One glows because of me and yet it is quite bright, but this one seems to be missing some color see?” Oki would tilt the piece a bit revealing that the golden warrior had some of the original grey material it was made out of untouched by the glow. “Thus my assumption there was one more of you,” Oki said as it frowned at the piece. It was a confusing thing these pieces, but with the original owner hidden many mysteries were left regarding the pieces, but the facts did remain, the pieces reacted to the angels and the warriors under them. Why? That was a mystery for another day. “Cannot be too sure though. This gold one popped up the day before I was to meet with you….Curious and confusing pieces that may be trivial or maybe not….”

Oki would trail off ponder this for a bit before it shifted lightly and relaxed in its seat around the same time Sharaku laid back next to it and answered its question.

“Huh. Well now. That explains many odd things surrounding her and her odd powers,” Oki began with raised eyebrows and a light chuckle as it heard the news not exactly super surprised by such a reveal. As it listened to the rest of what Sharaku said, the being would smirk lightly.

“Is that so,” the being said as it pondered what Sharaku said. Maybe it was a bit more aligned with its angel than Sharaku was, but still….if Sharaku had a lose alliance then...

“What sort of goals does Sharaku have?” it asked wondering if Sharaku trusted it enough to give it a bit of insight on what he planned to do.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Sharaku would just smile thinly. ''As long as you do not make a point of blatantly disrespecting or offending me, I am not driven away so easily. Well, that, or if you simply ask me to leave.'' Afterall, he would not linger around if politely asked to go away. It would however, be a different matter if someone were to be rude. He would probably stay around just to spite them due to their behavior. For a while at least. He wouldn't be amused forever, as things tended to tip into the territory of annoyance rather quickly most of the time.

Hm. ''Magic is still a sort of last resort. Not that anything in my life is really normal, but I'd still rather deal with it on my own if I can.'' It was better to try that way first, rather than resorting to some magic. Natural or not. ''Thanks. Although I'm doing fairly well by now.'' Technically, the stressing situations did not help, but outside of that, he was doing better than before.

He would laugh a little. ''Good luck then. And I suppose so. However, I cannot guarantee I would be able to help you. I'm not omnipotent yet.'' As long as it wasn't a big deal, he could perhaps try. He wasn't against helping when the person asked nicely enough, and didn't want something completely impossible for him to do. He had some limits, but he was fairly flexible most of the time.

He would blink at Oki from his seat. A new level of curiosity? ''It's...silver now I think. I didn't exactly take the time to test things out properly yet.'' He hadn't seriously fought since the deal with Angel yet, so detail were still a bit blurry. Although, he could invoke his Shadow without attacking someone too, so he would be able to check the color, if nothing else. ''Purple, Black and White. Perhaps Gold.'', he would answer offhandedly. Funnily enough two of their colors matched. Not that the fact was very important right now. He would listen to Oki's ramblings silently before just giving a shrug. ''Well, I have no idea. Your figurines not mine.'' No way he would actually understand this. He wasn't even following as to where those things actually came from. He noted what he heard, but it made little real sense to him. He didn't know what those things were meant to be to begin with or anything at all.

''Yes. She is odd you could say. She isn't even the same as the other Angels.'', he would state simply, staring ahead in thought. ''It is.'', he would respond in a deadpan tone. Yes, it was so. He was just messing around, however.

He would hum shortly. His goals...well, it was a little complicated. ''I...simply do not like this whole Event. Rather than fight for an Angel's Wish, I would rather it is gone altogether. If humans are meant to be string enough to change, I believe we should be able to do so on our own terms, not relying on the Angels to rush us through. Besides, all this is bringing..is suffering and pain.'', he would shake his head. ''That aside, however, I am mostly interested in talking with as many Angels as I can right now. If we actually have to cooperate with them, I'd rather work with all together, than only one. I see it as a sort of puzzle. Each Angel being a piece, humanity being one themselves. Now, what is the best result? Holding onto one piece alone, or putting them together to have the whole picture? Each Angel represents something that humans are made of. But we are only who we are when we have all of that. Not only one specific part.'', he would state, with a sort of rhetorical question with a faint smirk before going quiet, letting Oki process this.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Oki’s eyes would narrow with delight as a small amused chuckle was released at Sahraku’s response.

“It is good then that Oki has no reason to do either then,” it would say in relaxed tones as its earlier panic and chaotic mind began to settle the more it was able to simply be around Sharaku. It still had some thoughts that plagued it constantly, but at least for now those thoughts had become a light hum rather than a screaming voice. When the subject came back to magic, Oki would speak again.

“Mmm. A last resort. Yes, that is what level such things should be on unless you break a bit too much like I had at one point, but I digress with that tale. It is good that the fight seems to be going down a path that is good for you. I hope it continues to go up hill for you," the being said lightly and then bowing its head it would let out a hum of thought.

“Luck. Mmm. I am taking all that luck and praying it works. I don’t think I will like what I find in the mirror,” Oki said as it frown a bit in thought at what would happen should it face itself. Would it become strong like Sharaku by doing this or would it find itself backing away and cowering in the face of such a beast? Did it really want to know the answer...?

Strange thoughts aside, Oki’s seriousness would melt as Sharaku answered its first question with pretty much a yes. As Oki heard the words, the being’s face would brighten with relief and joy. “Thank you for taking the time to humor us,” the being said giving the other a small smile of appreciation. Sharaku really was a kind soul underneath it all wasn’t he?

Appreciation would last for a moment before curiosity took over as other subjects came up. As Sharaku gave Oki a blink the being would blink back at him and tilt its head. Had it said something wrong? It didn’t think it had, so maybe the question was a bit of a shocker to the man? Maybe, but then again maybe not. Perhaps it didn’t matter in the end. Anyway…

“Silver is a pretty color, but it would be nice to see what it really looks like one day. If you need somefink…ermmm…something to test it on. We are always up for play here and there,” the being said half-joking. On one hand, it wouldn’t push its boundaries with Sharaku too much, but on the other if the other did decide to play, then Oki would be more than happy to be the playmate. After all, playing was another way of learning things no? Speaking of learning things, there were colors.

“Those are nice colors. Gold I am not so sure what I on the matter. I think I lean towards grey unless it is food then golden brown is the best color,”
Oki would say with a happy hum. The question and conversation might’ve seen pointless to some, but for Oki it was still enjoyable because it got to learn more about Sharaku. Small personal prying aside, Oki would shake its head lightly at Sharaku’s shrug and comment.

“Not exactly mine. Just pieces I found lying nearby. I am not sure what it all means, but perhaps these point to another factor, probably small and maybe even trivial, within the mess of a puzzle we already have. I brought them up because I found them an odd little tick. Last I checked the angels don’t leave calling cards…maybe it be one of their champions…” Oki said as it slouched in its seat becoming more comfortable. “Maybe we make something out of nothing. Who knows….” Oki said before falling silent for a moment to listen to whatever Sharaku had to say.

“What do you mean? How is she different. She has a wish no?” Oki asked as it tilted its head at the words and then tilting its head the other way it nodded. “I see. So it is.” Oki would mimic the tone of voice Sharaku had used before looking over at him with a small smirk, showing it was only playing; however, playtime would end as the being focused on absorbing what Sharaku’s goals were. As it listened it would cross its arm as it tapped its chin in thought.

“I cannot disagree with Saharaku, but at the same time I wonder if what you aim for can be achieved. From what I understand to get rid of an angel’s wish you have to beat said angel…..but I wonder  at times if there is a peaceful way around that. Or if we can all work as one against whatever drives the whole thing. I kind of like keeping all the pieces of the puzzle to see the big picture at the end. Not sure it the game will allow us to keep the pieces. However, if speaking is all you really want do with the angels, then perhaps Oki can help there since we are connected ourselves to one..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Train to Nowhere (Safi)   The Train to Nowhere (Safi) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Train to Nowhere (Safi)
Page 1 of 1