Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- Empty
PostSubject: [Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip-   [Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 10:14 pm

[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- 243m7me

The Underachiever
[Our lives are pointless, our goals are aimless. Humans should just die. So come give me my pointless death! Thank you very much, my Destroyer!]

The Biography

Birth Name: Slye [Sly] Thorne
Aliases: The Underachiever
Birth Day: October 31st
Arcana: [Lust: Hunger symbolizes the danger of losing control, of being consumed by power. The card also implies strength, but strength which comes through Dominance. It is not true power, but the pure bliss of abusing power.]

Place of Residence: (Where does your character live? School Dorms, Hayabusa, etc? Should be a location on the boards)
School Year: (Are you a first, second, or third year in school? Please make this related to age)
Class: (We'll fill this in once you're approved. This will be your class in school)

After School Club: (Are you a part of a club? If so, put it here. It needs to be a club listed on the guide here. This is optional.)

Part Time Job: (Do you have a job? If so, put it here. It can be completely custom or you can work in one of the various locations put on the board. This is optional.)

Appearance:

[Ah, I am still alive. It seems my desire to die was over taken by my desire to kill. Please try to aim for a vital spot next time! Thank you very much!]

[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- Tumblr_mfrhoww6eR1rvrw2eo1_500

[I look like the hero of your typical Shonen Jump Manga, right? What? A 5'6 dark haired, modest looking young man with keen bluish black eyes and a slender build would never be the protagonist of a Shonen Jump Manga!?]

Personality:

[They say people are the most honest when they're about to die. That means I knew your lover much more than you did. You could say I was her true lover, and you were the one faking, right?]

[When a baby is born, does the Mother ask herself what purpose it will have in the world? What life it will lead, or what destiny it will take for its own? Perhaps, but in the end it holds no point. Every birth. Every death. There is no purpose. That's the cold truth of life, you know. Every mark you think you're leaving, the next day someone could come along and simply overwrite or erase it. A child who was born one day could be gone the next. That's how fickle "life" is, and how uninspiring it is aswell. So marking this day forward, I, Slye Thorne, will wish for a Good Death. That's what we all deserve, after all. A Good Death that we can smile and thank our murderer for.]

[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip- Tumblr_static_ewrt

[Ah, just thinking about such a death makes me smile, you know. When I was a child I was very confused. Maybe I was smarter than I should have been at that age, but I understood something my parents did not. I understood that the world was not normal, and that the world was very unforgiving. Do you want to know what else I learned? The only escape someone could have from their pointless existence in this world was Death. Yes. To die meant to truly live. Oh how I craved it as a child, yet it never came to me. There were so many times I had the opportunity, but my body just moved on its own. Like when I carefully removed the eyes of my Professor. I wanted to only see the world through his eyes. I was a child, so it's completely natural to think of things through that thought process, you know. Oh, are you judging me? Don't be so cruel. If you were in my shoes you'd do the same, right? ..You wouldn't? Well, in the end, it doesn't matter. Nothing matters. The man who lost his eyeballs was easily replaced, and everything returned to normal. What I had done had no meaning or change on anything.]

[This is the "life" we "live", after all. But hopefully... not for long.]

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Chesire "Copy" Cat
Description: Slye has the unique ability of copying someone's own strength after viewing it for himself. Like the thoughts passing through his mind, this comes and goes, and he will never hold a strength longer than a topic. However, there is a limit to what sort of strength he can copy. Anything superhuman [That a Shadow or a Machine would have] he cannot take as his own. However, physical movement, fighting styles/techniques and communication strengths may be replicated to atleast their base form after he has a firm understanding of them to some degree.

Strength Name: The Spider's Web
Description: Slye is more efficient when it comes to trapping his opponents to finish them off. Though he is no slouch when it comes to hand to hand, trapping and giving them a proper death has always been alot more useful to him. His traps are hard to perceive by the naked eye, and if you're caught in one it's almost impossible to escape unless one has the skills of an escape artist to some degree.

Strength Name: Trickster
Description: Everyone's innocent until proven guilty right? Slye takes full advantage of this with his trickster ways. He knows he's not the strongest, smartest, or most talented. To make up for these short comings, he's fallen back to using mere tricks to get the upper hand in his social life. Rumors would say he was trained in the art of Ninjutsu, but that's impossible.. Right? You wouldn't be far off if you called him a ninja of sorts.

Strength Name: Quick but not Fast [Strength]
Description: Slye is quick, but certainly not fast. Infact, his running speed is rather pathetic. Or maybe it's more along the fact he can't stand running so he just doesn't. Regardless, he is quick to act. Because he is so lazy, he always attempts to use the least amount of effort to do anything, this includes living life in general. Instead of making wasted movements, like running away from someone with a gun, he'd instead make sleight movements with his body to narrowly dodge trajectory instead. This laziness of his has given him a great ability of having great reflex.

Strength Name: Complete Knowledge of the Human Body
Description: Bones, Muscles, Nerves, Joints, etc. All you'd ever need to know about the human body is all trapped within the grey matter of Slye's skull. He was not one for studies, but for specific reasons he learned the ins and outs of the human body. What this means, however.. Well, you'll have to see for your self when the time comes.

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Suicidal
Description: Slye is looking for a good death. Someone to kill him thoroughly. He is quite suicidal to this decree, but he will not easily allow someone to kill him even if he puts himself in a no win situation. This is because is lust for killing over powers his desire to die.

Weakness Name: People die when you Kill Them!?
Description: Could you say Sly has a problem? Quite the problem. Yes, a little problem. You see, our young lad enjoys the pleasures of murder. He feels it is his duty to kill anyone he comes across that happens to be an opponent. Missions that require him to take in someone alive is merely impossible, considering he cannot resist his urge to take a life. This puts him at odds with his superiors, as he is deemed unstable to be out on the field alone.

Weakness Name: Weaker Physical Blows
Description: Slye is pretty weak. Well, in actuality he is not weaker than the next guy, he is simply too lazy to use all his power even in combat. His Dex strength is lowered by 15%

Weakness Name: Quick but not Fast [weakness]
Description: Slye is a lazy killing machine. His running speed is slower than the next guy's. Well, in actuality, he is not slower than the next guy, he is simply too lazy to run whatsoever. The most anyone will get out of him is a light, nonchalant jog. This can slow down teams in dungeons who do not have a leadership trait, as he will always travel half their distance on a normal circumstance.

Weakness Name: No one is safe
Description: There's a fine line between Friend and Foe. However, what if one were to erase that line entirely. What if everyone fell into one category? That category being labeled [Alive]. Well then, it appears they need to be transferred to the one category that truly mattered. Yes, that one category. [Dead]. He can play nice, but never believe Slye is genuinely on your side. He believes everyone deserves a Good Death. Even if they are a terrorist or a fellow Cadet. Or maybe even a Cadet that shows signs of terror.. heh.

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Arachne's Web
Weapon Description: Dirty Black Barb Wire that stretches on for atleast 40 meters. He can summon portions of the wire as to not have too much to handle at once. The barb wire seem to have a sticky outer substance that only seems to be able to catch dirt and nothing else.
Weapon Image: (Not necessary)
Weapon Attack Type: Pierce
Weapon Element: N/A

The Background

History:(At Least 2-3 Paragraphs)

Code:
[center][IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/243m7me.jpg[/IMG][/center]
<div align="center">
<font size="+3" color="red" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">The Underachiever</font>
<font size"+1" color="#999999" face="Courier New, Courier, monospace">[color=silver][b][Our lives are pointless, our goals are aimless. Humans should just die. So come give me my pointless death! Thank you very much, my Destroyer!][/b][/color]</font>
</div><center>
<table><tr><td width="500px" style="font:18pt Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:red;text-align:right">The Biography
<hr style="border:1px dotted  red"></td></tr>
<tr><td style="width:500px;font:12px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color: #FFF">
[b]Birth Name:[/b] Slye [Sly] Thorne
[b]Aliases:[/b] The Underachiever
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Age:[/b] 16 [?]
[b]Birth Day:[/b] October 31st
[b]Arcana:[/b] [color=#ff0000][Lust: Hunger symbolizes the danger of losing control, of being consumed by power. The card also implies strength, but strength which comes through Dominance. It is not true power, but the pure bliss of abusing power.][/color]

[b]Place of Residence:[/b] (Where does your character live? School Dorms, Hayabusa, etc? Should be a location on the boards)
[b]School Year:[/b] (Are you a first, second, or third year in school? Please make this related to age)
[b]Class:[/b] (We'll fill this in once you're approved. This will be your class in school)

[b]After School Club:[/b]  (Are you a part of a club? If so, put it here. It needs to be a club listed on the guide [url=http://newarcana.forumotion.com/t1354-zela-academy-clubs]here[/url]. This is optional.)

[b]Part Time Job:[/b] (Do you have a job? If so, put it here. It can be completely custom or you can work in one of the various locations put on the board. This is optional.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[center][color=silver][b][Ah, I am still alive. It seems my desire to die was over taken by my desire to kill. Please try to aim for a vital spot next time! Thank you very much!][/b][/color][/center]

[center][img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/b13240dc20eb34f462c324b81ebf49ff/tumblr_mfrhoww6eR1rvrw2eo1_500.gif[/img][/center]

[color=silver][b][I look like the hero of your typical Shonen Jump Manga, right? What? A 5'6 dark haired, modest looking young man with keen bluish black eyes and a slender build would never be the protagonist of a Shonen Jump Manga!?] [/b][/color]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[center][b][color=silver][They say people are the most honest when they're about to die. That means I knew your lover much more than you did. You could say I was her true lover, and you were the one faking, right?][/color][/b][/center]

[b][color=silver][When a baby is born, does the Mother ask herself what purpose it will have in the world? What life it will lead, or what destiny it will take for its own? Perhaps, but in the end it holds no point. Every birth. Every death. There is no purpose. That's the cold truth of life, you know. Every mark you think you're leaving, the next day someone could come along and simply overwrite or erase it. A child who was born one day could be gone the next. That's how fickle "life" is, and how uninspiring it is aswell. So marking this day forward, I, Slye Thorne, will wish for a Good Death. That's what we all deserve, after all. A Good Death that we can smile and thank our murderer for.]

[center][img]http://static.tumblr.com/e1a737e246d79ad5e7d0bdc78a98c4cd/acu0p6b/7GHmkjoyf/tumblr_static_ewrt.png[/img][/center]

[Ah, just thinking about such a death makes me smile, you know. When I was a child I was very confused. Maybe I was smarter than I should have been at that age, but I understood something my parents did not. I understood that the world was not normal, and that the world was very unforgiving. Do you want to know what else I learned? The only escape someone could have from their pointless existence in this world was Death. Yes. To die meant to truly live. Oh how I craved it as a child, yet it never came to me. There were so many times I had the opportunity, but my body just moved on its own. Like when I carefully removed the eyes of my Professor. I wanted to only see the world through his eyes. I was a child, so it's completely natural to think of things through that thought process, you know. Oh, are you judging me? Don't be so cruel. If you were in my shoes you'd do the same, right? ..You wouldn't? Well, in the end, it doesn't matter. Nothing matters. The man who lost his eyeballs was easily replaced, and everything returned to normal. What I had done had no meaning or change on anything.]

[This is the "life" we "live", after all. But hopefully... not for long.][/color][/b]

</table>
<table><tr>
  <td width="500px" style="font:18pt Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:red;text-align:right">The Potential
    <hr style="border:1px dotted  red"></td></tr>

[b]Strengths:[/b]

—[b]Strength Name:[/b] Chesire "Copy" Cat
—[b]Description:[/b] Slye has the unique ability of copying someone's own strength after viewing it for himself. Like the thoughts passing through his mind, this comes and goes, and he will never hold a strength longer than a topic. However, there is a limit to what sort of strength he can copy. Anything superhuman [That a Shadow or a Machine would have] he cannot take as his own. However, physical movement, fighting styles/techniques and communication strengths may be replicated to atleast their base form after he has a firm understanding of them to some degree.

—[b]Strength Name:[/b] The Spider's Web
—[b]Description:[/b] Slye is more efficient when it comes to trapping his opponents to finish them off. Though he is no slouch when it comes to hand to hand, trapping and giving them a proper death has always been alot more useful to him. His traps are hard to perceive by the naked eye, and if you're caught in one it's almost impossible to escape unless one has the skills of an escape artist to some degree.

—[b]Strength Name:[/b] Trickster
—[b]Description:[/b] Everyone's innocent until proven guilty right? Slye takes full advantage of this with his trickster ways. He knows he's not the strongest, smartest, or most talented. To make up for these short comings, he's fallen back to using mere tricks to get the upper hand in his social life. Rumors would say he was trained in the art of Ninjutsu, but that's impossible.. Right? You wouldn't be far off if you called him a ninja of sorts.

—[b]Strength Name:[/b] Quick but not Fast [Strength]
—[b]Description:[/b] Slye is quick, but certainly not fast. Infact, his running speed is rather pathetic. Or maybe it's more along the fact he can't stand running so he just doesn't. Regardless, he is quick to act. Because he is so lazy, he always attempts to use the least amount of effort to do anything, this includes living life in general. Instead of making wasted movements, like running away from someone with a gun, he'd instead make sleight movements with his body to narrowly dodge trajectory instead. This laziness of his has given him a great ability of having great reflex.

—[b]Strength Name:[/b] Complete Knowledge of the Human Body
—[b]Description:[/b] Bones, Muscles, Nerves, Joints, etc. All you'd ever need to know about the human body is all trapped within the grey matter of Slye's skull. He was not one for studies, but for specific reasons he learned the ins and outs of the human body. What this means, however.. Well, you'll have to see for your self when the time comes.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

—[b]Weakness Name:[/b] Suicidal
—[b]Description:[/b] Slye is looking for a good death. Someone to kill him thoroughly. He is quite suicidal to this decree, but he will not easily allow someone to kill him even if he puts himself in a no win situation. This is because is lust for killing over powers his desire to die.

—[b]Weakness Name:[/b] People die when you Kill Them!?
—[b]Description:[/b] Could you say Sly has a problem? Quite the problem. Yes, a little problem. You see, our young lad enjoys the pleasures of murder. He feels it is his duty to kill anyone he comes across that happens to be an opponent. Missions that require him to take in someone alive is merely impossible, considering he cannot resist his urge to take a life. This puts him at odds with his superiors, as he is deemed unstable to be out on the field alone.

—[b]Weakness Name:[/b] Weaker Physical Blows
—[b]Description:[/b] Slye is pretty weak. Well, in actuality he is not weaker than the next guy, he is simply too lazy to use all his power even in combat. His Dex strength is lowered by 15%

—[b]Weakness Name:[/b] Quick but not Fast [weakness]
—[b]Description:[/b] Slye is a lazy killing machine. His running speed is slower than the next guy's. Well, in actuality, he is not slower than the next guy, he is simply too lazy to run whatsoever. The most anyone will get out of him is a light, nonchalant jog. This can slow down teams in dungeons who do not have a leadership trait, as he will always travel half their distance on a normal circumstance.

—[b]Weakness Name:[/b] No one is safe
—[b]Description:[/b] There's a fine line between Friend and Foe. However, what if one were to erase that line entirely. What if everyone fell into one category? That category being labeled [Alive]. Well then, it appears they need to be transferred to the one category that truly mattered. Yes, that one category. [Dead]. He can play nice, but never believe Slye is genuinely on your side. He believes everyone deserves a Good Death. Even if they are a terrorist or a fellow Cadet. Or maybe even a Cadet that shows signs of terror.. heh.

[b]Soul Bound Weapon:[/b]

[b]Weapon Name[/b]: Arachne's Web
[b]Weapon Description[/b]: Dirty Black Barb Wire that stretches on for atleast 40 meters. He can summon portions of the wire as to not have too much to handle at once. The barb wire seem to have a sticky outer substance that only seems to be able to catch dirt and nothing else.
[b]Weapon Image[/b]: (Not necessary)
[b]Weapon Attack Type[/b]: Pierce
[b]Weapon Element[/b]: N/A

</table>
<table>
<td width="500px" style="font:18pt Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:#FF0000;text-align:right">The Background
    <hr style="border:1px dotted  #FF0000"></td></tr>

[b]History:[/b](At Least 2-3 Paragraphs)

</table>
</center>
Back to top Go down

[Spoiled Right "Slye Thorne"] -Wip-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Persona :: New Arcana :: The Out of World :: General Threads :: Archives-
Jump to: